It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let me tell you about Kraft Macaroni and Cheese

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by B1rd1nFL1ghT

Was my mom's but she gave it to me since I liked it, too. I don't think they know what they were singing either! lol

Mhmm, a little bit of freedom and a little bit of control. I also let my kids play in dirt, which they probably ate, too. Was a biology major so I know that most of the stuff on the market isn't going to kill you when taken in moderation. Kind of funny though--my son is 16, has asperger's, and is having to take health in college. He has soaked up the subject of food quality like a sponge and has turned into quite the food nazi here. Just the other night, he was on a 20 minute lecture to me about high fructose corn syrup. It would've gone on longer but I nipped it off by pointing out that we don't buy anything with it in there. :lol, So yeah, while I do encourage eating foods that have shorter ingredient lists, the "Krack foods" jokes are actually coming from the autistic food nazi.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by newcovenant
remember when Coca-cola was laced...to keep the user coming back for more?

Yep, but people somehow think caffeine is a better choice when it's every bit as addictive and potentially detrimental to health.

Even worse, there is NO law that limits the amount of caffeine that can be put into a beverage. Energy drink, anyone?

Originally posted by TDawgRex
And again...I hate you.

Oh I'm sorry dude. It sounds like you're asking me not to bring you down? www.youtube.com...

edit on 3-6-2013 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by unbelieve
reply to post by GrantedBail

Well its a proven fact that the processed high fat foods produce chemicals in the brain that bind with the cannabiniod receptors in the brain..........by definition that would make them at least slightly addictive.

Well...here is a response to this post and newcovenant.

Slightly addictive is no different than saying "i like the way that tastes so i eat or drink it". Are you addicted? That is debatable but i am going to say - no. If you liked the way broccoli tastes so you look to eat it very day is it a mental addiction or just an "i like the way it tastes" addiction? I have to go with the latter.

Here is the thing, you wont get withdrawals from any food in the grocery store and no food in the grocery store is evr going to replace the feeling of say for example being intoxicated and even intoxicated from alcohol.

I never bought into the caffeine addiction and even if it does occur is way over hyped. Coffee or tea is really a matter of preference. Too much caffeine can have averse effects the main or perhaps only one i am aware of is being, for lack of a better term, jittery. But idk, you dont see many people in emergency rooms from drinking too much coffee, if at all.
edit on 3-6-2013 by Malcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   
OP? Your thread here made me smile! In glad to see something other that ILLUMINATI, Earthquakes, Drones, Gun Control, and ALIENS...(and North Korea...hey? Where did all THOSE threads go? Im STILL ducking like they said I should!)

I agree with all of your whole food-addicting, modifying, enhanced, additive increasing, not good for us observations. I think MAC n CHEESE is not the only one, and you just hit the tip of the iceberg with kids in general.

Why is it almsot everytime the average Mom or Dad with kids goes to the local "fast food" joint....the kids seem to always want "chicken nuggets"? Same thing I fear.

MSG? No MSG? We are doomed I tell ya...I guess just stop eating!!! I tried that, but got hungry. I went "organic"...and then learned about that...sigh.......

Thanks again for making a point we all have some experience with: Kraft Mac n Cheese. Long live Mac n Cheese! (It'll STILL be stuck to my plate when Im dead and buried...)

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I hate kraft mac & cheese. Not because I hate the taste, but because my body just outright rejects it. EVERY time I eat it (which I haven't tried again for quite a long time) I get the WORST cramping and indigestion.

It's like my body just knows it's poison.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   

cant drink orange juice or won't? I guarantee that if you hadn't eaten for a few days you would get over your affected behavior with orange juice. "Orange juice, its not just for breakfast anymore!" Someone call the drama police

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 06:38 PM
link   
This was one of the first things I learned to make myself about age 12, loved it, tried it again recently (a few years ago), more than 20 years on, I am now a good cook, and it just wasn't the same as home made with bechamel cheese sauce and proper macaroni, but still edible. I don't recall it saying GMO.

