It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sky News: Author Says UFO Threat 'Serious'

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Whether we believe in an extraterrestrial presence or not it would be good as a precautionary measure to investigate ufos thoroughly on the presumption it might be true. This presumption being made for purely defence reasons survival of humanity.

Even if the chances of ufos being extraterrestrial are slim to none, the proceeding forward in a cautious manner will allow humanity to prepare itself strategically for an attack by extraterrestrials, on the slim and off chance it does turn out to be true.

Better to be safer than sorry as the old saying goes.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by AthlonSavage
Whether we believe in an extraterrestrial presence or not it would be good as a precautionary measure to investigate ufos thoroughly on the presumption it might be true. This presumption being made for purely defence reasons survival of humanity.

Even if the chances of ufos being extraterrestrial are slim to none, the proceeding forward in a cautious manner will allow humanity to prepare itself strategically for an attack by extraterrestrials, on the slim and off chance it does turn out to be true.

Better to be safer than sorry as the old saying goes.

I would never say it should be dismissed out of hand. There should never be a presumption in either direction. A claim was made that there is a great deal of evidence, including physical evidence, for ET having visited. I have seen zero evidence. As you said all new evidence should be evaluated without bias.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by OccamsRazor04

How about instead you first acknowledge I have EVIDENCE period?

Then maybe from there I will give you my DIRECT evidence and then from THERE we can get into physical trace evidence?

Sound good?

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 01:55 AM
link   
That's right
I want you guys on record saying every abductee is a damn liar.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by JayinAR

How about instead you first acknowledge I have EVIDENCE period?

Then maybe from there I will give you my DIRECT evidence and then from THERE we can get into physical trace evidence?

Sound good?

You have evidence. The question is evidence of what?

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 02:01 AM
link   

That's right
I want you guys on record saying every abductee is a damn liar.

Why do they have to be liars? There are multiple explanations. They only "all are liars" when you lump every witness together and treat them all the same.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Of exactly what the countless abductees say happened. Not to mention what other folks, non abuctees suggest when they see their craft.

That non human intelligences are interacting with us.

ETA: also, you ready called the Hills liars.

edit on 22-6-2013 by JayinAR because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by magma
Ufo's are so mainstream thse days it is boring.

How about somebody actually prove they exsist?

Oh hang on... They can't...

Wow, a world where EVERYONE has a camera at all times, a world where EVERYONE is instantly connected to 7 billion people, a world where 10 movies a year puts ET in your face in 3D, a world that has been evolving the ET socially created phenomena for about 70 years, a world that wants so desperately for ET to come along and save us all.....

With all that we can't even meet a 1970s sightings number, and so somehow the threat is serious....lol

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 02:13 AM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

Countless sounds cool, but there's zero evidence. Countless people see and testify they witnessed for SURE crimes that actual evidence later confirms were not committed by the people they saw commit them. I am awaiting evidence, including promised physical evidence.

ETA: I gave you motive for them to lie. They made a claim and there is ZERO physical evidence to substantiate it. Show me the body. Or the blood, or anything that shows something happened.
edit on 22-6-2013 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

It is kinda odd, huh?

Stuff has dropped off lately for sure.

link   
reply to post by JayinAR

Of exactly what the countless abductees say happened.
Which seem to correlate well with what happens during sleep paralysis. Experiences which have a strong cultural influence.

Not to mention what other folks, non abuctees suggest when they see their craft.
See what you did there? "Their craft". You are connecting "abductee" experiences with UFO reports in general because to you (and others) there "must" be a connection.

The Hills may be liars. Or delusional.

edit on 6/22/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

link   

reply to post by Xtrozero

It is kinda odd, huh?

Stuff has dropped off lately for sure.

Fancy that, now that we expect more from claimants there are fewer of them. When evidence should be going up, it is instead going down.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Well by God you just said in your last post I have evidence.
Now you shift the goal posts.

Guess I am gonna bow out then.

Peace ya'll.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 02:23 AM
link   

I would suggest your last post is simply false.
Maybe we can get into that tomorrow.

From everything I have read, UFO/et occupancy, has actually gone DOWN over the years. (public opinion)

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 02:28 AM
link   

To recap:

I feel I lived up to my bargain.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Well by God you just said in your last post I have evidence.
Now you shift the goal posts.

Guess I am gonna bow out then.

Peace ya'll.

I said you have evidence. You do. I also said the question is what do you have evidence for? There are many explanations. It could be evidence of lying, hallucinations, sleep disorder, or, ET visitation. You're bowing out because we are asking for evidence which you can not provide. 10 people all saying they witnessed the same event could be evidence of a conspiracy, not the event having taken place. We are asking for you to evaluate evidence to decide what that evidence shows and you don't like it.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 02:34 AM
link   

I would suggest your last post is simply false.
Maybe we can get into that tomorrow.

From everything I have read, UFO/et occupancy, has actually gone DOWN over the years. (public opinion)

How about we get into the physical evidence you keep saying you have and not providing.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Those weren't the terms.
But believe me, that is there too.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 02:52 AM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

The terms were you show me evidence for ET. You have yet to do so. My watching someone take a knife and drive it into someones chest is not evidence of murder if the "dead" person gets up and starts laughing at them playing a trick on me. I am sorry you fail to understand it is NOT evidence of ET visitation just because someone says it happened.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Hence why I qualified the remarks as circumstantial evidence.

Perhaps tomorrow we can get into Rendalsham in regards to physical evidence. But first you will need to concede that I have fulfilled my obligation here.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join