Russell Brand on MSNBC Mocking Media through intellectual comedy

page: 1
21
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   
This is simply brilliant. I've never been a fan of this guy. But have just watched this clip (only a day or so old, and 2,818,202 views already) and I actually found this hilarious.


 
EDIT:
Please see added context here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...
 


I think he has just literally hit the nail on the head and too few people are realizing how profound what he just did is. I think this interview will be interpreted differently from numerous perspectives.

He wasn't trying to be funny. He was being completely serious and the anchors were too dumb to acknowledge any of it so they just laughed at him. I think the news anchor realized how poignant his points were about half way through, and got nervous. Typical American media. After this, I'm keeping an eye open for when he's on tour.

I say fair play to the anchor to say that she contributes to a fair amount of national psychosis and mental illness, that was certainly encouraging, whilst her later nervous breakdown after admitting this was not. At least she finished by laughing with Brand. Also Russel pointing out that the people by the computers were not even at the keyboards but were in fact chatting to each other behind the chairs staring at MSN screen savers was rather amusing. Look at how important they try to look after he points this out
edit on 19-6-2013 by ZeuZZ because: (no reason given)
edit on 19-6-2013 by spacedoubt because: Fix Typo in Headline
edit on Thu Jun 27 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: edit per OP request




posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   
It's like watching a bunch of primates see fire for the first time.



posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Ahh damn you managed to post this before I reached 20 posts.

I applaud Brand for his performance in this video. I'm surprised he didn't start yelling, he kept his cool. We need more celebrities like him to come out and speak out against this tyrannical government. Give praise to the whistleblowers.



posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I dont think the news hosts are used to guests acting like a real person. It's almost hilariously awkward.



posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   
sorry, this was posted yesterday by Swills iirc

ETA: Russel Brand on MSNBC mocking media

splendid clip though... he aint so funny when i've seen him do stand up though, he's much funnier in the studio ripping folk to their faces etc
edit on 19-6-2013 by skalla because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   
You think that's funny, watch this..... Westbro Baptist Church..meet Russell!




edit on 19/6/13 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeuZZ
 


I love Russell....He is very funny! His movies are great (minus Arthur) and this is just more of the same for me!! I wish more celebrities would step up like this.....I love seeing media get bashed by someone famous!!

Great find!!



posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   
so that is where the trippy psychedelic chump went

we havnt seen him in the UK for a while

good luck ever interviewing this guy...

he has no respect for authority...and lacks decency on live TV.

hes always a handfull..and jeopardises the host/platform

hes a confrontationist... and loves it


just had to give you lot a heads up

peace
edit on 19-6-2013 by thePharaoh because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by thePharaoh


he has no respect for authority...and lacks decency on live TV.

hes always a handfull..and jeopardises the host/platform

hes a confrontationist... and loves it


It would have been a lot easier if you had just said he is a typical Brit.



posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by thePharaoh
so that is where the trippy psychedelic chump went


That'll always get a few stars on ATS where conversation about anything to do with this is banned. Congrats.



posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   
In just a few hours this has shot from 2 million views to 3,577,135. This is going to be massive.



posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by woogleuk
You think that's funny, watch this..... Westbro Baptist Church..meet Russell!




edit on 19/6/13 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)


Now that was equally hilarious!



posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeuZZ

Originally posted by thePharaoh
so that is where the trippy psychedelic chump went


That'll always get a few stars on ATS where conversation about anything to do with this is banned. Congrats.


?? what

sorry i was busy "shaft grasping"



posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by thePharaoh


That'll always get a few stars on ATS where conversation about anything to do with this is banned. Congrats.


?? what

sorry i was busy "shaft grasping"


Fair play, nothing beats a shaft beat


Especially with that context of delivery.
edit on 19-6-2013 by ZeuZZ because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Deja vu with this thread (3rd time posted)...anyhose he is the dude



posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by thePharaoh
so that is where the trippy psychedelic chump went

we havnt seen him in the UK for a while

good luck ever interviewing this guy...

he has no respect for authority...and lacks decency on live TV.

hes always a handfull..and jeopardises the host/platform

hes a confrontationist... and loves it


just had to give you lot a heads up

peace
edit on 19-6-2013 by thePharaoh because: (no reason given)


A "heads up"?


Americans know full well about Russell Brand and his style.



posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chamberf=6
A "heads up"?


Americans know full well about Russell Brand and his style.


chamberf=6 ....long time

though that comment wasnt worth putting your coffee down for..lol

enjoy him...
edit on 19-6-2013 by thePharaoh because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   
dbl post

so heres a joke

when can you shout at a midget?

A: When he is standing next to your girlfriend saying her hair smells nice
edit on 19-6-2013 by thePharaoh because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by thePharaoh
 

um..
yours was?



...And worth a double post??
edit on 6/19/2013 by Chamberf=6 because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chamberf=6
reply to post by thePharaoh
 

um..
yours was?



...And worth a double post??
edit on 6/19/2013 by Chamberf=6 because: (no reason given)


haha

lets share a coffee and discuss russell brand unleashed in america





top topics
 
21
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join