It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you are against gays, consider this

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   
It's sad that people get bullied so bad, that they end up giving up, and commit suicide.

This however isn't a gay issue. ( In this cause it is. ) But suicide because of being bullied isn't discriminating.
Bullying can be something you can teach children to be wrong.

Here in the Netherlands some schools try a new approach in order to prevent it.
When children are bullied, they will be part of a group, where victims will be offered protection, by other classmates, and even their bullies. This gives children a chance to get to know the victim a little better, and it will give them a responsibility to take care of the other. Early result show that children benefit from this, as those that get the job to protect, feel pride in their job, and victims will find new friends.

Children now even vollenteer to help out their classmates, and victims flourish because of the new understanding between him and his former bullies.

Usually most bullies, have been victim of something themselves, which will result in them becoming bullies.

Anyway...

When I find new articles about this topic, I will gladly share them.

Meanwhile... Its the parents job, to teach there kids right from wrong. Lets just hope there will be a time when we have finally founds a successful method of preventing bullying. Nobody deserves it, and no parent wants to loose their kids like this.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   
So what is better; a child in an environment with parents of both gender who treat the child poorly or abuse it, or just ignore the child and feed it electronic distractions like TV and video games constantly, or a child with parents of the same gender, who treat the child with warmth and love, and encourage the young human to develop to the fullest extent that he/she can?

I've grown up witnessing many 'perfect' families to discover later on that the father was sexually abusing his own children, or the mother was a pill-junkie, nearly killing her own children twice through negligence and being out of it. These are the attractive and seemingly together parents of children who would be used on a poster to represent a 'loving family', and used as propaganda to illustrate some ideal (like the perfect Aryan).

What makes parents of the same gender any less capable of providing a loving nurturing environment? Perhaps in the ideal world of some, a mother and father of the accepted genders could be preferable, but where is this 'ideal world' in real life?

I would prefer my own children to grow up in an environment where they are safe and loved, instead of some ridiculous 'Ken and Barbie' fantasy of some illusory 1950s white-picket fence (where the mother bakes cookies and looks good for her uber-masculine hubby who brings home the dolllars for the wife's feminine hygience products to smell good for hubby).

Let our children be loved and cared for, and worry less about conventional models which may look great on the outside, but be rotten with contradictions not seen by those outside of the family walls. I will choose a loving safe environment any day, and I will be more than happy for my own children to be exposed to diversity instead of narrow-minded bigotry masquarading as tolerance.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by markosity1973

I'm not against gays, I'm against homosexuality. There is a difference. I see it as a mental or genetic disorder that requires a cure. I don't hate you for being gay, nor do I hate the kid around the corner with muscular distrophy. But if we're willing to donate millions of dollars a year to helping Jerry's Kids, then what is so wrong with wanting to do the same for homosexuals?

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by wiser3

I've never had a gay friend murdered or a gay friend commit suicide (though one tried) he is doing great now however. I did have a family member who killed herself because she couldn't cope with her pain. She wasn't gay, she was just sad. Her death by suicide is as important as anyone's.

The reasons many people such as myself are tired of hearing about the gays is simply because a majority of you gay's feel that your woes are so much more important than what everything else is going through. They aren't, nor are they less though.

There was a big percentage of straight people who cared very little about anyone else's sexual preferences but now they feel under attack and that's not good. People are starting to feel like an agenda is being pushed and Im starting to think the same. We use to live in a country where we were allowed to have our opinions without threat of backlash other than people disliking you for said opinion. Not no more though. Now they are ostracized for not believing in the gay lifestyle, their business protested, their teams booed... WTF? get over it and move on. Stop trying to thought police everyone. Just as you all say you are who you are well same goes for everyone else. Some people believe that being gay is a sin and it's wrong...let them, leave them alone. Stop pushing people around and telling them how to feel, what to say who should be allowed in their church and so on.

I once lived close to a reservation that had a majority of it's citizens hating the "white devils" Not once did I think about going there and protesting them until they accepted me.

Straight people are feeling like they are being backed into a corner by the gay community. A cornered animal is ferocious.....

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by GermanShep
If being gay was the right thing, than we would cease to exist as a species. Anyone who keeps saying its fine or normal etc is just not logical. And no i'm not some fox news conservative. Your butthole is for expelling waste and that is the only function.