It is being sold in Tesco here in the UK but the American version, it doesn't say GMO online, it should if it is, though it does say the colourings which are suspect. The colourings are reportedly not in the UK version, which should be sold here instead of the US version, and should be universally safe, wherever it is sold.

The description on the Tesco website

Kraft macaroni cheese colouring

edit on 3-6-2013 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by undefyned

Perhaps the colouring, saying that, much as I used to love it, all macaroni cheese, even home made gave me stomach cramps, I blamed it on the fact I rarely ate more than 1000 calories a week as I mostly hated eating and most foods, since very young until 30.

www.dailymail.co.uk... itive.html

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx

Originally posted by GrantedBail
reply to post by TDawgRex

We have some friends like that. You and I don't subscribe to the same child rearing philosophy.

When I was a kid I was treated like that. One time I was forced to drink my orange juice and I puked. I still can't drink orange juice to this day. I never made my kids eat stuff they didn't like. I am not all about you have to clean your plate.

Do you make them be quiet at the dinner table too?

kids would eat only crap at a young age if you let them eat anything they want. the desire for any type of sweet or fatty food products is high at that age. they have a childlike understanding why it would be bad to eat fats and sweets every day...that's why they are children and you are the parent! jesus!!!....I fed them what was cooked and if they didn't like it, they didn't eat, period.

I grew up with the philosophy ''you eat the food on your plate, simple as, or don't, but you won't get anything else instead.''

My son hated chewing as a toddler though loved food generally as long as it was pureed, I used to steam about 10 veg and meat then puree and jar, gradually increasing the consistency to less mushy, when it got to proper food, anything green was too much chewing and not to his liking, it took a lot of effort to get him to eat greens or even chew meat, adding it in increasingly larger pieces in pasta and sauces, sometimes taking an hour spoon feeding him dinner. It was worth persevering, after a few years he learned to like veg, and will happily eat most veg, even eats squid and curry and things kids often don't like.

If I had only given him things he liked as a toddler, he would only be eating mushy food, and the likes of puddings. Sometimes giving in to children's demands is the easier choice in the short term but not in the long term, though I do know how it is to be a super busy mother and sometimes taking the easy option food wise.
edit on 3-6-2013 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 07:10 PM
link   
I'd have let him starve. You weren't in control there.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Ahh yes,.
ole mac and cheese,.
throw in some cut up hot dogs and yum,.
or at least thats what I used to think till I educated myself about real
nutrition. Of which Mac and cheese really has none,. nor do hot dogs.

Might as well eat Ramen noodles,.

And please dont give me the fortified list of vitamin contents,. its nothing but
man made crap.

Yeah just look at the difference in the ingredient list from the US to the world,. kinda funny
Kraft has an agenda to poison, or test the american public,.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 08:54 PM
link   

It's a good thing that I have a tad bit of heartless in me instilled by my parents.

When my nephews and nieces don't eat what I make them, they go hungry. If they insist upon pulling something out of the cupboard after the meal is made, I'll throw it away or feed it to the animals. Yep...I'm that mean.

They eat healthy meals or none at all.

Snacks however are a treat, they can have them in moderation. After all, I have my beer at the end of the day, I won't deny them some Ice Cream.

That's the way to go

That's how my kids learned to "like" asparagus, green beans and broccoli.

They still eat it even after leaving home.

As far as OP goes....coincidentally i just did up two boxes of Kraft mac n' cheese along with grilled chicken and.....asparagus...lol...after my two son's dropped in unexpectedly tonight. Heck i lived on the stuff during my single years. Now i have it if i have to do something up in a hurry.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Kraft ,in general ,is now a GMO company .

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

I've never learned to love brussel sprouts. On of the few things I will pass on when eating at a friends or family house. I buy my cheese from a local amish family as well. Pricey as hell but what a taste!

