It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sky News: Author Says UFO Threat 'Serious'

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by uncommitted
reply to post by BO XIAN

Blah, blah blah,..........

Good for you, what more can I say.

lol, total fail. Have some humility guy

Good read Bo Xian. I look forward to more of your post.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Arnie123

BO XIAN kicks butt
And, I adore Unity_99, yip!

Why this thread has gone to shreds, I do not know

edit on 09/02/2012 by KaelemJames because: Puzzled

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by KaelemJames

Thanks for y'all's kind replies.

I merely try and share my perspective as more or less best I can--in a way that makes congruent sense to me and to my cosmology.

I have studied the topic since 1962 . . . Goodness . . . 51 years.

That's probably longer than many of the posters have been alive.

Initially it was out of my interest in SciFi.

I soon realized it HAD to have SOME implications for Biblical prophecy--which I'd also began to study in Jr High--1962.

Nevertheless, I still didn't know what was real, fantasy, smoke screen for government inventions etc.

And, I did not know if any ET'S existed, whether they were good, bad, more or less neutral or what.

The decades have resulted in thousands of puzzle pieces added to my collection.

I've been blessed to have met a surprising number of UFO-logists face to face for significant questioning.

And, I met Japan's foremost expert when I was in China.

Then, along the way, I discovered a close relative had worked where he could see them coming and going somewhat routinely from an adjacent area.

I've mostly finished Cris Putnam and Tom Horn's EXO-VATICANA. They have amassed thousands of pages of documents--a great bulk of which they share on their DVD--including some rare and out of print publications.

They have put the puzzle pieces together far better and far more extensively than anyone else.

And, I recently was able to meet L A Marzulli at a small church giving a Friday and a weekend worth of presentations.

So, I have a lot under my belt that indicates to me that the critters and their craft are VERY SERIOUS BUSINESS INDEED.

However, one doesn't need my vast puzzle piece collection to deduce that. Just look at the vast and intense government disinformation/ridicule campaign. THAT ALONE indicates it's VERY SERIOUS business.

Anyway--I appreciate dialogue with those who are interested in dialogue and who have at least a detectable amount of fair-mindedness.

The nasty trolls . . . can go suck rocks imho.

I've appreciated this thread because it's mostly been absent so many of the usual descending THREAD CRASHING troll types.

And many of the posts have been quite thought-provoking and well thought-out. I greatly enjoy that.

I appreciate folks who cause me to think. That's usually not from positions of gross ignorance and willful blindness.

So much of the blather on so many UFO threads is rank, gross ignorance gone to seed. And, there doesn't seem to be a lot of logic nor comprehensive vision-of-the-whole perspective and understanding.

Intense biases seem to dictate most of the sentences in most posts on most such threads, imho.

That's not very attractive, to me.

I started out with a white sheet of no opinion at all on the topic. Now, I have some strong and firm opinions. But those have come at a huge cost in reading, study and thought, pondering as well as prayerfulness and a lot of discussions with a lot of people.

My own Pentecostal reference group is still grossly ignorant on the topic. That's sad and outrageous, to me. How absurd! And how dangerous!

I've enjoyed asking Timothy Good some serious questions face to face. He always seemed gracious and to answer reasonably candidly. He's not one to particularly mince words nor to pander. He CERTAINLY treats the topic as very serious. I get the impression repeatedly that he's fairly disgusted with the UK government's treatment of the topic as well as that of the USA. Yet, he respects military sensitivities and priorities.

Anyway--it's a serious topic and I try to treat it seriously. Nevertheless, healthy mutually respectful fun and wit are also welcome.

Thanks again to all who bother reading my blather. Thanks much to those who have extended kind comments today. It's been a most welcome encouragement in a somewhat dry day.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by BO XIAN
reply to post by TrueBrit

imho,

DEMANDS for "proof" of such things are weary-ingly silly.

It's a bit like demanding of your boss proof that he's been having an affair with your wife. It's extremely unlikely to be delivered--particularly in a helpful, timely way.

No, it's like asking the PI you hired who claims your wife is having an affair for proof, and him having a million excuses why he can't give it up, but trust him.

That does NOT, however, mean that your boss has NOT been having an affair with your wife. There was that tell-tale number left on her cell phone. And that curious item on her credit card of her mystifying stay at Holiday Inn Express. And there was that fuzzy, distant image of her embracing that some somewhat familiar looking male that the bosses secretary emailed you. And what was that familiar after shave smell when she dropped by after lunch just after your boss also returned from lunch.

What you just described is evidence. Evidence of what is the question. So where is the UFO evidence? You use an example where there IS evidence to show why asking for evidence is stupid. Not sure if you thought that one through.

