It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sky News: Author Says UFO Threat 'Serious'

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 04:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by BO XIAN
HELLO? Evidently you are UNAWARE (to put it politely) of the SOURCE of Ockham's razor:

Thank you, I was completely unaware of the alternative spelling. I rescind that criticism. This will be my only reply to you as per my previous vow, unless I owe another apology down the road.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 04:52 AM
link   
reply to post by OccamsRazor04

Everything about him reeks of dishonesty.

NONSENSE.

It appears that YOUR

ASSUMPTIONS

are showing . . . . again.

It sounds like you are ASSUMING that the purported ET's are smart enough to build exotic tech craft

but tooooooooooooooooo STUPID to translate "their math" into human symbols.

Cleverness abounds again.

Sigh.

Again . . . I think Stan is deluded by the critters in a list of ways.

However, I have no doubt that he's honest about what he experiences.

1. His eyes are congruent with honesty as he speaks.
2. His involuntary facial muscles are congruent with honesty as he speaks.
3. His voice tones are congruent with honesty as he speaks.
4. His wife affirms his details from her own perspective.
5. A multiplicity of his friends affirm his narrative from THEIR first hand observations of the SAME events.
6. He has tangible evidence from a 'micro-waved' or some exotic wave burned out truck in a fast food drive up line to house siding to other stuff around his house.
7. He has still and video photos affirming what his house guests declare to be facts.
8. His narrative has internal consistency while demonstrating the usual idiosyncrasies of a human narrative.

I could dig out some other reasons that he comes across honest. However, I suspect that folks who won't accept 8 of them wouldn't accept 64 either.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Apology accepted. Thanks for communicating it.

Humility is much more attractive than rigid, haughty, prissy arrogance in such discussions.

I periodically get my fill of the latter and my patience wears thin..

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 05:04 AM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

I have marked all the 30-40 Dr Jacques Vallee references in EXO-VATICANA.

Perhaps later Sonday or Monday evening I can post the ones that relate to your query.

He definitely considers it to be likely to clearly true that the critters are evil.

He also notes from his programming systems analyst expertise--I think that's what his PhD is in, IIRC . . . he notes that the critters have effected a massive CONTROL structure, function on our culture--more or less globally, IIRC.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 05:17 AM
link   
Found a thread on ATS about Stan Romaneck.
Stan Romaneck is a Hoaxer
www.ufowatchdog.com...

Anyone who wishes to believe him is welcome to do so. Just don't be surprised when people refuse to take anything else you say serious.

Skip ahead to about 21:10 in the interview, the interviewer says they have to take a break then you hear Stan playing with a tape recorder in the background.

Then at about 29:28 Stan plays his tape recorder with the same recorded voice from earlier trying to make it sound like a third person is on the line warning him not to talk.

Stan Romanek Abduction Evidence 1/22/2010 - Open Minds Radio on Blog Talk Radio
www.blogtalkradio.com...

edit on 23-6-2013 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-6-2013 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by darkbake
Well if these are the same extra-dimensional entities that communicated with ancient civilizations and reported in their art, then it is possible they have developed the technology to enter our physical realm.

Although he does mention different races, such as one of human form.

I'm curious now, I'm not sure about the "Hollow Earth theory" but I do have faith in the "Underground Empire theory".....
Now with that being said, could it be that these extra-dimensional entities communicated with ancient civilizations that lead to their technological growth and also there complete destruction? AKA atlantis, the Continent of MU, Ancient India, the previous civilizations that predated the Incas and Mayans...
If that is the case, then what we have here is nothing but HUGE experiments involving billions of people and cultures. That would certainly would be a threat, a VERY SERIOUS ONE INDEED.
We live in a digital age, a society of information, how do we confront this threat? if an ancient power like atlantis or ancient india whose stories of particle beam weapons and flying craft wasn't enough, how could WE in our day and age with kinectics survive what they couldn't? that's what gets me, our ability to defend ourselves.
Sure we don't have spears anymore, but in a sense we do, they are just vastly smaller and move vastly faster, bullets.
Could a fleet of ships armed with Magnetic Accelerated Cannons and 6ft thick titanium hulls take on a fleet with Plasma and Particle beam weapons with energy projection shields? and we are not even on that level to begin with.
A threat indeed.
PS, the ships were just examples, in reality it'll be more like an aegis destroyer going up against a Sovereign class Enterprise E.........

