It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sky News: Author Says UFO Threat 'Serious'

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Just saw this interview on Sky News with Tim Good on his take on the headline.

For those who didn't see it.

Author Timothy Good tells Sky News the threat from UFOs is serious and governments around the world are not dismissing the phenomena.

Sky News Interview Tim Good (06/21/13)

Author Says UFO Threat 'Serious'

Documents reveal 643 sightings were reported in 2009, treble the previous year and the second highest recorded since 1978 when 750 sightings were logged.

One need to watch the video as he explains his beliefs.
edit on 09/02/2012 by KaelemJames because: Changed Thread Topic

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 07:09 AM
link   
s+f

Mod Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.
edit on 21/6/2013 by Sauron because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Well if these are the same extra-dimensional entities that communicated with ancient civilizations and reported in their art, then it is possible they have developed the technology to enter our physical realm.

Although he does mention different races, such as one of human form.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by KaelemJames

A prime example of someone misusing the acronym UFO. Authors like Timothy Good are the main offenders for this type of trick. They say UFO and then try to make everyone believe they really mean visiting aliens when all they are talking about is things that people couldn't identify (mainly because they were to far away at the time).

Just because something is unexplained there is no reason to make the leap of faith its visiting aliens.

But you will notice Timothy Good is also careful not to mention much 'visiting aliens' this way when the objects are found out to be nothing exciting at a later date he can always turn round and say..'i never claimed they were aliens, i just said they were unidentified'. That way he can keep some credibility and keep on selling more books, doing lectures , DVD's and documentaries..$UFO.

edit on 21-6-2013 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Surprisingly, the news anchor lady did not lash out in sarcasm, quite respectful in the part i saw. The video on here is of course the edited one only showing his comments.

Originally posted by PhoenixOD
But you will notice Timothy Good is also careful not to mention 'visiting aliens' this way when the objects are found out to be nothing exciting at a later date he can always turn round and say..'i never claimed they were aliens, i just said they were unidentified'. That way he can keep some credibility and keep on selling more books, doing lectures , DVD's and documentaries..$UFO.

I agree.

He speaks with a very calm tone, not to discourage those whom believe, and for the sake of his credibility.

I found it interesting that it was on Sky News live. Don't get to see these type of interviews often.

edit on 09/02/2012 by KaelemJames because: added

edit on 09/02/2012 by KaelemJames because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 08:47 AM
link   
I would like to start by commending PhoenixOD for pointing out the correct definition of UFO. The terminology used to describe the objects being reffered to is important. When one means a confirmed sighting of an alien space craft, then that is what one ought to say, unless of course there is any room for doubt on that point which is why we call most of the things we see up in the sky, that we have no identification for, UFOs.

On the matter of the interveiw with the author... He seems to suggest, very heavily, that the objects about which he is speaking, are a threat. Now, a completely natural weather phenomenon, weather balloon, satellite, blimp, clutch of escaped helium or mylar balloons, represent zero threat. The only things that might represent a threat are advanced aircraft of a type with which no military researcher, insider, informant or press secretary are either aware of or prepared to comment on, and potential scout vessels from a possible invader species.

Frankly speaking, without any evidence what so ever to back his fantastic suggestion up, his arguement seems a little lame. Unless he is prepared to tell us how hard he was worked breaking into secure military files, R&D projects, testing facilities, the DoD in the US, the MoD in the UK, and other nations military intelligence organisations, there is no reason for anyone to merely assume that the objects he is refering to are anything other than terrestrial craft, because one is bound by the blade of Occams Razor on this point.

If however he has PROOF of the indentity of these objects, then he ought to be frank about it and tell us all what is going on, and where the proof can be found, and what we ought to be doing about it. Suggesting a threat based on so little evidence as he provides however, is not appropriate or helpful to the cause.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Seems Sky News is on the UFO topic about the MoD scrapped the UFO Desk.

Another UFO investigator was interviewed just now. Had to rewind and record it from my phone, so excuse the quality. Telling the MoD doesn't/never did show the best evidence, and the media are the same, as they don't show the audience the best evidence.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

True & agreed
Thanks to PhoenixOD

But, really we have heard this before. People should BY NOW know what the definition of a UFO is.

This interview is about the MoD scrapping the UFO Desk and "UFO" investigators being interviewed about it. In the second video i posted, that investigator explains that he is only interested in 3% of UFO sightings. Meaning the others have explanations (birds, planes, swamp gas, balloons and whatever the usuals) but they are not showing or telling us about the UFO sightings that we should know about.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 09:27 AM
link   

People should BY NOW know what the definition of a UFO is

Here is the actual definition of a UFO :

Unidentified flying object : Any unexplained moving object observed in the sky, esp. one assumed to be of Extraterrestrial origin

www.thefreedictionary.com...

reply to post by KaelemJames

edit on 21-6-2013 by CosmicQuest because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Makes a change from the guy they had on Sky News earlier.a Mr Jerry Stone - Space Expert

and Dr David Clarke here on ITN

edit on 21-6-2013 by Jasonlreeve because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Jasonlreeve

In my opinion i couldn't care less that they scrapped it. They would never tell us anyways what the real deal is.

What bugs me in previous interviews (over the years) with UFO researchers, that they were mocked or laughed at, or not given a proper chance to explain their side. Three types of people in the world: Believers, non-believers and fencers. Give each their say.

It is sad that many UFO researchers are only in it for the money, and not the truth alone.
edit on 09/02/2012 by KaelemJames because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Ufo's are so mainstream thse days it is boring.

How about somebody actually prove they exsist?

Oh hang on... They can't...

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 10:13 AM
link   
UFOs and ET is very real, no matter how many people say, he is just misusing the term UFO. It means, from off planet, and ETs come from many realms, corporal and dimensional.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
UFOs and ET is very real, no matter how many people say, he is just misusing the term UFO. It means, from off planet, and ETs come from many realms, corporal and dimensional.

And you have overwhelming evidence to prove it?

With respect

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Yes I suggest you watch the disclosure project for very credible testimony's. Of course if you want to have a piece of a UFO in your hand you will have to join the U.S military and gain above top secret clearance.

Originally posted by magma

Originally posted by Unity_99

And you have overwhelming evidence to prove it?

With respect

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by magma

And you can do the opposite? Prove that they don't exist?
edit on 21-6-2013 by voyger2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by ATSZOMBIE

Wake up! Don't be a sheep.

You have no proof, nothing.

Perpetuating a falicy is tiresome.

People will believe what the want to believe.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by voyger2
reply to post by magma

And you can do the opposite? Prove that they don't exist?
edit on 21-6-2013 by voyger2 because: (no reason given)

Why?

There is no evidence on the planet that they exsist.

Why prove they don't exsist when there is nothing to say they do.

Typical response from blind believers of clever marketing.

Prove to me they do exsist. And I will gladly become one of you.

Until then, you have your illusions to fall back on.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by magma

now i will reply to you with your own words:

You believe what you want to believe.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by magma
reply to post by ATSZOMBIE

Wake up! Don't be a sheep.

Perpetuating a falicy is tiresome.

People will believe what the want to believe.

and yet billions of people are controlled by the words of mythical gods of all of the worlds religions...all religions are tiresome.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join