It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Amnesty Bill" seals fate of young Black Americans.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+18 more 
posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   
11 Million new workers will be legal to work in this Nation?

We really do not know the number of illegal immigrants. Some put it as high as 20 Million.

I have no problem with people immigrating legally to this Country. If they go through the system.

We like to point at Black people and say. "You need two parents in the home". How?.

With no jobs to sustain a household. It becomes impossible. We are really going to let people sneak into Our Country and reward them with Citizenship? Our Black youth are killing each other. They need jobs to pick themselves up. With jobs for the unskilled being hard to find. We are really going to flood 20 million mostly unskilled workers and reward them for illegally crossing an International Border?

Lots of these kids have already made some mistakes. With all the information available online a kid with a record does not have a chance. It seems we have made the decision to give up on these kids. I am telling you from a Lifetime of working with these kids. It is a mistake to cast them aside. They need mentors, they need jobs and they need some way to get off the street.

I have compassion for the poor immigrant. I really do.

But I expect this "Topic" to go nowhere. These kids have no voice.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Except most of the illegal immigrants are already working....

+18 more 
posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375

So deport them and let AMERICANS take the jobs.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by whyamIhere

I'd have to agree and, it seems, so would the Bureau of Labor Statistics...

(Source: BLS)

There are absolutely segments of society, if not society as a whole that need a whole lot more considering than those coming here illegally. One thing I still haven't heard is what policy is to be on ALL illegal border crossers after the date this amnesty cutoff is established for previous presence inside the US. They aren't going to stop coming of course. Can those future ones at least be deported? Or...do we go through this all over again and again? That's the one big aspect not addressed so far, it seems.

* I checked black women just out of curiosity and am surprised at the numbers and difference/trend they show for years.
Very surprised.

Hope and change doesn't seem to have worked out very well.
edit on 22-6-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   

And, don't you have a problem with that?

They are mostly used for cheap labor by people that are also breaking the law.

I am not without compassion...Just think we should take care of Natural Born Citizens first.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by whyamIhere

And, don't you have a problem with that?

They are mostly used for cheap labor by people that are also breaking the law.

I am not without compassion...Just think we should take care of Natural Born Citizens first.

Absolutely! In the past when ICE would raid a place of employment and deport the illegals, every single job was quickly and easily taken by a legal citizen. Illegals do not only affect black people, but all legal citizens and all immigrants coming through the proper channel. Illegals should not be rewarded for breaking our laws.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Wrong.

Even the Left Leaning CBS has reported it.

(AP) WASHINGTON - The number of Mexican immigrants living illegally in the U.S. has dropped significantly for the first time in decades, a dramatic shift as many illegal workers, already in the U.S. and seeing few job opportunities, return to Mexico.

Illegal Mexican immigrant numbers down as more migrate back to Mexico

And Yes, Unemployment for young black Americans is NOT in Obama's Agenda. If it was it would have improved like he said it would. Years ago.....

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   
If you want to fix the immigration problem, you need to make it so economically unfeasible for the big companies, corporations and so on, to use illegal labor; that they stop. You have to force the people that use the illegal labor to stop using it; otherwise the immigration issue will remain the same.

Frankly until that happens, the immigration issue will stay the same.

Until that time it is just politicians making noise and blowing smoke.

M.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   

It's not just Black American youth that are disenfranchised. All minorities and a lot of white young people have simply fallen thru the cracks and have no future. Poor education, criminal records, drug and alcohol life style, and a system that simply, just doesn't care.

Combine that with a private "for profit" system of jails and detention and what do you think the future holds?

edit on 22-6-2013 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

I am not blaming President Obama for illegal immigrants.

However, as you point out. He has done nothing for Black America.

We should only elect People interested in protecting America.

This is an obvious ploy to wrap up the Hispanic Vote.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by whyamIhere
reply to post by sonnny1

I am not blaming President Obama for illegal immigrants.

However, as you point out. He has done nothing for Black America.

We should only elect People interested in protecting America.

This is an obvious ploy to wrap up the Hispanic Vote.

Obamas role in NOT doing anything for Young Black Americans is a sore spot for me. 93 % of African Americans voted for Obama. Why was that? Because they believed he would change the going trend of past Presidents who have forgotten the Black Community. Unfortunately he has turned out to be the same kind of President that has come before him.

Start with the overall unemployment rate for the category "Black or African-American" in Table A-2 of the "Employment Situation Survey" that is published at 8:30 in the morning on the first Friday of every month. May's Table A-2 reports a black unemployment rate for April of 13.2 percent. Astoundingly, that is slightly higher than the seasonally adjusted rate a year ago. For April 2012, the rate was officially 13.1 percent.

There is no breakdown for 16-24 year olds, but there is one for 16-19 year old African-Americans, kids who obviously have no college degrees of any kind. Their official unemployment rate is -- I'm not making this up -- 40.8 percent. By comparison the so-called white rate for 16-19 year-olds is officially 21.8 percent.

How High Is African-American Unemployment and Is It Going Down?

As you can see nothing is Better for Black America, and shall I say for America in General. No work programs that are putting ANYONE to work. But as we can see, Obama has no problem pushing the illegal Agenda.

And yes, we need someone that really wants to "change" what has become an epidemic. Inner city folks who NEED Jobs.......... Americans who need Jobs.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Thanks to you and Wabbit2000 for the Statistics that are unbelievable.

40.8% how can any group of people prosper with these kind of numbers?

Again, Black America is being used only for Political Expedience.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Republicans and democrats, all are in on the plan.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Quiet Bunny.......

No need to rock the boat.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarthMuerte

A lot of these jobs Americans won't accept. Many companies want to pay slave wages and Americans want a good paying job.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010

A lot of these jobs Americans won't accept. Many companies want to pay slave wages and Americans want a good paying job.

Wouldn't be a good idea to encourage Business Owners to hire these kids?

You have a good point. Like another poster says "When an ICE raid occurs, Jobs are quickly filled by Americans". At least until the illegal worker manages to get back over the Border.

I am not for many new laws. But, I could support some tax breaks for hiring these youths.

We should really take care of our own first. I know that sounds harsh. But we are at that point.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Republicans and democrats, all are in on the plan.

I really hope you are wrong.

However, that seems like exactly what they are doing.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   

NOT TRUE! The last place I worked paid well over minumum wage and we had illegals there. The illegals wern't paid as much as legal people, but were still above minumum wage. Tons of legal people wanted to work there. In my earlier post I pointed out that when ICE raided places and deported the illegals, every single one of those positions were then taken by legal citizens. It is a myth that illegals only do jobs that citizens won't!

Do you think that millions of illegals are just picking crops at farms? They have infiltrated many areas in the work force. Ask anyone who used to work in construction or roofing or many other formerly good paying jobs. Illegals have driven wages way down.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   

So your answer is to go ahead and import those slaves instead of putting Americans to work? That is not a good answer.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 05:12 PM
link   
One of the biggest problem with amnesty is the ASSUMPTION that illegals want it in the first place.

Looking at their track record they don't take citizenship to seriously in the first place they cut, and run to somewhere 'better' when it gets 'tough'.

And yeah it is like that.
edit on 22-6-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join