It's foolish to ignore a multiplicity of quality sources and quality information merely because SOLID, IRREFUTABLE "proof" has not been delivered on a gold tray with an inch thick pile of notorized documents verifying every particle of proof.

No one is asking for 100% proof. We (I) asked for evidence, not single shred was provided.

Murderers are convicted on far less proof.

Yes, and almost all wrongful convictions are just such cases as I proved in a previous post. Thanks for showing why a higher standard of evidence is important.

I have met Timothy Good face to face a number of times and asked him all the questions I could think of at the time. His answers have always been internally consistent; congruent; reasonably candid; carefully worded and per my psychologists' training and experience--quite honest--as far as he went.

Well I did not know you have psychologists' training! Now I suppose I have to believe. Just so we are clear I have degrees in psychology and social work, so you don't impress me with your training.

I will leave you with this, where is your evidence. Where is the "holiday inn express credit card bill"?

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 10:46 PM
link   

reply to post by magma

Nonsense.

Ockham's Razor does support the existence of UFO's far more than folks typically appealing to it in behalf of disbelief seem to be able to wrap their minds around.

Sorry, it doesn't. and It is Occam's Razor. The fact you can't spell it doesn't lend credence to your expertise in what it says.

GIVEN the massive amount of quality information from literally thousands of QUALITY SOURCES

Rather than use logical fallacies and appeal to quantity how about you show some actual evidence.

However, that they exist is no longer an issue for folks typically used to dealing with the realities most of us have to face day by day.

So your day to day realities include ET beings? Interesting psychology work.

Only the willfully blind insist that there's no wind blowing the leaves around merely because they fail to be able to capture a crystal sharp image of the wind.

So you are saying ET and their spacecraft are invisible? I am not sure what your analogy means, other than it is terrible. You are full of illogical points.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by OccamsRazor04

If you want UFO evidence, I suggest Project Blue Book.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 10:48 PM
link   

reply to post by JesusChristwins

I'm still not convinced about the hollow earth part.

However, I think the rest of your summary is reasonably accurate.

Certainly the GOOD-COP/BAD-COP strategy, meme is in play by the globalist oligarchy and the evil critters from an evil dimension.

The fact you are on the fence about a hollow earth means I should ignore all future posts I think.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 10:48 PM
link   

I forget the name of the organization . . . they have a team of quality researchers and scientific investigators . . . and IIRC now, MORE THAN 4,000 trace landing site cases. . . . where there's demonstrable physical evidence of a craft having been there.

So there's an organization, they have 4,000 sites, and you cant remember more but I should trust you, and trust them? I think I will pass.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Well, I view any alien confrontations a conceivable threat until we realize there intentions are good.
I think the author has that "Conquistadors and Inca's" mindset, which we shouldn't dismiss all too blindly.
As for evidence, well, these are the kinds of things that are hard to prove, though we can see what available data their is, like UFO landing sites with radioactive readings, eye witness reports, Abduction reports, pictures and images.
A lot of people assume that because we live in an age where everybody has a digital camera on there high speed smartphone, there shouldn't be any reason for the terrible quality of images of a UFO. That's not the case. Actually people are not really on the lookout for a UFO, "Hey babe! don't forget the camera in case we see a UFO!!!" PFFFF LMFAO, yea right. People today are so concerned with there everyday activities that when an event does happen, most of the time they will forget they even have a camera on them and by the time they do realize what's up and reach for it, its already too late. Don't be fooled into thinking otherwise, its really all about the user.
I agree with the author though, aliens could be a very serious threat, but we can assume they know about containment issues, so the whole alien viruses wouldn't really be an issue unless they make mistakes too, but that still leaves the big bad alien weaponry and that's not always good.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 12:59 AM
link   

The fact you are on the fence about a hollow earth means I should ignore all future posts I think.

But then you don't.

So, in essence, this post was nothing more than an unnecessary jab at his character.
Bravo.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by JayinAR

But then you don't.

So, in essence, this post was nothing more than an unnecessary jab at his character.
Bravo.

Yeah, now that you mentioned it, going back to his previous post, that's all I see, little jabs here and there. I wonder why? Some people need to relax, take some time off ATS and go fishing, out to eat....
I can tell you that my weakness is when people talk bad about the US, I know we are going through stuff, but man its hard to keep my composure.
These kinds of post really show this users true colors, most are red and yellow, this one is yellow and red.....
BACK TO TOPIC.
the Author is fearful, can we really blame him? perhaps he knows something we don't, we aren't always privy to information after all.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 02:50 AM
link   

But then you don't.

Bravo.

I actually posted that one first, but it did not go through and it went after I refreshed it. There is no jab at his character, only ability to sort fact from fiction. Please tell me what I said about his character?

