"Amnesty Bill" seals fate of young Black Americans.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by whyamIhere

Originally posted by buster2010

Originally posted by DarthMuerte

Originally posted by Ghost375
Except most of the illegal immigrants are already working....

So deport them and let AMERICANS take the jobs.

A lot of these jobs Americans won't accept. Many companies want to pay slave wages and Americans want a good paying job.

Wouldn't be a good idea to encourage Business Owners to hire these kids?

You have a good point. Like another poster says "When an ICE raid occurs, Jobs are quickly filled by Americans". At least until the illegal worker manages to get back over the Border.

I am not for many new laws. But, I could support some tax breaks for hiring these youths.

We should really take care of our own first. I know that sounds harsh. But we are at that point.

The problem is the owners in the first place. They are the ones that let Americans go so they can hire someone at a cheaper rate. If you want to stop the owners from hiring illegals then start putting them in jail when the are caught hiring illegals. The government gives out enough corporate welfare no tax breaks should be given to anyone just to hire someone.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Night Star

A lot of these jobs Americans won't accept. Many companies want to pay slave wages and Americans want a good paying job.

NOT TRUE! The last place I worked paid well over minumum wage and we had illegals there. The illegals wern't paid as much as legal people, but were still above minumum wage. Tons of legal people wanted to work there. In my earlier post I pointed out that when ICE raided places and deported the illegals, every single one of those positions were then taken by legal citizens. It is a myth that illegals only do jobs that citizens won't!

Do you think that millions of illegals are just picking crops at farms? They have infiltrated many areas in the work force. Ask anyone who used to work in construction or roofing or many other formerly good paying jobs. Illegals have driven wages way down.

Hate to say it but all of America isn't like your town. Illegals haven't driven any wages down the greedy owners do that. People that hire illegals tell them how much they will pay not how much you want.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
One of the biggest problem with amnesty is the ASSUMPTION that illegals want it in the first place.

Looking at their track record they don't take citizenship to seriously in the first place they cut, and run to somewhere 'better' when it gets 'tough'.

And yeah it is like that.

Sadly, seems you are right....

About 5.4 million Mexican immigrants are eligible to become U.S. citizens but 2/3 have not done so.

Two Thirds of Legal Mexican Immigrants Don't Apply for Citizenship

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Your argument is extremely important yet it appears this is moving forward in spite of the disaster it will create. Something tells me Obama is being driven by some other force entirely with this (given he is half black). I know he is just a talking head in the end but he could get some guts and speak out against it.

Not enough time has passed generationally speaking between slavery, segregation, and total freedom. Segregation was outlawed right about the time I was born, and more work and time is needed to take care of those who already reside in this country before opening it up to more.

So there is chronic unemployed in the US. We ship jobs oversees and there seems to be no hope for reversing this. The economy sucks. Oh yes....perfect time to change laws to give even more people equal opportunity toward the pursuit of happiness and a piece of America's abundance.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 06:13 PM
link   
It's probably a trick and that's why the immigrants haven't applied for citizenship. If I was illegal I wouldn't say "yo, here I am, what ya got for me?" because they know what they have for them. They have a quick ride back to the desert.

Let me ask you all something. If you were Mexican and looked outside your home and there were decapitated bodies all over from Zetas / Cartel killings and gangs run the streets openly. It is 120 degrees outside and unless you get some water you will die. I don't think I would stick around that shirthole either.

When you look at this from say a UFO flying above perspective, you can see that the States are arrogant to the rest of the world with their "I was here first" BS. This is one planet and yet the US tries to lock and pin up the Mexicans behind multiple fences in a boiling desert frothing with killings. Look at the fences for god sake and the militia dudes who shoot them etc.

How come there aren't 700 fences between US and Canada? Most likely because Canadians and Americans appear nearly identical until they open their mouths and say "eh" or "y'all".

Mexicans have it bad people, real bad right now. If I lived there I would cross every god dang day to get the hell out of there who cares what you think.

This is one world one planet for god sakes. There is no reason to treat Mexicans like crap just because they want to get away from the violence and stop being boiled to near death every day. I've met lots of Mexicans in the Midwest where I am from. I had no problem with them although I did talk to a cop in town once who was telling me about them and said, "they will just kill you and leave". What the heck kind of thought process is that?