Gs
So in your mind, if gay people exist, all people have to be gay? Thats literally the ONLY way this argument holds water.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by TokiTheDestroyer

Hello Toki....I have only read the first 3 pages of this thread, but wanted to respond to you in kind to let you know that Helious is correct in the assertion that what is being done here is nothing more than a social experiment that has already taken place many times over in history...just behind closed doors...if the legality were there for adoption, it is nothing more than a social experiment on the masses as a whole...the problem with such an experiment? We, of course, do NOT know the outcome...I was raised by 2 moms...go ahead ask me anything...Do I love my mothers? YES!! But was it difficult growing up? YES!!! You have no idea what you are talking about to say how such an experiment would go....and just to be sure you understand-I am one of those raised by gays, not only that, I now have a 21 year old daughter who came out to the family when she was 15....Some of us would have traded the heartache for the other opposite gendered parent ANY day....adopted, or not....BUT I could never, EVER hurt my mother by telling her this...conspiracy of silence? Yes, I believe there is...we were children of gay parents, cruelly picked on by our peers through NO CHOICE OF OURS and subjugated to behavior beyond what any child should deal with (You should SEE our "family" reunions-I mean,seriously? Uncle Tom's in drag and Aunt Carol's wearing biker fetish!!-LOL!!!!)...but all children love their parents and idolize them to a point, would ANY of us hurt our loving parents by telling them hurtful things regarding our childhood experiences that happened due to the parents being gay??? Maybe some, but majority, No-and due to the exact nature of the childhood being based around gay parents it is HARDER to explain these things to your own gay parents, as gay being the core of the very issue...It would be like you hurting your parents by telling them they didn't do a good job raising you...most wouldn't do it...If you don't believe what I'm saying to you, think about what happens when ANYONE says ANYTHING about LGBT equality in a negative way...they are attacked viciously and hounded, called bigots, homophobe, etc....I am all for them getting married-I seriously DO get that...but the actual adoption of children? No...This isn't some cute youtube clip of the cat that adopted a squirrel here...the children should have EVERY FAIR advantage as their peers when given the choice-but we are removing that choice on behalf of the child.....I'm sure there are other adult kids of gays that have a different opinion than mine, but alot of the ones I personally know, including myself, love our parents just as much as you do but STAY SILENT for fear of hurting the very ones we love.....This is only me, I have no right to speak for anyone else, but really wanted you to hear a firsthand opinion from someone who lived it...you may message me if you'd like to know more, I'd rather not muck up this thread anymore...apologies to the OP...

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by GermanShep
If being gay was the right thing, than we would cease to exist as a species. Anyone who keeps saying its fine or normal etc is just not logical. And no i'm not some fox news conservative. Your butthole is for expelling waste and that is the only function.

Gs

but they gays are only a small percentage, we will not cease to exist because some are gay...maybe from a meteor strike.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bone75

I'm not against gays, I'm against homosexuality. There is a difference. I see it as a mental or genetic disorder that requires a cure. I don't hate you for being gay, nor do I hate the kid around the corner with muscular distrophy. But if we're willing to donate millions of dollars a year to helping Jerry's Kids, then what is so wrong with wanting to do the same for homosexuals?

what is the difference? sorry mate but i am not a genetic disorder that you can donate money to 'Fix me'

Gay, straight, Homosexual Heterosexual, we are all Human,

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   
exactly DARTH_PRIME......and I am a straight female with a husband and our grown children..people need to stop with all the hate.
edit on 31-5-2013 by research100 because: spell fix

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by research100
exactly DARTH_PRIME......and I am a straight female with a husband and our grown children..people need to stop with all the hate.
edit on 31-5-2013 by research100 because: spell fix

the hate, the ignorance, the misconceptions, the 'Myths'

it's absurd to believe us not as Human as Straights because our sexuality

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by trollz
I'm seeing an increasing trend of "attacking" people who are opposed to it, and this in my opinion is just as wrong as people attacking others for being gay.

