It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AP report: Commander in Nazi SS-led unit living in Minnesota

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

minnesota.publicradio.org...
edit on 14-6-2013 by StoutBroux because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   
James Holmes may onoe live to be 80 years old. Should we let him out of prison? All the documentation shows that

Evidence uncovered by AP indicates that Ukrainian Self Defense Legion commander Michael Karkoc's unit was in the area at the time of the massacre. (AP Photo/Efrem Lukatsky) (Efrem Lukatsky/AP)

He burned people alive.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Openeye
reply to post by buster2010

Well for the sake of argument, if he did command a unit that committed war crimes does it matter how long ago it occurred? Is there a statute of limitations on genocide?
I agree...and if your family perished in the holocaust, would you be inclined to forgive and forget or demand accountability from those involved.

Sends a pretty good message to today's war criminals, too.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Seems like these hunters want to punish these guys before natural causes takes them out of their reach. Again.... revenge.

If the accusations against him are true and he is guilty of ordering the deaths of civilians. Should not some justice be rendered?

I do not believe he should be executed, but he should stand accountable for any crimes he committed. The evidence should be presented in a court and his guilt confirmed or disproved.

Just because he is an old man does not exonerate him from serious crimes he may of committed in the past. This is true of Nazis, or any person of any group or nationality.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Openeye

Seems like these hunters want to punish these guys before natural causes takes them out of their reach. Again.... revenge.

If the accusations against him are true and he is guilty of ordering the deaths of civilians. Should not some justice be rendered?

Read the source material. These people can be charged if they were in a position of command whether or not they committed any war crimes. Justice is served by committing people by proxy? That's not justice.

@ Stout. You still haven't answered my questions. A pic doesn't do it.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by StoutBroux
James Holmes may onoe live to be 80 years old. Should we let him out of prison? All the documentation shows that

Evidence uncovered by AP indicates that Ukrainian Self Defense Legion commander Michael Karkoc's unit was in the area at the time of the massacre. (AP Photo/Efrem Lukatsky) (Efrem Lukatsky/AP)

He burned people alive.

How many women, children, handicapped, mentally challenged, etc did Truman incinerate at Hiroshima and Nagasaki? I'd wager much more than 61. It was war. Are we going to castigate that president?

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Deport him for lying!!!

Nuff said.
edit on 14-6-2013 by relocator because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Call it revenge if you want. If my family had of been killed by that Nazi monster; I would want justice.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

Originally posted by StoutBroux

He burned people alive.

How many women, children, handicapped, mentally challenged, etc did Truman incinerate at Hiroshima and Nagasaki? I'd wager much more than 61. It was war. Are we going to castigate that president?

Had Truman ordered the murder of innocents at the hands of the allied occupation forces in Japan you would have a point, however....

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Drunkenparrot
Had Truman ordered the murder of innocents at the hands of the allied occupation forces in Japan you would have a point, however....

I miss your point. He ordered the bombings. People are talking about dead relatives, most that would never have been know to them anyway. So why are the deaths of SO many Japanese:

Within the first two to four months of the bombings, the acute effects killed 90,000–166,000 people in Hiroshima and 60,000–80,000 in Nagasaki, with roughly half of the deaths in each city occurring on the first day.

en.wikipedia.org...

...not prosecuted while the deaths of 61 are?

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by olaru12
Call it revenge if you want. If my family had of been killed by that Nazi monster; I would want justice.

Fortunately the native Americans don't feel the same way.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 07:20 PM
link   
This is advertising for anti-semitism in my opinion.

Who cares what these men did in their 20's when they followed direct orders from their superiors?

Maybe we should arrest the last 4 presidents who ordered village bombings where innocent civilians were murders?

The world we live in is as backwards as the world we all wished we lived in.

The only good news that came from this post of mine is that it came on FRIDAY! Yay! Happy weekend.

AAC

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

This reply is shortsighted. I supposed you condone terrorism then, right? Because most of those terrorist were created when their family was innocently murdered by western bombs.

Does anyone not think in the big picture?

AAC

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 07:23 PM
link   

I finally scrolled down enough to see sensible replies on this thread. Well done.

AAC

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 07:45 PM
link   

We don't need to go that far, Remember Iraq Fallujah, yes we can see the side effects of weapons of mass destruction this days that the US used in that area, the children of Iraqs future.

Let no forget the hundred of thousand innocents that died in Iraq US war of liberation.

Who is prosecuting Iraqs genocide? People sometimes tend to be narrow minded when they forget that wars does causes genocides but it depends who is the ones responsible.

This Nazi SS-led unit living in Minnesota has been allowed to roam free in the US and now we have to believe that is because he was off the radar.

Yeah I am supposed to believe that.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Always someone.. You guys always bring that up but never mention Pearl Harbor

But it is totally irrelevant because you are comparing it to an act of war , and what the Nazis did to the jews was not an act of war it was genocide..

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Dang Intrepid this thread reads like you are defending the nazis just to get a dig in on the US.

Surprising for a supermod

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by goou111

No, genocides happen whenever large quantities of human beings are decimated, it doesn't matter if is war or extermination.

Even before the Jews were been exterminated by the Nazis is been more genocides before that and after that, and still ongoing in todays world.

The problem is that the United Nations refrain themselves into naming what could be considered a genocide from a conflict, due to obvious reasons and those reasons are base on who are the nations involved.

Kind of hypocritical.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

Originally posted by olaru12

Fortunately the native Americans don't feel the same way.

I don't think you know how the First Nation or Native American people feel. If you lived among the Pueblo people as I do; you might be surprised at the methods our Native American people obtain justice and revenge.

I too am amazed at you defending nazi killers.
edit on 14-6-2013 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

Rubbish, hang him high. Nazi scum!

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join