It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you are against gays, consider this

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by markosity1973

Dear markosity1973,

Maybe it's just a melancholy time of night, but I'm really sad. Sad for the loss of a fine young life to the power of darkness and evil.

Sad that your attempt to bring the thread back on track was so thoroughly ignored.

And sad that this can't even be discussed without name calling and insults, instead of trying to reach understanding and possible solutions.

I know that darkness and evil do not win in the end, but in the meantime it's sometimes pretty tough.

I'll talk with anyone if they want to, but I won't yell.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 01:23 AM
link   
as far as the 'Children thing' how many straight men and women can't have children? how many have to utilize surrogates? and sperm donors?

if i utilized a women as a surrogate utilizing my sperm how is that different? we reproduced, just because we didn't have intercourse that makes it different? it's not adoption so we are not 'taking away the population'

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952

Dear markosity1973,

Maybe it's just a melancholy time of night, but I'm really sad. Sad for the loss of a fine young life to the power of darkness and evil.

Sad that your attempt to bring the thread back on track was so thoroughly ignored.

And sad that this can't even be discussed without name calling and insults, instead of trying to reach understanding and possible solutions.

I know that darkness and evil do not win in the end, but in the meantime it's sometimes pretty tough.

I'll talk with anyone if they want to, but I won't yell.

With respect,
Charles1952

You are always quite the gentleman Charles

Even though we find our side on the opposing side of some arguments, you are a worthy adversary and an intelligent debater.

P.S I did reply to your response in the other thread, its around pages 28 - 30 but it quickly got lost in the pages that follow lol.

And you are right, patience, persistence and kindness always wins in the end

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Dear markosity1973,

You're quite right, you did respond thoroughly and thoughtfully. Nice post. Sorry I didn't catch it.

What would you like me to do with it, respond here, on the other thread, or by U2U? It's too good not to use as a springboard for discussion. Your wish is my command.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 01:46 AM
link   
i must reiterate above me,

Charles( if i may call you that) regardless of belief, you have discussed with class and decorum, you have not resulted to name calling and derogatory comments,

i appreciate that

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Darth_Prime
Sad yet true, as i mentioned in the other topic for being relatively young (early twenties) i have gone through what most, some, any, consider 'Tragic life' all because of my Sexuality, i wont go into details because others have had same, similar, and worse experiences,

You know what, in this thread I think those of us who feel they can should share our stories.

Why? Because you know what? Our story is our best argument. They define who we are and why we think the way we do. As gay people we share a common thread of sorrow, and we don't like to talk about it amongst ourselves because we know that we all have a sad tale to tell.

But the rest of the population don't know these stories, they are ignorant about the pain that they have (often quite unawares) caused us.

So, let's share

edit on 31-5-2013 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 01:51 AM
link   

edit on 31-5-2013 by markosity1973 because: OFF TOPIC

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 02:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Darth_Prime and markosity1973

Gentlemen,

Thank you for the seriousness with which you approach this issue. You are demonstrating that we are all humans who must someday face our Creator. If we have caused others unnecessary suffering that has turned their hearts bitter and hateful, we will have to account for it.

As strange as this may appear in a thread of this nature, I love you and want the highest good for you.

Markosity1973, I really like your idea of highlighting the suffering that gays face. Perhaps it will show our common humanity and allow us to find the sympathy and empathy which we may have lost.

I don't happen to think gay marriage is a good idea, but that opinion is insignificant compared to the fact that we are God's children and are called to love our neighbors as ourselves.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 02:37 AM
link   
People take their life because they are fat, lonely, broke, got pimples, laughed at......

Being homosexual is not unique to suicide occurring. Hate has nothing to do with it, it's mainly dissatisfaction with themselves inside. Homosexual committing suicide do it for the same reasons people who have lost limbs do.... no wait, those who have lost limbs and therefore careers and mobility still get on with life with a smile don't they...!

So what the homosexuals problem? Internal!

