It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jehovah's Witnesses believe UN will ban Religion

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Malcram

The latest:

UNITED NATIONS – Libyan strongman Col. Moammar Gadhafi, facing an insurrection at home, now faces the prospect of being declared an international criminal by the United Nations.

Such action, if taken by the U.N., could leave the billions of dollars in cash and property now controlled by the oil-rich nation suddenly frozen.

Looking to stem a public relations embarrassment, the United Nations also moved against a member of the Gadhafi family this week.

Diplomats in New York see the U.N. as the most likely venue the White House will use to increase pressure on the Libyan government...

Read more: U.N. moves against Gadhafi www.wnd.com...

As the world situation worsens - the UN will become more relevant. The more it becomes relevant the more power it accumulates. Very soon nations will be fully convinced that the only way to settle the problems of the world is to make the UN security council body become more powerfull, able to embargo or stop any nation's ability to "buy and sell" any goods.

In fact within it's body - is a growing movement tired of all the conflicts caused by differing religious ideologies (year in year out). Tired of the corruptions and atrocities commited by powerful religious leaders. Soon this body - will wield its power to impose its own will in the name of preserving and protecting the very fragile "peace and security" of the world.

So in their mind it's a worthwhile cause. What more worthwhile goal than to preserve "international peace and security"? That is the "thought" of these nations. That's always been their "thought" and stated goal. And they see religion as a big stumbling block in achieving this goal (but at the moment - the political leaders needs the religious group to control the people - soon though this alliance will break and there will no need of her influence).

Already - the writing on the wall is clear: nations are now abandoning religion and are getting feed up with it. Soon the world will be swept by a "feeling" of rejection/dejection towards any religious group. Thus there will be a cry to impower the UN to fulfill its mandated goal. Once realized, there will be no stoping it.

Thus it will come - if not already here: (the rise of a more powerful world body - slowly but surely/or in a blink of an eye - meaning fast)

Here at the UN, however, Western diplomats were flush with the triumph of finally getting the Council to address at least one of the revolts in the Middle East. One called it the "strongest statement in years".

'Protecting peace'

That difference reflects the enormous gap in perception between the public and the diplomats over how the UN works and what it can do.

The Security Council was set up in 1945 to "protect international peace and security," which at the time essentially meant preventing another world war...

www.bbc.co.uk...

The above is just a foretaste of what seem to be coming. But no matter which direction it will take to fulfill this prophetic event - the admonition is clear! "Keep of the watch" of world events and "keep (spiritualy) awake" of the times we are living in.

We are warned that these events will happen unexpectedly like a "thief in the night" - and all who are asleep will be caught by surprised - so "keep awake".

ciao,
edmc2

P.S.
Here is where the wisdom - the phrase "buy and sell" mentioned in the scriptures has nothing to do with a literal "marking" on the "hands" or the "foreheads" - (as in "mark of the beast"). It simply means that nations who do not abide by the rules of the "international body", the UN will be sanctioned - unable to "buy" any goods or "sell" any of it's goods.

In addition a mark in the "hands" or "foreheads" simply means that you're owned or a servant of someone - in this case all member nations of the United Nations world body. Any nation who does not have the "mark" will not be able to do business if that nation does not abide by the rules of this organization.

later...

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   
www.msnbc.msn.com...

CAIRO — Clashes that broke out when a Muslim mob attacked thousands of Christians protesting against the burning of a Cairo church killed at least 13 people and wounded about 140, security and hospital officials said Wednesday.
The Muslims torched the church amid an escalation of tensions between the two religious groups over a love affair between a Muslim and a Christian that set off a violent feud between the couple's families.
The officials said all 13 fatalities died of gunshot wounds."

"The Christian protesters on Tuesday blocked a vital highway, burning tires and pelting cars with rocks. An angry crowd of Muslims set upon the Christians and the two sides fought pitched battles for about four hours."

What can I add to this that isn't just insulting everyone involved.
Oh, I know.
I am so glad, none of my brothers and sisters would be involved in this, because they are true Christians, unfortunately the rest of the world, and the UN can not see the difference....

edit on Sat May 14 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: [ex] tags added