While I don't think anybody should be "attacked" for their beliefs I have to point out that there most definitely is a difference between attacking a belief and attacking a state of being.
edit on 31-5-2013 by Syphon because: there, their, they're. *shakes fist at the english language*

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darth_Prime

what is the difference? sorry mate but i am not a genetic disorder that you can donate money to 'Fix me'

I've already explained the difference. You are not a genetic disorder, your lust for people of the same gender is. You may be comfortable with your homosexuality, but there are many who are not. We shouldn't deprive them of research that will lead to a cure simply because you're cool with being gay.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   

im sorry for the fight you have to take upon you.

yes i know many people are 'anti '- but not because they really considered why but only to have a minority against which they can Caress themselves into feeling ' better '

that said
many gays who fight with their acceptance
dont do it because ' society dont accept it '
but for much Deeper reasons
reasons, they themsélves are [ often] unaware of

so yes it hurts me that vid
of a soul who couldnt bear that pressure

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   
you re on ATS right OP
your horizon s broader then many other people

..you know the Universe works with cathode and anode
- energy that is Focussed..to energy that Disperses
'masculine ' energy and ' feminine '
see Walter Russell

...likewise, male and female represent this very cosmos

It doesnt mean, that someone who loves the opposite sex ' doesnt have love feelings '
- ofcourse he/she has.
Or ' is not looking for a life partner ' - ofcourse he is.
Those are all basic and legal desires.

just
..instead of ' a woman and male could lift themselves up to Him '
like in some spinning upward spiral,
the person who decides for his attraction to the same sex, will not réach that Upward spiral.

[ but be enclosed in his own world ]

...never think, that He is ' against loving the same sex '
because ' the book was written aeons ago ' .
No.
He says that,
because He knows the laws of the Universe.

...and desires that souls dont block themselves from Him.

be it by religious fake attitude
alcoholism
materialism
..whichever

bless

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darth_Prime

I've already explained the difference. You are not a genetic disorder, your lust for people of the same gender is. You may be comfortable with your homosexuality, but there are many who are not. We shouldn't deprive them of research that will lead to a cure simply because you're cool with being gay.

so by your assumption of us being able to get 'Cured' you could than 'Mutate' a straight person into a homosexual?

why a disorder? i am not handicapped, i am not 'Mutated'

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   
All I really got from the egos clashing ... is Gay people are more intelligent and straight people are dumb

Your [flaming] Liberal is showing... Oh how you guys are so 'above' it all.

Gay people do not perpetuate the human race..and the whole idea of gay people raising children to me .. is to create a gay race.. or promote it. I'm not saying they don't have the skills to do so ..Its just that .. scientifically its unnatural.

[Insert incoherent 'im stupid' response]

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   
If gay people only raise 'Gay Children' how come straight couples have gay children? and if you don't believe we are born that way and we have a choice, it's a fail on the 'Straight Couple' to raise a child to 'Select' to be gay, correct?

so you and the straight race are failing raising kids to be gay

Likewise, how many straight couples can't have children? how many utilize surrogates? if i wanted children, and i have a female surrogate and utilized my sperm, is that not reproduction? did i not reproduce a child from my sperm and a females eggs? is 'Intercourse' the only way one can reproduce?

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Darth_Prime

All I am saying is that I would assume that a gay couple would only hope and dream their fake child is gay too. You people are so touchy of other peoples opinions .. which is why this civilization will fall.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeoStarchild
reply to post by Darth_Prime

All I am saying is that I would assume that a gay couple would only hope and dream their fake child is gay too. You people are so touchy of other peoples opinions .. which is why this civilization will fall.

you assume wrong,

it wouldn't be a fake child if it was my sperm, unless your child would be considered fake likewise?

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by WaterBottle
People that hate gay people are simply not very intelligent.

Bigotry is associated with low IQ's.

Being against something is not necessarily HATE. I suggest you use that dictionary yourself. Kneejerking the "hate" response against any and all who don't agree with something is ignorant.

MY bottom line is...homosexuality is normal but not natural. If it were, we would not be here to discuss it because the human race wouldn't have evolved through reproduction. Hetrosexuality is natural.

Maybe if humanity had evolved to accept fimininity and masculinity on the same level it wouldn't even be an issue, but it hasn't. That's life.

This is about sex, and the female and male sides of being gay should be seen as different things because of this evolution, often they're not and often they're lumped together in general terms. Ignorant.

Using a waste disposal for pleasure is wrong. If you want to argue against that then please make it a good arguement.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join