It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Snowden en route from H.K. to Moscow: report

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   

www.guardian.co.uk...
edit on 23-6-2013 by xavi1000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Do people not know how seriously messed up that is?

It's 9 kinds of BS

American 'spying' bad and runs to the biggest spies in the world that make us look like amateurs.

Idolatry of people who are not worthy is the cancer eating this nations soul.
edit on 23-6-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swills

Originally posted by torsion

Originally posted by Swills

Well good news for Mr. Snowden!

Really?

So he will spend the rest of his days away from family and friends hiding in some foreign country always looking over his shoulder. He's had his 15 minutes of fame but it has cost him dearly. The public will forget all about him soon but the agencies that are pursuing him won't.

He knew the consequences when he spilled the beans & god bless him for it. He gave up a six figure salary while living in Hawaii & word is he had a smoking hot girlfriend. So yes he gave that up & all his friends & family to remind the world of how tyrannical the US govt still is. Speaking of a tyrannical US govt, they would clearly indefinitely detain him without due process if they are given the chance thanks to their 2012 NDAA.

So now he'll have to live maybe in beautiful Iceland until we Americans finally do something about our tyrannical govt.

America has been tyrannical since the 19th century. Why else would they quash the legitimate government of the CSA. Burden the South with taxes and tariffs. The yankees were given the chance to evacuate Ft.Sumter, but refused. So we took it. An illegal military instillation in a sovereign nation. If the War of northern aggression was about slavery, why weren't the slaves freed in Maryland, Delaware, W Va MO or Kentucky freed also? Because they were yankee sympathizers. lincoln was a despot and got what he deserved in the end. One day we will have a free South again.

www.youtube.com...

ETA: Snowden is a patriot in my eyes. More so than the so called people in the District of Criminals.
edit on 23-6-2013 by dudeman351 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   
You are saying that he has been corrupted due to his vigilance. It would be a good idea to keep in mind that the USG has some impressive plans for the future, if 'ya know what I mean.. (Bubble gum cracking..)

edit on 23-6-2013 by tony9802 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   
I don't like Julian assange OR wikileaks.... He is in bed with that scum..
He's is in bed with some really bad scum,
which is making my opinion on him very wary..
He knew he could get prison time for doing this...
Do the crime pay the time is the motto of some jack hats. I am glad it is confirmed now.
Snowden its time to come home buddy.. ENCRYPT ENCRYPT ENCRYPT

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Jakes51

.... a country that at times has been quite difficult to get along with.

How many fingers would it take to count the number of countries the US "gets along with"?

Oh, and never doubt that they spy on us, too.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   
US politicians issue warning to Russia as Edward Snowden arrives in Moscow
www.guardian.co.uk...

Mike Rogers, chairman of the House permanent select committee on intelligence, told NBC's Meet The Press..."Putin has been planting a thorn in the world's side in Syria. We think they may not be playing honest with respect to the nuclear treaty. They are very aggressive around the world," he said.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by xavi1000
www.guardian.co.uk...

Mike Rogers, chairman of the House permanent select committee on intelligence, told NBC's Meet The Press..."Putin has been planting a thorn in the world's side in Syria. We think they may not be playing honest with respect to the nuclear treaty. They are very aggressive around the world," he said.

But if the asylum request has already been submitted, then things move in a different direction..
Russia is probably not under obligation to turn him over; In fact, I think that technically speaking,
they can likewise give asylum.. or they at least could make the offer.. don't know though.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by frazzle

Still, why would he give secrets to China? What do the American people have to gain from that? He tauts of himself as a champion for the American people. Although, his recents actions do not serve the American people, but the Chinese. Perhaps, the people he cares so much about would receive weakened national security, further erosion of their stature abroad, and just mucking up the water with one of the United States' largest economic partners. If there are heroes like that who needs enemies. If he wasn't charged with espionage? He would fit in well with folks in Congress. I am on the fence about this guy, and have been since the very beginning.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
Do people seriously how messed up that is?

It's 9 kinds of BS

American 'spying' bad and runs to the biggest spies in the world that make us look like amateurs.

Idolatry of people who are not worthy is the cancer eating this nations soul.

neo,
Since I see eye-to-eye with you on 99.999% of things, I say this with respect.
He attempted to get important info out to the American people. We don't know what that information is yet, since the papers to which he leaked information have been gagged from printing it. The entire uproar thus far is over 3 of the 41 pages of a single NSA PPT document. The important stuff, what likely made him do what he did, is unknown at this point.
This is an extremely important point in itself.
When Snowden speaks of “turn-key tyranny”, I believe him.
He knows he's a dead man. All of his actions now are being done to save his own life, which in this case could mean he is still doing his patriotic duty and upholding his oath to the Constitution:
by staying alive long enough to finish getting the word out (e.g. being able to do a live press conference from a safe place, to ensure that people will actually receive the information for which he has put his life in jeopardy).

I refrain from judgement accordingly.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jakes51
reply to post by frazzle

I am on the fence about this guy, and have been since the very beginning.

Noted and stored

NSA

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by xavi1000
www.guardian.co.uk...

