It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wish me luck I have got a new Job interview today :D

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Good luck mate

Let us know as soon as you can. Fingers, toes, legs, arms, and everything else crossed for you.

Have you got any idea how hard it is to type when you look like a reef knot

Cody

edit on 26/6/13 by cody599 because: Crap at typing

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Best of luck, my friend. I flipped my lucky silver dollar for you 3 times and it came up heads 3 times. That means you have a 100% chance of getting the best outcome. That doesn't mean the best outcome is that you will get the job, though. It may be that you would hate the job, or die in an accident there, or something. In any case, luck is on your side!

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by VictorVonDoom

Thought I'd try that as well
Flipped my packet of cigarettes once................ now on my hands and knees picking up ciggies

Cody

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

Congratulations and good luck you crazy monkey!~

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Something that no-one on this thread has crossed yet are Beau locks... i am keeping them crossed for you BoyMonkey and sincerely hoping that you get that job... i truly beleive that you deserve it.

Sorry i didn't answer beforehand but was driving through Paris in rush hour... what more can i say???

For those of you not in Europe... Paris isn't as romantic as you see it in the brochures i can assure you!

Kindest respects and good night to you all.

Rodinus
edit on 26-6-2013 by Rodinus because: Word added

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Good luck, good luck, good luck!!!

PS. I never iron clothes. If you need something de wrinkled, put it in your dryer with a wet (not soaking) washcloth. Dry five minutes and voila! No more wrinkles!

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl
Good luck, good luck, good luck!!!

PS. I never iron clothes. If you need something de wrinkled, put it in your dryer with a wet (not soaking) washcloth. Dry five minutes and voila! No more wrinkles!

I did that with my cat once... darned thing came out all wrinkled!

How do you explain that Smelly? *wink wink*

Hugs

Rodinus
edit on 26-6-2013 by Rodinus because: Oh Oh, starting to feel tired!

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

Cheers all and great tip smylee

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   

reply to post by Rodinus

I've.....got.....

Yeah. I've got nothing.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl

reply to post by Rodinus

I've.....got.....

Yeah. I've got nothing.

I will be serious now...

Another great tip when you cannot be bothered to iron and depending if you have bed springs or not is to place your shirt under the matteress before going to bed... and HEY PRESTO... a nicely ironed shirt with bed spring or wooden latte patterns on your shirt for the job interview...

Or just hang it up in the bathroom after a bath and the humidity will work those creases out.

As for the cat in the tumble dryer... i got things mixed up... i think it was the tumble dryer in the cat!

Its a dead hard cat from the North! (which reminds me that i must one of these days write a thread about my dead hard 3 legged cat called slug who has a tendancy of beating up my 4 dogs!) (should have called it Chuck!))

Kindest respects

Rodinus
edit on 26-6-2013 by Rodinus because: Word added

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I wish you luck on the job interview. Everyone needs to work, energy likes to stay busy. Try to have confidence but do not overdo it too much, there will always be someone above you in authority no matter where you work.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

I think it went very well, lasted over 90 mins and it was a score based interview and the main interviewer helped me along once on a question (I knew it but nerves got to me) and he wrote down I answered it correctly.
I wish they could just tell you straight away...its killing me

I told them about my current job and they could not believe my current employer is going to charge me 35 quid for a reference...
edit on 26-6-2013 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Is that weird....paying for a reference. I gave references on employees I had, most were good and even the bad ones had the reasons listed as to why I let them go. Most times they were let go for not working well with others on a crew or for being too pushy or trying to take over the crew.
I always liked to work, I worked right along side with my workers most time. I didn't care for pushing a pencil or keyBored all the time. Yes, I spelled bored right

edit on 26-6-2013 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   

I have tried to find out If charging an employee is illegal but I can not find anything to do with it on the net,no one to my knowledge has ever done it.
Thing is If I do not pay I do not get another job..
, I know from other workers saying she will not even respond to a reference request If that money has not been payed.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Would it not be they charge you for the COPYING of your records and recommendation that needs someone in the office (time and $$$) to do it for you?

I could see them charging based on that fact. That someone has to prepare it for you so you can get it....not right, but probably understandable to an extent.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74

I have tried to find out If charging an employee is illegal but I can not find anything to do with it on the net,no one to my knowledge has ever done it.
Thing is If I do not pay I do not get another job..
, I know from other workers saying she will not even respond to a reference request If that money has not been payed.

Not sure of your laws over there. But it seems like the supervisor is taking advantage of their position. Never once have I asked for money for a reference, or letter of recommendation.
That they are asking for money says to me they are not interested in doing it. I would be wary to accepting a reference from them.
Do you have no one else you can get a reference from? Someone else in the current company perhaps?

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by randomtangentsrme

All the other people are just care assistants like myself so none would be qualified to do so. It is a family run business.
I am just gonna have to pay..but after I leave the CQC will be getting a dossier on what goes on at the care home, also immigration seeing they employ illegals.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Well your last post says it all for me.
She is swindler, the place you work at is operating outside the law and this b#@ch is trying to charge you for a courtesy extended to employees as a thank you for the time you spent with them and the work you put in.

Do what you gotta do boymonkey, I would be having a quite word in the cows ear.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   

I'd pay. Otherwise you will be there forever

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Dear boymonkey74,

As I said previously, I wish you luck in getting the job. For about 40 years I have hired and fired people. I have given so many interviews that I lost count decades ago. One of the organizations under me is Human Resources. I want you to remember something. Even if you give the best interview you have ever given, you never know who the next candidate was. They may have had three times the experience. Even if you don't get the job, it doesn't mean that you had a bad interview or made any mistakes.

Starting a career is tough. I will give you the advice I gave my children and friends. Whatever job you get, make sure you do more and learn more than everyone else. Find the jobs nobody wants to do and excel at them, make them look easy. Learn everything you can about your industry and you will do well. I hope it all works out well. Peace,

AQuestion

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join