It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top 10 scariest or creepiest things people have seen and heard according to Reddit users

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Creepypasta on ATS?

Well if you want the ULTIMATE creepypasta, video wise, here you go:

pastebin dot com /DZv1MRkm
edit on 31-5-2013 by MidnightTide because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by agentscoly
reply to post by AfterInfinity

This one gives me chills to this day! I was in my early twenties and renting a 2 bedroom house with my brother to help with expenses. One day we had a few people over and then they had left around 2-3 in the early morning I heard a noise outside that woke me sounded like someone tapping on my window. I got up and to get a glass of water from the kitchen and my bro was in the living room he said WTF was that?? I asked him what did you hear? Turns out he heard the same thing I did sounded like little kids playing/giggling and tapping on the windows. We both at this point tripping out grabbed a pistol and doubled around the outside of the house each direction. Not seeing any kids as we went and meeting in the back yard as we did our check. Strangely enough both gates to the yard were locked with a 7 feet fence all the way around. No one was there but we did how ever see the next day in the sun light little hand prints all over the windows.

Very creepy and to this day he will not talk about it.

super

creepy ..

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by whatsup86

Cool find!

I'm not sure how old the house was, my guess was that it might have been a 100 years old at the time (this was 1985ish). It was in Tennessee and in an area that didn't tend to have slavery. I've never heard of that area being part of the undeground railroad, so I don't think that was it (plus that room wouldn't have held an adult very comfortably at all).

A place to store valuables? That would make sense. I also wondered if it could have been an attic storeroom that the original owners converted to a play area for their small child. It was child-sized, after all.

I wouldn't have wanted to play in it, no windows and very stuffy.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 08:59 AM
link   
OK this is some BS, no lie 10 minutes after reading this thread I'm sitting on my couch watching a YouTube clip about the solar system. When all of a sudden a song starts playing in my kids room naturally I jump and look slowly over there getting ready to put my blanket over my body (Monster force-field ) and of coarse there was nothing there. I am the only one home, no one has been here for like 2 hours. So i waited a minute to go check it out, I suspected it was this little doll house that has a bunch of buttons on it so i start pressing the buttons but none are similar sounds. Then I noticed theirs a dance floor that spins, so i try turning it (its not easy you have to push it a little) it takes a full half turn to make it go off and its the same sound. This is BS I had a lot of hauntings in my two childhood homes, but rally haven't encountered anything in the last 10 years. We have kids now though and like most people believe kids are a big magnet for the paranormal, I'll update if anymore crap happens.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 09:02 AM
link   
For sometime now I have been wondering about something that happened to me when I was 19 years old. I still remember it vividly and have been unable to come up with a logical explanation for what happened. Let me preface what I am going to say by stating that I was not on drugs or alchohol at anytime during this event.

I went down a street that I had never been down before, but it was near a McDonalds that my friends and I frequented. When I drove down the street I noticed that the houses on the street were smaller than normal as well as the doors to the homes. When I got to the end of the street I found it to be a dead-end. As I was turning my vehicle around a number of people had gathered in the street blocking my exit. All of the people were either a midget or a dwarf. They explained to me that I was not welcomed in their neighborhood and that I should leave and not return. I could tell by their demeanor that they were quite serious. I left and thought about them all night. I pondered that they must have founded this neighborhood specifically to have a place where they could live with others like themselves and escape from the staring and teasing that they may have received elsewhere.

The following day I was talking to my friend Tony about the weird experience. He was so intrigued he wanted to see the place for himself. So I took him there. When I went back, the houses on the street looked normal, and there was not a dwarf or midget to be found. Tony thought I was out of my mind. But , I swear to you, the place had changed overnight! I did not imagine this. This actually happened to me. I've thought about the idea of a parallel dimension as a possible explanation. Has anyone ever experienced or heard of anyone experiencing something similar? I would appreciate any insight.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Shaye Saint John always makes me feel very uncomfortable....

edit on 31-5-2013 by LiberalSceptic because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by MitchL61
For sometime now I have been wondering about something that happened to me when I was 19 years old. I still remember it vividly and have been unable to come up with a logical explanation for what happened. Let me preface what I am going to say by stating that I was not on drugs or alchohol at anytime during this event.

