It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jehovah's Witnesses believe UN will ban Religion

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by wisdomnotemotion
I don't think UN will be able to ban religion throughout the world. However, UN may ban religion in terms of its reference in meetings, discussions and policies. It may also urge world leaders not to mix religion with politics.

Thank you - - now that makes sense.

With a country of diverse religious beliefs - - to allow any one of them power in the government would (actually is) disastrous.

The US is supposed to be a secular government - - but it isn't really - - is it. Although it has been making legal strides in that direction on a case by case.

Enough is Enough. No religion in government.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 05:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Cygnus_Hunter

this thread isn't juvenile at all,but attempts to delve into the machinations of an apocalyptic cult

What's the apocalyptic cult? The UN? The UN is also a cult now? The topic says the JHs believe the UN will ban religion. When did the UN become a religion or a cult? It doesn't say the JHs want to ban religion but that the UN does. Again, when did the UN become a cult?

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Once again I'm sorry that i didn't make it clear enough for you,that is my fault completely and i apologize.

The quote you have posted (in my mind ) clearly refers to the JW's,not the UN,being the cult ( although again,I suppose that is a matter of opinion)

Hope that clears it up for you.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Cygnus_Hunter

Oh sure it's clear. Sorry I wrote JHs and not JWs....I'm sure that was confusing. But seriously, you're okay in my book Hunter. Maybe the UN wants to ban just JWs....they're a pretty freaky bunch. Parking in neighborhoods, walking all over, trespassing, handing out copies of the Watch Tower. Spreading whatever it is they spread...

Peace!

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 06:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Volkgeister

hello am gary. aswell as the UN to ban religion the world governments are involved to. a have been to many of there meetings over the years, it is in REVELATION 17 what your friend was talking about, hope this is helpful. if you have more questions, get in touch .

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Hey hate to break it to you but... the JOHO's are finnally wright about something OMG I can't beleive it.....

Well anyways proof is in the puddin >>>

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by KingAtlas

What does this prove? First of all, where in that fake document does it say anything about banning religion?

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 05:14 AM
link   
...uhm..fake? are you for real??? do some research and perhaps i don't know...read....

you have obviously not put any thought into your comment but thanks for mentioning me...

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 05:18 AM
link   

considering how much orthdox religion is used for social control I do not believe a word of this. Anyway since when are the Jehova wickedness a credible social commentator.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by tiger5

Jehova wickedness

How old are you?
Seriously off topic immature comment.

The Agenda 21 document is a real document, that could be progressing the OP title.
edit on 10-1-2011 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by KingAtlas

Okay...let me rephrase...where in that novel is there anything about religion being banned? WHERE??

*waiting*

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gary13

hello am gary. aswell as the UN to ban religion the world governments are involved to. a have been to many of there meetings over the years, it is in REVELATION 17 what your friend was talking about, hope this is helpful. if you have more questions, get in touch .

I don't know to what extent your association with the witnesses extends at the moment but you should be aware that as a Jehovahs Witness you would not be allowed to be a member of this sort of website as you will be mixing with Disfellowshipped people and apostates.

Initially you will be encouraged to 'question' the Watchtowers teachings but I can assure you that if you dig too deep, disagree with anything or continue to question the watchtower societys claims you will soon find yourself warned not to question gods word and you will not be a popular member of the society.
edit on 15-1-2011 by Versa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 06:41 AM
link   

after attending so many meetings what exactly is holding you back from claiming to be a Jehovahs Witness rather than just 'one who attends their meetings'? i have to assume you are not baptised as a Witness, why would that be?

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   
hi. you asked what would the elders say about A T S, well am not a witness. so i dont know. but over many years, i have read many of there publications, and went to some of there meetings. i'am to much of a coward. you assumed that i was a witness, as always the first impression's about the person, may be wrong. so before you jump to the wrong conclusion, would it not be wise to ask the person first. thank you.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   

hi. you asked what would the elders say about A T S, well am not a witness. so i dont know. but over many years, i have read many of there publications, and went to some of there meetings. i'am to much of a coward. you assumed that i was a witness, as always the first impression's about the person, may be wrong. so before you jump to the wrong conclusion, would it not be wise to ask the person first. thank you.

