It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russell Brand on MSNBC Mocking Media through intellectual comedy

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeuZZ
How do you know?

Did you not read the bit where I said "I've met him"?

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by woogleuk
reply to post by Knobby

Russell Brand V Alex Jones?

They would have to record it in stereo so you could listen to one on one channel and the other on the other channel otherwise all you will end up with is a complete mess of a shouty noise.

Russell is cool though, Alex is just a gobby la'l muppet that needs sectioned.

XD dam id pay to see that. Im betting Alex would have a stroke.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 05:15 AM
link   
He's a bigger moron than I thought. At least the media act the part - he IS the part.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 06:13 AM
link   
reply to post by ZeuZZ

And this, ladies and gentlemen, is why us Brits can come over there with a basic education and wipe the floor with so many Americans.

I don't mean for that to be insulting, but I think even most Americans here would agree that the majority of your media personalities are so idiotic and ignorant it actually doesn't take a whole lot to destroy the image.

I'm not kidding, all it takes is a little more intelligence, a good mix of comprehension, truth and individuality. American TV has become so fake and watered-down any confident and intelligent man like Brand can tear down the facade within seconds and turn all those self-important dipsh*ts into quivering wrecks.

This was amazing to watch. Thanks for sharing it.

edit on 20-6-2013 by Rocker2013 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 07:03 AM
link   
I love Russel Brand. He's a genius with something to say. He just does it in an unconventional style.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Gamma MO

Id go more with an a-hole with a huge ego and large vocabulary. But he can still be funny from time to time.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by ZeuZZ

[color=gold] As some cannot SEE even how Russell Brand was not being rude but trying to SHARE awakened abilities within himself that OTHERS may / do ALSO possess [color=gold] when Consciously unblocked. This is why 1 appreciated the display of the Consciousness he shared for he was not rude and egotistical like warlock with power...

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rocker2013
reply to post by ZeuZZ

And this, ladies and gentlemen, is why us Brits can come over there with a basic education and wipe the floor with so many Americans.

I don't mean for that to be insulting, but I think even most Americans here would agree that the majority of your media personalities are so idiotic and ignorant it actually doesn't take a whole lot to destroy the image.

I'm not kidding, all it takes is a little more intelligence, a good mix of comprehension, truth and individuality. American TV has become so fake and watered-down any confident and intelligent man like Brand can tear down the facade within seconds and turn all those self-important dipsh*ts into quivering wrecks.

This was amazing to watch. Thanks for sharing it.

wipe the floor?....most of our brilliant, quick-witted (news/opinion) people have been fired for expressing themselves contrary to the beliefs of what the "owners" of that particular media corporation deem "appropriate"...Russell brand doesn't have to answer to, or have his livelihood be dependent on an "owner"...I've seen brit TV, and there is plenty of ignorance, and idiotic chatter on it, to challenge your premise. with that said, comedy has always been populated with poignant truths throughout history. maybe a more apt comparison would be Russell brand to George carlin.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   
What's all the fuss about? He didn't wipe the floor with anybody, or expose anything.

And calling him a genius? Perhaps a little over the top.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Seems Russell Brand is doing this in a number of different settings:

I guess it just seems a bit like a soft target to attack week day show presenters who read off prompts, need research done for them, have prewritten material, and are in a morning timeslot. They're expecting people who want to hit their talking points, sell their material, and cut to commercial; they're on five days a week, why would you expect an indepth philosophical debate with them?

As far as Mika goes, I don't watch MSNBC, but I know that she is not a fan of pop culture reporting. The comment at the opening wasn't directed at Brand in a particularly exclusive way.

I don't like sound-byte morning shows, I respect that Russell Brand appears to want a serious conversation, but I'm sure he could have asked his agent to tell people this in advance?

Is a little like a drunk showing up to an AA meeting and becoming enraged at the lack of Jack Daniels honestly.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I didn't think the middle east would have been a good idea.

Russell Brand cancels Middle East gigs

Still, he's going to be on Question time tonight on BBC1, that should be good for a laugh, Boris is on it as well.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx
wipe the floor?....most of our brilliant, quick-witted (news/opinion) people have been fired for expressing themselves contrary to the beliefs of what the "owners" of that particular media corporation deem "appropriate"...Russell brand doesn't have to answer to, or have his livelihood be dependent on an "owner"...

