It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Zimmerman Trial

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by PLASIFISK

Correction. One witness decided that after they saw a picture of George on TV. Both had made that determination at a later time. Their statements at the time were that they couldn’t tell. It was too dark to see, in their own words on the 911 calls.

So sure they said that but it doesn’t matter because it goes against their initial statements.

That part was in the cross examination.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grimpachi

Correction. One witness decided that after they saw a picture of George on TV. Both had made that determination at a later time. Their statements at the time were that they couldn’t tell. It was too dark to see, in their own words on the 911 calls.

So sure they said that but it doesn’t matter because it goes against their initial statements.

That part was in the cross examination.

Yeah. I just saw that also. ( rewinded it ).

Next few days will be quite interesting.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 09:57 PM
link   

I think so as well. I have never really followed a court case before so I have been surprised about how this hasn’t been as boring as I thought it would be.

Side note I think one of the witnesses that claimed she saw Zim on top also claimed she heard 3 shots. Anyway the lady who said she thought it was Martins voice yelling was defiantly the same woman who claimed she heard three shots so I don’t think her statements about what she heard will be taken too seriously.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 10:03 PM
link   

You forgot that Martin attacked Zimmerman. Zimmerman didn't really follow Martin considering he had lost track of him and was trying to find sight of him again (that's not following, that's searching for) when Martin attacked him. So you mean anyone could kill anyone if the followed that person and then that person attacked them. Biased buddy.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

She was the neighbor that was out to get Zimmerman. Several of the witnesses have been shown as biased by statements they made after the event or by having joined pro Martin facebook pages. There was a really liberal woman that was a neighbor and called it in. She couldn't possibly know who was yelling.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow

You forgot that Martin attacked Zimmerman. Zimmerman didn't really follow Martin considering he had lost track of him and was trying to find sight of him again (that's not following, that's searching for) when Martin attacked him. So you mean anyone could kill anyone if the followed that person and then that person attacked them. Biased buddy.

Uhhhh.. Zimmerman said he was following Martin.

Biased buddy.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 10:46 PM
link   

I think so as well. I have never really followed a court case before so I have been surprised about how this hasn’t been as boring as I thought it would be.

Side note I think one of the witnesses that claimed she saw Zim on top also claimed she heard 3 shots. Anyway the lady who said she thought it was Martins voice yelling was defiantly the same woman who claimed she heard three shots so I don’t think her statements about what she heard will be taken too seriously.

I think in the end it will come down to how believable Zimmerman is to the jury with his accounts of that night.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

She also lied again today, "I don't watch the news," yet goes on to quote Anderson Cooper.

At one point, the defense attorney paused and stood there silently, letting her just talk.

"You can go. You can go. You can go now."

He said sometimes it takes a little while to think of a question in response.

In reality, he was letting hsr show her butt in front of the jury, which she did succinctly. Don't think the attitude change from her meek, shy answers the prosecution had to lead out of her at the beginning, to the hostile, controlling personality she took with the defense went unnoticed. Certainly no trouble hearing her then, was there?

Furthermore, Trayvons' father was miserable during her testimony. He hung his head and was looking at their attorneys with a pleading look of desperation in his eyes, begging them to get her off the stand.

The n word and cracker comment about Zimmerman sure revealed a lot more than mom and dad wanted to get out, and the scrubbing of her twitter page is revealing. Good thing it was all archived.

They said they may have to issue a bench warrant tomorrow. She was very unhappy to find out she had to come back. We shall have to wait and see. In the end, though, it looks like someone told her she best tell the truth, because everything from her age to her relationship was a lie so far.

edit on 26-6-2013 by Libertygal because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-6-2013 by Libertygal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 11:13 PM
link   

how do you know that martin attacked zimmerman? you are taking zimmermans word for it?

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 11:19 PM
link   

I don’t know about that. If his attorneys do their job he shouldn’t have to take the stand. Most cases the defense tries to keep their client from taking the stand. (The site I was on had a legal analyst explaining things and answering questions.) If he takes the stand it will be a last ditch effort by his legal team. All they have to do is make sure the jury has reasonable doubt about this and so far I think they are doing a good job of doing that.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 11:23 PM
link   

I don’t know about that. If his attorneys do their job he shouldn’t have to take the stand. Most cases the defense tries to keep their client from taking the stand. (The site I was on had a legal analyst explaining things and answering questions.) If he takes the stand it will be a last ditch effort by his legal team. All they have to do is make sure the jury has reasonable doubt about this and so far I think they are doing a good job of doing that.

