It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Snowden en route from H.K. to Moscow: report

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

FlyersFan, you and I see eye to eye about almost everything.

And even you must admit that recently (within the past few decades) the US has become more draconian with it's rules, laws, spying, secrets, abuses.

Every person has a line drawn in the sand.

Determining where your line is might help in defining your position.

I know where mine is, my friend.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Apparently his US Passport has been revoked.

This could be a major problem...

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by citizenx1

Is that a shocker? He is an "enemy" of the state.

They knew that going in. Nothing to worry about soon he will be safe with Assange.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by shaneslaughta
reply to post by citizenx1

Is that a shocker? He is an "enemy" of the state.

They knew that going in. Nothing to worry about soon he will be safe with Assange.

Surprise? No. Wouldn't put anything past those cowards hiding behind secrecy.

Wonder if he's travelling on some temporary document from another nation...

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by Swills
Well good news for Mr. Snowden! He's on his way to freedom from the US if everything goes as planned.

- Snowden isn't the hero that people are making him out to be.

- Snowden has A LOT of support here in the USA. He could have stayed and fought here with a heck of a lot of support from the people. He didn't. Some say he had to in order to save his life. I say that's bunk.

Yeah , and Bradley Manning has a lot of support in USA but he is rothen in jail . Snowden is a hero in my heart i dont care for you , maybe you dont have a heart?

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   
The reports are that Snowden is traveling with a Venezuelan diplomat & will be picked up in a diplomatic car & travel to the Venezuelan embassy in Moscow & then in a day or so travel to Havana & then on to Venezuela, so in effect he will not be on Russian soil, he will no doubt get Venezuelan citizenship in the embassy.

What i would like to know is how safe exactly is Venezuela, what if the government changes to a more friendly USA one ? wouldn't Russia or more-so China be safer, i know it's easier to cross the borders in South America if the government were to become pro-USA because many countries are not friendly towards the USA in South America, the government in China is unlikely to fall in the next decade or so.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 10:54 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Russia better than America in terms of freedom? Please, lol. If Snowden was a Russian whistleblower, I doubt he'd still be alive. It's only okay to publicly assassinate American citizens if they are Middle Eastern according to our beloved warlord.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
And even you must admit that recently (within the past few decades) the US has become more draconian with it's rules, laws, spying, secrets, abuses.

absolutely. I have already said that the NSA spying is awful and that I'm glad it's been exposed. Stating the fact that China and Russia are WORSE than the USA in areas of freedom and government intrusion doesn't take away from that statement. And it doesn't make sense for Snowden to claim to be on the side of liberty and freedom ... just to jump from the USA to countries that have a worse record than we do.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Well good news for Mr. Snowden! He's on his way to freedom from the US if everything goes as planned.

Swills ... China, Russia, all of them ... they all spy on their citizens. China and Russia are even worse than the USA. People over there disappear into big dark black holes (their versions of prison). So Snowden isn't going to 'freedom'. He has jumped out of the frying pan and into the fire.

- I'm glad we know about the NSA/Obama Admin spying on us all.

- Snowden isn't the hero that people are making him out to be. If he were a true patriot, he wouldn't be running to countries that have even worse human rights/privacy records than the USA. If he were a patriot, he'd be here fighting for REAL government transparency and privacy (not the Obama B.S. rhetoric version) ... but instead he's associating himself with governments that are even worse than the Obama administration.

- Snowden has A LOT of support here in the USA. He could have stayed and fought here with a heck of a lot of support from the people. He didn't. Some say he had to in order to save his life. I say that's bunk.

You really think he could have stayed here and fought against our sham of a justice system? Have you forgotten Bradley Manning?

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by DestroyDestroyDestroy
reply to post by beezzer

Russia better than America in terms of freedom? Please, lol. If Snowden was a Russian whistleblower, I doubt he'd still be alive. It's only okay to publicly assassinate American citizens if they are Middle Eastern according to our beloved warlord.

Then are we no better than Russia? There was a time when I believed that America was better than anywhere else.

