It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sky News: Author Says UFO Threat 'Serious'

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by JayinAR
reply to post by Phage

Well there ya go, man.

My first of those was in '96 when I saw a giant freaking triangle fly over my head at a low altitude

Here I am today.

I try and follow the evidence, but at times the desire to believe clouds the judgement of evidence.

All I can do is my best.

Happy hunting.

I saw a giant triangle fly over my head and felt it too. That was 30 years ago in a place called Moreton Bay in Qld Australia. That still does not prove that it was from out of space .all it proves is that I saw it . Can I explain it? Of corse in great detail as it was a significant thing that happened to me. Was it an alien space craft? I don't believe it was. But at the time it was a ufo. Today the same thing is so common it is boring.

So still, no evidence no matter how much all the ufo nutjobs twist things to better their own agenda.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 11:33 AM
link   
When we look at the history of the UFO phenomena we can see how it has been socially created over time. A big part of the evidence that leads to a Man made myth is how it continues to evolve and gain complexity. That complexity is not because we understand them better it is because we have been evolving the whole UFO phenomena for 70 years and our imagination makes it better and better as society feeds on each other in the expansion of the story line.

When we even look at pictures we get a visual of what I'm talking about. I tried to maintain a common look in the pictures, but man do they make a lot of different UFOs. It is like every UFO is uniquely built...I guess they never hear of Henry Ford and the assembly line...

Early pictures are crude saucers like at the start of all this in the UFO infancy stage.

As the story line evolved so has UFOs. A few decades later and they start to look better. One might suggest cameras were better but then one would think the UFOs would be about the same but just better pictures. In this case the UFOs are better...

We couldn't stop there so we added bling too in the form of lights antennas etc

Even with this the biggest evidence is the fact that after 6000 years of modern communication we are still at the picture/witness stage of all this. So far every form of "evidence" is still Man made..... Really makes on wonder doesn't it?

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by BO XIAN
reply to post by magma

Nonsense.

Ockham's Razor does support the existence of UFO's far more than folks typically appealing to it in behalf of disbelief seem to be able to wrap their minds around.

GIVEN the massive amount of quality information from literally thousands of QUALITY SOURCES

it is MORE ABSURD to DENY their existence.

Now as to WHAT they are and WHAT they are up to is a different set of issues.

However, that they exist is no longer an issue for folks typically used to dealing with the realities most of us have to face day by day.

Only the willfully blind insist that there's no wind blowing the leaves around merely because they fail to be able to capture a crystal sharp image of the wind.

The wind blowing the leaves is the simplest, most likely, most accurate explanation regardless of the absence of crystal clear photos of moving air.

You know that if someone had proof it would be world news.

Yet to see it.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

What do you really think those pictures tell you, the development of ET transport, or the (almost) maturing of thinking what such transport may be, from a thrown hat to something tangling off a telephone line, to a homemade contraption with flashing lights?

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by magma

First of all, I didn't claim it came from space, did I?

Secondly, I take great offense to the term nut job. You need to check yourself and explain your faulty reasoning you have been called on by numerous people here.

Thanks in advance.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 11:51 AM
link   

I can think of at least three reasons off the top of my head within the extraterrestrial hypothesis that explains why this is so.
So, your point is invalid.

1. Their technology gets better. Just like ours.
2. They send multiple models.
3. There are multiple species. Each with their own unique tech.

Cool pictures though.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   

reply to post by magma

First of all, I didn't claim it came from space, did I?

Secondly, I take great offense to the term nut job. You need to check yourself and explain your faulty reasoning you have been called on by numerous people here.

Thanks in advance.

Why take offence? Unless of course the cap fits.

Once again comprehension and facts become misconstrued

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 11:54 AM
link   

I can think of at least three reasons off the top of my head within the extraterrestrial hypothesis that explains why this is so.
So, your point is invalid.

1. Their technology gets better. Just like ours.
2. They send multiple models.
3. There are multiple species. Each with their own unique tech.

