It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sky News: Author Says UFO Threat 'Serious'

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 03:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by JayinAR
The Hills may be liars. Or delusional.

edit on 6/22/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

Phage may be a liar. Hey may also be delusional. There, how's that? I have just as much evidence for these accusations as you do for yours.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by magma

Originally posted by Unity_99
UFOs and ET is very real, no matter how many people say, he is just misusing the term UFO. It means, from off planet, and ETs come from many realms, corporal and dimensional.

And you have overwhelming evidence to prove it?

With respect

I know what i saw.......i dont need to hear the arguments.....
Theres more to this than we can imagine......im thinkin that meeting aliens is a matter of personal choice now.......
You may say you are glad to shake any aliens hand that shows up for dinner....but i think the situation would knock you out or at least give you a mental crisis.......personal confirmation caves your whole world in.....
it sure did it to me......(not that i met" an alien, but i did see their craft....and i saw it descend from space and fly in the atmosphere.....
I proably could have gotten a ride too, but i freaked out and they left......
true story

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 04:45 AM
link   
reply to post by stirling

I am sure you believe that.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 06:01 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

imho,

DEMANDS for "proof" of such things are weary-ingly silly.

It's a bit like demanding of your boss proof that he's been having an affair with your wife. It's extremely unlikely to be delivered--particularly in a helpful, timely way.

That does NOT, however, mean that your boss has NOT been having an affair with your wife. There was that tell-tale number left on her cell phone. And that curious item on her credit card of her mystifying stay at Holiday Inn Express. And there was that fuzzy, distant image of her embracing that some somewhat familiar looking male that the bosses secretary emailed you. And what was that familiar after shave smell when she dropped by after lunch just after your boss also returned from lunch.

It's foolish to ignore a multiplicity of quality sources and quality information merely because SOLID, IRREFUTABLE "proof" has not been delivered on a gold tray with an inch thick pile of notorized documents verifying every particle of proof.

Murderers are convicted on far less proof.

Some folks read the handwriting on the walls and learn from the information.

Some folks never do.

I have met Timothy Good face to face a number of times and asked him all the questions I could think of at the time. His answers have always been internally consistent; congruent; reasonably candid; carefully worded and per my psychologists' training and experience--quite honest--as far as he went.

I do think he may well be somewhat complicit--whether knowingly or not--in supporting the globalist oligarchy's meme that the critters are citizens of distant orbs vs fallen angels.

It is refreshing that he at least is not heralding the New Age notion that they are all our benign space brothers/saviors here to save us from ourselves.

I have absolutely no doubt that his well placed quality high officials types of connections to his sources are as he describes them. I have absolutely no doubt that what he relates from them has been told to him as factual information as the sources knew and believed the information to be factual.

I enjoy his British persona. Yet, he is also quite warmly friendly and personable--easily approachable and easy to have a genuine dialogue with. He was thoughtful and authentic in all my contacts with him.

He doesn't exactly suffer fools gladly but he's restrained in his responses with typical reserved British wit compared to Stanton Friedman's scathing shredding of the fools' positions and assertions.

edit on 22/6/2013 by BO XIAN because: an addition

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 06:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Well Phage, that's a first for me on ATS reading about something you can't explain
Hope you enjoyed the experience, even if is was just a balloon

Back in 2009 I (my member name then 'qonone') saw a few moving lights moving in different directions and disappearing and reappearing and I inboxed you. You explained it really well back then, but i still didn't believe you
I still can't believe it was satellites. Not saying it was ET though.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 06:17 AM
link   
reply to post by magma

Nonsense.

Ockham's Razor does support the existence of UFO's far more than folks typically appealing to it in behalf of disbelief seem to be able to wrap their minds around.

GIVEN the massive amount of quality information from literally thousands of QUALITY SOURCES

it is MORE ABSURD to DENY their existence.

Now as to WHAT they are and WHAT they are up to is a different set of issues.

However, that they exist is no longer an issue for folks typically used to dealing with the realities most of us have to face day by day.

Only the willfully blind insist that there's no wind blowing the leaves around merely because they fail to be able to capture a crystal sharp image of the wind.

The wind blowing the leaves is the simplest, most likely, most accurate explanation regardless of the absence of crystal clear photos of moving air.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 06:23 AM
link   
reply to post by uncommitted

I've seen a lot of famous UFO experts selling their books at conferences.

I'm convinced that it's laughable that they are making a mint worth of money.

I've seen them sell a box or so of books at a relatively small conference in a tiny burg. I wondered how they met expenses. It was embarrassing. They had to be in it for their passion for the topic.

