It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Amnesty Bill" seals fate of young Black Americans.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 02:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Dianec

I agree with you. The sad part is that our government has other agendas. I don't think common sense matters to them.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

Originally posted by neo96
One of the biggest problem with amnesty is the ASSUMPTION that illegals want it in the first place.

Looking at their track record they don't take citizenship to seriously in the first place they cut, and run to somewhere 'better' when it gets 'tough'.

And yeah it is like that.

Sadly, seems you are right....

About 5.4 million Mexican immigrants are eligible to become U.S. citizens but 2/3 have not done so.

Two Thirds of Legal Mexican Immigrants Don't Apply for Citizenship

Many could choose an intermediate status—legal permanent resident—that would remove the threat of deportation, enable them to work legally and require them to pay taxes, but not afford them the full rights of U.S. citizenship, including the right to vote

This part of the article surprised the hell out of me. yet I don't see anywhere in there if these people were asked WHY. Second, they are saying these people are legal mexican immigrants who don't want citizenship. How can you be legal and illegal at the same time? Work visas?
Third how the hell did they track down this many people and ask them all?

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 04:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrSpad

Originally posted by DarthMuerte

Originally posted by Ghost375
Except most of the illegal immigrants are already working....

So deport them and let AMERICANS take the jobs.

Yeah right, maybe for ten times the wages and benefits. And we know people are not going to pay $10 for an orange to cover that.

Stop and think about that statement for a moment. You're right, most Americans would not do the job the illegals do for anywhere near the same level of pay. Now, suddenly grant amnesty and citizenship to all those illegal workers and guess what? THEY JUST BECAME AMERICANS, TOO. Now they will also expect to be paid 5 times as much and you're STILL gonna pay $10 an orange.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 05:15 AM
link   
reply to post by whyamIhere

Which young black Americans are you referring to? The ones that have been offered free public education, which may be second rate at times, but still free.... that have access to libraries to further educate themselves on their own but don't, that can watch tv and see and hear how to speak well, like Bill Cosby and Denzel Washington, how to dress well to get a job... and have had opportunities to further themselves for Generations but often just... don't? Poor choices, poor results. Generational stuff; behavior handed down over and over.
Remember the riots in California? When the Koreans and African Americans were upset with each other, when Vietnamese boat people, Cambodians, Laotians, and so on came here, didn't speak the language, worked TOGETHER, and became successful entrepreneurs, supported each other, impressed upon their kids the importance of school and good grades in order to get ahead....there was jealousy of the success by a group of people that have been here for a very long time and NOT used their time well, in general.
America has a lot of opportunities. Sometimes you have to actually Take Advantage of them or Create them! Blacks ostracize other blacks when they "conform" and try to fit in to the everyday society most of Americans live in. Blacks have many challenges here, due to the racism, but a lot of minorities face that as well. I think blacks have been their own greatest enemies to a large extent.
Not everyone can be a sports star, not everyone can be a rapper or pop singer or actor.... its okay to aim high, but have good backup plans and be realistic. If you come to me asking for a job and have your pants halfway down your ass and speak ebonics, you don't have a chance in hell. If you come to me dressed reasonably well and speak well, you have a far better chance. I live in a town with far more Hispanics than blacks and some of them have been working here for years and are great workers. Polite and dress nicely and try to fit in. They are becoming successful. For good reasons. Better attitude, better choices, better results.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 05:25 AM
link   

Wrong.

Even the Left Leaning CBS has reported it.

(AP) WASHINGTON - The number of Mexican immigrants living illegally in the U.S. has dropped significantly for the first time in decades, a dramatic shift as many illegal workers, already in the U.S. and seeing few job opportunities, return to Mexico.

Illegal Mexican immigrant numbers down as more migrate back to Mexico

And Yes, Unemployment for young black Americans is NOT in Obama's Agenda. If it was it would have improved like he said it would. Years ago.....

So this means nothing:

Stand with the President and his plan to put Americans back to work.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by StoutBroux

Wrong.

Even the Left Leaning CBS has reported it.

(AP) WASHINGTON - The number of Mexican immigrants living illegally in the U.S. has dropped significantly for the first time in decades, a dramatic shift as many illegal workers, already in the U.S. and seeing few job opportunities, return to Mexico.

Illegal Mexican immigrant numbers down as more migrate back to Mexico

And Yes, Unemployment for young black Americans is NOT in Obama's Agenda. If it was it would have improved like he said it would. Years ago.....

So this means nothing:

Stand with the President and his plan to put Americans back to work.

His Plan?

What plan?

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarthMuerte

So deport them and let AMERICANS take the jobs.

but, but /insert obligatory response about how americans dont want those jobs

Seriously -I agree with this guy. Want to fix unemployment? Deport all illegal immigrants. First ID them, maybe even snag some DNA (They are criminals and not citizens of this nation) so that we can guarantee they are never allowed to return (legally...) again.

