It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Amnesty Bill" seals fate of young Black Americans.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 07:13 AM
link   
I think the major difference, is that those entering the country, have a "work ethic" those who had the easy route handed to them by EOE (where race determined merit), believe we owe them something, immigrants just want to work. A mexican worker will show up every day for work and even work on weekends, because they want to work and make money not only to send home, but also to better their lives.

What we now have in this country is a majority who are black, that never had to play in a game where "merit" and "brains" were a determining factor for upward mobility. Instead, they believe being illiterate, knocked up and milking the welfare system and living in public housing is a much better life, that requires little imagination, little ambition, and no real moral values.

Sorry, but I do not feel obligated as an American for the blacks who continue to feed off of their "abuse" when ancestors were in fact slaves. It is about time we eliminate the dual standards in this country where preferential treatment is provided one racial group, as to jobs or education. Adios Amigos. John

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Faust100f
I think the major difference, is that those entering the country, have a "work ethic" those who had the easy route handed to them by EOE (where race determined merit), believe we owe them something, immigrants just want to work. A mexican worker will show up every day for work and even work on weekends, because they want to work and make money not only to send home, but also to better their lives.

What we now have in this country is a majority who are black, that never had to play in a game where "merit" and "brains" were a determining factor for upward mobility. Instead, they believe being illiterate, knocked up and milking the welfare system and living in public housing is a much better life, that requires little imagination, little ambition, and no real moral values.

Sorry, but I do not feel obligated as an American for the blacks who continue to feed off of their "abuse" when ancestors were in fact slaves. It is about time we eliminate the dual standards in this country where preferential treatment is provided one racial group, as to jobs or education. Adios Amigos. John

I have worked with illegals and I have worked with black people and they are no different. Some will work their butts off and some won't. People are people. I'm sick of the illegals are better than anyone else attitude.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Can you imagine the price of a tomato, watermelon, or virtually any other produce if we really cracked down on illegal immigrants?

articles.orlandosentinel.com...

As for the tax argument, they may not pay tax on their wages, but they pay every other tax we do.

Living in a rural and farming area, has kind of made me re-evaluate my stance on the matter. I used to be one of the "put up a wall with machine guns" crowd. However, the economic reality is that doing so would further collapse our economy in ways you couldn't even imagine. There are so many industries that rely on this cheap (and yes illegal) labor, and without it, you'd see prices rise in everything from grocery stores, hotels, restaurants, construction, etc.

I think that's why politicians are so loathe to do anything about it. They realize it is a necessary evil, with no replacement solution available. So, easier to turn a blind eye.

edit on 26-6-2013 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

A neccesary evil that leaves millions of our citizens struggling to feed their families, more on welfare, more in tent cities. I doubt those people care about the price of tomatoes. We have people who have to choose between life saving meds or food. Is this the America we have become? It doesn't take millions of illegals to pick crops. There is a legal way to have these crop pickers.

I would share something I wrote as a reply to another thread, but I'm on my way out right now. Companies are going to be able to save thousands by hiring amnestied people and not citizens and if they do hire citizens it will be part time. I'll get the link later.Love ya Gazrok, but I have to disagree.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Here it is: SENATE AMNESTY BILL INCENTIVIZES EMPLOYERS TO FIRE AMERICANS AND HIRE AMNESTIED IMMIGRANTS

Under the Gang of 8’s backroom immigration deal with Senators Schumer, Corker and Hoeven, formerly illegal immigrants who are amnestied will be eligible to work, but will not be eligible for ObamaCare. Employers who would be required to pay as much as a $3,000 penalty for most employees who receive an ObamaCare healthcare “exchange” subsidy, would not have to pay the penalty if they hire amnestied immigrants

If the immigration bill becomes law, many employers could receive incentives of hundreds of thousands of dollars to hire amnestied immigrants over American citizens. In addition, these newly legalized immigrants could work “full-time,” an advantage for companies and businesses as well, while employers could lay off or diminish to “part-time” status, American workers.

You can easily get legal crop pickers, we don't need 'millions' of illegals to become legal in order to get the job done!

Good luck to our millions of unemployed people if this amnesty goes through.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by tmeister182

well said. Never thought of that one. But true.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by dogstar23

Explain to me how i could make money by shutting my job down. There is only 3 of us and the owner. If i was to turn him in i would be fired for sure. But who can i talk to. And is there a reward for turning people like him in.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I wrote this awhile back.

I feel letting millions of mostly unskilled people in to the Country.

We will hurt the Black Community the most.

I wish we had enough jobs for everyone....We don't.

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

This whole thing is nothing more than a labor cost issue. Wages in China and India are rising, albiet slowly, and at some point it will become more cost effective to have slaves here than over there. So they will start building sweatshops in the US and employ those very same illegals to work in them.

The second reason is that we have a dropping standard of living and there is pretty much no way to bring it back up without raising taxes on the elites to pay for more education and infrastructure. So they want to convert the social order of the US, which used to include a middle class, into the social order of the latin countries: A ruling class and a vast impoverished and desperate underclass. They like the Mexico model. The problem is that American citizens just wont bow down to what kind of arrangement they want as easily and quickly as they would like, so they intend to supplant us with a culture friendlier to their ultimate agenda, which is feudalism. They dont want a return to any kind of democracy or social justice like we had before, they want a feudal oligarchy. And the people who they are importing to be the new workforce are used to just that kind of social order.
edit on 7-12-2014 by openminded2011 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join