It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman attempting to live on nothing but water and sunlight for 6 months

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Miracula

And E for "easy".

All of the above?

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Made me think of this video.

How long until she considers eating herself?

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Vasa Croe

Sungazing with burnt pictures are not in allignment. You sungaze for the first 30 minutes after dawn or 30 minutes before sunset, when there is zero UV rays! The rest of the time, avoiding between 10-3 say, you tilt your head up and get the sun in the corner of your eye, and switch sides. Ideally your feet are bare (I stood on towels near the tree in the winter when there was snow, with boots nearby).

The UV rays in the sun, the kind that sunblock normally blocks, the B kind, are crucial for immune system and health. They let UV A alot, the dangerous kinds.

You don't ruin your skin or body sungazing! You become healthier!

Also, the studies down on relationships between cancer, and occupation found some unusual results!!!!

Australian lifeguards have the lowest rates of cancer!!!! Sun is good for you!!!

In BC, Canada, the Cancer studies were expecting to find higher levels of cancer when studying outdoor workers. What was discovered, was a strong opposite result, for they had the lowest rates of cancer.

I did research for this on my thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...
Sungazing For Mind/Body/Soul Safely!

Sungazing documentary part 1 of 2

I don't believe she will give up food safely for 6 months, however, she may find herself shedding weight a little faster! And having less of an appetite, that is somewhat common.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 09:36 PM
link   
I'd so love to see her allow herself to be scientifically monitored.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Invasion of the Body Snatchers...alien plant people

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 09:58 PM
link   
The body is perfectly capable of going six months without food as long as it is functioning properly. After three days the body actually starts to repair itself. Fasting for six months will burn about fifty pounds of body fat.

If a person drinks too much water during this time, the person will lose a lot of minerals though and that can cause problems. I wouldn't take on a fast like this unless I had eaten natural foods for a couple of years before though. Some of the chemicals in food can lock the fat cells. You also need brown fat to do this, it is the fat that metabolizes the regular fat.

If our body is working right, it can recycle almost everything. Humans have gone long periods without food in the past. This doesn't work well if a person is working hard though, there would be a shortage of necessary repair materials and the energy needed would deplete the fat quicker. The brain is not as efficient when burning ketones either and one small part of the brain requires glucose. I'm not sure exactly what this section of brain does though. We can still operate at a reduced mental function and limited expenditures of energy though.

Not everyone has this ability though, someone with little body fat and small muscles would not live long.

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 02:18 AM
link   

one small part of the brain requires glucose

You wouldn't know what part of the brain that is, would you? I've never heard that before and I'm truly curious.

Pineal gland, maybe?

Interesting in any event. There's a lot of disinformation in this thread. She's already gone about 30 days and you can tell from the videos, she's doing fine. Religious texts talk about people doing 30 days, 40 days in the desert presumably with little to eat or drink; they had what they termed 'visions' or meeting with gods or whatever, but if you have never experienced nondiabetic ketosis, you're missing something utterly fascinating. The brain on ketones is a whole 'nuther thing entirely. It's a very clean high, for lack of a better description. To say that you change your vibrations to a higher frequency would not be lying. Makes it near impossible to ever eat murdered flesh again, AKA meat.

She's not that overweight and I don't think she can last six months but she can probably do two without too much trouble. There's a lot of interstitial (stored between muscle fibers) and between-organ fat on most 65 year olds and she'll burn fat long before much muscle gets tapped. The three-squares-a-day meme is a very recent idea in human history. And you really don't need much in the way of vitamins during a fast; they're co-enzymes used to help utilize the incoming food; without the food, the vitamins are not needed. The body will very carefully recycle all the burnt cellular tissue she's autolyzing. The minerals and protein will be recycled. Hopefully she lives in a place where she has access to relatively highly mineralized spring water and not tap water which is damn near poison these days.

She states on her Facebook page she'll stop if she feels she is not 'thriving' which is a realistic approach to take although the 6 month idea is not realistic at her start weight.

I actually applaud this as a spiritual quest. She'll learn a lot about herself in the process that those who eat almost constantly will never learn.

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 03:34 AM
link   
can someone figure the results for her experiment for me please

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 03:36 AM
link   
how possible is this?

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 03:39 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 03:41 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 03:42 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 03:42 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 03:45 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 03:46 AM
link   
in the bible context she can do it

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 03:47 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 03:51 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 03:51 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 04:29 AM
link   
Maybe she's the Dragon Warrior

The legend of the dragon warrior

Master Tigress, the leader of the Furious Five, shared a small piece of the legend behind the Dragon Warrior in the first Kung Fu Panda, saying that the warrior could "survive for months at a time on nothing but the dew of a single ginkgo leaf and the energy of the universe". It is unknown where this piece of the legend originated from, but Po heavily disagreed when he was told this, saying "[he]'ll need a lot more than dew and . . . 'universe juice'".

But seriously, I think she should be monitored medically during her attempt.

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 04:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Vasa Croe

the way u talk is really disguting (ignorant) there a sctientifically known cases of yogis who can live without food

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join