Whats the broke persons problem? Internal

Whats the lonely persons problem? Internal

Don't go blaming others for your dysfunction and use that as a cop out.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 02:37 AM
link   

So, to all of those who do not like gay people. Consider this, we are the product of straight families. Look and see the damage your rejection, and hatred does to us

A school friend of mine took his life beccause he was gay. (R.I.P Phillip, I will always keep up the fight for equality in memory of you) I have known too many other gay people senselessly die through suicide as well.

Does your argument work for pedophiles as well?
Some years back it emerged one of the guys at a company I used to work for took his own life because of that reason.

And I suppose I could give other examples as well... but the more general point you seem to be making is that gays have to be accepted because the hurt causes them to suicide, then
WHY
does that exame same argument not work for other groups of people that you hate?

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952
reply to post by Darth_Prime and markosity1973

Markosity1973, I really like your idea of highlighting the suffering that gays face. Perhaps it will show our common humanity and allow us to find the sympathy and empathy which we may have lost.

With respect,
Charles1952

Thankyou Charles,

I would go one step further and add that I know that it is not only gay people who suffer. I have cried with my sister after she lost a baby to miscarriage. I have given hugs to straight mates who are devastated after breaking up with their girlfriends. I've witnessed the horror of war first hand and seen people walking into a refugee camp bringing with them only what they can carry.

My heart goes out to all who bear the cross of suffering in their lives.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 02:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by alfa1

So, to all of those who do not like gay people. Consider this, we are the product of straight families. Look and see the damage your rejection, and hatred does to us

A school friend of mine took his life beccause he was gay. (R.I.P Phillip, I will always keep up the fight for equality in memory of you) I have known too many other gay people senselessly die through suicide as well.

Does your argument work for pedophiles as well?

Some years back it emerged one of the guys at a company I used to work for took his own life because of that reason.

And I suppose I could give other examples as well... but the more general point you seem to be making is that gays have to be accepted because the hurt causes them to suicide, then
WHY
does that exame same argument not work for other groups of people that you hate?

Firstly, was he the victim of pedophilia, or the perpertrator? Was it proven if he was accused? I would be just as sorry for the person if it was the victim or falsely accused. Not so much if he was an actual pedophile. Call me any name you want for saying that, but I have lived with the consequences of pedophilia.

Secondly, what is your point? Perhaps you should read the post I just put in immediately under yours.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 02:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by MadMax7
People take their life because they are fat, lonely, broke, got pimples, laughed at......

Being homosexual is not unique to suicide occurring. Hate has nothing to do with it, it's mainly dissatisfaction with themselves inside. Homosexual committing suicide do it for the same reasons people who have lost limbs do.... no wait, those who have lost limbs and therefore careers and mobility still get on with life with a smile don't they...!

So what the homosexuals problem? Internal!

Whats the broke persons problem? Internal

Whats the lonely persons problem? Internal

Don't go blaming others for your dysfunction and use that as a cop out.

Every single example you have given in your sentence has to do with bullying. Did you not watch the video? It clearly says ALL bullying should not be tolerated. Not just gay bullying.

One day you will find out for yourself what it is like to suffer (we all do) and then you might understand better.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 02:53 AM
link   
some do hold a tragic tale as a chip on their shoulder gay and straight, black and white, i don't believe that was the purpose of this topic, not to say 'We have it worse' or you should accept us because we have succumb tragedy, but that we are as Human as you, and we do go through tragedy, tragedy based solely on our Sexuality, were you physically abused because you were straight? and i don't mean got in fights or bullied i mean solely because you were straight?

it's not the tragic events, that happens to many and never to some, it's the reason behind it, a reason that we cannot change, regardless of how you think we have a choice, a selection, we don't and we can't alter it,

*Edit in addition*

in addition, no bullying should be tolerated, no one should go through verbal or physical abuse, no one should be left homeless, and no one should be told that suicide might be the best option for you,

i have
edit on 31-5-2013 by Darth_Prime because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 04:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by markosity1973
Phillip, you were just 16 but in your short life you shone brightly. You were the captain of our school's rugby team and the dux of our school. You will always be remembered by me for who you were, a kind decent person and the best of friends. If only I had known you were gay before you took your life.....