I was really never a sugar freak, even as a kid, with the exception of choco-chip cookies and chocolate or vanilla ice cream. Mom would only give us one scoop of ice cream or two cookies for desert, similiar to you. I somehow conned her into one scoop on one cookie though. Good stuff!

Nowadays, I eat more fruits and veggies than meat (though I still love a good BBQ!)

A couple of my sisters won't even let me sit their kids anymore because they will gorge themselves on junk food after they return home.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

The Japanese actually do broccoli et al,this way ,its called kushiage

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Ahhh,I found it for you .
I live alone,so I make this for me.
If I want to mass produce ,I just multiply everything by four ,and bake it in an 8x8 pan . I usually get at least five servings out of it.
But this recipe is yummy.
All I do differently ,is I get those FRENCHS french fried onions ,and I crumble some in with the panko flakes,that I sprinkle on the top .
I do add dashes of Worcestershire sauce ,and hot sauce ,but not a lot .
I sometimes do half cheddar,and half mild white cheddar mixes .

Make this for them .
www.justapinch.com...
edit on 05/28/2013 by PtolemyII because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 09:17 PM
link   

It's a good thing that I have a tad bit of heartless in me instilled by my parents.

When my nephews and nieces don't eat what I make them, they go hungry. If they insist upon pulling something out of the cupboard after the meal is made, I'll throw it away or feed it to the animals. Yep...I'm that mean.

They eat healthy meals or none at all.

Snacks however are a treat, they can have them in moderation. After all, I have my beer at the end of the day, I won't deny them some Ice Cream.

Glad they are not your kids.

The kids I knew with parents like you are all fat now, they seem to have rebelled a little bit too much...

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 09:19 PM
link   
People need to realize there's a war on our food supply. An all-out war and the big agro and biotech concerns are playing for keeps. By keeps I mean 95% - 100% of all our food will be genetically modified crops and animals with corporations owning the gene patents and therefore nearly all of our food.
They are buying up every farm and government they can, contaminating non-GMO crops with their own engineered and often Un-Approved plants and are now even using them in products without our knowledge in all likelihood.

The bottom line is our food supply is being controlled by profits, not if it's healthy for us or whether it could hurt the environment or even cause genetic mutations in our children. They don't give a tinker's damn about any of that, just how much profit can it generate for their stockholders?

I remember back in the 80's when family farms were being auctioned off left and right. The big banks and chemical companies teamed up to bankrupt farmers. Kids didn't want to become farmers and left for the cities. When families grew our food we could trust that it would be healthy because we knew that farmer and his family ate the same food we did. You can bet the CEOs and investors in GMO tech eat certified organic food and wouldn't touch many of the products they sell. But hey, it's ok for you and your kids to eat.

The biotech giants will dominate a far larger share of the economy in the very near future as they are involved not only in agriculture and chemicals but medical technologies and genetic applications as well. The potential in this area of science is mind-boggling, to say the least. It holds the keys for both a utopian, scientific society as well as a genetic apocalypse, leading to collapse of ecosystems destroying many species and permanently altering all life on Earth.

They are perilously close to controlling all our food and therefore us.

Are we willing to just allow this to come to pass?
What can we do about it ?
Humanity is vain and foolish to think it can engineer life better than nature can and the insatiable search for greater profits is a recipe for disaster.
edit on 3-6-2013 by Asktheanimals because: corrections

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by daryllyn
Mac and cheese is my weakness.

Why does everything yummy have to be bad? Whyyyyyy?

One of my faves too

Except I am weird and mix corn in mine

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by undefyned
I hate kraft mac & cheese. Not because I hate the taste, but because my body just outright rejects it. EVERY time I eat it (which I haven't tried again for quite a long time) I get the WORST cramping and indigestion.

It's like my body just knows it's poison.

Quite a long time ago, it probably wasnt made out of the poisons you speak of.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join