It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Snowden en route from H.K. to Moscow: report

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by torsion

Originally posted by Swills

Well good news for Mr. Snowden!

Really?

So he will spend the rest of his days away from family and friends hiding in some foreign country always looking over his shoulder. He's had his 15 minutes of fame but it has cost him dearly. The public will forget all about him soon but the agencies that are pursuing him won't.

He knew the consequences when he spilled the beans & god bless him for it. He gave up a six figure salary while living in Hawaii & word is he had a smoking hot girlfriend. So yes he gave that up & all his friends & family to remind the world of how tyrannical the US govt still is. Speaking of a tyrannical US govt, they would clearly indefinitely detain him without due process if they are given the chance thanks to their 2012 NDAA.

So now he'll have to live maybe in beautiful Iceland until we Americans finally do something about our tyrannical govt.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I wonder if he's selling information to the Chinese and Russians. The two countries along makes me wonder what he is exposing to them.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by citizenx1

They don't pretend to be the land of freedom and democracy in the same way the UK and US do.

You're comparing apples and cars.

No, Im not comparing apples and cars. I was responding to and disagreeing with the claim that Russia and China "dont do as much snooping".

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Our governments do not define us. We are no better, though we're not much worse either. Russia has come a long way since soviet times, though they still face much bigger problems than we do in some areas.

I became disenchanted of our nation's facade of moral superiority at a rather young age, so it doesn't shock me that much to see things like this come into fruition.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by sylent6

I must say, I do fear the same, though he's claimed that he would never release information that would put Americans at risk. Exposing these domestic spy operations, in my opinion, was the right thing to do, but whoring out secrets to whoever will make him the best offer is grounds for treason.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   
I think its more than obvious Snowden has been recruited by Russia & Chinese Intelligence agency's to sell out his own country

He's probably already told the Chinese everything he knows about the US & UK national security programs and is now en route to Russia to share it with them to,

He'll be a very wealthy man till he's caught

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   
This came just in. There will probably pop up a thread in the next minutes, but i put it here as there is not much more to add.

Edward Snowden, the former US intelligence contractor who leaked classified documents revealing US internet and phone surveillance, has asked Ecuador for asylum.

bbc

edit on 23-6-2013 by talklikeapirat because: pgped

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

To think he would have been better off in the US is ridiculous.

I didn't say he would be better off. I said that if he were a patriot or a hero, he wouldn't have gone overseas to China and Russia and spilled our state secrets to them which endager our national security.

You sure did allude that he should have stayed in the US verses going to China/Russia because he would have been better off due to all of his support (which funny enough, according to recent polls he doesn't have the support he should).

- Snowden has A LOT of support here in the USA. He could have stayed and fought here with a heck of a lot of support from the people. He didn't. Some say he had to in order to save his life. I say that's bunk

My point, with illegal acts like indefinitely detaining and or killing US citizens Snowden would have not been able to fight the US govt had he stayed here in the USA.

So far, no matter what your opinion of China (or Hong Kong)/Russia, both of these countries are doing their best to not let him fall into the tyrannical hands of the US gov't. His final destination is neither China nor Russia so continually preaching how bad both these countries are is completely irrelevant.

edit on 23-6-2013 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   

He knew the consequences when he spilled the beans & god bless him for it. He gave up a six figure salary while living in Hawaii & word is he had a smoking hot girlfriend.

No matter how hot a woman is, somewhere there is a man sick of her ----. Snowden must have been sick of hers. As for salary, Snowden will be okay. His services are highly sought-after by several major governments and foreign security contractors.

Speaking of a tyrannical US govt, they would clearly indefinitely detain him without due process if they are given the chance thanks to their 2012 NDAA.

The FY 2012 NDAA (aren't we in FY 2013 now?) gives the USG no such authorities.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by TritonTaranis
I think its more than obvious Snowden has been recruited by Russia & Chinese Intelligence agency's to sell out his own country

He's probably already told the Chinese everything he knows about the US & UK national security programs and is now en route to Russia to share it with them to,

And everything he knows is what? That the US monitors *everything*? That big corporations sell/allow agencies to watch our private data? We already knew that before the whistleblowing (or at least anyone with the slightest knowledge of how computers work and how easy it is to monitor).

