It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top 10 scariest or creepiest things people have seen and heard according to Reddit users

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 02:29 AM
link   
This happened very recently.

Paul (my fiancée) and I visited my sister to see her family's new house. It's a cute little older house, red, with a big yard. The previous owner was an old lady. Loved by all her neighbors. She gardened. It was a big thing to her. The yard has all sorts of flowers and bushes and trees. There are even two big greenhouses on the property. I think I heard someone say that she sold flowers and plants to the local community. Her son kept up the house and the yard for 3 years...from her passing until my sister and brother in law bought the house a couple months ago. We went out and spent the day and had a great time. But then that tonight...

Paul and I drove my sister and niece back to her house. My sister led the way along the sidewalk to the back door with me carrying my niece behind her, and with Paul bringing up the rear. My sister and I went in the house but Paul remained outside. He was just looking around. Standing halfway down the sidewalk. Eventually he stepped inside for a brief moment, and then he and I left.

When we got back in the car he asked me to feel his arm. He had goosebumps. He said that when he got halfway down the sidewalk he had the feeling that something was out of the ordinary. A weird sensation, followed by slowly getting goosebumps on both arms and the hair on the back of his neck standing up.

"It's the old lady! Working in her yard!" I joked. Paul didn't laugh. He said it wasn't a bad energy he felt. He was compelled to stay on the sidewalk, not creeped out to the point of running inside the house. He said whatever it was, it was good. He didn't feel it when we were out at the house the day before, only now. It was dark outside and the feeling was in one particular spot on the sidewalk. (I think the old lady was working on a flower bush that my niece had torn apart the day before, and that Paul walked "through" her on the sidewalk because it was in the SAME spot). But this isn't the strangest part....

I suggested he call his mom to talk to her about it. His mom is hardcore Buddhist and claims to see spirits on a regular basis. He said "Mom I was just at my sister in law's new house and..."

His mom said "I know. The red one. It's old." She then went on to say that the spirit was the previous owner and that she was fine. She repeated "it's an old house. It's an old house. She's fine."

Now, Paul's mother has never met any of my family, nor visited any of their homes. She lives 5 hours away. She's never seen any pictures of this house and we've never talked about it to her. Somehow, over the phone, she saw the house. She even knew what color the walls inside were. And she said that the spirit Paul sensed was good and that he shouldn't be frightened.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 02:30 AM
link   
reply to post by ElectroStatic

I had a dream exactly like this once too. I dreamt someone broke into my car. Smashes my windows ,stole stuff .
I'm dead asleep .
My mom wakes me up and says,go look at your car ...I'm groggy ...whhyy .?
...just go look .
I go look ,and my windows are all smashed exactly as they were in the dream ,and bunches of my stuff stolen .

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 02:34 AM
link   
reply to post by PtolemyII

No sorry. Trust me when I say curiously can kill your sleep.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 02:35 AM
link   

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 02:36 AM
link   
reply to post by thedeadtruth

I've seen all kinds of stuff,and one of my friends was a funeral director. He never saw anything. He was dense that way .
I would lose my mind in the basement of an old funeral home. I would see tons !

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

That one is worse than the one in the OP!!!

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 02:43 AM
link   
reply to post by abeverage

Not that I don't believe you but it's possible that you had a bear encounter.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Just a comment.....

Any land occupied over 150yrs will have at least one death. All Hotels / Motels have had at least a few murder / suicides.

All occupied land has a story.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 02:46 AM
link   

link   
reply to post by thedeadtruth

"I've been waiting for you,"

Epic, truly epic lmao

link   
When I was working at a hospital in the Bronx ,we had one attending physician ,who was very cool .
He wasn't black and white.
To me,good doctors see grey . Some just see black and white. It makes for bad medicine ,as there is always a grey area.

In any case ,we had brought in a cardiac arrest patient ,who we had resuscitated.
Usually ,you get their heart beat back ,and then its luck of the draw as to wether or not they have brain function .

So this one case,was quite odd.
We worked on the guy almost an hour in the field ,and his heart rhythm changed so many times ,it was a complete what the hell .

This rhythm that rhythm . With a heartbeat and blood pressure,with no pressure ,no heart beat .

So he's in the E/R now,and when you do get a heartbeat ,you want to give the person,the chance .
So the E/R ,its the same story .
Every rhythm ,every drug ,with and without palpable pulses ,with pulses no pressure . With pulses and pressure.

I think the E/R wanted to save him,but nothing stabilized his rate.

Someone who is clinically dead ,for now over three hours.....
But he kept getting pulses ...

So,this doctor ,finally moves to the patients head ,and whispers in the man's ear .
I barely heard it .

Suddenly ,the EKG goes flatline ,which it had not done once during the entire code ,and it just stays there.
Flatline .

We looked at Dr G and said ,"what did you say?" ,and he replied ,"go to the light".

edit on 05/28/2013 by PtolemyII because: (no reason given)

edit on 05/28/2013 by PtolemyII because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 02:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Boderm

My mom used to make me read all of them,that were made into movies.
My dad died when I was seven . She had no money for a baby sitter.
If I was ok with the book,she would take me with her when the movie came out.
Granted,I had a very high reading level ,but I read stuff like Jaws,The Exorcist ,The Other ,when I was 11.
I did a book report on Jaws ,which frigging stunned my teacher .
Btw .
The book the exorcist didn't bother me at all,but the movie freaked me out for months .
Depends upon the kid I think

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 02:55 AM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

Yes. But my sense of humor has also gotten me in trouble.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by FreeThinkerbychoice

Her teeth are deeply buried in the flesh inside the mouth!
Moahahaaa!!!

You have any occult interest or tradition with things like that in the family?
Perhaps that would be why strange things are happening to you.
edit on 31-5-2013 by LiberalSceptic because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 03:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Boderm

Do you believe mine? .. You can ask any question ..as a matter of fact I put names etc so that it can be verified ...anticipating doubters .. and ...

I have another that is even freakier..... same town ...

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 03:07 AM
link   

I used to read Doc Savage at 10 ..and looking at em now I cannot believe that I read them .. and Logan's Run when it first came out .. which I believe was before Jaws ... couldnt read Jaws ..scared me too much,,,

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 03:14 AM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

This one gives me chills to this day! I was in my early twenties and renting a 2 bedroom house with my brother to help with expenses. One day we had a few people over and then they had left around 2-3 in the early morning I heard a noise outside that woke me sounded like someone tapping on my window. I got up and to get a glass of water from the kitchen and my bro was in the living room he said WTF was that?? I asked him what did you hear? Turns out he heard the same thing I did sounded like little kids playing/giggling and tapping on the windows. We both at this point tripping out grabbed a pistol and doubled around the outside of the house each direction. Not seeing any kids as we went and meeting in the back yard as we did our check. Strangely enough both gates to the yard were locked with a 7 feet fence all the way around. No one was there but we did how ever see the next day in the sun light little hand prints all over the windows.

Very creepy and to this day he will not talk about it.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 03:17 AM
link   
reply to post by sayiamu

Reading jaws made me want to become an Ichtheologist .
To be honest ,I'm really sorry I didn't become one .

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 03:18 AM
link   
reply to post by LiberalSceptic

4Chan troll

It got u.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 03:21 AM
link   
reply to post by LiberalSceptic

Scarey story of the fang woman but reads like an urban myth.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join