I went down a street that I had never been down before, but it was near a McDonalds that my friends and I frequented. When I drove down the street I noticed that the houses on the street were smaller than normal as well as the doors to the homes. When I got to the end of the street I found it to be a dead-end. As I was turning my vehicle around a number of people had gathered in the street blocking my exit. All of the people were either a midget or a dwarf. They explained to me that I was not welcomed in their neighborhood and that I should leave and not return. I could tell by their demeanor that they were quite serious. I left and thought about them all night. I pondered that they must have founded this neighborhood specifically to have a place where they could live with others like themselves and escape from the staring and teasing that they may have received elsewhere.

The following day I was talking to my friend Tony about the weird experience. He was so intrigued he wanted to see the place for himself. So I took him there. When I went back, the houses on the street looked normal, and there was not a dwarf or midget to be found. Tony thought I was out of my mind. But , I swear to you, the place had changed overnight! I did not imagine this. This actually happened to me. I've thought about the idea of a parallel dimension as a possible explanation. Has anyone ever experienced or heard of anyone experiencing something similar? I would appreciate any insight.

you're about the 300+ person this has happened to .. There might be a thread on this specific type of 'encounter' on ATS or it might be embedded into a thread already .. but, suffice it to say.. this phenomena has been going on for at least a few decades...I've personally have never had this happen to me, and hope it never does..

this is purely from memory from reading it on ATS awhile ago.. but it was enough to give me a chill up my spine..

A couple driving in the UK/ Europe for a weekend just sight seeing through the countryside drove into a town that looked like it was from the 40's, they talked to a few folks at a small restaurant and then left .. the next day they drove home and were talking to some friends of theirs and told them of the town they went into and visited that was throw-back from the 40's ..

Their friends said.. "hmmmm.. no .. there's no town on that road for 15+ miles or more.. " The couple insisted they ate at the small restaurant and told them they talked to people. Their friends said.. "lets go take a look together.. " the couple drove the exact same route on the map and said.. "it should have been right here.. ' as they recognized the landscape.. but the only thing there was fields..

Now, yes they could have taken a different route but they're not the only ones this is/has happened to ..I've even seen this phenomena on TV.. kinda creepy ..

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by HomerinNC
My son LOVES the Slenderman stuff, him and his cousins are constantly making slenderman videos with their ipods

I hadn't heard of slenderman until reading your post so I checked it out and found this...the part where it the recording of his voice was said to have recorded in Tulsa , Ok was kinda freaky...since that's where I live.

www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by timewarpedbrain7
I want to know more about that little room, like who went in it that first time? Did they go all the way in the room? What happened when you showed your friends? More info about the room and tunnel? Loved the story just want more info!! Lol

I went in first, followed by my brother (he was 8) and Granny crawled in after us, she didn't get in the little room.

My brother and I went in the room and looked around, the only thing in it was that small chair. Everything else was just dust bunnies. The wallpaper was old and yellow-looking, like maybe it had been stained with water at some point? A leak, maybe. The ceiling of the hallway and the room was just the exposed beams of the roof, I'm not explaining that right but it wasn't a normal ceiling.

The gouges in the wall were always in groups of three. They started wide and tapered to a narrower point. I remember putting my finger in one of the gouges and feeling the rough wood underneath. Creepy.

I never got to show my friends, when we went back in high school the place had been abandoned. The stairs were falling apart and it was to dangerous to try and go up them. A couple of years later they tore that house down and theres a golf course there now.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Komodo

you're about the 300+ person this has happened to .. There might be a thread on this specific type of 'encounter' on ATS or it might be embedded into a thread already .. but, suffice it to say.. this phenomena has been going on for at least a few decades...I've personally have never had this happen to me, and hope it never does..

this is purely from memory from reading it on ATS awhile ago.. but it was enough to give me a chill up my spine..