Stanton Friedman is--to my mind--clearly in it because he loves being a witty raconteur regaling an audience. He's his own boss and makes enough to keep going. And, he has some passion for the topic.

I have NEVER seen or been around any of them who gave off the least whiff of the sort of attitude or mentality of "Buy my book and get out of my face, serf." . . . that folks getting rich off of book sales can easily leak around the edges.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
The threat here on earth is via the nephilim hybrids running this planet and their overlords, not the UFO's waking ppl up. The UFO's that are drones, surveillance and black ops however are indeed a threat.

ABSOLUTELY INDEED.

Interestingly, NONE OF Timothy Good, Stanton Friedman, Linda Moulton Howe, Stan Romanek, . . . and several others I've forgotten--in my face to face contacts with them . . . have been very sympathetic to the

FACT, imho, of [color=6699FF]the nephilim = the critters from an evil spiritual dimension

as scientist Jacques Vallee concluded after 10 years of quality research.

Some of the above mentioned have allowed that as a POSSIBILITY but didn't seem really interested in 'going there.' THAT fact left me wondering how many of them are knowingly complicit in furthering the globalist oligarchy's spin on things. Mostly I think they are unwittingly complicit. I'm not so sure about Stanton Friedman being unwitting, however. Timothy Good may or may not be knowingly complicit, imho.

I think Stan Romanek is merely duped and led by the nose down the yellow brick road. At this point it has all become such a big part of who he is and his 'mark in the world,' I don't think he can give it up. I gave his wife a card with Guy Malone's name on it in case they really wanted to stop the visitations and abductions. My impression was that they do not want them to stop. They are on a ride and seem dedicated to riding it to the destination.

Cris Putnam and Tom Horn in EXO-VATICANA summarized many thousands of pages of documentation in their 600 page treatise. They have convincingly made the case--proven--to my mind--the nephilim hypothesis. imho, their book needs to be read by every Christian, patriot and every person who wants to be alert to what's coming down the Pike. They have it analyized and spelled out far better than the above listed experts combined. Vallee is one of the few famous other UFO experts who sees even part of the evil picture remotely accurately.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kaone

So all scientist who sell their books are lying right? People got to feed them self don't they?

If you dont believe in UFO or secret government projects why did you even join this site?

INDEED. Why believe books about famous people, Presidents, Rock Stars, Basketball Stars, Carl Sagan,

Sheesh. What a silly argument: They're selling books for money so they must automatically be lying.

Dumb, imho.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueBrit
reply to post by KaelemJames

. . .

The reality of the situation is that it is not as simple as being concerned about the things we arent told. It is more about being concerned about the things which are being actively kept from us. Worse than that, there is just enough reason for people to be suspicious, but no reason for them to be sure of what, precisely, is actually happening, and what exactly is being hidden, or why.

For these UFO investigators to claim that they are sure that UFO are not only a real phenomena but a threat to our species is a gross overstatement at best.

No reason to be sure?

Really?

Imagine for argument . . .

You are on the other side of earth from your home. Your son's secretary reaches you by phone and asserts that your spouse has been rushed to the hospital with a brain aneurism and is in a very iffy condition. Your daughter's 12 year old answers your call and insists it was all a hoax gone bad from a misunderstanding. There's a cryptic msg at your hotel from the hospital concerned that is ambiguous in terms of what's going on and the seriousness of it. It could be a panic attack or a heart attack or a brain aneurism. None of your frantic calls to responsible trustworthy people reach anyone. Yet, you have half a dozen calls with children, housekeepers, secretaries who SOUND pretty plausible and who affirm quite soberly that it's a real life and death situation. And there is that cryptic msg from a Dr Cerebral Scapel at that most likely hospital near your home.

But since there's NO PROOF, you return to your soft drink and the crossword puzzle without any significant concern.

I think not.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 06:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Mamatus

I know from my own TOP SECRET CRYPTO days that the government CAN successfully hide many things for decades.

Stanton Friedman also has some excellent examples of successful secret keeping by the government.

Besides, the ridicule strategy has worked well with the leaks that have occurred.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by UNIT76

what people don't realize is what is to come AFTER they knock down the existing old world order..

ABSOLUTELY INDEED.

And, imho, Cris Putnam and Tom Horn in EXO-VATICANA

document and spell THAT out in very impressive detail with exhaustive documentation and meticulous research FAR ABOVE AND BEYOND any research project I've ever been aware of.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by JesusChristwins

I'm still not convinced about the hollow earth part.

