It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russell Brand on MSNBC Mocking Media through intellectual comedy

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by thePharaoh

Originally posted by Chamberf=6
reply to post by thePharaoh

um..
yours was?

...And worth a double post??
edit on 6/19/2013 by Chamberf=6 because: (no reason given)

haha

lets share a coffee and discuss russell brand unleashed in america

Caffeine is bad for your heart.

Just sayin

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Chamberf=6

His UK career was going down the tubes after sachsgate...not funny and not clever to leave a series of calls on an 80 year olds phone claiming to have had sex with his grand-daughter.

He picked the wrong pensioner...no-one messes with Manuel!

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by thePharaoh

reply to post by thePharaoh

um..
yours was?

...And worth a double post??
edit on 6/19/2013 by Chamberf=6 because: (no reason given)

haha

lets share a coffee and discuss russell brand unleashed in america

You do realize that just because my avatar has a coffe sitting in front of him, it doesn't mean that I am not always drinking coffee right/

Just like your avatar doesn't mean you are a pharaoh...oh wait, I forgot you think you are a "resurrected pharaoh".

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Knobby

no-one messes with Manuel!

Basil did......

I forgot about that, him and Jonathan Ross stepped over a line there I think.

Speaking of Mr Ross, I'll never forget the day he had John Virgo on his show and introduced him as "the worldwide ranking champion".....I still laugh to this day about that. (for those who don't know, Jonathan Ross has a lisp, he pronounces R's as W's)

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   

His UK career was going down the tubes after sachsgate...not funny and not clever to leave a series of calls on an 80 year olds phone claiming to have had sex with his grand-daughter.

He picked the wrong pensioner...no-one messes with Manuel!

Agreed manuel is not to be messed with, I loved faulty towers, but it noteworthy that the fictional character "Manuel" did not actually care about it after the media ran away with the story and went on a demon hunt, sacking one of the BBCs best known comedians, Ross, for something that was a spur of the moment one off gag.

See this interview between the duo for the low down.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeuZZ

"People whos icons are used to designate meanings perhaps not in the manner they intended"...

social manipulation..

PREFERS DIRECT EXPOSURE AS OPPOSED TO CONTROLLED FORMULATED exposure

HE WAS ACTIVATING THE COMPLEX ON THE DIRECT TV broadcast

1 thinks 1 understands he
sorta soul/aura exposure related

Keep up the good work Russell Brand
interesting mass approach.

NAMASTE*******

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeuZZ

I seriously love that man. He is a genius and makes every person he talks to look like an idiot if they are trying to get the upper hand. It's like watching Bill O'Reilly with a scientist.

I love how he was totally serious but they all just thought it was his charm making them laugh when it was really nervous laughter. I also enjoy watching him with well-meaning people because he never makes them look stupid because his persona is truly one of good intentions. He is like the embodiment of Aikido when he's talking to these people.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

He may be a genius, obviously very clever and manipulative.

But on one hand he is offended at not being called by his first name...then he is accusing a female presenter of jacking off a water bottle.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   

reply to post by Cuervo

He may be a genius, obviously very clever and manipulative.

But on one hand he is offended at not being called by his first name...then he is accusing a female presenter of jacking off a water bottle.

I think you missed something there. He called them out for rudeness because they are news anchors who initially looked down upon him from a superior position. The gestures she was making with the bottle was brought to attention for the same reason. "Look, this woman who clearly thinks she is better than me and can't even remember my name is sitting there, absently doing something completely crude".

They couldn't remember his name, they commented on his clothing and accent, and they weren't even trying to grasp his point. The only difference in their jabs at him and his jabs at them is that they anchors weren't charming or funny. And they deserved it. It was part of the point.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   
ah I remember Russell Brand from years an years ago, one of his first tv presenting jobs was presenting music videos on 'MTV select' . I used to watch it all the time, then Russell came to do the show live in an Osama Bin Laden costume the day after september 11. He got fired for that pretty quickly! he also had his drug dealer with him in the studio.
edit on 19-6-2013 by Lady_Tuatha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   
He's been to see David Icke I think.

He's also on BBC's Question time tomorrow (20th June).

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   
this bloke rocks

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeuZZ

Russell Brand for the head of the 6 o' clock news!

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cuervo
reply to post by ZeuZZ

I seriously love that man. He is a genius and makes every person he talks to look like an idiot if they are trying to get the upper hand. It's like watching Bill O'Reilly with a scientist.

I love how he was totally serious but they all just thought it was his charm making them laugh when it was really nervous laughter. I also enjoy watching him with well-meaning people because he never makes them look stupid because his persona is truly one of good intentions. He is like the embodiment of Aikido when he's talking to these people.

This is the genius of the man. Make people look foolish by being charming ... it's an extremely rare and talented gift that requires the right amount of sarcasm, empathy and politeness. I'd just come across rude, but he still comes across as funny, even though the points he makes during are unbelievably pertinent.

He got john snow (a highly respected UK news anchor) to compare him to jesus in this interview [im not exaggerating this, watch it]. And he ran linguistic rings round Jeremy Paxman in this interview. Paxman ends up looking dazed by the end. And paxman is the main BBC news-night reporter, you don't get much higher up in the media than that.
edit on 19-6-2013 by ZeuZZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 05:53 PM
link   
russell brand has alot of experiance on live tv
namely as a presenter of BBLB everynight..

live... he is VERY difficult to control
because he thrives on confrontation.

haha

Just like your avatar doesn't mean you are a pharaoh...oh wait, I forgot you think you are a "resurrected pharaoh".

oww the chamber is open

the eternal ba is always with someone, somewhere.

I AM THE GREAT HOUSE
I AM PHARAOH

edit on 19-6-2013 by thePharaoh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

To be honest, I don't think the interview is much of a deal. I don't think the presenters are being intentionally rude.
And Brand is doing his job by 'roasting' the presenters, althought they do seem to be an easy target.

What I would like to see is Russell Brand V Alex Jones.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Knobby

Russell Brand V Alex Jones?

They would have to record it in stereo so you could listen to one on one channel and the other on the other channel otherwise all you will end up with is a complete mess of a shouty noise.

Russell is cool though, Alex is just a gobby la'l muppet that needs sectioned.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 06:31 PM
link   
I've met him.

He's not a very nice person off-camera.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by PheonixReborn
I've met him.

He's not a very nice person off-camera.

How do you know?

Anyway ...

"I'm not Michael Howard calm down Jeremy"

Wittiest comment ever to have been made in front of Paxman!

www.youtube.com...

edit on 19-6-2013 by ZeuZZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Thats was one of the funniest things ive seen for ages, thanks for posting that

Im not a huge Brand fan but he really put them in their places.

edit on 19-6-2013 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join