A couple driving in the UK/ Europe for a weekend just sight seeing through the countryside drove into a town that looked like it was from the 40's, they talked to a few folks at a small restaurant and then left .. the next day they drove home and were talking to some friends of theirs and told them of the town they went into and visited that was throw-back from the 40's ..

Their friends said.. "hmmmm.. no .. there's no town on that road for 15+ miles or more.. " The couple insisted they ate at the small restaurant and told them they talked to people. Their friends said.. "lets go take a look together.. " the couple drove the exact same route on the map and said.. "it should have been right here.. ' as they recognized the landscape.. but the only thing there was fields..

Now, yes they could have taken a different route but they're not the only ones this is/has happened to ..I've even seen this phenomena on TV.. kinda creepy ..

I KNOW I have read about this on here before. Search isn't turning anything up, though. Seems like the person said something about him and a friend hiding by a hill near a neighbors house and seeing them all run around the neighborhood. Can't remember for sure.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by tport17

that's all to do with "time slips"

lots of stories of them on the net

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by tport17

I believe in temporal shifts, and these kind of events would most likely be something like that, if true.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   
I was driving late at night on a highway in northwest Texas back in '74 or '75 when suddenly the whole sky lit up like daylight...for couple of seconds I could see as clearly as if it were high noon. Just as suddenly darkness returned....I quickly pulled over to the side of the road and got out and looked around. Star lit clear sky and darkness was all I could see....

Given the period and that there was an Air Force base outside of Lubbock (my destination) I began to wonder if a nuke had gone off and WWIII was in full bloom. I continued my drive towards Lubbock with a sick feeling that perhaps there would be nothing there when I arrived.

To this day I have no idea what happened that night, but I suspect it was a meteor exploding overhead.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Great thread! S&F! So the top ten reminded me of two stories that have stuck with me. My mother’s side of the family lived in a little coal mining town of Louisa, KY. We would visit often when I was a kid and me and my dad would ride ATVs with my uncle and cousins back in woods. There was one particular area that we passed coming and going to the main trails. It was along an access road for the gas company. There was about a 100ft radius just off the road that looked like a bomb had gone off. Trees were charred, the ground black. There was some old rusted machinery and a huge steel tank that was upside down. I always thought it was creepy looking and never really knew what had happened there. One night when I was 11-12 years old, we stopped there for a rest on our way back to the house. My cousin, who is about 15 years older than me, told the story. Several years prior, he woke up to huge explosion and the house shaking. It was early morning, but still dark out. They looked out the window and could see a faint glow in the woods like something was on fire. My uncle called the fire department and my cousin headed out on his ATV to check it out. Once there, he said all the tree tops in the area were on fire or glowing. There were patches of grass on fire. There was a gas company pickup truck parked nearby, still running with the lights on. Smoke everywhere. Then he saw him. There was a man lying in the middle of it all. He got to him to see if he was alive. He said he had no shirt or coat on, naked from the waist up. He was bleeding from his nose and the side of his head which was missing an ear. His eyes were slightly open but did not respond. My cousin searched for a pulse and noticed he was missing all of his fingers and most of his hands. Shortly after, the fire and rescue arrived. After they took the man away, my cousin noticed pieces of a flannel shirt and stuffing from the man’s coat up in the treetops above. Weeks later, it was discovered that the gas worker had climbed on the top of the tank (about 20ft tall and 30ft in diameter) to check it. The lid on top had a padlock on it. The man had foolishly used his lighter to see the keyhole of the lock and kaboom (duh). It launched the tank from its foundation and landed upside down about 50 feet away. The man probably died instantly from the concussion of the explosion. Nothing ever grew back though. Except for a few weeds here and there, it was still black and charred everywhere. After that story, I hated going past that place. At night, my mind would play tricks on me and I would swear I would see somebody standing in the woods beside that gas tank. Gives me the creeps as I type this!