However, I think the rest of your summary is reasonably accurate.

Certainly the GOOD-COP/BAD-COP strategy, meme is in play by the globalist oligarchy and the evil critters from an evil dimension.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

FWIW--which may be nothing--

I had a slight to moderate feeling when reading your 2nd reply of seriousness . . .

that within a reasonable amount of time--months to 3 years? I don't know. . . .

that you will have some very significant life experience which will jangle your sensibilities a great deal.

I don't know if it will be about UFO's or not. My hunch is that it will involve them at least in a tangential way.

My track record? Given the slight to moderate level of the impression--maybe 51-70% depending. So--not very impressive--slightly better than chance to moderately better than chance.

I assume that IF my hunch/impression pans out, that if you can, you'll report such on ATS.

I too have long respected your intellect and your wit . . . the rigor of your logic and the congruence of your standing by your values and criteria . . . even as I've shaken my head at your seeming inclination to swallow an elephant and choke on a gnat on occasion.

Thanks for sharing your sighting. Let me ask this . . .

IF THAT LIGHT had zipped around the sky with super fast speed and right angle turns, what would your thoughts and conclusions have been then? How differently might you have felt about it?

Further, IF that light after the above maneuvers had zipped to say about 1,000 feet above you and was discernible as a solid sort of craft--hung there for 30 seconds and then zipped outer-spacewards . . . how might your impressions and conclusions have changed?

Yet, what PROOF would you have been able to offer ATS beyond that of thousands of other witnesses?

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by OccamsRazor04

I forget the name of the organization . . . they have a team of quality researchers and scientific investigators . . . and IIRC now, MORE THAN 4,000 trace landing site cases. . . . where there's demonstrable physical evidence of a craft having been there.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Sleep paralysis does NOT account for:

1. typical, similar, identical marks on the bodies of 100's of abductees.

2. impregnation, end of 3rd trimester removal of baby etc narratives from 100's to thousands of abductees--some verified by their gynecologists

3. the 4,000+ trace landing cases verified by a scientific investigation methodology.

4. the very serious PTSD impacts on the abductees

5. multiple witness verifications--with multiple videos and still photos from the same incidents as witnessed by multiple people--particularly over time as in the Stan Romanek case

www.stanromanek.com...

6. knowledge that proves out to be true from abductees that there was no other way for them to be aware of.

7. children and others being missing--totally missing--during the time of the abduction. Sleep paralysis doesn't 'disappear a body.'

etc. etc.

edit on 22/6/2013 by BO XIAN because: typo

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by BO XIAN
reply to post by TrueBrit

imho,

DEMANDS for "proof" of such things are weary-ingly silly.

Really? So only as silly as some of the rot we are supposed to believe based on nothing but the prattle of some hippy medatation practitioner who believes he is in contact with aliens? Are you serious?

It's a bit like demanding of your boss proof that he's been having an affair with your wife. It's extremely unlikely to be delivered--particularly in a helpful, timely way.

It is nothing like that what so ever. For a start there will be some form of physical evidence of that occurance, and one could set a private investigator to aquire proof of such things. You havent thought this arguement through very well.

That does NOT, however, mean that your boss has NOT been having an affair with your wife. There was that tell-tale number left on her cell phone. And that curious item on her credit card of her mystifying stay at Holiday Inn Express. And there was that fuzzy, distant image of her embracing that some somewhat familiar looking male that the bosses secretary emailed you. And what was that familiar after shave smell when she dropped by after lunch just after your boss also returned from lunch.

Which constitute physical evidence, chemical trace in common, and so on and so forth, which are forensic standards of proof, and all of which are lacking in pretty close to ALL the lore and blather I hear on this subject, particularly the sort of blather involving visitation, contact, and so on.

It's foolish to ignore a multiplicity of quality sources and quality information merely because SOLID, IRREFUTABLE "proof" has not been delivered on a gold tray with an inch thick pile of notorized documents verifying every particle of proof.

One does not ignore the information which is available on any given topic. However, one should reserve ones judgement until such a time as a properly solid conclusion can be come to, and without such solidity as you refer to, no conclusion can be achieved, merely a continuation of the mystery. Given that your example actually contained reference to the sorts of evidence which are entirely lacking in all known cases of interest, the arguement you are making falls flat upon its fundament on this point.

Murderers are convicted on far less proof.

