It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russell Brand on MSNBC Mocking Media through intellectual comedy

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by gps777

Originally posted by PheonixReborn
You have never met the man. I have.

I used to work for the BBC as a manager and was witness to the most egotistical, self-centered, nasty, obnoxious, bullying rant I have ever heard from an artist before or since. That person was Russell Brand.

He puts on a public persona which appeals to the dim-witted.

I would have thought that people on a conspiracy site like ATS would be aware when they are being b*llsh*tt*d,

Apparently not.

Like I said... I've met him. You haven't.

Anyone reading the thread heard you the first time, so I don`t know why you think it important to keep repeating yourself.

Are we all just supposed to rely on your judgement of another from your own perspective on what may or may not have happened?

Richard Hammond is a baby eating shape shifting reptilian dwarf under lord I saw it, if you don`t believe me your all sucked in by him, you bunch of dim witted BS swallowing idiots, I`m shocked and appalled ATS members are falling for it.

Maybe ATS members will and have come to their own opinion and not be swayed by mere hearsay and if we all did get to witness what you claim I guarantee all our opinions would vary anyway.

But hey that's just my opinion bobbing around in the sea of opinions.

Believe what you want.

I've explained my opinion.

Take it or leave it.
edit on 26/6/2013 by PheonixReborn because: Typo

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 02:20 AM
link   
reply to post by ZeuZZ

I dont think the news hosts are used to guests acting like a real person. It's almost hilariously awkward.

It's most defiantly hilariously awkward! I love him, great post!

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Knobby
You'vr got to wonder how he got a visa to the US, he's been in a few scraped with the law in his time.

Other addicts, like Pete Doherty and Amy Winehouse, were refused entry because of their criminal past.

I can only think that most of his crimes were time spent.

He has spoken about this, he said he was allowed in due to his lawyers making a convincing case, passing all drug tests, and the fact that he made the customs officers laugh by being humerus, respectful and courteous to them.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Believe what you want.

I've explained my opinion.

Take it or leave it.

I'll leave it thanks, since you have no actually explained why you have this opinion exactly.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 10:51 PM
link   
This thread has been quite a journey for me, I started it off by not really liking the man, and now im fully converted. This man is a genius.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Hmm this gets far more interesting when you learn who the woman anchors father is and the fact that Brand would have likely researched this before the interview. Zbigniew Brzezinski served as United States National Security Advisor to President Jimmy Carter from 1977 to 1981.

en.wikipedia.org...

Brzezinski, known for his hardline policies on the Soviet Union, initiated in 1979 a campaign supporting mujaheddin in Pakistan and Afghanistan, which was run by Pakistani security services with financial support from the Central Intelligence Agency and Britain's MI6.[31] This policy had the explicit aim of promoting radical Islamist and anti-Communist forces.

We immediately launched a twofold process when we heard that the Soviets had entered Afghanistan. The first involved direct reactions and sanctions focused on the Soviet Union, and both the State Department and the National Security Council prepared long lists of sanctions to be adopted, of steps to be taken to increase the international costs to the Soviet Union of their actions. And the second course of action led to my going to Pakistan a month or so after the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan, for the purpose of coordinating with the Pakistanis a joint response, the purpose of which would be to make the Soviets bleed for as much and as long as is possible; and we engaged in that effort in a collaborative sense with the Saudis, the Egyptians, the British, the Chinese, and we started providing weapons to the Mujaheddin, from various sources again – for example, some Soviet arms from the Egyptians and the Chinese. We even got Soviet arms from the Czechoslovak communist government, since it was obviously susceptible to material incentives; and at some point we started buying arms for the Mujaheddin from the Soviet army in Afghanistan, because that army was increasingly corrupt.[32]

The supplying of billions of dollars in arms to the Afghan mujahideen militants was one of the CIA's longest and most expensive covert operations.[33] The CIA provided assistance to the insurgents through the Pakistani secret services, Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI), in a program called Operation Cyclone. At least 3 billion in U.S. dollars were funneled into the country to train and equip troops with weapons. Together with similar programs by Saudi Arabia, Britain's MI6 and SAS, Egypt, Iran, and the People's Republic of China,[34] the arms included Stinger missiles, shoulder-fired, antiaircraft weapons that they used against Soviet helicopters. Pakistan's secret service, Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI), was used as an intermediary for most of these activities to disguise the sources of support for the resistance.

Basically this guy is seriously powerful and involved with all sorts of political warmongering (thus no doubt corporations) dressed up in a cultural veil as publicly respectable positions to take. That wikipedia page is a quagmire of good positions and totally corrupt positions.

Thus Russells comment "why are you nervous love? Your a powerful woman, you have a lovely job" takes on a rather more meaningful meaning! She's probably been put in the media by her fathers political influence, and is why she got nervous when he started mocking the superficiality of the show.

Very interesting.

The wikipedia page also gives a rather blunt and amuzing summary of what happened:

en.wikipedia.org...

Russell Brand incident on Morning Joe, June 17, 2013

Comedian Russell Brand was invited to appear on MSNBC's Morning Joe breakfast TV show, hosted by Brzezinski and two co-hosts, Katty Kay and Brian Shactman, ostensibly to talk about his world comedy tour Messiah Complex. In the interview, Brzezinski and her co-hosts were openly rude to Brand — mocking his accent, being poorly researched (Brzezinski later pretended she hadn't heard of Brand) and talking about him in the third person. Following the interview's broadcast, the clip went viral, obliging Brzezinski to address the incident. She said “People come in here one after the other. I know Ratner, I know Andy, I didn’t know Russell. I don’t think Russell liked that. I’ve never gotten more vitriol and anger and hatred than I’ve gotten over this, so I apologize for not knowing.” Brzezinski went on to say that it had been “a long day.” She skirted over why he was continually talked about in the third person and did not apologize for doing so.

edit on 9-7-2013 by ZeuZZ because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join