It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alex Jones has Lost 'Professionalism'

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by AlexanderDeLarge

Well, I never took him serious. Alex Jones attracts a large crowed of irrational people who agree with him because how he market himself Alex Jones knows that regardless his supporters will always respect for him because he knows how to conduct himself as a victim.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sankari
In an insane world, a sane man looks sane. In a sane world, an insane man looks insane...

It's: "In an insane world, a sane man looks insane". Exactly.
(www.alienexperience.com... or www.wrongplanet.net... or www.highexistence.com...)
edit on 10-6-2013 by giugliot because: spelling

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Phoenix267

So, you agree with the outcome predicted...??? I could never get into AJ. My father is all about him, and I just laugh every time he wants to show me a video with AJ in it...I always think back to this vid...

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by giugliot

Originally posted by Sankari
In an insane world, a sane man looks sane. In a sane world, an insane man looks insane...

It's: "In an insane world, a sane man looks insane". Exactly.
(www.alienexperience.com... or www.wrongplanet.net... or www.highexistence.com...)
edit on 10-6-2013 by giugliot because: spelling

That's the quote, yes. I was commenting on the reality.

In an insane world, a sane man only looks insane to insane people.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Thing is he can dish it out but can not take it.
Just look what happened at that rally, one man calls him out and that man gets bundled away by Alex Jones staff.
Pfft hypocrite.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

I never heard about this. But I agree with you. Alex Jones is like many Americans is that he very boastful of his arrogance. He cannot accept constructive criticism because it would clash with his fantasy of the world.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Don't care for Jones one way or the other, but the little piece at the beginning of the interview trying to discredit the meeting seemed weird. If I didn't believe Bilderberg was up to something before, that intro sure made me think twice.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Giant pedophile armys with massive robots!!!! holy moly Batman...

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Star and flag - Absolutely couldn't agree more!

Its people like Alex jones that stops me from speaking openly about my alternative views. He has just sent the "conspiracy theorist" back to the dark ages again.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by mekhanics

How can you lose something you never even had in the first place?

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   
To be fair on Alex there was not much counter arguments going on, the whole thing seemed centered around him instead of the Bilderberg which I guess is something we all should expect by now. I don't like Alex but this does seem like a propaganda piece to taint the image of conspiracy theorists, even down the the shots of crazy people in the crowds.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phoenix267

Well, I never took him serious. Alex Jones attracts a large crowed of irrational people who agree with him because how he market himself Alex Jones knows that regardless his supporters will always respect for him because he knows how to conduct himself as a victim.

I love when people assume, & we all know what assume really means right? In any case, you're assumptions are just you're uniformed opinion. You know nothing about his world wide audience but ill give you a bone and say Jones has as many irrational fans as ATS does because if any population has been accused of having irrational people its the conspriracy circles. That said, would you call Billy Corgan, of Smashing Pumpkins, irrational? Or how about Steve Pieczenik, of the CFR (amongst other things), irrational as well?

It really is a shame a conspiracy website will so easily trash a fellow CT. Bloody shame.

Well played BBC, the MSM wins again.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Swills

I would have to respectfully disagree. Yes, it's my opinion. But from what I have seen of Alex Jones. A majority of his supports just seem very gullible to me. Just voicing my own two cents.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Swills

It really is a shame a conspiracy website will so easily trash a fellow CT. Bloody shame.

Well played BBC, the MSM wins again.

I was thinking the same thing when I logged in to find 2 mega-threads saying basically the same thing; both bashing AJ.

Makes me wonder how many on here are playing for the other team.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Of course you disagree but as I've said, you know nothing of his audience and are basing an opinion of them purely on your dislike of Alex Jones.

Just sayin....

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Swills

Well, I do not hate him. But I do dislike him.
Alex Jones is too outta control for me to take him serious.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by wasaka

Not everyone has to be articulate and rational when discussing these subjects on a three minute fake news show

I don't see how its a "fake news show".

call it entertainment, call it outrageous, but don't call it boring or unprofessional.