And that is not acceptable. I am aware of the short commings of the legal system, as I have served on a jury in an assault case, and had to near singlehandedly prevent a man from being sent to jail despite overwhelming evidence that he was not guilty, which the rest of the jury failed to correctly interpret, which they had to be lead to, because they were unused to the scientific process, logic, and reason. Murderers should only be convicted on solid evidence, which amounts to proof, a chain of evidence which connects them to the scene, the body, the weapon used, and every moment inbetween. That is the standard which is supposed to be applied. That it is rarely done correctly, is not acceptable, or a support for your argument.

I have met Timothy Good face to face a number of times and asked him all the questions I could think of at the time. His answers have always been internally consistent; congruent; reasonably candid; carefully worded and per my psychologists' training and experience--quite honest--as far as he went....

...I have absolutely no doubt that his well placed quality high officials types of connections to his sources are as he describes them. I have absolutely no doubt that what he relates from them has been told to him as factual information as the sources knew and believed the information to be factual.

And upon what precisely, do you base this faith, this lack of doubt? This is precisely why actual evidence trumps the word of human beings. If you take a person at thier word without measuring that word against evidence, then you leave yourself open to falsehood and are asking to be misdirected.

I enjoy his British persona. Yet, he is also quite warmly friendly and personable--easily approachable and easy to have a genuine dialogue with. He was thoughtful and authentic in all my contacts with him.

He could be a Saint for all I give a damn, but being a personable chap doesnt make him any less capable of deceit than the next person, which is why, with every tale of mystery and suspense, there must be a record of evidence found, tested, examined, quantified and interpreted, checked over by several people at every turn to ensure the qualitative value of the data so attained.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

Ah, I think I see what you did there. What you are forgetting is that when a loved one is taken deathly ill, ones responses are, and ought to be, much more emotional than they would be when performing an investigation of a given subject. The fear of loosing your loved one ought to mean that you desire the fastest route to an answer, any piece of mind what so ever, any news, no matter how garbled. You might summon together the wit to ask someone to go to the hospital and place thier phone in the hand of the attending consultants and doctors involved, but that would be about all the reason anyone would expect from you at that stage.

That is however, not the correct way to deal with investigative process, or indeed anything which requires more than anything else, the pure application of logic, and reason. In fact, the scenario you mention is not a time for logic or reason, but for emotion and reaction. Both these things have no place in any investigation or examination of any subject,because they prevent objectivity, which is vastly important when attempting to reason out the matters of the universe, what may be residing in it and so on.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by BO XIAN

I've seen a lot of famous UFO experts selling their books at conferences.

I'm convinced that it's laughable that they are making a mint worth of money.

I've seen them sell a box or so of books at a relatively small conference in a tiny burg. I wondered how they met expenses. It was embarrassing. They had to be in it for their passion for the topic.

Stanton Friedman is--to my mind--clearly in it because he loves being a witty raconteur regaling an audience. He's his own boss and makes enough to keep going. And, he has some passion for the topic.

I have NEVER seen or been around any of them who gave off the least whiff of the sort of attitude or mentality of "Buy my book and get out of my face, serf." . . . that folks getting rich off of book sales can easily leak around the edges.

Why are you convinced it's laughable or that they are making a mint? Add book/DVD sales at every event they attend, add in any fees for speaking at said events, plus sales over the net. Add in free publicity from the media looking for a rent - a - mouth and some people will make at least a relatively comfortably living from shilling the rubes (as the David Bowie album Young Americans was nearly called as at the time he saw the idea of him getting soul/disco fans to buy the record was like conning the gullible out of their cash - hmmm, that sounds familiar)

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by magma

Originally posted by voyger2
reply to post by magma

And you can do the opposite? Prove that they don't exist?
edit on 21-6-2013 by voyger2 because: (no reason given)

Why?

There is no evidence on the planet that they exsist.

Why prove they don't exsist when there is nothing to say they do.

Typical response from blind believers of clever marketing.

Prove to me they do exsist. And I will gladly become one of you.

Until then, you have your illusions to fall back on.

Can you prove they don't exist? There is plenty of evidence of ancient civilisations on Earth that have references to things from the sky, and of technology that existed that was advanced for the time period as well. Look at the pyramids, they align with the stars. Look at the Incas and their gold planes. Take a look at ancient Sanscrite texts. There is even suggestions of an ancient nuclear war in what is now India and mention of the Vimmaus.

Why are you so closed to the possibilities that we were visited in the past and that this goes on even today? are you suggesting that Earth is the only planet in the universe with life on because I think that is very unlikely. I cant wait for First Contact. Even if it is not the good guys at least you will know that we are not alone!

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join