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arnie123

But then you don't.

Bravo.

Yeah, now that you mentioned it, going back to his previous post, that's all I see, little jabs here and there. I wonder why? Some people need to relax, take some time off ATS and go fishing, out to eat....
I can tell you that my weakness is when people talk bad about the US, I know we are going through stuff, but man its hard to keep my composure.
These kinds of post really show this users true colors, most are red and yellow, this one is yellow and red.....
BACK TO TOPIC.
the Author is fearful, can we really blame him? perhaps he knows something we don't, we aren't always privy to information after all.

What jabs have I made, show them. You're the one making character jabs, not me. I have asked for evidence since the start, evidence which STILL is not presented other than claims there's a ton of it. I forgive you for your baseless character jabs that tried to derail my actual message of provide evidence you claim exists. So please, provide some.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by OccamsRazor04

No, it's like asking the PI you hired who claims your wife is having an affair for proof, and him having a million excuses why he can't give it up, but trust him.

A reasonable point.

What you just described is evidence. Evidence of what is the question. So where is the UFO evidence? You use an example where there IS evidence to show why asking for evidence is stupid. Not sure if you thought that one through

[color=6699FF]I've been writing about such things for 30 years online
. .

[color=6699FF]It is difficult to think of a single time when someone's mind has been significantly changed from piles of very clear and significant evidence cited. Typically, the evidence is discarded as weak, inadequate, whatever--when the evidence was NOT weak in the least--it was merely that the biases or their official roles were tooooo big a priority compared to the evidence. .

[color=6699FF]Insanity has been described as repeatedly doing the same thing and expecting a DIFFERENT result. .

[color=6699FF]I'm not that crazy, thank you very much. .

[color=6699FF]Folks can search DR BRUCE MACCABEE--his website, his research etc. for evidence.
Folks can search the site and organization I cited above about the more than 4,000 scientifically validated trace landing sites. .

[color=6699FF]I suspect that in both cases the wails of inadequate will scream loudly once again. Well bless my bippy. .

[color=6699FF]Those tooooooooo willfully blind; too terminally uninformed; or too DANCING WITH THE STARS brainwashed and dense to wake up and smell the brimstone can go suck rocks for all I care. The solid evidence IS readily available. The chronic 2 year old tantrums demanding CONSTANTLY MORE AND BETTER evidence become nauseatingly deplorable at some point. .

[color=6699FF]it's a farce. .

[color=6699FF]I no longer wish to play that game. I write for those for whom solid reasonable evidence is sufficient for meaningful intelligent dialogue.

No one is asking for 100% proof. We (I) asked for evidence, not single shred was provided.

UNMITIGATED BALDERDASH. I'll cite it again:

ufoevidence.org...

Physical Trace Cases

Physical trace reports were labeled Close Encounters of the Second Kind (CE-II) by J.Allen Hynek and involve instances where there was a physical interaction between the UFO and its environment. Usually these involve a landing trace, such as depressed grass or soil, but also burned or broken vegetation, residues, and more exotic traces. There are at least somewhere between 3,500 and 5,000 UFO physical trace cases.

Those who find the above evidence terminally inadequate to their sensibilities can. .

Spend a few hundred hours here:

gigi.cpsc.ucalgary.ca:2000...

and learn about loosening up their construct grid structures sufficiently to perceive and face REALITY more congruently, more accurately and more productively.

and here's a minor freebee thrown in:

www.youtube.com...

Well I did not know you have psychologists' training! Now I suppose I have to believe. Just so we are clear I have degrees in psychology and social work, so you don't impress me with your training.

Whooop T Dooo. I don't give a rip.

I did not share my PhD to impress you or anyone else. I shared it

AS A BIT OF EVIDENCE

as to HOW AND WHY I believed Timothy Good to be telling me the truth in a number of face to face dialogues.

Sheesh.

"Gimme evidence! GIMME EVIDENCE! !!!!GIMME EVIDENCE!!!!! AND I'LL TRASH EVERY BIT OF IT AS FAST AS I CAN WHILE SCREAMING FOR MORE AND BETTER EVIDENCE."

No thanks. I don't care to relentlessly play that game.

Masochistic mental masturbation is NOT a thrilling exercise to me.

edit on 23/6/2013 by BO XIAN because: trying to fix tags sigh

edit on 23/6/2013 by BO XIAN because: typo

edit on 23/6/2013 by BO XIAN because: spelling

edit on 23/6/2013 by BO XIAN because: word choice

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 03:53 AM
link   

reply to post by magma

Nonsense.

Ockham's Razor does support the existence of UFO's far more than folks typically appealing to it in behalf of disbelief seem to be able to wrap their minds around.