Each morning I would get up for coffee real early and see a whole van-load of most likely illegals load up for work at like 6 am and they wouldn't get home till after dark every single day. They were mowing lawns and doing garbage type work that most Americans want no part of but they would come home to a relatively crime free life. They would smile after work and enjoy their cooler days and evenings as compared to being cooked back home. Avoiding murders and getting out of the desert plus the opportunity to earn a wage even if small to feed your family is not much to ask for as a human being. Americans would do better not being so damn stingy.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   
he owners.....the workers....no the illegals.....no the free ride that too many who do so little towards productivity, and put such a drag on the rest of us......
Like say hospital jobs,last i looked these people never walk faster than a crawl, never talk faster than a drawl, and never seem to get businesslike about running patients through the routines....
Egad, if i was soooo relaxed at work id be fired.
yet the hospitals stumble on at their own slack pace, while drawing down top salaries too.....
Waiting for treatments or things like MRIs would only take less than half as long if they ran anight shift too....but nobody wants to do this stuff on swing shift much....
Medical equipment we payed millions for sits idle half the whole 24 hrs or more.....
Soo much waste....so much stupidity.....
Look at the tax returns for the illegals in Atlanta (nother whole thread) they scammed 48 million off the IRS
and other scored heavy too....
Why should we have to pay these shortfalls?
take to dough out of the workers paychecks...including the supervisory staff.....
now im chewing my cheek......
So much money chucked away on rap while Americans suffer the consequences of spendthrift goverment

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Yeah right, maybe for ten times the wages and benefits. And we know people are not going to pay $10 for an orange to cover that.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 07:29 PM
link   

In criminal gangs. Tearing apart neighborhoods and intimidating legal Americans.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder

In criminal gangs. Tearing apart neighborhoods and intimidating legal Americans.

Or in restaurants. Quietly sustaining communities and feeding legal Americans, everywhere.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by whyamIhere

Wouldn't be a good idea to encourage Business Owners to hire these kids?

You have a good point. Like another poster says "When an ICE raid occurs, Jobs are quickly filled by Americans". At least until the illegal worker manages to get back over the Border.

I am not for many new laws. But, I could support some tax breaks for hiring these youths.

We should really take care of our own first. I know that sounds harsh. But we are at that point.

the problem is lack of jobs.
Obama and the Dems have regulated and taxed businesses to death to the point that it's almost impossible to start and operat a small business, and hard to expand a current one. Obamacare may be the straw that broke the camel's back of job growth.
just allowing Keystone would create tons of (good, high-paying) jobs, but he won't do it because he'd rather reward his environmentalist supporters than help middle America (and those evil petroleum companies).
it's not as if white America were getting rich. everyone is struggling in this economy, except the usual very rich (who make out no matter what happens),and maybe gummint employees (IRS bonuses!!)
Obama and the dems talk alout about abstract 'poor' and 'working families' etc but in reality they have no idea how real Americans live, and don't care. They produce sound bites the idiots in the MSM slavishly promote so's they'll keep getting elected.
and the sheeple in places like Detroit and California keep voting Democrat and maintaining the poverty cycle.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 09:24 PM
link   
We did this already with the Reagan Amnesty.
After that they said no more.
"Won't happen again, we'll shore up our borders".
Did they think we'd just forget about the 15 million they already changed the law for and allowed to become citizens without going through the immigration process?
In the end we're talking roughly 35 million if this new bill goes through.
That's 10% of the entire population who broke the law and then got rewarded for it.
People who work dirt cheap to keep making the 1% just a little richer at everyone else's expense.
Thanks Congress.
Don't sell us out again.

Absolutely this bill will have a huge negative impact on the Black community.
edit on 22-6-2013 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 09:38 PM
link   

So your answer is to go ahead and import those slaves instead of putting Americans to work? That is not a good answer.

When did I say import anyone? The employers are creating the environment that brings the illegals here if you want to complain about anything complain about them. It looks like you think it's ok to pay people slave wages no wonder so many jobs left this country.
edit on 22-6-2013 by buster2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals

Absolutely this bill will have a huge negative impact on the Black community.

Not only that, it will have an Impact on EVERY American.

BTW,

The Senate immigration bill will be a major boost to the federal budget but does relatively little to clamp down on illegal immigration — cutting the future flow by only about 25 percent — according to the Congressional Budget Office analysis of the bill, released Tuesday afternoon.

CBO: Immigration bill only stops 25 percent of illegal immigration

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by whyamIhere

I have not sympathy neither compassion as a tax payer and legal citizen the "33 million" illegal in the country once they find themselves as citizens the majority will start getting into the welfare and give away train, because illegal immigration is nothing but importing poverty in the nation.

So if people think that in the last 4 years the welfare system has grown incredibly, wait when the amnesty bill is passed and you have millions more getting into the system and qualifying.

