It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Zimmerman Trial

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

No, Casey Anthony did not take the stand, however, in the weeks leading up to this trial, Zimmerman allegedly insisted that he would be taking the stand. Whether it pans out that way or not remains to be seen. If he does not take the stand, this case wil be hard to impossible to win. If he does, they run risks. It depends on if Zimmerman remains as stubborn as he has been in the past.

It is always best to follow the rule of law, the prosecution must prove guilt by a preponderance of the evidence. A shadow of a doubt, or beyond a shadow of a doubt are terms that, though explained by law, are largely open to the jurors interpretation, and how they play out behind those closed doors.

I do not doubt that Miss De De will be home tweeting and texting her butt off tonight. She was too busy trying to be cute during the prosecutions questioning, then turned hostile, controlling, and rude with the defense. Whether she is bipolar, has a split personality, or the defense was simply able to get her to show some true colors is unknown. It was truly amazing. I am certain that, though we could not see the jurors faces, their frustration had to match, or surpass, that of the judge with this witness.

I will be quite interested, once this trial is over, to hear from the jurors. Anonymous or not, you know some will come forward.

edit on 27-6-2013 by Libertygal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by conspiracy nut

I asked you to name those inconsistencies. Don't send me to a blog, just tell me here for everyone.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 01:45 AM
link   

No.. they won't put him on the stand because that's just not done. It's not a fact they will rip him to shreds, it's just not generally done if it can be avoided. In this case the star witness for the prosecution is so unreliable and made so many lies that they have no reason to consider putting him up there. Prosecutions case is SO weak.

Also your example isn't an inconsistency. Maybe you aren't familiar with the context but saying "(do) you got a problem" is an intimidation method and george didn't really have a problem with Martin he was just curious what he was doing roaming around in the rain looking at houses when there had been so many breakins recently and he wasn't a someone that usually lives there.

So that is a very weak argument. Also when someone is moving towards you saying "you got a problem" your best answer is "no" to try to avoid a fight. Unfortunately Trayvon was a thug and had his mind set to throw a punch no matter what Zimmerman said. If he said "yes I have a problem" then likely it would have been a fight. He was trying to diffuse a situation that was deteriorating rapidly.
edit on 27-6-2013 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 01:52 AM
link   
reply to post by PLASIFISK

Wrong. He was looking for him after he ran, was told there was no need, was on his way back to his truck when Trayvon found him, attacked George, and while screaming for help and being beat shot Trayvon. Most likely scenario with absolutely no evidence to the contrary with the exception of a star witness that basically admitted she made up her statements today. I really wont be surprised if it's thrown out (which is should be). When the star witness for the prosecution lies on the stand it should be straight up mistrial.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

She did not.
That was a great trial, and despite the general consensus I think she recieved justice.

And that doesn't have anything to do with her being the same age as me and being super fine : P

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 01:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Libertygal

I thought witnesses were sequestered and not allowed to tweet? I really can't wait to see it tomorrow.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 01:57 AM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

Exactly. The case is all circumstantial evidence, aside from the material evidence of the gunshot which supports Zimmerman, and the photos of his face. Also, the image posted in this thread of Trayvon shows grass stained knees. Interesting. I noticed no one remarked on that.

People do know, I hope, that regardless of what position Zimmerman left Martin in, he would be left on his back after rescusitation attempts. Note the medical glove next to his body. EMS left his body in that final position, that is not necessarily indicative of how Zimmerman left him.

The witnesses, at this point, are the only thing the prosecution has, and they are dropping like flies.

It will likely turn out like the Anthony trial, simply not enough evidence, either way. I don't think a lot of people liked the Anthony decision, but it certainly restored my faith, to a degree in a system of a jury by peers. It was the prosecution that erred in that case, not the jury.

The prosecution is failing here, as well. It is hard to imagine them eeking out a win from this without something amazing happening. After seeing testimony today, I will admit I will be surprised if they get a conviction, even on lesser charges.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 02:02 AM
link   

I thought so too, but then, why did they voice concern as to whether she would show up or not? Perhaps it is jurors that are sequestered? Not witnesses? Always during a trial, witnesses are told to not discuss the trial with anyone, but they do anyway. She has been something of a rebel, as has been displayed in her past, now deleted tweets.

ETA Yes, just the jury is sequestered, we should check her twitter feed.

edit on 27-6-2013 by Libertygal because: ETA

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow

I asked you to name those inconsistencies. Don't send me to a blog, just tell me here for everyone.

i posted a google page filled with links for you to read, the orlando sentinel has several articles detailing george zimmermans inconsistencies. did you even bother clicking on the link i posted?

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by watchitburn
reply to post by WonderBoi

I think that when everyone heard that a young unarmed black kid got shot by a guy named George Zimmerman, the left wingers jumped out in front of it calling racism on the assumption that Zimmerman was a white guy.

When it turned out Zimmerman is Hispanic, and Martin was a little gangbanger dope dealer wanna be. It was too late to back out of the circus, without looking like double standard scum. So now the media is stuck running with it.

I find the whole thing hilarious, regardless of what the outcome ends up.

Just my 2 cents.
edit on 11-6-2013 by watchitburn because: (no reason given)
Now I see why God made Heavens Gate TO KEEP certain people out ,and a hell to throw people in...It’s just well deserved.

edit on 27-6-2013 by IamJewish because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 02:22 AM
link   

No.. they won't put him on the stand because that's just not done. It's not a fact they will rip him to shreds, it's just not generally done if it can be avoided. In this case the star witness for the prosecution is so unreliable and made so many lies that they have no reason to consider putting him up there. Prosecutions case is SO weak.