Stephen. You were only 17 but the whole school mourned when you left us. Even though I never knew you personally, you were so liked by so many, Those who vilified you and drove you to take your life live with the shame to this day.
edit on 30-5-2013 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

Mike. A friend I lost when he was 23, many years ago but still alive in my memory! I miss you Mike!

Andre. A loving, laughing friend, gone at just 19!

Hennie. At 36 he took his life just two years ago.

Sorry I can't go on, it's just too upsetting when I sit and think of all the friends I have lost due to hatred, I didn't think it would affect me this much at 54! Thank you for this opportunity though!
edit on 31/5/13 by wiser3 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 05:01 AM
link   
Heres my 5c worth, everyone should be entitled to live as they see fit provided that nothing they do in any way adversely affects the life of another.
So in that sense, Gay people should be allowed to marry. I must admit I have had to change my view as I have always had homophobic tendencies, more from a lack of understanding than for any other reason.
I have a seventeen year old daughter who has a number of gay friends, she also has a boyfriend. It seems the youth of today have a far more liberal and accepting mindset than my generation. It is through long talks with her regarding this subject that I have changed my views. That is a very sad clip, and you can change the person and the situation with many other minorities throughout the world that have taken their own lives because of the small mindedness of some people. Lets hope they find peace in the next world.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 05:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by wiser3

Originally posted by markosity1973
Phillip, you were just 16 but in your short life you shone brightly. You were the captain of our school's rugby team and the dux of our school. You will always be remembered by me for who you were, a kind decent person and the best of friends. If only I had known you were gay before you took your life.....

Stephen. You were only 17 but the whole school mourned when you left us. Even though I never knew you personally, you were so liked by so many, Those who vilified you and drove you to take your life live with the shame to this day.
edit on 30-5-2013 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

Mike. A friend I lost when he was 23, many years ago but still alive in my memory! I miss you Mike!

Andre. A loving, laughing friend, gone at just 19!

Hennie. At 36 he took his life just two years ago.

Sorry I can't go on, it's just too upsetting when I sit and think of all the friends I have lost due to hatred, I didn't think it would affect me this much at 54! Thank you for this opportunity though!
edit on 31/5/13 by wiser3 because: (no reason given)

Thankyou so much for sharing. It is sad that we lose so many through senseless hatred, no matter what the reason, hate is hate.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 05:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by kudegras
Heres my 5c worth, everyone should be entitled to live as they see fit provided that nothing they do in any way adversely affects the life of another.
So in that sense, Gay people should be allowed to marry. I must admit I have had to change my view as I have always had homophobic tendencies, more from a lack of understanding than for any other reason.
I have a seventeen year old daughter who has a number of gay friends, she also has a boyfriend. It seems the youth of today have a far more liberal and accepting mindset than my generation. It is through long talks with her regarding this subject that I have changed my views. That is a very sad clip, and you can change the person and the situation with many other minorities throughout the world that have taken their own lives because of the small mindedness of some people. Lets hope they find peace in the next world.

And you are living proof that people can change their ways through being prepared to actually listen to their children. If only all parents and families were as brave and open minded

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 05:12 AM
link   
reply to post by kudegras

You are proof that there is reason to hope!

Thank you for your post! People like you can make a world of difference and the world different!!

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Helious

You know what, I shouldn't of been in this thread any way and I know better. disregard my posts as it pertains to replys, I'm leaving this thread and not coming back, that goes for any other threads that resemble this. I'm sorry I posted in the first place, carry on.

Is that because the post before you spout BS about no evidence on how gay adoption effects the child? then you looked above that post and saw what you said was BS?
Next time be a man about it and admit you were wrong eh?
Instead of throwing toys outa the pram....
Pfft to you.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join