I guess some forget that in America is more people in welfare and social programs that they are within the hard working class contributing to the tax revenue system.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Why do you make this about race? Race is not exclusive to crime or unemployment, that's more of a class issue. White, black, yellow, none of it matters. What's interesting, however, is that giving illegal immigrants citizenship will result in having to legally pay them fair wages, meaning they are going to be just as s*** out of luck when it comes to finding employment as most other people with the same educational background.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 12:23 AM
link   

JUICING THE SYSTEM every step.. they have multiple last names due to culture. I worker const in socal in 2003-05...had many friends mexican migrant const.

the wife uses dif last name and gets all kinds of bennies, EBT, Housing assistance, medical, schooling, and a one time cash out to buy a car $3000.. now mods authorized up to $4500 if they can't find a suitable "safe" one for the 3k... wonder how often that happens..lol

Thats how the mexican workers on the site had money for roach coach twice a day ($15), more kids to feed than us on avg, got paid a couple dollars less than us,, we got 14, they got 12.. before 2003 we were getting paid 22-38 hr.. coincedence the pay dropped right around all the "help" arrived?

Not HATIN'.............JUST SAYIN'.........If I could hop over to Canada with my kin in tow, live in nicer neighborhood, better schools, many times higher pay, etc.. I woulda been there.. But the canadian companies arent looking south to recruit factory workers like USA does/did.. darn IT!!

Id LOVE to go back and live in Victoria, BC

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Yesterday we finally received an analysis from the Congressional Budget Office on the economic impacts of immigration reform legislation. While the CBO estimates that current immigration reform legislation will reduce the federal deficit by about $175 billion over the first ten years, there is already push-back that the CBO is using “fuzzy math” similar to what they used to obfuscate the true cost of ObamaCare. Other analysis like the one done by the Heritage Foundation came to the exact opposite conclusion that the bill would add $6.3 trillion to the deficit over the next 20 years. The CBO also apparently found that the immigration bill would expand ObamaCare. Great, more people dependent on big government. Other parts of the analysis found that it would lead to a drop in American wages and would lead to an influx of low-skill rather than high-skill workers. Then we have the fact that the legislation essentially allows the flow of new illegal immigrants to continue at a rate equal to 75% of the current rate of illegal immigration. In other words, it doesn't stop the very first problem which is the flow of illegal immigrants into this country. Before you fix a leaky faucet, you have to turn off the water supply. It's that simple.

This amnesty would cost us trillions.
www.hannity.com...

edit on 23-6-2013 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by WormwoodSquirm

Americans would do better not being so damn stingy

Stingy??? It has cost us millions of dollars to educate the children of illegals, millions in medical cost, welfare etc.

We have been far too generous for too long. We have learned how they scam the system and of their deciet and how they are catered to on many levels. We also have American citizens who are continuing to fall through the cracks, who have to choose between life saving medicines or food. We have tent ciities all over the place, even in the colder climates. We have people who live in dangerous neighborhoods and get shot right here in America, but they can't afford to move anywhere else.

There are poor and suffering people all over the world and it would be wonderful if America could be their savior and solve all their problems, but the fact is....we are broke and it is impossible for any one country to take on such a burdonsome task.

I'm not denying the fact that many people in Mexico are in dangerous situations and it is very sad and infuriating, but the illegals that many of us have gotten to know over the years come here to make enough money so they can return and be well off in their own country. They have no desire whatsoever to become a citizen here. They were not living in dangerous areas. They were not poor as it cost a lot for stolen identities and fraudulant papers.

We have also had the criminal illegals come here and thousands of our citizens have lost their lives because of it. The pedophiles, theives and murderers can waltz over the border just as easily as anyone else. These people have no health or background checks. We need our immigration laws enforced.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 02:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

I agree with almost all of the sentiment here.

One should ask - besides the "undocumented democrats" to vote - the Cloward and Piven act that anyone who has a brain can see being enacted -

Why not destabilize america? along with the middle east? Most people will agree that the US gov't has been funding (and profitting) from the violent drug cartels in Mexico -

Very poor people fighting over the very few part-time jobs (due to obozocare) and the shrinking welfare payouts - who is going to start stealing, and fighting for food?

The very poor - just like in the middle east - destabilize the US with millions (if not billions) of desperate illegal immigrants - and they're not just mexicans.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by DestroyDestroyDestroy
Why do you make this about race? Race is not exclusive to crime or unemployment, that's more of a class issue. White, black, yellow, none of it matters. What's interesting, however, is that giving illegal immigrants citizenship will result in having to legally pay them fair wages, meaning they are going to be just as s*** out of luck when it comes to finding employment as most other people with the same educational background.

I think the OP was about race because blacks are still the first to be let go and the last to be hired in many cases as evidenced by stats (just goggle it - it's evident). They are within the minority so don't need more minority to add to this problem. I'm not black so no influence about this from that - just from consistent findings that blacks are more likely to be oppressed. We need to take care of our own as bad as that sounds. I wish the world could all share too but this is not the time to begin implementing these idealist motives. They would need to do other things to make this work like bringing jobs back to our soil, and making conditions right so that people don't have to work for 10 or more an hour. To do this and not consider other variables is irresponsible.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join