The other story was from my uncle mentioned in the story above. He was a no nonsense kind of dude and never told any kind of ghost stories or anything. One night though he did mention a strange story from when he was a kid. He was walking from a friends house which he said was about a mile or so away from his. It was getting dark and he was walking on an old gravel road. About half way to his house stood an old one-room school house. He said right after he passed the school, he noticed a glowing ball out in the woods. He said it was about the size of a basketball and glowed white. It was about 30-40 yards away from him and about 3 feet off the ground. He began walking faster as he watched it. It was then that the ball began bouncing up and down and moving parallel with him. This frightened him and he started running as fast as he could. Still, the glowing ball stayed along side of him. He was in tears by the time he reached his front porch. He turned around and…..nothing. He said he had never told anybody about it. I asked him what he thought it was and he wasn’t sure. “Could’ve been one of those UFOs. Could’ve been a ghost. What I do know is that it wasn’t natural.” He said he made sure he was home before dark after that. He never saw anything like that again.

Check out my other threads for some ghost stories in haunted Athens, Ohio.
Part 1: www.abovetopsecret.com...
Part 2: www.abovetopsecret.com...
Part 3: www.abovetopsecret.com...
Part 4: www.abovetopsecret.com...
Part 5: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 10:00 AM
link   
“C’MON MAN .. LET’S GET THE F OUTTA HERE… LETS’S GO - - LET’S GO -- LET’S GO!!”

These were the words I was awoken to, 3am on a summer night/morn. My wife and I were in our new house, (Burlington, VT) with our new baby girl and couldn’t have been happier.

The Internet was also new … One of my lifelong regrets was selling my beautiful Vandersteen speakers to buy a computer. (A fancy 386k processor that would be obsolete in about … 2 months… LOL.)

I worked 2nd shift. I would come home near 11pm and jump right into a “newsgroup.” I would debate topics and help/feed/be there when our baby would awaken, usually around 3am and then finally go to bed.

My particular interest for these debates recently had been the existence of Satan. I remember one particular fundamentalist Christian that would warn me about retribution and the evil that exists and he would hunt me down etc. My position was that, no, Satan was a projection of ourselves and there was no actual fallen angel. As you can imagine it got heated.

The night of the “happening”, I was off work and decided to go to bed rather early with my wife, say 9’oclock; I needed the sleep. I was really deep in when the ruckus began.

Our bedroom was the entire “attic space upstairs” of a small house, with our daughter downstairs in her crib. Our room had a very small upper deck that perched over the large deck downstairs. There was a screen door, main door open as it would get hot up there.

I heard crash, boom, bang .. just a huge noise coming from outside.. and a man yelling over and over “..LET’S GET OUT OF HERE… CMON MAN WE GOTTA GOOOO” I stumbled without contact lenses to the screen door as I got my bearings.

I looked down, and, not next door but the next house over, I could see something was banging against one of those standard 6 ft wood fences and the voice saying the same thing over and over .. “We Gotta Go … We gotta get outta here”…. etc …

Naked but my glasses, I go downstairs, wrap a towel around me from the floor, and go out on the bottom deck. The ruckus is huge and I’m thinking it won’t be long for the police as the neighbors right next usually handle stuff like this with a 911.

From out on the bottom deck, I look at the far fence and suddenly, a man’s HEAD is appearing… and then disappearing, long, scraggly black hair moving up and down with each jump. Yes he is jumping up and down, staring directly at me each time his head goes above the fence line. I almost kind of laugh.

Just as suddenly, his head appears above the line and stays there, as if he found something to stand on. Wild black eyes stare at me, scraggly grey streaked hair… in a low guttural threat he says< “I’m gonna f-in kill you” .. then he screams, looking directly at me “I’M GONNA F-IN KILLL YOUUUU”….

Adreniline….sliding glass wont lock right away…. Phone……. 911 …. Butcher knife… towel hits the floor but I don’t care… I scoop my baby girl and take her upstairs almost cutting myself with the knife…

I sidestep up to the upper screen door to peek from the upper deck and notice that he/they are still over there, still yelling “We Gotta get outta here….” Banging against that wooden fence again…

Police lights finally. I watch from the upper deck with much more relief now as the officer approaches. As far as I can tell, it’s only one guy. The lone female officer is now corralling him around the yard. She gets back-up, and man is she going to need it. It took …. Seven … officers to get this guy down .. he is throwing them off like rag-dolls.