Not any more.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Isn't the real question is how what Snowden has done make the world a better place. You say people have the right to know , well now you know. The programs aren't going away and will end going to the U.N where in order to preserve them we will offer to share the info with all the countries. And they will say no we don't want anything to do with it. Ya Right. While most of you are arguing he is a Hero by stating the that USA is wronger doesn't change the fact he did break the law and is a defector. If Russia and China aren't as bad as USA , Well why you still here ? You see I don't kid myself and call other people sheep, when I look around and see were all in the same pasture. In the end he will turn out to be just a Patsy that helped further the NWO.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Swills ... China, Russia, all of them ... they all spy on their citizens. China and Russia are even worse than the USA. People over there disappear into big dark black holes (their versions of prison). So Snowden isn't going to 'freedom'. He has jumped out of the frying pan and into the fire.

- I'm glad we know about the NSA/Obama Admin spying on us all.

- Snowden isn't the hero that people are making him out to be. If he were a true patriot, he wouldn't be running to countries that have even worse human rights/privacy records than the USA. If he were a patriot, he'd be here fighting for REAL government transparency and privacy (not the Obama B.S. rhetoric version) ... but instead he's associating himself with governments that are even worse than the Obama administration.

There are big differences between Hong Kong & China, Snowden even discusses this in his first interview with the Guardian. Russia is not the Russia during the Cold War but it doesn't matter cus Russia isn't keeping Snowden, they are only flying him out so he may safely transfer to Iceland or Ecuador or whereever.

To think he would have been better off in the US is ridiculous. He's a patriot & was clearly safer in Hong Kong than any US state or territory. Ever heard of the NDAA of 2012? Yeah, he would have been better off here in the US......... Support would have not kept him safe.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   

absolutely. I have already said that the NSA spying is awful and that I'm glad it's been exposed. Stating the fact that China and Russia are WORSE than the USA in areas of freedom and government intrusion doesn't take away from that statement. And it doesn't make sense for Snowden to claim to be on the side of liberty and freedom ... just to jump from the USA to countries that have a worse record than we do.

Now, as just stated in a previous post, America is no better than Russia or China. As a country, we have lowered ourselves to a quasi-police state oft seen anywhere and everywhere else.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by xavi1000
Snowden is a hero in my heart i dont care for you , maybe you dont have a heart?

Grow up. If you want to worship Snowden as a hero ... go right ahead. Considering his actions, I'm not going to do that. As I've said elsewhere... if he were a hero/patriot then he would have exposed the NSA spying and stayed to fight it. Instead, he goes to two foreign countries that have worse human rights records than the USA and he gives them state secrets that will cause damage to our national security.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 11:15 AM
link   

To think he would have been better off in the US is ridiculous.

I didn't say he would be better off. I said that if he were a patriot or a hero, he wouldn't have gone overseas to China and Russia and spilled our state secrets to them which endager our national security.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Now, as just stated in a previous post, America is no better than Russia or China.

I disagree. When America starts forcing abortions like in China .. or throws rock bands in jail for writing anti-Obama songs ... then we'll be as bad as Russia or China. Until it gets that bad, we aren't on the same level of 'bad' as China or Russia.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Now, as just stated in a previous post, America is no better than Russia or China.

I disagree. When America starts forcing abortions like in China .. or throws rock bands in jail for writing anti-Obama songs ... then we'll be as bad as Russia or China. Until it gets that bad, we aren't on the same level of 'bad' as China or Russia.

America doesn't throw bands in jail, it just sends the IRS after them.

It doesn't force abortions, but it encourages them.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   
my guess is once he lands in moscow he is not going anywhere, he will apply and be granted the asylum as russian foreign office said before that if he applies they will consider granting the request.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

ummm yeah, because those in GITMO are not American citizens and they do not have the same Constitutional rights as American citizens do.

85 of the prisoners held at Guantanamo were cleared for release in 2007 but the US government has refused to release 82 of them, probably because the scars they bear show that waterboarding was the least of what was done to them. NOR will the government even allow them to starve themselves to death to escape their daily nightmare, instead military "doctors" jam feeding tubes into them every day to keep them alive for some unstated purpose.
www.washingtonpost.com...

Not only does the US not abide by constitutional laws, its behavior flies in the face of international law, human dignity and humanity. I'm sure Snowden is perfectly well aware of this fact even if you are not.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join