It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let me tell you about Kraft Macaroni and Cheese

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex
reply to post by NarcolepticBuddha

But even though I may be a Dawg, I ain’t Pavlov’s.

Yes, but if you recall, the dog salivated at the sight of food first!..and then was conditioned to salivate after exposure to another (non-food) stimulus.

That's because people, and animals like dogs, salivate at the sight of food as part of the digestion process. This is NOT learned, but an ingrained and involuntary response. Saliva begins the digestion process for some simple sugars..and aids in transport to the other digestive organs.

You ARE salivating. Here's a napkin

edit on 2-6-2013 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Dominar

Back in the day dude people didn't know that stuff was bad. There was no internet. I have learned more in the last 15 years than I did through out the 20 something years prior. I didn't say I am feeding it to them now. One just graduated college and one is going into his sophomore year. But I betcha if you looked in there cupboards you would find a blue box.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   
the Ingredients in Kraft macaroni and cheese :

wheat flour which contains B Vitamins, Niacin, thiamine, mono nitrate, folic acid, riboflavin, iron in the form of ferrous sulfate
POWDER SAUCE: whey (milk protein), milk protein concentrate, milk, milk fat, cheese culture, salt, sodium tripolyphosphate, sodium phosphate, calcium phosphate, yellow 5 , yellow 6, citric acid, lactic acid, and enzymes.

uuuuuuuuuuummmmmmmmmmmmmmm yummy.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by GrantedBail

you are right it is hard but not impossible i have 6 acres of ground and rarely eat meat just chicken or fish when i do and it is all local .

the big supermarkets have been using gmo for years to feed animals and not told the public

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by GrantedBail
reply to post by SubTruth

That kid never controlled me. Please. My kids were picky eaters, I used to worry that they weren't going to live until the doctor told me not to trip. They both grew up to be athletes. And very healthy I might add. The youngest though, will still not eat broccoli.

I don't think your the worst mother in the world...not by a long shot. That slot is for those who raise their kids to be suicide bombers. But I digress.

Do I think that you could put foot down more firmly? Yeppers. But that is based off of limited information, so all I can really do is comment. Not always what you want to hear though, is it?

I once was the "picky" eater, but there are three things I won't eat. Broccoli, Cauliflower and Brussel Sprouts. Actually, I'll eat the first two if covered in cheese or in a oriental dish with gravy (both of which negates their health value). I used to hate Aparagus as well, and now love it, especially with garlic.

Our palates grow over time.

Overall, I actually think you're just fine. You're a Mom...you'll always worry about your kids.
edit on 2-6-2013 by TDawgRex because: Just a ETA

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by NarcolepticBuddha

Originally posted by TDawgRex
reply to post by NarcolepticBuddha

But even though I may be a Dawg, I ain’t Pavlov’s.

Yes, but if you recall, the dog salivated at the sight of food first!..and then was conditioned to salivate after exposure to another (non-food) stimulus.

That's because people, and animals like dogs, salivate at the sight of food as part of the digestion process. This is NOT learned, but an ingrained and involuntary response. Saliva begins the digestion process for some simple sugars..and aids in transport to the other digestive organs.

You ARE salivating. Here's a napkin

edit on 2-6-2013 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

And again...I hate you.

Just reading this thread I had to grab a handful of mixed nuts. Maybe later tonite I'll mix 'em with some Chocolate Ice Cream.

Two can play that game.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by billdadobbie

you are right it is hard but not impossible i have 6 acres of ground and rarely eat meat just chicken or fish when i do and it is all local .

the big supermarkets have been using gmo for years to feed animals and not told the public

It's at the point were your really can't avoid GMO anymore. It's in the soil, water table, pollen etc, etc.

Almost everything is contaminated these days, whether through GMO, fertilizer, petroleum and the list goes on.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

Ha ha. Thank you. I did the best I could but I got lucky and my boys were just good souls. Sometimes it is not the parents. It is just the kids. They are born flawless. We are the ones that screw them up. And sometimes even though the parent has imperfections galore, those defects bounce off of them.

BTW, I love broccoli AND caulifowerl

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by daryllyn
Mac and cheese is my weakness.

Why does everything yummy have to be bad? Whyyyyyy?

crunch-crunch, Yeah, you people, crunch-crunch, have to learn how to eat right. crunch-crunch.

What?? Doritos are made out of corn! Very healthy.

edit on 6/2/2013 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Where is the Frito-Lay Bean Dip??

Let's go large

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 05:12 PM
link   

BTW, I love broccoli AND caulifowerl

I bet you dip it in some type of veggie dip...DON'T YOU!

Those are two of the most bland taste foods I have ever eaten raw. It's like eating air.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   

The key is chocolate. Dip them in chocolate raw or cooked.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Now that I have never tried. I may give it a whirl.

If it becomes my next snack that I must have though...I am going to be oh. so. pissed.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   

God this threads gone seriously off topic
A nice way with broccoli is to stir fry it with garlic and add a drop of soy sauce at the end. It is crazy delicious.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by thedoctorswife

I was just funnin. I love it steamed, flash fried in a wok with sesame oil and soy sauce. Raw with blue cheese dressing. And all that.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Maybe mothers are more sensitive than dads. I raised my boys as a single mother. I loved every second of it even though it was hard. I never made them choke down something they didn't like.

Today when they both visit and want different things, I cook both. I don't care. I am a sucker for their smiles.

You cook food just like a mamma used to make. That's what your boys will be comparing to the scran dished up by potential wives.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by thedoctorswife

God this threads gone seriously off topic
A nice way with broccoli is to stir fry it with garlic and add a drop of soy sauce at the end. It is crazy delicious.

That's the way it is with many threads. But I'm learning new ways to possibly like Broccoli, so that's a plus. I'm going to have to give that one a whirl as well. (probably before the chocolate experiment)

BTW, I'm with you, I love homemade mac&cheese. It may create a mess making it, but it is, oh so delicious.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 05:31 PM
link   

I was brought up the same way, made to eat everything on my plate weather I liked it or not. I got violently sick over something I was fed once, and I was told I was faking and punished. I can tell you now, there was no faking to it.

So like you, I raised my kids, and cooked only foods that they liked, and would eat. They actually liked most vegetables; however, mushrooms and tomatoes was a definite no-no with them. So I never made them eat them. I don't think making kids eat foods that might make them sick is the way to go, especially since it happened to me.

By the way, we all liked Kraft Mac and Cheese. Don't like the idea of them changing over to being genially modified.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 05:33 PM
link   

reply to post by thedoctorswife

I was just funnin. I love it steamed, flash fried in a wok with sesame oil and soy sauce. Raw with blue cheese dressing. And all that.

Great! Now you're just trying to poison me and drain my bank account. Why don't I just buy you a house?

I think that I'm just going to try the thedoctorswife recipe. The chocolate one can wait until I'm reeeeaaalllly drunk. And that is all I have left in my fridge and cupboard.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Im really suprised none of us have been told of for going off topic yet.

Little tip, dont put the garlic in straight away, stirfry the broccoli for a few minutes first, then add the garlic, otherwise it will burn.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join