I agree, but that comes with the support of the viewers. If there wasn't a willing audience for BS TV, it wouldn't exists and you wouldn't be up to your necks in complete trash 24/7.

Regardless of that, Russell challenged expectation, misbehaved, and put on a good show while exposing the BS for what it was and the presenters for what they are too - shallow, empty talking heads.

Originally posted by jimmyx
I've seen brit TV, and there is plenty of ignorance, and idiotic chatter on it, to challenge your premise. with that said, comedy has always been populated with poignant truths throughout history. maybe a more apt comparison would be Russell brand to George carlin.

Yep, we've got some real rubbish, nothing on a par with Honey Boo Boo and the Kardashians though. We have the same rubbish "soaps" and the same "talent" crap too, but we also have documentaries every week on our terrestrial channels, we have real political comedy that challenges, with "10 O'clock Live" on Channel 4, we have Question Time on the BBC, we have real investigative journalism too.

When was the last time you saw a US broadcaster presenting any real journalistic investigation?

Yeah you might have some of that in the US, but it's not mainstream, it's not supported by the public in any real way as far as I can see. Even with the massive population difference, the UK still has more creative, intelligent, confrontational TV than the USA. If you don't think so, there's no point debating with you because you're in denial.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   
That was funny.

Looks like mainstream, middle of the road America 'news' reporters just had their 'we are too middle class to laugh' cages rattled, ''omg let's look shocked and mock his appearance like he's an alien before we become social pariahs for talking to a freak show'' ick.

RB gets mixed reactions here in the UK, I think he's mostly funny, and intelligent, and love how he doesn't take being talked down to for not fitting some suburbanite stereotype.

Even Courtney Love is talking about RB's ''MSNBC takedown''.
flavorwire.com... =facebook&utm_medium=flavorwire&utm_campaign=standard-post

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply topost by Knobby

Watched a bit of this, he was obviously not too confrontational.
Think he missed the biggest debate on Muslims (shi'a?) pushing for Apocalypse / Second Coming which to me surely ties in with his dates being cancelled and a messiah complex in general.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by guidetube
reply topost by Knobby

Watched a bit of this, he was obviously not too confrontational.
Think he missed the biggest debate on Muslims (shi'a?) pushing for Apocalypse / Second Coming which to me surely ties in with his dates being cancelled and a messiah complex in general.

I thought Brand would have been a bit more outspoken, but that Melanie Phillips really did take the buscuit. She would have been well recieved in this sites WWIII forum...what a total nutjob

What was a nice touch was at the end credits Brand looked as if he was walking off to talk to members of the audience.

On a different note, to think that Tessa Jowell was a high ranking Minister in the last Government...her performance was pathetic.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by guidetube

Do you mean tonight on Question Time, if you do, he was ok, at least he had a few things to say, Melanie Philips is pretty good with insight, though whoever the politician guy was, you could see the bottle of snake oil peeking out from under his old school tie.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by theabsolutetruth
reply to post by guidetube

Do you mean tonight on Question Time, if you do, he was ok, at least he had a few things to say, Melanie Philips is pretty good with insight, though whoever the politician guy was, you could see the bottle of snake oil peeking out from under his old school tie.

If you are talking about the lib dem cabinet member, I loved the way that he stumbled about the fact that the PM was trying to bluff the Syrian Government

...then let the cat out of the bag on live TV

...on one of the Worlds biggest broadcasters

...what a trumpet

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Knobby

A lot of politicians are by their very nature, unlikely to look anything other than suited fluffers fumbling to remember the 'party line' de jour when in the midst of real intelligent minds.

I kind of liked that RB was 'brave' enough to laugh at some of the comments.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by thePharaoh

I AM THE GREAT HOUSE
I AM PHARAOH

I AM PHARAOH - RESSURECTED.

Sure, sure.

Now why would anyone question that?

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Cool for calling them out on their horrible show but he came off bad too. His body language was one thing. The instant flirting he did at the first is another. Neither side of this should be commended, honestly. He hit a few stereotypical "get-the-non-mainstreamers-on-my-side" points and look here, it seems to have worked.

As for the "lol Americans" vs "snotty British" rhetoric this has spawned, stop it right now. You're just dividing people more. Stereotypes need to die now more than ever.
edit on 6/20/2013 by ThePawnsTheory because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join