I know of several recipe sites you my find useful.
Vegweb has several mac & cheese recipes, as well as cheece sauces. One of my favourites, though is this one:
Baked Mac ‘n’ Cheese
By Allison Rivers Samson
Ingredients for the pasta:
4 quarts water
1 tablespoon sea salt
8 ounces macaroni
For the breadcrumbs:
4 slices of bread, torn into large pieces
2 tablespoons non-hydrogenated margarine
For the cheese sauce:
2 tablespoons shallots, peeled and chopped
1 cup red or yellow potatoes, peeled and chopped
1/4 cup carrots, peeled and chopped
1/3 cup onion, peeled and chopped
1 cup water
1/4 cup raw cashews
2 teaspoons sea salt
1/4 teaspoon garlic, minced
1/3 cup non-hydrogenated margarine
1/4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1 tablespoon lemon juice, freshly squeezed
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/8 teaspoon cayenne
1/4 teaspoon paprika
1. For the pasta, in a large pot, bring the water and salt to a boil. Add macaroni and cook until al dente. In a colander, drain pasta and rinse with
cold water. Set aside.
2. In a food processor, make breadcrumbs by pulverizing the bread and 2 tablespoons margarine to a fine texture. Set aside.
3. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a saucepan, add shallots, potatoes, carrots, onion, and water, and bring to a boil. Cover the pan and simmer for 15
minutes, or until vegetables are very soft.
4. In a blender, process the cashews, salt, garlic, 1/3 cup margarine, mustard, lemon juice, black pepper, and cayenne. Add softened vegetables and
cooking water to the blender and process until perfectly smooth.
5. In a large bowl, toss the cooked pasta and blended cheese sauce until completely coated. Spread mixture into a 9″ x 12″ casserole dish,
sprinkle with prepared breadcrumbs, and dust with paprika. Bake for 30 minutes or until the cheese sauce is bubbling and the top has turned golden
Sometimes I just make the cheese sauce and use it on veggies, baked potatoes, or as a dip. It's really yummy. ^_^
If you're in the mood for cheese, Daiya makes "wedges" that are really good, even as-is. There is also a good vegan cheese-making book called Artisan
Vegan Cheese by Miyoko Schinner. www.amazon.com...
edit on 6/4/2013 by oddpenguin because: Formatting.