We have too many criminals in this nation as it is - the worst of them being elected every 4 years, so why in the world would we consider legislation that wipes their records clean and gives them free # on our dime for the next millennium?
edit on 23-6-2013 by PrimePorkchop because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Look at it this way.. Most of the undocumented individuals already have access to our system, per help of the government. The costs of deporting and hunting down those who crossed the border "illegally" would be huge, and would not likely benefit the populace in general. On top of that the immigration detention centers are for profit incarceration corporations. To heck with them...

It only makes sense to document those already here, because their not going anywhere anyways. This gives the government knowledge of whose here and who isn't. And of course it will probably pave the way for bio-metric ID's and other intrusive invasions of privacy, but hey, the future is today...

IMO, now that the domestic and global spying paradigm has been unveiled to the public, it's use will only magnify, because it's no longer hidden. So is it better to know whose in the country or just have thousands or hundreds of thousands of individuals here that no one knows about?

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Dianec

Again, it's not a race thing. I understand that a majority of blacks are underprivileged, but with idiotic policies like affirmative action in place, the argument of race being the sole proprietor in the high unemployment rates amongst black Americans begins to fall apart. If a black or Hispanic person is as qualified as a white person, they actually have a better chance of being hired because of their race alone.

So, what's been keeping blacks down? Let's look at poverty and the quality of education coming from prominently black inner city areas. First, poverty. If you can hardly afford to feed and clothe your children, how are you supposed to secure the same opportunities for them as your middle or upper class counterparts? There is an emerging trend amongst middle through upper class families now of grooming children since birth to get them into decent universities. People will blow tens of thousands of dollars per year on some clown ass preschool and kindergarten because they are convinced it makes a difference. How are low class people supposed to enjoy these same luxuries? The education coming out of inner city schools, my second point, is abhorrent to say the least. With Detroit having something of a 50% illiteracy rate, (Link) the question must be raised of whether this has anything to do with race and everything to do with class and education.
visually.visually.netdna-cdn.com...
So, if you're a business owner and you have to choose between an illiterate black kid who dropped out of high school and a white kid who graduated from community college, which would you pick? What about an illiterate white kid who dropped out of high school and a black kid who graduated from community college? You see, all races ride the slave ships of poverty. The black community, especially those living in poverty stricken areas, are not given the same opportunities as middle and upper class people, so how are we to expect them to fill the same positions?

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 08:14 AM
link   
the same trick has been used in europe by the elites .lets open all the flood gates and see what happens .

the same as in the usa locals cannot get jobs .

cannot afford to work for the pay on offer .

a job in the uk in a garage finishing at 10 pm pays less than a packet of 20 ciggs ?.
now take away rent /tax etc
the little village i live in it feels like we have been invaded sometimes

i have nothing against someone coming to work for a while but when the structure of your area changes ??/ schools /housing etc etc it is a no no

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by whyamIhere

Originally posted by beezzer

Republicans and democrats, all are in on the plan.

I really hope you are wrong.

However, that seems like exactly what they are doing.

Didn't they cut back welfare recently?

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by DestroyDestroyDestroy

Sorry but you got it all wrong. It has nothing to do with poor and underprivileged. It's more about drive and desire. And it's about not wanting to learn.

This is a good thread, read my posts- www.abovetopsecret.com... / www.abovetopsecret.com...

On topic; I don't agree with criminals being rewarded. Deport them all and send the bill to the home country.
Many immigrants come here legally and so should they.
edit on 23-6-2013 by kimish because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by WormwoodSquirm

How many of these 33 million illegals will Canada take? I imagine that you will be fine with inundating Canada with millions of illegals, most of them ready to get that universal health care.

The CBO sometimes have not clue what in the hell they are talking about, they contradict themselves most times

The only affected with amnesty are not those in the elite groups is the working class that are the ones paying into the tax services.

Already is prof that amnesty only bring poverty in the nation, along with an increase of welfare and social programs recipients, I guess many forgot what immigration did to the nation in the 80s with amnesty, did the nation got Better?, no for the working class

Amnesty To Include A 50 Percent Increase Of Legal Immigrants If S744 Passes

Not only will 12 to 20 million illegal aliens enjoy new found legality and freedom to roam and work within America if the senate amnesty S744 bill passes; the senators added a whopping 50 percent additional legal immigration number to the bill.

They added those numbers in light of the fact that 47 million Americans exist on food stamps because they cannot secure jobs. Nearly 40 percent of African-Americans cannot secure jobs. Our working poor stand in welfare lines, food kitchens and food banks.

We import over one million legal immigrants annually more than all other countries combined. Our country cannot handle those numbers, but Congress expects to pass yet another amnesty and add even more millions of people to America

I believe that the same government that has sold our nations prosperity to outsourcing is now trying to kill this nation completely, the goal of it? I can not find the reason yet, but one thing is for sure, the traitors in Washington making laws are killing our nation.

www.westernjournalism.com...

Immigration amnesty bill would instantly put millions on welfare And they don't need to work in order to get the benefits just have a pack of kids to feed.

www.naturalnews.com...