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 05:27 AM
link   
reply to post by magma

Can you prove to me that you're even alive?

Think about it.

Then prove it.

There is actually very little proof of anything, anywhere on any subject...when you really analyse things.

We really only have theory and hypothesis and acepted theory. Rarely is anything considered 'proof', especially in existential realms, science, even biology.

Heck, even the very nature of life, the motion of the atom, the forces operating on us and our planet...even the very nature, fabric and composition of the Universe itself is not known...it's SO missunderstood, we don't even know if we, or even the Universe is actually REAL and not some astroundingly odd illusion.

So don't ask for proof...there really isn't much available...on anything. We have belief, theory and intuition and evidence that leads us to one of those three..and then there's guesstimates, based on instinct and observable phenomena and prior experience...that's about it..so far. The UFO question has MORE evidence than the levels that would reasonably be required to send people to the gas chamber if similar levels of evidence about a murder were to be presented in a court case..probably enough evidence to send hundreds of thousands of people to the gas chamber actually.

But very little actual proof if any of course, for the reasons already explained...which is probably why so many who oppose the idea of ET visitors coming here (for whatever reason they have) use the word so bloody often!

Can you prove to me how energy is fed into an atom to enable it's electrons to orbit forever? There are theories, but no proof...how about proving how we think? Again, theories and guesstimates, no proof.

These are two fundamentals to our existence, we are made of atoms, we have advanced due to the power of our thoughts and mental abilities, we live in a Universe that we generally don't understand...yet despite no proof of how these systems actually originate, exist or operate...yet here we are with overwhelming evidence these systems work, based on observations, measurements and experience of actually existing and working (or else we wouldn't exist and this would be moot)...and all with absolutely zero proof...just like UFO's and the ET situation.

No proof of ET isn't proof of no ETs, like no proof of the mechanics behind the Universe doesn't mean there isn't a Universe.

It all means we should accept there is infinitely more for us to learn than the total sum of human knowledge and learning thus far gained. IOW...we know nothing.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by MysterX
reply to post by magma

Can you prove to me that you're even alive?

Think about it.

Then prove it.

There is actually very little proof of anything, anywhere on any subject...when you really analyse things.

We really only have theory and hypothesis and acepted theory. Rarely is anything considered 'proof', especially in existential realms, science, even biology.

Heck, even the very nature of life, the motion of the atom, the forces operating on us and our planet...even the very nature, fabric and composition of the Universe itself is not known...it's SO missunderstood, we don't even know if we, or even the Universe is actually REAL and not some astroundingly odd illusion.

So don't ask for proof...there really isn't much available...on anything. We have belief, theory and intuition and evidence that leads us to one of those three..and then there's guesstimates, based on instinct and observable phenomena and prior experience...that's about it..so far. The UFO question has MORE evidence than the levels that would reasonably be required to send people to the gas chamber if similar levels of evidence about a murder were to be presented in a court case..probably enough evidence to send hundreds of thousands of people to the gas chamber actually.

But very little actual proof if any of course, for the reasons already explained...which is probably why so many who oppose the idea of ET visitors coming here (for whatever reason they have) use the word so bloody often!

Can you prove to me how energy is fed into an atom to enable it's electrons to orbit forever? There are theories, but no proof...how about proving how we think? Again, theories and guesstimates, no proof.

These are two fundamentals to our existence, we are made of atoms, we have advanced due to the power of our thoughts and mental abilities, we live in a Universe that we generally don't understand...yet despite no proof of how these systems actually originate, exist or operate...yet here we are with overwhelming evidence these systems work, based on observations, measurements and experience of actually existing and working (or else we wouldn't exist and this would be moot)...and all with absolutely zero proof...just like UFO's and the ET situation.

No proof of ET isn't proof of no ETs, like no proof of the mechanics behind the Universe doesn't mean there isn't a Universe.

It all means we should accept there is infinitely more for us to learn than the total sum of human knowledge and learning thus far gained. IOW...we know nothing.

On certain levels I agree.

Think about this...

A person walks across a pedestrian crossing and a driver fails to stop for them killing them in front of multiple witnesses.

In your world this may or may not have occurred.

Yet proof is clearly in the fact a person who was once living is now dead. Many people saw the event, family members grieve.

It becomes a documented fact that this person was killed walking across the road on a pedestrian crossing.