If he managed to sell that information to other countries I applaud him for being the biggest troll ever. Especially since those other countries probably have just as big operations in place for doing the same things.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   

I didn't say he would be better off.

You sure did allude that he should have stayed in the US verses going to China/Russia.

I said it would have been a better thing to do. Not that it would have been better for him personally.
Take Paul Revere for example. It would have been better FOR HIM to say at home and shut up.
But it was a better thing and more patriotic thing for him to do his 'midnight ride'. See?

edit on 6/23/2013 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   

no matter what your opinion of China (or Hong Kong)/Russia, both of these countries are doing their best to not let him fall into the tyrannical hands of the US gov't.

The point is ... China and Russia are tyrannical ... even more so.
If Snowden really loves freedom .. he's banking on the wrong countries ...

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Best news that I've heard all day...all week actually. God speed Mr. Snowden. A real patriot fighting against the tyranny of the alphabet organizations ruining our country.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   
The Government of Ecuador has received an asylum request from Edward J. #Snowden

It looks as though live updates are beginning at this RT link:

Tweet away: rt.com...

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by FurvusRexCaeli

My only response to your post is laughter but what really makes me giggle is you thinking that the NDAA of 2012 doesn't exist and or gives the USG the power to indefinitely detain Americans. Not only did it give them the power but a NY federal judge even ruled it unconstitutional and did her best to block the act but unfortunately Obama's lawyers found another federal judge to overrule her.

So yeah...

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   

no matter what your opinion of China (or Hong Kong)/Russia, both of these countries are doing their best to not let him fall into the tyrannical hands of the US gov't.

The point is ... China and Russia are tyrannical ... even more so.
If Snowden really loves freedom .. he's banking on the wrong countries ...

Yeah we get your point, you've been making the same point post after post. We get it and we already knew that but the point is he had to get out of the US and go somewhere where the US couldn't get their hands on him easily, and he clearly made the right choices.

Had he stayed in the US and blew his whistle he'd be finished before he started.
edit on 23-6-2013 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   

You have stated what many people think... that I have talked to... in the city I live in; whether Snowden has actually done the above; (I really don't know). I hope and pray he has not...however I think it is a distinct possibility.

edit on 23-6-2013 by caladonea because: edit

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   

I didn't say he would be better off.

You sure did allude that he should have stayed in the US verses going to China/Russia.

I said it would have been a better thing to do. Not that it would have been better for him personally.
Take Paul Revere for example. It would have been better FOR HIM to say at home and shut up.
But it was a better thing and more patriotic thing for him to do his 'midnight ride'. See?

edit on 6/23/2013 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

Better for him? No it wouldn't, and there's really no point for anyone to argue with you about this anymore. You clearly have your mind made up and not I nor anyone else will show you any other way.

Agree to completely disagree.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Why is everyone saying he has sold the information ? can someone provide a link to reputable & credit worthy site please ?

Snowden gave the information to news organizations he felt he could trust, maybe he was in contact with Wikileaks before, i would of thought the only payment he received is the hotel bill for staying in HK, that to me is more than acceptable.

As for people saying he should of stayed in the USA to fight, are you insane ? do you really think the US justice system would find him innocent or say he has no case to answer, don't forget you are talking about a country that kidnaps people & put them on jets to American soil so that they can be tortured & illegally imprisoned, the USA is the worlds biggest bully & sponsor of state terrorism, bullies always get their comeuppance in the end.

The rest of the world is getting fed up of the USA throwing it's weight around & some Americans are waking up to the fact, Snowden is one of them.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea

You have stated what many people think that I have talked to in the city I live in; whether Snowden has actually done the above; (I really don't know). I hope and pray he has not...however I think it is a distinct possibility.

China and Russia already know just about everything Snowden has. He's not really leaking anything to them...he's leaking it to the American people and the world population in general. Sure China and Russia are more tyrannical than we are, but we pretend that we more free and transparent than we are. Snowden is just revealing that to the common people of the world. All China and Russia are doing is pretending to be outraged and leveraging this for their own benefit.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join