Cool pictures though.

With comments like this, I rest my case.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by magma

Because some folks enjoy ATS as a place to discuss these issues with civility as the t and c demand of its membership.

I do not take well to name calling. Try some damn respect. I have afforded you nothing less.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   

reply to post by magma

Because some folks enjoy ATS as a place to discuss these issues with civility as the t and c demand of its membership.

I do not take well to name calling. Try some damn respect. I have afforded you nothing less.

Your being paranoid. If you read what I wrote it was not directed at you personally. At all. It was a generalisation.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueBrit

Really? So only as silly as some of the rot we are supposed to believe based on nothing but the prattle of some hippy medatation practitioner who believes he is in contact with aliens? Are you serious?

Who said one needs to believe such likely demonized, at least demonically influenced folks as that?

This organization does quality work with quality results:

ufoevidence.org...

UFO EVIDENCE: SCIENTIFIC STUDY OF THE UFO PHENOMENON AND THE SEARCH FOR EXTRATERRESTRIAL LIFE

Physical Trace Cases

Physical trace reports were labeled Close Encounters of the Second Kind (CE-II) by J.Allen Hynek and involve instances where there was a physical interaction between the UFO and its environment. Usually these involve a landing trace, such as depressed grass or soil, but also burned or broken vegetation, residues, and more exotic traces. There are at least somewhere between 3,500 and 5,000 UFO physical trace cases.

It is nothing like that what so ever. For a start there will be some form of physical evidence of that occurance, and one could set a private investigator to aquire proof of such things. You havent thought this arguement through very well.

SEE ABOVE.

One does not ignore the information which is available on any given topic. However, one should reserve ones judgement until such a time as a properly solid conclusion can be come to, and without such solidity as you refer to, no conclusion can be achieved, merely a continuation of the mystery. Given that your example actually contained reference to the sorts of evidence which are entirely lacking in all known cases of interest, the arguement you are making falls flat upon its fundament on this point.

I disagree. Some conclusions can be reached:

1. The oligarchy is in cahoots with a very powerful, very manipulative, very evil bunch of entities.. . . as scientist Jacques Vallee asserts--evil critters from an evil DIMENSION.

2. They have wholesale altered the values, memes, definitions, goals, . . . the daily realities and cultures . . . of virtually all the cultures on the planet--and not toward robust wonderfulness.

3. They DO fit like a hand-in-glove with the Biblical and other prophecies about an END TIMES ERA global government of tyrannical evil proportions, methods and goals.

There are some other conclusions that are rational and based on thousands of well documented cases and factors but I'll stop there.

Murderers should only be convicted on solid evidence, which amounts to proof, a chain of evidence which connects them to the scene, the body, the weapon used, and every moment inbetween. That is the standard which is supposed to be applied. That it is rarely done correctly, is not acceptable, or a support for your argument.

There's plenty of that sort of evidence in the field of solid UFO study. The above organization is merely one source.

And upon what precisely, do you base this faith, this lack of doubt? This is precisely why actual evidence trumps the word of human beings. If you take a person at thier word without measuring that word against evidence, then you leave yourself open to falsehood and are asking to be misdirected.

Your [color=CC9966]assumptions are showing . . . again.

1. I did measure what he said against my 45+ years of study of the topic.
2. My thousands of hours of interviewing counselees as a PhD in clinical psychology left me with SOME skills for discerning lying vs truth-telling. My profession depended on it. The well-being and betterment of my clients depended on such discernment and skills. Those skills served both sides well.

Character limit truncated your post. Enough for now.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by magma

The implication couldn't possibly be more clear. You were responding to my remarks. My intellectual property. And saying people who think like this were nutjobs.

At any rate, I take it you are not going to clarify your remarks. So I will chalk it up to someone talking out their ass and leave it be.

Good day.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

There are plenty of solidly objective research efforts into the topic.