So , as I mentioned previously I am waiting for the proof that ET's exsist.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 07:16 AM
link   
So now hollow earth theory has been introduced.

Seriously?
edit on 23-6-2013 by magma because: typo fix due to jaw falling on ground in sheer shock

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by BO XIAN
reply to post by JayinAR

I have marked all the 30-40 Dr Jacques Vallee references in EXO-VATICANA.

Perhaps later Sonday or Monday evening I can post the ones that relate to your query.

He definitely considers it to be likely to clearly true that the critters are evil.

He also notes from his programming systems analyst expertise--I think that's what his PhD is in, IIRC . . . he notes that the critters have effected a massive CONTROL structure, function on our culture--more or less globally, IIRC.

You know, in the world there are good doctors and not so good doctors. To be frank, anyone dedicated to achieving a goal and is prepared to work hard can earn a Phd.

You seem rather hung up on acedemic capability. You are certainly able to put forth an argument and cite references.

But again, in this world there are good doctors and not so good doctors.

I know that you are dedicated, also you present your case as being genuine.

If all of your evidence is so undeniable, why is it not considered credible?

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by magma

Seriously?
edit on 23-6-2013 by magma because: typo fix due to jaw falling on ground in sheer shock

And why not?

Here's Brinsley Le Poer Trench explaining the hollow earth in a 1970s UFO documentary. Trench was the prominent British UFO author a decade before Good came on the scene.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by magma

The thing is... The evidence is considered credible.

Just some folks choose not to accept it. If there is no national debate on the issue and we have fine folks like yourself and Mr Doesnt-live-up-to-his-end-of-a-bargain over there, the field just sorta stays where it is.

At least you have the smarts enoughto recognize this stuff is evidence though. So thanks for that.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   

You missed another flag on another play or two with Stan.

Perhaps you've also failed to consider that Stan has had some developmental/emotional challenges period. I forget their exact nature.

AND, on top of that, given all his experiences, he's had a significant degree of PTSD.

He talks about his screw-ups on occasion. And, IIRC, he and his wife received some therapy along the way and things evened out a lot.

I don't blame him for being human.

Personally, given all he's experienced, I'm surprised he didn't mess up a lot more than 1-3 times in all this.

Those who've never done dumb stuff can ignore the need for forgiveness and understanding.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arnie123

I'm curious now, I'm not sure about the "Hollow Earth theory" but I do have faith in the "Underground Empire theory".....

I certainly would be less surprised at proof of vast inhabited tunnels. I just HOPE that's not true. LOL.

And, in terms of the hollow earth stuff . . . I wonder how many folks watched JOURNEY TO THE CENTER OF THE EARTH while constantly saying to themselves "What stupid poo!" What's plausible can often depend on a lot of things from the perceiver to the context. LOL

Now with that being said, could it be that these extra-dimensional entities communicated with ancient civilizations that lead to their technological growth and also there complete destruction? AKA atlantis, the Continent of MU, Ancient India, the previous civilizations that predated the Incas and Mayans...

It certainly seems that all that stuff has to be eventually factored in somehow.

If that is the case, then what we have here is nothing but HUGE experiments involving billions of people and cultures. That would certainly would be a threat, a VERY SERIOUS ONE INDEED.

I no longer consider that an uncertain issue. I consider that a solid fact that's virtually irrefutable for folks well informed.

We live in a digital age, a society of information, how do we confront this threat? if an ancient power like atlantis or ancient india whose stories of particle beam weapons and flying craft wasn't enough, how could WE in our day and age with kinectics survive what they couldn't? that's what gets me, our ability to defend ourselves.
Sure we don't have spears anymore, but in a sense we do, they are just vastly smaller and move vastly faster, bullets.
Could a fleet of ships armed with Magnetic Accelerated Cannons and 6ft thick titanium hulls take on a fleet with Plasma and Particle beam weapons with energy projection shields? and we are not even on that level to begin with.
A threat indeed.
PS, the ships were just examples, in reality it'll be more like an aegis destroyer going up against a Sovereign class Enterprise E.........

imho, there's no contest in the natural.

God alone is our refuge or there is NO HOPE.

And, actually, I personally think that THAT is the whole purpose of this boot-camp object lesson called life in our era.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by MysterX

ABSOLUTELY INDEED AND WODERFULLY PUT. THX THX.