That's true. I think his lawyers have their # together. I would be very surprised if Zimmerman went on the stand.

Lol....lawyers though...,. They can make te devil out to be an angel.

Gotta love them and hate them. Depending on the situation.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by conspiracy nut

how do you know that martin attacked zimmerman? you are taking zimmermans word for it?

Why would Zimmerman lie?!?! It's not like he killed a person! Lol

Innocent or not. I would expect the same from anyone in his shoes.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Now that is true.
on all accounts.

His lawyers do seem like they know what they are doing here. I had doubts at first but the way they turned the two witnesses Monday erased my doubts.

When you think of the trial in legal terms of just reasonable doubt I really do not see the state wining this. Honestly it seems like the state is just going through the motions to appease the public on this. At least that’s how it seems to me.

I have no doubts that if this hadn’t have gone national on the MSM they wouldn’t have had a trial.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by dragonridr

but because the mom card is going
to be played. Hes got an all female jury with a female judge

This has nothing to do with anything.

There were women in the Casey Anthony trial, and she was aquitted.

You are denigrating women by using statements like that, implying that they have no common sense, cannot think logically, and only respond emotionally.

I know this is what some people are hoping and thinking, but we are going to actually have that type of thinking here?

While some people disagree emotionally with the Casey Anthony trial decision, and everyone has their personal opinion, the jury did the only thing they could by way of the law due to lack of evidence, and that was to aquit.

The same thing is likely in this trial, as the witnesses are either being discreditted, or discreditting themselves by differing testimony from their statements to the trial. For instance, the woman who said the bigger person was on the top, yet when challenged as to whom was the bigger person, had to admit she really didn't know. She 'assumed' it was Zimmerman, due to the images of him at 12 the media has used to portray him as a "child".

It is a discredit to all women to 'assume' they will find Zimmerman guilty because they have kids.

Shame on anyone who supports this train of thought.

edit on 27-6-2013 by Libertygal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 11:42 PM
link   

He was looking for him. He may have said that, but he lost track of him after he started running. Zimmerman was walking through the walkways keeping his eyes peeled, but he didn't know where Martin was. Then walking on his way back to his car Martin came out from where he had run and started the confrontation.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Libertygal

Exactly. The prosecutor stood up and said he wanted to continue today because he wanted to do some damage control so the jury wouldn't be thinking of her performance with the defense all night. Also it means another day of the defense with her tomorrow, so two assured bad days with a loose cannon on the stand risking their whole case.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by conspiracy nut

Evidence suggests it. There is no evidence to the contrary.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 11:55 PM
link   

reply to post by conspiracy nut

Evidence suggests it. There is no evidence to the contrary.

you have been discrediting all the witnesses, yet it is george zimmerman who has had all the inconsistencies in his version of events. there is no way they will put george on the witness stand because they know the prosecution would rip his testimony to shreds. in fact even if they don't put him on the stand the prosecution will still destroy his statements on record. one question i have is that according to zimmerman, trayvon asked george if he had a problem to which george answered no, george did have a problem though, trayvon was his problem and he thought trayvon was suspicious so why didn't george say so?

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 11:57 PM
link   

He was looking for him. He may have said that, but he lost track of him after he started running. Zimmerman was walking through the walkways keeping his eyes peeled, but he didn't know where Martin was. Then walking on his way back to his car Martin came out from where he had run and started the confrontation.

Ohhhhhh I see....

He wasn't following him, he was looking for him. But! He lost track of him after he started running.

Thanks for clearing that up.

You might wanna give George a call and let him know the difference between following someone and looking for someone.

He seems to believe he was following him, lost him, found him, fought him, then killed him.

Not saying anything bad about the sequence.

Just saying that much is pretty much agreed apron from both parties.

Except you.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Did Casey Anthony take the stand at her trial? I didn’t follow it so I don’t know.

A good lawyer will keep you from testifying is what I have been told. Some have said this case will run for the next three weeks. I know they have on the ledger over 200 witnesses but they probably will not call them all.

I will be surprised if his mom takes the stand because on cross TMs history of violence at school will be brought up and the reason why she sent him to his dad. I think for some of the same reasons they will try not to call his dad to the stand.

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join