Hope I'm not going too far afield here but I wonder how much all of this hoopla has to do with Snowden and how much of it is about BRICS. Russia HAS been very aggressive in setting up nation to nation trade deals all over the world that cut out the fed res and the world bankers and BRICS currency would leave them hanging out to dry. Could this anti China and Russia meme have anything to do with dollar hegemony? Oh, say it isn't so. And then there is this strange uprising in Brazil (the first nation listed in BRICS) ... over bus fares? Gimme a break. As FDR said, when it comes to government nothing is a coincidence.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by 3mperorConstantinE

Since when have the American people ever mattered?

We haven't neither has any other 'right'.

Snowden could have taken it to a congressional hearing with a congressional investigation instead of running to countries that are 'hostile' to this one Russia/China.

Both have long histories of spying themselves.

Turn key 'tyranny' guess they never heard of J. Edgar Hoover either, or the decades of that so called 'tyranny'

Don't think too much of anyone who runs or those who think they can take on the US government head on and 'change' anything is not living in reality.

Snowden sure wins a darwin award tho.
edit on 23-6-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by tony9802

As far as I know, he hasn't left Sheremetevo airport terminal and hasn't gone through passport control and customs.

So, techically, he hasn't entered Russian territory yet (and he can not - no visa... and non can be issued as passport is revoked). I guess it will stay this way. If, as some report allege he has been picked up by diplomatic car right on tarmac, than he is under diplomatic immunity as long as he stays inside it or with an ambassador. I guess, our authorities (Yes, I'm Russian) are cautious on this one. If Snowden will not technically enter Russia, all claims and demands of hand-over will be void, as he would not be under Russian jurisdiction. My take is that they want to walk a fine line, knowingly allowing Ecuadorian ambasador a little bit of abuse of his stature, thus deflecting all legal risks to Ecuador.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jakes51
reply to post by frazzle

Still, why would he give secrets to China? What do the American people have to gain from that? He tauts of himself as a champion for the American people. Although, his recents actions do not serve the American people, but the Chinese. Perhaps, the people he cares so much about would receive weakened national security, further erosion of their stature abroad, and just mucking up the water with one of the United States' largest economic partners. If there are heroes like that who needs enemies. If he wasn't charged with espionage? He would fit in well with folks in Congress. I am on the fence about this guy, and have been since the very beginning.

What's going on in the cyber world goes far beyond "spying", there's another word that fits better.

Stuxnet was launched in 2009 and 2010, and possibly 2008 as well, and targeted cascades and centrifuges at the Natanz uranium enrichment plant in Iran. The cyberweapon was reportedly designed by Israel and the U.S. in an effort to set back Iran’s ability to produce a nuclear weapon, though the U.S. has not officially acknowledged its role in the attack. Until the attacks occurred, intelligence agencies speculated that Iran would be able to produce a nuclear weapon by 2010. The attacks by Stuxnet are believed to have set back the program by an estimated three years.

www.wired.com...

The American people need to know what "their" government and their government's friends are doing to others because sooner or later it will be done to them.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

In the 21st century:
Tyranny = Big Brother

J. Edgar Hoover... that wasn't tyranny, that was the USGov vs. their opponents, using old-school human ingenuity, and with both sides on rather even-footing: filing cabinets and paper documents, substitution cyphers encrypting messages hammered out on cellulose via rusty mechanical typewriters, physical bugs hidden in lampshades and smoke-detectors, taps and splitters bridging coiled copper wires snaking through the telephone closets of high-rise apartment buildings.
The ‘subversives’ and S.A.’s of the time had to contend with and utilize these methods.
And when someone had to go: dynamite bombs wired by hand to car starters.

Remember, 2 years after J. dropped dead:
Woodward & Bernstein & friends brought down the President of the United States over something that appears quaint today.

All of that is a far-cry from ubiquitous surveillance cameras, 100% collect, capture, likely decryption, and lifetime storage of all digital signal lines. All 100% searchable:

[color=#33FF00]
% hadoop fs -cat ats-users-join-dmv-csv-gzip/* | gzgrep -f neo96 | sed '1s/^/ATS username neo96 is /'

[color=#B0B0B0]>> ATS username neo96 is John Q. Smith
123 Happy Street
Sheboygan, WI 53081

And when someone has to go: “heart-attack” guns and Predator drones.

With regards to the American people?
I don't know chief, to me — a good case could be made and a part of me believes that – this country died in 1865, long before I was ever born.

edit on 23-6-2013 by 3mperorConstantinE because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   
How did he get from HK if the U.S blocked his passport so he could not leave the Moscow terminal building?

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by aintevenmad

Too late with notifications of annulment on US part, probably. Or HK just feigned that it was recieved late, to take geopolitical heat off them by allowing Snowden to exit.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Snowden is a real hero. Transparency in all governments should be our mantra. How else to deny ignorance than with truth? All Snowden did is wake up the American people to what is going on. He didn't give our enemies any new information and really ...are China and Russia our enemies? Serious question, that is.
Keep in mind, that our founding fathers were all traitors and terrorists by today's standards. I think Snowden is in good company.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
reply to post by redoubt

I can't speak to his treatment during incarceration. I don't know which stories are true and which aren't . There is a lot of posturing going on with both sides. All I can say is that Manning took an oath and he betrayed his country. He wasn't a whistleblower or a patriot. Manning is a different story than Snowden. Snowdens case is convoluted. Mannings is not.

And Snowden signed a non disclosure agreement. He broke his oath just as Manning did.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join