You bring up an excellent point, as well.

Stephen Hawking . . . essentially . . . on the basis of quantum mechanics and some other stuff . . . asserts that

nothing makes sense.

and

that any reality you can imagine is likely 'true' somewhere at some point in time.

I think he's wrong but he purportedly has a good mind and a lot of folks have FAITH in what he says.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by magma

Let me try another thought experiment.

You have had 4 wonderful children and a fantastic husband.

It is now AFTER the SHTF event and your husband and all but your youngest 8 year old son have been killed.

Along the way you run into a motley assortment of straggling survivors. All are birds of rare plumage. You've been traveling together for 6 months.

"Fred Farnsworth" has often acted like a nurse and a doctor for physical health problems. Usually with credible results. Occasionally he has muttered about being head of a hospital dept at a prestigious big city hospital. But there's never been any proof. He just seems pretty knowledgeable and competent. And he's been caring and helpful successfully several times.

Then one day your 8 year old son becomes deathly ill. The "Doc" is pretty sure he knows what's going on but he'll have to operate. Cobbling together equipment etc. in an abandoned hospital is sort of marginally workable. But the surgery will be quite risky.

But it's increasingly clear that something has to change fairly soon if your son is to live.

You have no PROOF the Doc IS a Doc, much less a surgeon.

Yeah, there's been all that SEEMING EVIDENCE for 6 months. But it's not proof.

One thing for sure, your son's life IS on the line and there's no detectable, available or other logical solution.

What do you do?

Stamp your foot demanding proof of his medical license and surgery internship first?

I suspect that you make serious decisions based on FAR LESS PROOF than already exists about UFO's . . . every month or 3.

[color=6699FF]actually . . . I think that the fairly constant rant and wail for an unreasonable level and type of proof [GIVEN ALL THE GIVENS] is very DANGEROUS to one's potential welfare. By the time that level of proof is likely to be delivered--it will all be over but the shouting. The world will likely be in so many straight jackets that preparing in any functional, reasonable way, will no longer be possible.

But hey--whatever floats folks' boats. They can join the thousands telling Noah that he was an idiot to build an Ark without more PROOF. After all, rain had never fallen out of the sky ever before.
edit on 23/6/2013 by BO XIAN because: addition

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by magma

Not quite sure who you're poking at in that post.

1. Dr Vallee has had great success in his professional life--both in his trained profession as a programmer/systems fellow and as an investor. He was also chosen as the model for the French scientist at the end of the movie CLOSE ENCOUNTERS. His peers and others acclaim his mind, skills and perceptiveness emphatically.

2. True, a PhD mostly takes dogged persistence . . . though I wouldn't assert that just anyone could achieve it. It does take some minimum of capabilities beyond raw persistence.

3. CREDIBILITY is OFTEN greatly in the eye of the beholder. Noah had no credibility in the eyes of the onlookers and scoffers. They all died.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 11:07 AM
link   

BTW, IIRC,

ONE of the purported screw-ups by Stan Romanek was later demonstrated to have been a set-up by shadowy human black ops sorts of forces.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by magma

Seriously?

Yeah sure, why not? if the UFO threat is consistent then we have to look at it from all angles, from all ages.
Like my previous post, how can we stand up to this threat if previous civilizations weren't able to?
It stands to show that when compared to ancient civilizations, ET UFOs have vastly more evidence, an array of information then lets say atlantis, or ancient india where all we have is text about them. Think about this, the "UFO threat" comes and goes, a handful of people are left, time moves on and civlizations rebuild, history is dug into again and people like us, only a couple hundred thousand years in the future now look at "Evidence" there will be no mentions of atlantis or ancient india but an overwhelmingly amount of data on UFOs and ETs, what will they say? what will they think? I'm sure there will be your "Magmas" and "OccamsRazors" demanding, yet again a hundred thousand years into the future, absolute proof.
So yes, the hollow earth theory is just one angle amongst many to consider, what if the "UFO threat" extended itself to the moon? or mars for that matter? wiped out mars and left the moon for dead.....For all we know, the whole solar system could have been thriving....

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Arnie123

Personally, I think the 'hollow earth' notion

is a red herring disinformation ploy to pollute any discussion about stuff that the oligarchy's MSM has not told folks is true. Any forbidden etc. topics or beliefs get such things thrown into the discussion to trash the whole discussion.

perversely clever.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join