Sorry, it doesn't. and It is Occam's Razor. The fact you can't spell it doesn't lend credence to your expertise in what it says.

HELLO? Evidently you are UNAWARE (to put it politely) of the SOURCE of Ockham's razor:

Occam's razor - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Occam%27s_razor
Found on: Yahoo! Search

Occam's razor (also written as Ockham's razor from William of Ockham, and in Latin lex parsimoniae) is a principle of parsimony, economy, or succinctness used in ...

[color=CC9966]sooooo BY YOUR OWN STANDARD, I SHOULD THEREFORE IGNORE EVERYTHING ELSE YOU WRITE!

So your day to day realities include ET beings? Interesting psychology work.

Do you typically put words in other people's fingers and then argue with the words YOU put in THEIR fingers?

Clever.

Only the willfully blind insist that there's no wind blowing the leaves around merely because they fail to be able to capture a crystal sharp image of the wind.

So you are saying ET and their spacecraft are invisible? I am not sure what your analogy means, other than it is terrible. You are full of illogical points.

Enjoy your fantasies.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 03:56 AM
link   

What an erudite comment. What splendid intellectual cleverness. What wisdom!

Wellllllllllll, personally, I don't pretend to know it all.

I don't put much stock in the hollow earth notion. It seems absurd to me. However, I haven't done much research on it and I certainly haven't been to the poles. So I'll leave it on the shelf and see what eventually falls off.

Please feel free to continue to write from your lofty perspective. Perhaps some intellectual serfs will grovelingly bother to read your golden gems.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 03:58 AM
link   

So there's an organization, they have 4,000 sites, and you cant remember more but I should trust you, and trust them? I think I will pass.

Please try to keep up.

I think I've posted the link and a brief quote 2-3 times on this thread by now.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 04:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arnie123
Well, I view any alien confrontations a conceivable threat until we realize there intentions are good.

There is considerable evidence indicating that their intentions are far from good. Even their "good" treatments of their abductees come across as the good we'd do a calf we were treating as we reared it to butcher for dinner.

I think the author has that "Conquistadors and Inca's" mindset, which we shouldn't dismiss all too blindly.

I don't think that's my mindset.

My mind set comes from looking at thousands of puzzle pieces and filtering out, sorting out as much as possible about their character, nature, values, memes, goals, origins etc. Evil does not beget good. Good does not beget evil.

As for evidence, well, these are the kinds of things that are hard to prove, though we can see what available data their is, like UFO landing sites with radioactive readings, eye witness reports, Abduction reports, pictures and images.

YUP . . . and a LOT more besides.

www.stanromanek.com...

provides a wealth of data from his life alone . . . including the sample of the house siding that I examined with my own eyes and hands.

A lot of people assume that because we live in an age where everybody has a digital camera on there high speed smartphone, there shouldn't be any reason for the terrible quality of images of a UFO. That's not the case. Actually people are not really on the lookout for a UFO, "Hey babe! don't forget the camera in case we see a UFO!!!" PFFFF LMFAO, yea right. People today are so concerned with there everyday activities that when an event does happen, most of the time they will forget they even have a camera on them and by the time they do realize what's up and reach for it, its already too late. Don't be fooled into thinking otherwise, its really all about the user.

There are lots of reasons the camera claim is mostly bogus. Regardless, the photos HAVE been improving with the technology AND WITH THE CRITTERS incremental presenting of themselves and their craft in easier and clearer and more daylight venues for easier photographing as the months go by.

I agree with the author though, aliens could be a very serious threat, but we can assume they know about containment issues, so the whole alien viruses wouldn't really be an issue unless they make mistakes too, but that still leaves the big bad alien weaponry and that's not always good.

Thanks for your wisdom and civility. You are a credit to the thread; to the topic and to ATS.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 04:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Arnie123

I don't know if I'd describe myself as fearful, per se.

I'm extremely concerned that many folks are deluded and will end up devastated because of their lack of awareness.

I trust that God will honor HIS WORD and protect those who walk with Him, worship Him, Love Him . . . whether by supernatural protection here; some sort of Rapture event and/or martyrdom.

Eternal Life with God is worth it all.

Which is why I am as concerned as I am about the UFO stuff. I believe it will delude and cheat millions out of ETERNAL LIFE.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 04:31 AM
link   
Question regarding Stan Romaneck. He apparently has "alien knowledge" that comes out under hypnosis and he performs complex math equations. He claims his math skills are at a 4th grade level and he has no clue what the symbols mean. If "Aliens" are putting information in his mind why does he draw human math symbols? Why isn't he using Alien symbols and Alien numbers?

Edit: And to add to that why are the equations he writes ones available online and all already solved? Everything about him reeks of dishonesty.
edit on 23-6-2013 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join