In actual fact I assumed that you were not a Witness as a Witness would not be a member of a forum that questions anything or that might have Disfellowshipped people and apostates among its members. What are you afraid of that prohibits your being baptised as a witness? Surely dying at Armageddon is the worst thing that can happen to you and that is something that will apparently happen to you if you are not a witness.

from my original post

i have to assume you are not baptised as a Witness

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue_Jay33

Not a modification BJ - just "keeping watch" on world events. The fact still remains that time will come in which the political rulers of the world will turn against religion. In what way, we are not sure, but it could be the entire UN body or part of it, we don't know. But as things are shaping up in world events - the world is more united now in combating bigotry / fanatism - brought in by religious zealots and fanatics. This is made clear when the most militant part of religion launched the attack on 9-11/ and still causing misery all over the world. Think about this for a moment - is there any guaranty that 911 will not happen again? Most world events experts say - it's no longer a question of if but when will it happen. When it happens what do you think the possible reaction of the world? Will they demand that this madness needs to end? How would "christendom - christian nations" react? Will they launch a counter offensive? Which nation will be the target next? And what would be the counter -reaction if allowed to happen? Can the world afford an all out war leading to another world war - especially when the world economy is in a brink of collapse? As nations are arming themselves will more powerfull weapons of mass destruction, what would keep them from using it or arming terrorist organizations from using it? Can any one nation prevent these from happeing? The answer is clearly NO. It must be a world body with the power to punish nations - "not able to buy or sell their goods/ total imbargo". Besides as these things become ominous "like a gathering strom" will the world not demand to pursue "peace and security" instead of war? But how can "peace and security" happen if major religions of the world are at each others throat?

What's the best possible way to end this madness/stalemate? Can the major religions agree to make peace by themselves? History has proven time and time again that it's impossible. So what can the world body do to eliminate this impending disaster? How can the world body ensure that world "peace and security" will be achieved?

What do you think is the most effective way to resolve this gathering "storm"?

Remember - God will put it in the "minds / hearts" of these world rulers to do his will. But of course, nations will not admit to it. They will actaully boast of their amazing achievement - "peace and security" at last establish on earth - religious conflicts had been stopped, religious factions/organisations had been neutered - so to speak.

What do you think - possible/plausible - impossible?

Again, we need to "keep on the watch" as things are unfolding.

Side note:

There's a growing evidence according to world news/report about the ever growing persecutions / conflicts between the two major religious organizations in the world - muslims vs christendom.

How far will this conflict go and to what degree? - Time will tell.

But once these events start to occur there's no stopping it.

Again the prophecy:

“For YOU yourselves know quite well that Jehovah’s day is coming exactly as a thief in the night. 3 Whenever it is that they are saying: “Peace and security!” then sudden destruction is to be instantly upon them just as the pang of distress upon a pregnant woman; and they will by no means escape.” (1 Thessalonians 5:2-3)

After that we will be at the door of the "great tribulation" --- notice

"Keep praying that YOUR flight may not occur in wintertime, nor on the sabbath day; 21 for then there will be great tribulation such as has not occurred since the world’s beginning until now, no, nor will occur again. 22 In fact, unless those days were cut short, no flesh would be saved; but on account of the chosen ones those days will be cut short." -- MAthhew 24:20-22.

My hope and prayer is that you're paying close attention to world events and "awake" not asleep as the rest.

“But as these things start to occur, raise yourselves erect and lift YOUR heads up, because YOUR deliverance is getting near.” (Luke 21:28)

Ciao,
edmc2

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Volkgeister
I recently spoke to a friend about his time as a witness (he is no longer). And he told me something interesting. Apparently Witnesses believe the UN will ban religion and are preparing accordingly.

Yes, I entirely suspect that the global elites wish to eradicate and eventually outlaw all forms of organised religion; and the sooner they do this the better.

Unfortunately organised religion is such a widespread phenomenon that it will take some time to eradicate it; I suspect that is may require an "emergency" scenario such as the outbreak of nuclear war or a nuclear "false flag" etc. If they wish to reduce the global population to 500 million, the religious populations will most likely be the first to go. The Americans already have developed advanced weapons technologies which could potentially "clear" the populations of large cities rather quickly without even using nuclear weapons.

Such a scenario is of course rather unthinkable at the moment, but the outbreak of apocalyptic war could change everything. Modern weapons technologies including nuclear weapons are, of course, potentially genocidal; if the US or Israel was attacked with genocidal weapons, whether by their enemies or by a false flag scenario, the response would be predictably genocidal, and the populations of the US and Israel would probably support such actions.

Lux

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
As Globalization gains more control over smaller nations religious strife seems to be a hindrance to market stability. Investors hate market uncertainty and we all know rich investors are in bed with the ruling party.

I thought it was interesting that this comment was near the top of the Globalization wikipedia article.

An early description of globalization was penned by the founder of the Bible Student movement Charles Taze Russell who coined the term 'corporate giants' in 1897,[4] although it was not until the 1960s that the term began to be widely used by economists and other social scientists.

en.wikipedia.org...

The Bible Students eventually changed their name to Jehovah's Witnesses. I believe there is a group who still call themselves the Bible Students.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Its entirely possible that during some worldwide crisis the UN will be empowered to effectively suspend religion. But if so I certainly wouldn't be persuaded that the JWs were Gods reps on earth. They have so many things wrong and have made so many false predictions that one ballpark 'hit' among thousands of failed predictions wouldn't impress me one iota. You keep making predictions and eventually you're bound to get something right.

Alex Jones predicting 9/11 was more impressive to me yet I aint about to proclaim him Gods rep on earth

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join