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I know a few JW's & a couple of them have become very good friends of mine & my family. These are some of the most kind & genuine people I know. Never have they tried to force anything upon me or do they pressure me to go to meetings etc. They are always willing to help & answer questions regarding their bible teachings & believe me I am not one that just believes anything & I do lots of research myself. In my opinion they are the closest regarding the truth but we must remember that these people are not perfect either, they are human & are prone to making mistakes as we all are but they try their utmost to live a godly way of life bestway they can in line with the bible principles. There are always one or two bad apples that crop up in all organisations, groups, associations, that's life!
Regarding the UN issue: The watchtower, in the early 90s became an ngo..non goverment organiztion affiliated with the program for such put on the the UN. At the time of their becoming one, there was not language in the application that required a compromise of our neutrality. The WT used this avenue to have access to their vast library and also to recieve reports on the activities of the UN. Over time, the brother/s that were responsible for resigning as ngo each year did not notice a change in the wording on the application. It changed over time to say that those who signed on as NGOs supported the UN and it's missions..this is clearly a compromise if they continued. They were alerted to the situation by an organization that was anti witness. When they ascertained that this was true, they immediatly took thier name off the list of NGOs. This was not a compromise..but simply an oversight. No malice or deception was used . .Hope this helps provide some answer to the UN question raised.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Malcram
Its entirely possible that during some worldwide crisis the UN will be empowered to effectively suspend religion. But if so I certainly wouldn't be persuaded that the JWs were Gods reps on earth. They have so many things wrong and have made so many false predictions that one ballpark 'hit' among thousands of failed predictions wouldn't impress me one iota. You keep making predictions and eventually you're bound to get something right.

Thousands of failed predictions??? Wow. Some poetic license there. Sure early on there was several dates proposed for Christ's return eventually being 1914. Also the 1975 prediction would hardly even be worth a mention, as it was not even endorsed by most JW's at the time. No one knows the time or the hour of the end of the system of things. To guess would be futile and stupid.

You should check your facts.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
This thread is fantastic, allowing for some great discussion. I skimmed through a lot of it this night

Also very relevant as I currently aspire to become one of Jehovah's Witnesses in time.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by HardbeatAcolyte

maybe you can join us in the conversation here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

thx,
edmc2

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by edmc^2
reply to post by HardbeatAcolyte

maybe you can join us in the conversation here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

thx,
edmc2

Thank you edmc2, I'm checking it out

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 04:25 AM
link   
Hello, just thought I'd bump this one.

Not sure why, but you know, the trib of Abraham and all that. Haha, get it? The trib of Abraham would be seen as an allegory invloving Sarah and Hagar? Oh well anyway.

The Watchtower is in quite a state of disarray, anybody been following the Johnny from Bethel drama? Hours of interesting phonecalls at six screens of the Watchtower:

www.sixscreensofthewatchtower.com...

Myself I do believe Johnny is for real and that WT top admins are spying using IT techniques. All while telling their peeps that the Internet is from Satan? Such a sad lot.

Welp, ATS ain't gonna save squat of course, but I will be bouncing a few oldies that interest me. I think it is true the UN will make this move at some point, but as to where the Watchtower corporation falls out, who knows. It's almost made to dissolve, as a body. Most corporations are like that, they get bought, merged, downsized, or like in Wall Street, just sold for parts.

I propose the Watchtower society make me their Corporate President and I vow to make them easily as powerful as teh Mormons. They need only send me a U2U.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Volkgeister

Really?? the world is still in tact? explain what happened to Japan, or maybe Alabama or haiti? I'm pretty sure that's a sign. Or take a look at the death of Osama and the protests in lybia. Yeah the world is in tact all right. Take a look in revelations or matthew 24:44!

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 05:28 AM
link   

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 06:46 AM
link   
reply to post by smallpeeps

Small peeps, i'm sorry but your post's are at best incoherent. I just thought i'd correct you though with jesus being the light within mankind. The light within mankind means jesus has brought light to the darkness mankind was surrounded by. If the bible had meant that we have an immortal soul, it would have said so, but it doesn't. Instead you have completely distorted a scripture to suit your argument.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   

I believe we have a soul, it dies when we die. Jehovah will remember how we were when we die, and he will resurrect those who he judges fit and restore us (our souls) to perfection so that we live in a paradise earth for eternity in peace and happiness. I love my brothers and sisters, i love all people, i do not go to war, try not to be judgemental and avoid immorality. How is this loveless.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by smallpeeps
OFF TOPIC POST DELETED!

[sign says: WRONG WAY!"]

Wow! Such an editing! I am impressed. But you missed the most salacious parts. [wink]

I better get to the point QUICKLY eh? CONSPIRACY IDENTIFY: Watchtower has tentacles all over the world, and partners with International Business Machines, to make electronic typesetting for high-tech propaganda saying that they expect 95% of the world to die. That good enough conspiracy to perhaps preserve my little post here? IBM goes on to make the "Thinkpad" while Watchtower Industries goes on to make the anti-think religion. They literally tally their hours spent in service, like little robots. It's meesed up and worthy of such a fine conspiracy destination as Above Top Secret (tm)! Thanks for letting any of my words survive!

