It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman attempting to live on nothing but water and sunlight for 6 months

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   
The only thing she will get is some vitamin D and a dose of cancer...

Seriously some people...

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by DaRAGE

There have been survival cases after an earthquake where people were rescued after many weeks. Also it all depends on how much extra calories/fat has been stored in the body
Its a good way to burn it off. Similar to what many amphibians/mammals/reptiles/insects do through hibernation. It isn't impossible but it requires practice to slow down the breathing to the minimal while fasting.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   
this could explain why many people in Arizona are obese.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Inedia (Latin: "fasting") is the alleged ability to live without food.
The word was first used to describe a fast-based lifestyle within Catholic tradition, which holds that certain saints were able to survive for extended periods of time without food or drink other than the Eucharist. [citation needed]

who supplied this link?

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by tinhattribunal

Came from wikipedia. I think I posted that in one of the earlier posts.

And yeah....I think I could survive if we had Eucharist every other day or so....

edit on 6/7/13 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Well considering thoughts shape reality and atoms are 99% empty, it doesn't seem that implausible.

Check out this monk. Surely he should be riving around in pain.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by tinhattribunal
this could explain why many people in Arizona are obese.
Thats the old school and belief system....be able to survive during drought seasons
Nothing's wrong in that IMO

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Well she will die well before the 6 months are out and will also damage herself/metabolism well before that also. Why are people so stupid?
edit on 7-6-2013 by Tiger5 because: typo

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Tiger5

Very well might be the case. But never know.

Not sure how accurate the below link is. I'm assuming it is still missing significant number of folks from around the world.

Longest_Survivors

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I would love to see her reaction when she hears about a little thing called "Starving to death."

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by IntoxicatingMadness

That will never happen.....unless the sun burns out. Then what will they do?

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   
About two or three weeks after she starts this new way of life, I predict she will be given the Darwin Award.
I've seen some interesting stuff on ATS, but this is the first sunlight/water diet I've seen ....

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Anyone ever see a runway model lately?

That's pretty much proof you can live without food or much of anything really.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by hp1229

..all depends on how much extra calories/fat has been stored in the body Its a good way to burn it off

Ok.. im not sure if your were joking but, if someone is into building muscle and burning calories, they would read into what not eating can cause, yes fat loss is one thing, among muscle mass, trust me, muscle mass is not a good thing to loose, its hard to build basic muscle mass, without the muscle mass and muscle fibers, your bones are nothing but toothpicks.

Many trainers advice you to not do full cardio for this purpose... best workout in order to lose weight is 50% cardio, 50% weight lifting because during cardio you will lose muscle and fat, weight lifting kinda helps restore muscle and also protein food while weight lifting.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
About two or three weeks after she starts this new way of life, I predict she will be given the Darwin Award.
I've seen some interesting stuff on ATS, but this is the first sunlight/water diet I've seen ....
Nothing new

Fasting_In_Jainism There are several types of fastings btw that we in the western world never really witness on a daily basis.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by webpirate

Well, I'm glad to see the modelling industry is being pro-active enough to start hiring cave-women now.

Anyway, I don't see this ending well, unless she's preparing to perform a "Hydro Pump" and "Solar Beam" attack.
edit on 7-6-2013 by Junkheap because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by luciddream
reply to post by hp1229

..all depends on how much extra calories/fat has been stored in the body Its a good way to burn it off
Ok.. im not sure if your were joking but, if someone is into building muscle and burning calories, they would read into what not eating can cause, yes fat loss is one thing, among muscle mass, trust me, muscle mass is not a good thing to loose, its hard to build basic muscle mass, without the muscle mass and muscle fibers, your bones are nothing but toothpicks.
I was being serious. I also agree from a body builder's perspective about losing muscle mass etc etc. But thats if you're into bodybuilding. There are both positive and negative aspects of fasting that even many religions warn before someone starts to fast. It also depends how much muscle mass do you really need for the type of work/profession that one really needs to maintain
Bodybuilding might be a profession for some but not for all. There is a controlled mechanism on fasting. One normally doesn't jump up and down during fasting
Generally fasting associated with religious practices involves prayers/meditations/isolation etc etc for the duration. Basically you are fasting but also slowing down your body's use of calories and energy.

Fasting_And_Strength

Fasting_Wiki
edit on 7-6-2013 by hp1229 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Navenna Shine is calling her experiment “Living on Light.”

Or she could call it what it is...."suicide".

Even a couple of weeks could have some severe health risks (the common wisdom is after 30 days, you're dead), so 6 months is nothing short of suicide.

I wouldn't put much faith into those accounts of Hindu spiritualists who claim decades, etc. without food or water. It is simply a medical impossibility. You can't turn "nothing" into energy...nor can we absorb energy from sunlight.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Fasting is not specific to Hindus
It is common in other major religions too. I do agree however that there are imposters and/or exaggerated/distorted accounts of false claims on decades of fasting.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Just about what I expected from her picture. Stupid.

At least she won't vote again.
edit on 7-6-2013 by setibuddies because: spelling

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join