They finally hold him down… all of them … they loudly ask him, trying to calm him down … “Cmon buddy, what’s your name??” .. He SCREAMS like he’s trying to wake up the whole state of Vermont.

“JEEEFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF”

Which ….. just happens to be MY first name.

I STILL GET CHILLS.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by LiberalSceptic
Shaye Saint John always makes me feel very uncomfortable....

edit on 31-5-2013 by LiberalSceptic because: (no reason given)

Da f*** did I just watch? Thanks for ruining my sleep for the next few days.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by jtrenthacker

Dont mention it my friend, you are more than welcome

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by tport17

I love the time slip stories!

Two good threads on those:

Time Slips - are people really going back in time?

Time Slips and Olde England...maybe?

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 10:46 AM
link   
I have a camp fire story to scare the crap out of who ever is present. It's totally fictional.

Instruction: First you must use a Family name that is common around your area.
The setting must be in a familiar place. One your friends and family know a bit about. It makes the story more believable. Very important you have to talk very softly. Not a whisper but almost. That way people huddle closer together and are more attentive.

The Story

Did any of you ever hear of the old (familly name) Widow's story? It happened a good 30 years ago. She used to live (Inset place preferably country back roads)

One night the old (familly name) Widow was doing (whatever you prefer) When there's a knock on the door. It was late and she found it odd that someone would be calling at this time of night. She peers through the curtains and sees a 12 -13 year old girl shivering and soaked to the bone sobbing and with a look pleading to let her in. The old (familly name) Widow unlocks the door post haste. The girl exhausted stumbles in. The old (familly name) Widow tryied aske her her name but she never responded.

After the old (familly name) Widow toweled of the girl and gave her clean clothes she sat her at the dinner table placing a plate with a cheese sandwich in front of the girl. Like a frightened animal she looks up at the old (familly name) Widow looking for approval. The widow nods. The girl ravishes the sandwich.

Once done the old (familly name) Widow escorts the girl to the spare bed room. Tucks her in and says good night. Come morning, the old (familly name) Widow goes to check on the girl. She was nowhere to be found. The bed was made as if nobody had slept in it.

(This happens for a couple of nights in a row. you can add to it. Put some feeling into it.)

The next morning the old (familly name) Widow goes to the nearest police station and tells them she had been visited by this little girl. After some questioning the police give a catalog of missing persons. (Lay it on thick) After a while she finds the picture of the missing girl. The police start laughing and tell the old (familly name) Widow that's impossible. She was missing for 10 years before we found her remains near ( a familiar place).

Awe struck the old (familly name) Widow heads back home trembling. Shaken to the bone she wishes never to see the little girl again. But that nigh she came calling again. The same routine, the old (familly name) Widow toweled the girl down, gave her clean clothes. Gave her something to eat and proceeded to walk her to the guest bed room. On their way up the stairs the old (familly name) Widow stops and takes the little girl by the hand and with fear in her voice the old (familly name) Widow askes.

( Lower your voice just a little bit) Little girls, are you dead...are you really dead

(Now, You might want to practice this part a bit - Keep you voice low with a little bit of concern in your voice) The little girl turn slowly around and looks the old (familly name) Widow in the eye and says

NO!

You have to screem this. A good strong deep residing NO!

Then every body jumps and you laugh at them.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by PtolemyII

Ye Olde Emergency stories.... Glad to see another medical professional!

Creepiest 9-1-1 call

Old lady collapses on kitchen floor, no pulse, no breathing. We arrive, I start all the hocus-pocus, intubation, CPR, defibrillation, IV....nothing. 20 minutes goes by....no change.

Time to talk to the family and give the speech I hate to give (I'm sorry but despite all efforts blah blah blah). I start my head to toe careful observation of my patient, my habit for this type of patient is to start at the head, work to toe and BACK to the head. As I look at her face, her eyes open, pupils dilate bigger, then constrict to dots, then she looks me RIGHT IN THE EYE AND SMILES!!!!!!

(she still has a tube in her mouth at the time)

I almost lost bladder control

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join