Also your example isn't an inconsistency. Maybe you aren't familiar with the context but saying "(do) you got a problem" is an intimidation method and george didn't really have a problem with Martin he was just curious what he was doing roaming around in the rain looking at houses when there had been so many breakins recently and he wasn't a someone that usually lives there.

So that is a very weak argument. Also when someone is moving towards you saying "you got a problem" your best answer is "no" to try to avoid a fight. Unfortunately Trayvon was a thug and had his mind set to throw a punch no matter what Zimmerman said. If he said "yes I have a problem" then likely it would have been a fight. He was trying to diffuse a situation that was deteriorating rapidly.

i didnt say that was one of the inconsistencies in his story, i just thought it was very interesting.
if george was the head of the neighborhood watch or whatever he thought he was why didn't he identify himself?
why didn't he tell trayvon the cops were on their way?

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 02:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by conspiracy nut

i posted a google page filled with links for you to read, the orlando sentinel has several articles detailing george zimmermans inconsistencies. did you even bother clicking on the link i posted?

here ya go from the very first link from a simple google search

george zimmermans inconsistent statements

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Libertygal

Exactly. The case is all circumstantial evidence, aside from the material evidence of the gunshot which supports Zimmerman, and the photos of his face. Also, the image posted in this thread of Trayvon shows grass stained knees. Interesting. I noticed no one remarked on that.

Where are these pics of grass-stained knees? Remember, Trayvon was mounted astride Zimmerman's waist for 30+ seconds, so they are going to be quite distinctive. 158lbs pressing down against a resisting 200lb on wet grass is going to leave significant evidence of such activities, so the defence should have a field day with such pics.
edit on 27-6-2013 by IvanAstikov because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 04:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow Also when someone is moving towards you saying "you got a problem" your best answer is "no" to try to avoid a fight. Unfortunately Trayvon was a thug and had his mind set to throw a punch no matter what Zimmerman said. If he said "yes I have a problem" then likely it would have been a fight. He was trying to diffuse a situation that was deteriorating rapidly.

No, if someone has asked you if you have a problem, who you've just been keeping an eye on for the last few minutes, and then starts moving towards you, the best response a sober and rational person could do is to back away from the potential threat, NOT take your eyes off them cpmpletely while you stand stock still and fumble for your phone.

It's almost as if George had no idea what to do when he was kindly given a warning of his impending ass-beating, despite having spent the previous 18mth visiting a high level fighting gym.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 05:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by GrantedBail
Sounds pretty honest to me. And he is a "creepy-ass cracker".

So ... Zimmerman describes Martin as 'black' to the dispatch and he's supposedly a racist for saying that. But it' is okay for Martin to use racial slurs when describing Zimmerman.
Geeeze .. double standard much? Give the racist teenage punk a pass ... but slam the adult hispanic guy for saying the word 'black' when describing Martin.

And you see nothing wrong with that? Really?

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 05:30 AM
link   

He was right by the door to his father's girlfriend's town home.

The map shown during the trial showed that he was not 'right by the door' but was two buildings away.
Here is a map of the route and scene

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Because as I stated up thread he will get what is coming to him, one way or another; it's coming. Can't wait to read about it in the press when it happens.

:shk: Grab the torches and pitchforks mentality. It doesn't matter if Zimemrman is innocent or guilty ... you can't wait until street justice gets him. You are looking forward to it. Lovely.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 05:50 AM
link   
reply to post by IvanAstikov

Page 8 of this thread, let me see if I can link the post from my phone.

Poster was Wonderboi, perhaps halfway down the page, you can clearly see stained knees, particulay his left knee, closest to the camera, on Martin's kaki colored pants.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

If the lighting weren't so bright, it would be even more obvious.

The clothing will be produced as evidence in the trial, they also took Zimmermans' clothing, he telephoned his wife to bring him something to wear.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 06:02 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Remarks like, "I think it is hilarious" and "I will be back posting in the thread when the guilty verdict is read" are clearly from people that have an agenda, and nothing more. Justice takes a sideseat with some people, where with others, they are able to see this is no laughing matter, regardless of which "side" you are on.

This trial has ramifications that many are blind to, no matter the outcome. It is sad that people have fanned the flames over this due to their own needs for satisfaction, vindication, revenge, or whatever reason they might have, even the need to be "right".

Sadly, when all the laughing, cajoling, rioting, wasp nest poking, or whatever else is yet to come, the rest of responsible society will be left to attempt to pick up the pieces. And there will be pieces, whole communities are already fractured by this event and trial, and it isn't over yet.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 06:03 AM
link   

reply to post by PLASIFISK

Wrong. He was looking for him after he ran, was told there was no need, was on his way back to his truck when Trayvon found him, attacked George, and while screaming for help and being beat shot Trayvon. Most likely scenario with absolutely no evidence to the contrary with the exception of a star witness that basically admitted she made up her statements today. I really wont be surprised if it's thrown out (which is should be). When the star witness for the prosecution lies on the stand it should be straight up mistrial.

Where do you get that Zimmerman was on his way back to his truck, apart from his own testimony? You seem eager to believe whatever might exonerate Zimmerman but as soon as any evidence comes to light that incriminates him it's "circumstantial", "unclear" etc.

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join