It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top 10 scariest or creepiest things people have seen and heard according to Reddit users

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 03:25 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Could you please explain what you mean?

reply to post by AthlonSavage

Yes I think it most likely is. I did try to find info on Google about the possibility of the story being true, but it seems most signs points to no.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 03:35 AM
link   
reply to post by PtolemyII

you know .. me tooo ...

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 03:40 AM
link   
reply to post by PtolemyII

There is a reason people involved in the death industry are not haunted.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 03:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by ElectroStatic

Amazing story, a premonition you had, thanks for sharing...
edit on 31-5-2013 by MegaSpace because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 03:44 AM
link   
reply to post by thedeadtruth

Splain Lucy splain

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 03:47 AM
link   

I am interested as well, please elaborate on this

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 04:36 AM
link   
I had a very creepy experience when I once babysat a 4-year old - I was about 16, and regularly looked after this little boy (his name was River). An experience one night creeped the living daylights out of me, and I never ever volunteered my babysitting services thereafter.

It was about 10 pm - the little boy was asleep in his room at the end of the hallway. The only lights that were on was a single light in the hallway to his room, and one or two table-side lamps in the lounge where I was watching tv. There were no lights on in his room.

Now - I am a great cat lover, and there was a roaming friendly neighbourhood cat that would often visit the different apartments within that apartment block (I lived a couple of apartments away and often had the pleasure of friendly cat paying me a visit as well). That night I had let the cat in about an hour earlier, and he was chilling in the lounge with me.

The next minute the creepiest strangest feeling came over me - I felt most uncomfortable - as if a wedge of fear had been driven into my heart. From my chair I had a good vantage point down the hallway and into the open door of the boy's room. The edge of the hallway at the boy's room (where the light from the single globe didn't reach) visibly darkened - it was as if something black 'bled' into the hallway from the boy's room. I cannot even begin to explain to you how dumb-founded and ridiculously scared I felt. It was a sudden atmosphere of intense fear.

To top it all - Mr. friendly cat jumped up, arched his back, and started hissing and screeching into the dark hallway, after which he promptly ran to the front door and scratched it in earnest - begging me to let him out. I was shivering at this point - all the hair on my head and arms were standing up.

The feeling soon left the room, but I am ashamed to say that I was too chicken-scared to check up on River until about 15 minutes later. I cowered and ducked it in the lounge with all lights switched on - I couldn't even muster the courage to put my foot into the hallway to switch on the lights on in the kitchen.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 04:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Boderm

Youre awfully rude, how do you know that shes not telling the truth?
There are ALOT of old houses like that here in NC

Til you can prove it, or Smylee admits its a lie, stop accusing people of lying
You deny ignorance that way

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 04:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Boderm
...if you were reading Stephen King when you were 10... wouldn't you most likely be able to write better now, however old you are? And you aren't.

Oh irony.

Originally posted by BodermPlus, feminism like Rosie the Riveter is incredibly stupid, not that I'm anti-female or even anti-feminist.

Sure thing Bing Crosby.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 05:00 AM
link   
My all time favorite post from that reddit thread was Smiling Man. That one just scared the hell outta me, the writer was really good at making a mental picture for the reader, i'll try to copy it in here soon.
But for now, I am going to try to sleep, its 3:00AM.. this will be fun >.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 05:02 AM
link   
reply to post by ExquisitExamplE

Wait....I'm having a psychic flash ! I'm sensing.....SARCASM !
No wait,its more duly directed sarcasm no less !

See ,I have powers !

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 05:07 AM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

Intrigued by your story i went searching for simular stories with google. I came across this yahoo-question and answer which might be the answer to what the original purpose of that small room would have been:

Creepy extra room in an old house? My grandfather bought a house a while ago and one night realized that on of the walls was hallow, so he started to hit it with a hammer until he broke threw and found a small closed off room, inside he found an old used dinner table and an old wooden ladder, that was all that was in there, neither the table nor the door was valuable. Also the room was completely closed off with no windows or doors or any way of entering, what would be the purpose of something like this? Does anyone know? 5 months ago Report Abuse Gee Gee Best Answer - Chosen by Asker There was a time when people didn't put money or valuables in the bank. They hid them in their house is small rooms. Maybe at one point this room has an easier access such as a small door, but probably after people restored trust in banking, it was sealed off to prevent anyone else from knowing where the family hid it's valuables. Also, if your in a northern state, check into the underground railroad, often these rooms were used for hiding fugitive slaves escaping to Canada. Or check the deed to your house to see who the previous owners where.

Best Answer - Chosen by Asker There was a time when people didn't put money or valuables in the bank. They hid them in their house is small rooms. Maybe at one point this room has an easier access such as a small door, but probably after people restored trust in banking, it was sealed off to prevent anyone else from knowing where the family hid it's valuables. Also, if your in a northern state, check into the underground railroad, often these rooms were used for hiding fugitive slaves escaping to Canada. Or check the deed to your house to see who the previous owners where.

( answers.yahoo.com... )

So that might have been the original purpose for that small room. Do you know how old the house was? What kind of style?

edit on 31-5-2013 by whatsup86 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 05:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Lady_Tuatha

Oh noes I was the 13th flag in the thread...

Actually the number 13 has always resonated with me in a positive way.

Thanks for the good read.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 05:32 AM
link   
Not a spiritual explanation. More a logical one.

In the form of 3 questions...

(1) You are now dead. You can spirit yourself anywhere in the known ( or unknown ) universe. Why would you want to hang out in a mortuary ?

(2) I am the person about to perform a task specifically to help your family time to grieve with your remains. Why would you give me grief ?

(3) I am the person holding a scalpel over your body. You want me happy and relaxed. Or scare the # out of me ?

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 06:10 AM
link   
Oh man, I only go through the first two on the list, I can't handle anymore at this hour. Aliens and ghosts are one thing but that stuff is way freaky...

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 06:30 AM
link   

(1) You are now dead. You can spirit yourself anywhere in the known ( or unknown ) universe. Why would you want to hang out in a mortuary ?

I'd wanna hang out somewhere away from earth lol

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Makes sense

2nd

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Many years ago I was with a friend. All I can remember is we were outside skateboarding maybe but I just remember being on foot. Something happened that I know we both experienced but all I remember is us looking at each other in disbelief. We never spoke about because I guess for me it would have made it real. Not even when it happened we both shook our heads and I remember saying "no, uh ah".

Try as I might i can't remember the experience although I can't help but feel that years ago the memory returned but was gone just as fast. I was really hoping that writing what I just wrote would trigger the experience. But sorry it does not. It obviously concerns me that my own mind refuses to let me remember. I don't remember it being a horrible experience just that whatever I saw shook the foundations of my reality. Then again perhaps its just my imagination.
edit on 31-5-2013 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 06:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Lady_Tuatha

Karen Wetterhahn...

Her story creeps me out both from a scientific level and a paranormal level...

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 07:00 AM
link   
What a enjoyable freaky post thank you!

my favorite is defo the babysitter, well done to the woman who took the call and holding on the line.. could have ended terrible for the baby sitter and the kid.

Regards Jay

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join