It can be entertaining, true. It's clearly outrageous; boring? Not quite - I'd prefer the word "uncomfortable". And it is DEFINITELY, without a doubt, unprofessional.

I think you greatly underestimate the mindset of the average person. BBC, CNN, etc, is the news their generally accustomed to. The world we live in requires something called "decor" - it works, it enables conversation. Conversely, Alex forgoes the whole "respect" approach and just shouts down his opponents with his hickish texas accent. It's not only unprofessional and seemingly undeserved (and what seems to be the case, when its being targeted at viewers, is what matters), but exceedingly annoying.

Whatever paradigm Alex Jones subscribes to, I can assure you, the these sorts of antics are going to create more enemies rather than generate interest.

And one more thing, as to Alex's worldview. The people who subscribe to it, in general, aren't very critical thinkers, aren't very good at exercising what Karl Popper calls scientific defalsification. You just take what he says, and go with it, as if his word were infallible, tantamount to the oracle at delphi.

You'd be surprised, after just a bit of research, after just reading a dozen or so books on political philosophy, political science, psychology, (and manifold other subjects) how far more complicated the world is than the simplistic scenario Alex tries to sell to his viewers.

Most obviously, the premise itself, that a bunch of human beings are conspiring - and agreeing on a general direction - is hard to stomach. Take the APA (american psychiatric association). Alex likes to bewail the "agenda" to medicate the entire population to create some sort of mutant subclass, autistic like and servile. At the same time, Alex treats the European Union as one step towards that goal - at least on a political level. Yet, the BPA (British Psychiatric Association) has condemned the APA for rendering diagnoses for normal behavior. Here we have one large psychiatric association, led by different principles and a different nosology, criticizing it's American counterpart for an agenda it deems extreme and dangerous for society. How do you square this information with Alex weltanschaung? If there were some massive conspiracy - as Alex struggles to convince his listerners - why do we have the supposed "barons" of this movement (psychiatrists), disagreeing with each other? As if, they were humans, subject to different feelings about things?

In fact, the APA does what it does, in all probability, not because it is following some nefarious eugenic agenda, but because the APA, like any other corporation, has a business to run. The DSM (diagnostic and statistical manual for mental disorders) is it's cash cow. Insurance companies use the DSM as the basis for covering patients mental health bills. Some disorders, such as bipolar, major depression, autism, receive full support. When a psychiatrist writes a diagnosis for BD (bipolar disorder), they get a royalty from the pharmaceutical company. So there you have it. On one side, you have the protocol of insurance companies, and on the other, a wagging carrot from pharmaceutical companies. Psychiatrists feel compelled by the allure of an extra 50-100 thousand a year to dish out meds to their patients. It is, undoubtedly, an evil relationship, spearheaded mostly by the unscrupulous pharmaceutical companies. Something should definitely be done about this. And if recent trends are an indication (lowering APA membership, for example, as well as reduced APA revenues), perhaps more psychiatrists are coming to their senses.

In short, the world is a complicated place. There are innumerable factors interacting with each other. Philosophies differ, worldviews differ, politics differ. Between all these differences and mental dissonance, it strains credulity to think there could be a powerful cartel pulling the strings in all these disparate and motley spheres of activity.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

My friend, Mr. Seabag, good to see you drop by!

I too was a little annoyed to see yet the same thread again posted and not locked while receiving many flags. Funny to see no one on ATS discussing Bilderberg at all but instead bashing Jones and defending the BBC. Are we in bizzarro world?

Definitely a sad couple of days in this conspiracy circle.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   

I would have to respectfully disagree. Yes, it's my opinion. But from what I have seen of Alex Jones. A majority of his supports just seem very gullible to me. Just voicing my own two cents.

You’re entitled to your opinion. I happen to think people who gobble up the MSM narrative are the truly gullible among us. Just my $.02.

If we're ever going to expose what's going on we need people like AJ who aren't afraid to go off! For that I applaud him!

The interview was a setup and it didn't go the way they intended....that's what we saw.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   

I never said you hated him, I said say you disliked him but that was never my issue. Dislike him all you want, I don't care, but don't go around calling his audience irrational just because you dislike him.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join