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 08:42 AM
link   
I live in a tiny southwest town not too far from the border. My town has always been a mix of white and Hispanics, our first black family was a HUGE novelty. They still are after 20 years, probably because that whole family is very handsome, and after 20 years, they are still our only black family. When I was growing up, there wasn't a huge illegal problem around here. The businesses refused to hire illegals, used to be a GIGANTIC fine for anyone hiring them, by the INS and the city itself, and it was a guarantee someone would turn the business in if they did. Now all I see is illegals here, sending ALL of their money back to Mexico. (I used to work at the store here in town and part of it was Western Union). Every week, without fail, they were sending THOUSANDS back, and keeping only a pittance, because they had 20 people living in the same house. I asked border patrol what they could do about it, they said nothing because their hands are tied! (

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Ranthenae

GIve them a rifle and a flak vest with a large crucifix printed on it and deport them to the middle east.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by kimish
reply to post by Ranthenae

GIve them a rifle and a flak vest with a large crucifix printed on it and deport them to the middle east.
they allready do that its called the military

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by jaxnmarko

Which young black Americans are you referring to?

The kids who mother's are prostitutes and drug addicts mostly.

The ones that have been offered free public education, which may be second rate at times, but still free

Yes, we have Educated them...Now we should finish the job.

Generational stuff; behavior handed down over and over.

No argument there...Who exactly is going to fix it?

When the Koreans and African Americans were upset with each other, when Vietnamese boat people, Cambodians, Laotians, and so on came here, didn't speak the language, worked TOGETHER, and became successful entrepreneurs, supported each other, impressed upon their kids the importance of school and good grades in order to get ahead

I have to say those groups immigrated....Black folks, not so much.

America has a lot of opportunities. Sometimes you have to actually Take Advantage of them or Create them! Blacks ostracize other blacks when they "conform" and try to fit in to the everyday society most of Americans live in. Blacks have many challenges here, due to the racism, but a lot of minorities face that as well. I think blacks have been their own greatest enemies to a large extent.

All good points. However, we are seeing Hispanics that want to keep their own "Culture" here.

We see the Flag of Mexico flying over four High Schools in LA. They flat refuse to pledge allegiance to our Flag. Most are now claiming we stole this land from them. In my town over half the people speak Spanish. I have no ill will to legally immigrating Hispanics.

But to ignore an entire group of young people already here...Is a huge mistake.
edit on 23-6-2013 by whyamIhere because: spelling

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by kimish

Which again ties back into being poor and underprivileged. Your social environment determines your motivations. For example, iPhones become the popular phone, every kid wants an iPhone. Similarly, children raised in a competitive academic environment, say an upper class suburb near MIT or Harvard, will be socially motivated to succeed academically because they will see their peers, likely under pressure from their insatiable parents, striving for the same thing. Children raised in an environment where there is little to no emphasis on education, seeing adults peddle whores and drugs to make a living, seeing social icons glorify the thug life, are not going to be motivated to succeed academically (duh). There is also a great deal of hazing in inner city schools towards kids who stay out of the cliques and try to do well in school.

So it's not just a matter of wanting to learn. I didn't even go into the quality of the education that comes out of inner city schools. Regardless, it's the classic serpent feeding on its own tail. The schools suck, the teachers are terrible, kids come to resent school, they give the teachers a hard time, the teachers are terrible, the schools suck.

The odds are stacked against them.
edit on 23-6-2013 by DestroyDestroyDestroy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by DestroyDestroyDestroy

Did you read my posts? I grew up going to the poorest or second poorest district in the entire state of PA and the graduation rate was above %80. The inner city schools with a majority of black students had better funding and access to more up to date equipment. Everything was there, they just didn't want to learn. They go to school to play sports, get girls and/or peddle drugs.

What's an education when you can buy "something" and make as much money in one day as an educated person makes in a week having a legit job?

I go to a school, and the blacks (males, the women actually want to learn and better themselves, because they're the ones raising the children, alone) there quit as soon as they get their student loan checks. Why is that? It's surely not because they want the education, is it? No, they want quick and easy money. School means nothing. Take that loan check and buy some goods and flip it. Quick and easy money.

The problem is the culture. Plain and simple. Anyone that has been around and isn't blind can see that. It's plain as day. Smh.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Amnesty, importing poverty and raising the burden of the tax payer working class

Nearly half the Latinas in the U.S. get pregnant before age 20.

The U.S. has the highest rate of teen pregnancies in the developed world with about 750,000 pregnancies yearly.

Latino teens and young adults are twice as likely as non-Hispanic blacks and four times more likely than non-Hispanic whites to have dropped out of high school.

More than 35 percent of Latinas who drop out of high school between their sophomore and senior years say it is because of pregnancy.

More than half (54 percent) the Latina teens who have babies do not complete high school, compared to 34 percent of teen moms overall.

The government plans for the future of Americas due to political corruption and agendas, killing America for political profits, I wonder how the welfare system that supposedly is out of control and increasing by the trillions will support millions more of reproducing age teens and young adults with amnesty, when statistics can not be ignorecan somebody tells me how this is going to help the economy? I am the only one doing the math? or the morons in Washington are truly that stupid

Read more: latino.foxnews.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join