It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Imagining Obama's Apology to Bush

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 05:03 PM
link   
This is Great,,, Can you even imagine what would happen in the Senate or better yet, The look on Pelosi's face

Here it is, An Imagined Letter From One President to Another.

The Honorable George W. Bush
Former President
Crawford, Texas

Dear George, I use George instead of president because, well, Michelle tells me that it is confusing for me as the president to call another person president. I think you understand this a lot better than Bill that you can only have one president at a time.

Also, I am sending this letter to Crawford instead of Dallas because I read recently you were mountain biking at your ranch (that reminds me I need to start looking into where I am going to live after I am done here, and I promise I won't be moving to Texas because who knows when that will turn blue).

For starters, I wanted to say it was great seeing you at your presidential library opening. What a great event, and please tell your dad hi for me. He is a great guy, and I love that your mom said the country doesn't need any more Bushes. I think that will be true about Obamas, especially after this last couple of weeks. I feel like you must have felt before you left office.

And now for the purpose of this letter (I know you are rolling your eyes and saying, "just get to the point," but you know me: I can be a little long-winded at times): I wanted to say I am sorry.
I am sorry that, as a United States senator and presidential candidate, I was critical of you about so many things I now, myself, am doing.
I am sorry about saying Guantanamo would be closed immediately and it was a blight on America. It is still wide open for business.
I am sorry for criticizing you and your administration for intrusions on American's privacy and invasions into personal liberties. My NSA took what you did and put it on steroids.
I am sorry for criticizing the way you waged the war on terror. I have personally approved a number of drone strikes and actually have said it is OK to kill an American on foreign soil without due process. I know you are probably saying, "Aren't you the expert on the Constitution?" but, as you know, being president is hard work.

And, by the way, between you and me, I know your vice president was probably upset my administration got Osama Bin Laden (I get the sense he might have some anger issues and I sure wish he would have kept quiet like you have), but it was really thanks to you and my continuation of your national security policies.

I am sorry for all my overheated rhetoric about your administration not being transparent and saying my administration would be the most transparent in history and most open to the media. Boy, was I off on that one, and certain reporters at the Associated Press and Fox News don't seem to understand why we might put them under secret scrutiny.
Well, George, that is probably all you have time for, and I hope you accept my apology. You can take heart that, even though I am a Democrat, I decided to keep going nearly all your vision and plans on national security and even take it to all-new levels.

One day, I hope someone can follow a path as president that doesn't constantly use the ends to justify the means, but that is going to take a leader strong enough to be more compassionate and follow the principles of your and my buddy JC. Can you believe his "love your enemies" line??? With our luck, it will probably be a woman who finally does that as president.
Take care, and hope you will stay quiet until I leave office because Bill never stops talking. Sincerely, Barack Obama

P.S. You will be happy to know The New York Times is now attacking me for all the same stuff I attacked you on. Crazy.

abcnews.go.com...

edit on 8-6-2013 by guohua because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-6-2013 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Great idea but zero chance of anything like it happening

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by guohua

That about covers it alright. Point by point and a regular 'Oops, I did that?' of his high points.

I think we'll all just come to call these the Buama years, as a collective screw up for America to have endured by some future point.

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Dear Leader getting ready to write the letter.

Poster child for 2 month presidential term limits
edit on 8-6-2013 by whywhynot because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I think we'll all just come to call these the Buama years

Yes the Don-Buama years, Chicago thugs in Our White House.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by guohua

This is funny, I heard Obama on the radio telling us all not to worry,
no one is listening to our phone calls. He then basically blamed Bush
for everything that is happening, and pronounced himself different because
he was at least discussing it. Well, the kicker is we would not be discussing it
if it were not for the leaks, and now they are going after the leakers with criminal
charges. Oh, the hypocrisy!

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships
reply to post by guohua

This is funny, I heard Obama on the radio telling us all not to worry,
no one is listening to our phone calls. He then basically blamed Bush
for everything that is happening, and pronounced himself different because
he was at least discussing it. Well, the kicker is we would not be discussing it
if it were not for the leaks, and now they are going after the leakers with criminal
charges. Oh, the hypocrisy!