We need more Googles to follow up on the removal of words from the Internet. More follow-up so that all erasure is nullified by watchers that record what others would have not seen. Google and wayback record the moves of the sphincters that control such things as Charles Russel, Bnai Brith, and Chupapcabra Pike, who forcast that he would eat the world entirely. Actually It is utterly amazing that anyone would have the balls to deny this topic a forum. Yes, the Watchtower confirms what Pike himself said: "In the end, Christ himself will not be a refuge for them." and we see that the very spirit of the gospels, is being removed with no recourse. When doom comes, how shall you preserve the establishments as churches and so on?

What difference is there between some church, and some Internet domain? None at all. No difference. Both have a corporate board, which sits in meeting, to guide the corporate person. If that person takes form in an ICANN domain or a pass to go doorknocking from the SCOTUS, still, each corporate person is motivated by a body of people, who sit, and direct the managers of the resources.

Think hard now: Watchtower Industries fears Internet like nothing they ever faced. Whereas, all these Internet conspiracy domains, had no life or dollars until Internet came to life. So essentially the dissolving of the world religions will place huge groups of vulnerable humans up for grabs, and they will be grabbed by the ICANN players who do the grabbing. I would be happy to be the new Watchtower President and steer their corporate body toward calmer, Internet friendly and non armageddonish waters (away from the masada-type rocks). yet probably that won't happen. I tried to do some magics on the Internet and I think it worked somewhat. [shrug].

So while CTR is buried under the Giza pyramid, I am prevented from telling how or why it matters. No biggie, I can't do anything to prevent it so in the end, we all just have to go with what's coming. Like when a woman has her water break, just that quickly, the world could change, or so Jesus said.

And the "ORDO" which steps in, will have a certain flavor. The Ordo which puts its boot on the neck of the Muslim and the Christian alike, is of a certain shape and texture, one theorizes.

Who is it that can get Ordo over the Chao of these forces now rising? Crusader going to do battle with Saladin of the future? Jesus versus the Muslims versus the Judeans? Is that what you think will happen? No, these three will not be allowed to fight forever. The boot can be expected.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   

I find it interesting that you would happily become president of the watchtower society, does this mean that you believe in the teaching's of the Jehovah's Witnesses or believe they have the closest understanding of true christianity?

Just interested

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Caleb.K

I'm pretty certain he doesn't, judging by some of his other posts, and his linking to Six Screens of the Watchtower (a blatant anti-Watchtower site). I suppose it could be possible that he admires the scriptural understanding of JWs but is opposed to how the Watchtower organization's run, but I think that's unlikely

edit on 27/5/11 by HardbeatAcolyte because: wording fix

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Let me start by saying that I read the thread fully until page 4 only. Then I got tired of it, and skipped straight to the last page. As a JW, I must say that I am both sad and appalled that the moderators did not act quickly enough on this thread to prevent it from derailing into a hate-wagon and completely off-topic Watchtower bashing. It seems that everyone who wanted to say anything about either JW's or the Watchtower did, without providing any kind of evidence whatsoever for what was said, and they got away with it with not even a gentle warning. Many of the things said were lies taken straight from anti-JW propaganda. If the motto of "Denying Ignorance" exists anywhere on this website, it certainly wasn't found on this thread. People accepted what was said without verifying whether it was true or not, and many even joined the hate chorus. Talk about confirmation bias.

Back on-topic, Watchtower Bible and Tract Society isn't clear whether UN will ban religion or not. What we know is that religion will be banned, and we expect UN to the be vehicle to do it, simply because it is the only way to enforce some policies globally. Even though some powerful countries feel safe enough to completely disregard what UN says, the vast majority of the countries do not.

While it is true that UN itself doesn't have the power to do it, it will most likely not be a UN decision, but probably a decision of a powerful enough country that decided to use the power of the UN to push his agenda to other countries. USA is certainly able to do it, as is the European Union, and such policy could be enforced by means of economic sanctions, or even war. The public practice of religion is already outlawed on Europe, and certain aspects of religion, like proselytizing, are also outlawed on places like China and North Korea. Like it happened some many times in the past to so many civilizations, it is expected that out society will turn more and more secular with every generation as it approaches its end. As Sir John Glubb said on his small treatise on The Fall of Empires, it is a consequence of a society that lives in abundance and on which no clear goal to one's existence is present.

Last, but not least, and as for those people that believe that religion is one of the main causes of war in the world, know that the Encyclopedia of Wars lists all wars that we have some record of, and it says that less than 7% of the wars that happened were in some way related to religion, and on a scale from 1 to 5, with 1 being barely related to religion, and 5 being religion the actual cause of the war, only two wars that happened qualify as a 5 on that scale.
edit on 27/5/2011 by Leahn because: typos

new topics

top topics

<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join