Here's one org good at it:

ufoevidence.org...

Physical Trace Cases

Physical trace reports were labeled Close Encounters of the Second Kind (CE-II) by J.Allen Hynek and involve instances where there was a physical interaction between the UFO and its environment. Usually these involve a landing trace, such as depressed grass or soil, but also burned or broken vegetation, residues, and more exotic traces. There are at least somewhere between 3,500 and 5,000 UFO physical trace cases.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   

reply to post by magma

The implication couldn't possibly be more clear. You were responding to my remarks. My intellectual property. And saying people who think like this were nutjobs.

At any rate, I take it you are not going to clarify your remarks. So I will chalk it up to someone talking out their ass and leave it be.

Good day.

Like I said if the cap fits.

Clearly your passionate about your beliefs and I respect that. Read whatever you like into what I said. That's why I like ats because of the diversity of members beliefs.

And we all learn something along the way.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by magma

What is soooooooooooooooooooo

difficult about realizing that

the powers that be--including the critters . . .

have SUCCESSFULLY

[color=lightblue]held the phenomenon on a razor's edge for more than 6 DECADES
!

1. They have manipulated the OLD ORDER almost into oblivion and powerfully conditioned much of the populace to eagerly await the tyrannical, blood thirsty NWO.

2. They have cast the critters as "space-brothers/space-saviors . . . WHETHER some purported "races" are the good-cops and some the bad-cops or all are cast as warm and fuzzy saviors in toto.

3. They have flushed the Judeo-Christian culture, values, truths down the toilet successfully--wholesale--for the majority of the Western populace.

4. They have removed the notions of objective truth from the public square and the public discourse.

5. Through countless media, movies, games, blather, they have the whole world sitting on the edge of it's seat INCREASINGLY DESPERATELY EAGER for

drum roll . . . [color=6699FF]the ET "SAVIORS" to swoop in and save us from ourselves

6. They have successfully cast--in scientist Jacques Vallee's terms--evil demonic spiritual entities from an evil spiritual DIMENSION as "scientific" "citizens of distant planets" WITHOUT A SHRED of provable evidence in a way that a majority of the world's populace believes them to be just that--wonderful savior critters coming from such as Alpha Centauri to save us from ourselves.

7. They have successfully kept the whole phenomenon on the razor's edge of proven/disproven in a VERY POWERFULLY FUNCTIONAL WAY that tweaks up the Neuro-Linguistic Programming dynamic of causing the populace to INCREASINGLY DESPERATELY . . . almost obsessively

YEARN

for the SAVIORS FROM SPACE to save us from ourselves and from the disliked Almighty God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.

NO small feat that.

edit on 22/6/2013 by BO XIAN because: trying to get tags to work

edit on 22/6/2013 by BO XIAN because: typo

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

I am a certified atheist.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by magma

Wellllllll, you may or may not know that the coming NWO has no place for such an orientation regardless of how much energy they have put into shoving folks into that religion of atheism.

The UFO critters worship satan and are engineering the NWO to force all the world's citizens to do the same . . . just as was predicted for our era 2,000 years ago.

Disbelief in facts doesn't alter the facts a shred.

Skynews is correct, the critters et al are a serious threat to life and to freedom.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

Could you source your claim about Vallee please?

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   

reply to post by magma

Wellllllll, you may or may not know that the coming NWO has no place for such an orientation regardless of how much energy they have put into shoving folks into that religion of atheism.

The UFO critters worship satan and are engineering the NWO to force all the world's citizens to do the same . . . just as was predicted for our era 2,000 years ago.

Skynews is correct, the critters et al are a serious threat to life and to freedom.

Appreciate the heads up on that.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   

reply to post by magma

Your belief in your opinion doesn't actually make it a fact, you do know that don't you? As so many people ask, and so many people go unacknowledged, would you care to back any of this up with anything other than your opinion and the opinions of those that you cling to because it fits in with your own personal bias?

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join