Indeed!
Don Obama the candidate, in 2007, said there would be no more secrets...
Today, he is going after the whistleblower that released the info on their unconstitutional program!

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 05:43 AM
link   
reply to post by guohua

Thanks for posting this.
I realize it is an opinion piece, but the fact that ABC News has it up tells me the honeymoon must be over for them, anyway.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Bush and Obama should apologize to the countries they were instrumental in the bombing of.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Yeah, this is amusing. What isn't amusing is the fact that the man should be supplicating himself to the American people, on his knees, apologizing for the goddamned disasterpiece he's presiding over. But no, instead we get deflection, excuse after damned excuse, and a bunch of meaningless nothing mumbled by a buffoon who has zero business holding office. How many breaches of trust, violations of rights, and fire sales of our future prosperity will it take before America finds it's testicles again and says "enough?"

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
reply to post by guohua

Thanks for posting this.
I realize it is an opinion piece, but the fact that ABC News has it up tells me the honeymoon must be over for them, anyway.

My friend You're Very Welcome!!
Yes, I think you may be right, they may be finally opening their eyes.
Every reporter should have been issued at the beginning of Don-Buama's first 4 year term his or her's own:

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I can imagine the Conservative establishments apology to Obama

Dear Obama,

Sorry we are mad at you, for things we supported for eight years.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by burdman30ott6
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Yeah, this is amusing. What isn't amusing is the fact that the man should be supplicating himself to the American people, on his knees, apologizing for the goddamned disasterpiece he's presiding over. But no, instead we get deflection, excuse after damned excuse, and a bunch of meaningless nothing mumbled by a buffoon who has zero business holding office. How many breaches of trust, violations of rights, and fire sales of our future prosperity will it take before America finds it's testicles again and says "enough?"

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

burdman30ott6, Every thing you stated above is Correct,,,BUT,,, The media, had Don-Buama's back and willfully swallowed and regurgitated every little lie, the new outlets that questioned or even hinted there may be more to the story or Hey, America, you're not getting the Whole Truth,,,, They were said to be, for entertainment news only and reported only right wing nut job slanted stories.
By a lot of ATS members too, still today they rant about some new sources we use, As Not Being A Real News Source.Source.
No the Real News Outlets that support Don Buama allowed and supported his use of the Famous and Overly Used:

This piece I seen posted by ABC News,, shocked me and I had to start a thread.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   
My what a difference a few years can make.

Hypocrisy thy name is obama.
edit on 9-6-2013 by Carreau because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

This is funny, I heard Obama on the radio telling us all not to worry, no one is listening to our phone calls.

Yes, That's Very True.... Then the Head Cop, Mr. Holder,,, Who Don Obuama appointed to that postition does this:

Justice Department Fights Release of Secret Court Opinion Finding Unconstitutional Surveillance

www.motherjones.com...

Can't you just see all the Transparency in Don Obuamas Administration?
Just So Open and Honest,,,
No,,, It's Bushes Fault!!!!

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by hamburgerler
I can imagine the Conservative establishments apology to Obama

Dear Obama,

Sorry we are mad at you, for things we supported for eight years.

That would be twelve years....8 years Bush, 4 years Obama.
And they are still up there defending this NSA bs.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by guohua

You know, lets just hope this all comes back to bit them in the rear.
So many lies they all tell, how do they keep track of it!

++Little Black Book Of Lies++

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships
reply to post by guohua

You know, lets just hope this all comes back to bit them in the rear.
So many lies they all tell, how do they keep track of it!

I don't think this Administration is a

I Think It's a HUGE, THINK Black Book!!!

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   
S&F for entertainment.

I don't think Obama has the guts to openly admit he is wrong and apologize...

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 09:45 PM
link   

“This Administration also puts forward a false choice between the liberties we cherish and the security we demand… That means no more illegal wire-tapping of American citizens. No more national security letters to spy on citizens who are not suspected of a crime. No more tracking citizens who do nothing more than protest a misguided war. No more ignoring the law when it is inconvenient. That is not who we are. And it is not what is necessary to defeat the terrorists… We will again set an example for the world that the law is not subject to the whims of stubborn rulers, and that justice is not arbitrary.”

obama 2007

The juicy part starts at 2:16

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join