It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My recent experiences meeting the feminine God. And the new 'Gospel of Simon'.

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by AnAbsoluteCreation

1 Peter 3:18

18 For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit:

Hebrews 9:27-28

27 And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:

28 So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 07:49 PM
link   

There is no more death or dying after Jesus destroys Satan and his little minions. We'll have heavenly bodies that live forever.

When you die, if you are of pure heart, you will certainly have a heavenly body that will live forever.

However, there will still be life elsewhere on planets. And inside of that life there will be souls if they so choose to incarnate. That is where the darkness does battle. Darkness cannot attack a spirit of purity, you see.

One thing that makes it hard is that this concept we talk about is of infinite complexities. Our finite minds can only scratch at the surface. Always remember this.

AAC

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnAbsoluteCreation

I am sorry. i used a bad analogy. I don't mean to imply Jesus is disciplining his children, it was more to imply that if there will always be darkness, then there will always be a need for a savior.

AAC

That's just it, according to the Bible darkness will be done away with altogether after the existing earth is destroyed by fire and the new heaven/earth replaces it.

In fact, the Bible tells us that the new heaven/earth will not need the sun or moon either, because God/Jesus will be that light. It will be heaven. It will not be like the earth we know today.

edit on 9-6-2013 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

I just don't read these quotes the same way you are presenting them.

AAC

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Nope. Existence is far greater than what we know of on Earth. There are other worlds and other Gods that rule over those worlds.

However, I already know that this concept is not something you can readily entertain.

AAC

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Personally, I don't care about the other planets. The Bible doesn't mention them, nor does it mention another race or species other than angels/demons and humans. I have no doubt that some of these demons have convinced people that there are. They will be done away with too.

The Bible says that God will reside with man and make his home with us, not others.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Personally, like I said before, I don't care about these other gods and their worlds.

My home will be with the God of the Bible. The one that promises eternal salvation. I can't speak for the others.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 08:07 PM
link   

It seems to me that you want to limit your knowledge for fear of being wrong. If your quest for knowledge is from a pure position, GOD will not hold you liable.

Not only that, but I think you refused to believe that some of the bible has either been manipulated, edited, or chosen for insidious reasons to be part of the collection of holy books.

I have personally read the Book of Judas, among others that were purposely kept out of the bible and they confirm much of what has been spoken about in this thread.

AAC

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 08:12 PM
link   

I just don't read these quotes the same way you are presenting them.

AAC

I guess the next question I have for you is where do you think these other worlds are?

They must not be a part of our universe based on the scripture below.

2 Peter 3:10

10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 08:24 PM
link   

I do not pretend to have all the answers. However, I do know that there are other worlds and other life forms that are connected to us. The Nephilim are another example of what could have been aliens.

And yes, I think sometimes Aliens and angels/demons are often misrepresented.

The Gospels of enoch are quite compelling.

Let me be clear, I believe you are of sound mind and soul, and I want to express upon you that that is never going to change because that is who you are.

You are not going to sacrifice that for any added consideration of information.

AAC

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 08:50 PM
link   

I have personally read the Book of Judas, among others that were purposely kept out of the bible and they confirm much of what has been spoken about in this thread.

There's a reason certain texts were left out of the Bible. If they contradicted the other texts, they were left out. If they didn't quote verses from other texts, they were left out. If they couldn't find at least two verses from other texts to match them as a back up source, they were left out. This is why the Bible is so repetitive and why Christians consistently look for "back up" verses in the Bible to support other verses. This was the only way to weed out what was consistent and what was not.

However, like you, I believe there's some validity to the books of Enoch, but it is contradictory in other areas. It's kind of like contacting spirits, you should only believe that you're getting some truth, but never believe that you're getting all of it.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 08:59 PM
link   

My Bottom line to the issue of included books were that MAN decided which ones are included. MAN is imperfect. The Message is supposed to be absolute, with a chance for the human error, it takes away from the chances of absoluteness.

AAC

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 09:24 PM
link   

The way I look at it, the Bible is repetitive enough in it's message, that it's hard to miss the fact that Jesus is God.

Tell me again why Jesus needs to die over and over again?

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 09:36 PM
link   

I never said he needs to die over and over. I never said he will die over and over. I simply clarified what OP was saying.

As many times as the Bible says that Jesus is GOD it equally says that Jesus is son of GOD.

The holy trinity, Jesus, GOD, and Holy Spirit, all being one is what people have a hard to explaining.

That, in my opinion, is where the human error may come into play.

AAC

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 09:44 PM
link   

One of the paradoxes from the Bible that leads to the idea that there are more than one GOD is the following:

According to the bible, has any man seen God?

No one has ever seen God… (John 1:18 NRSV)

…whom no one has ever seen or can see; (1 Tim 6:16 NRSV)

On the contrary…

Here, Moses, Aaron, Nadab and Abihu see God:
Then Moses and Aaron, Nadab, and Abihu, and seventy of the elders of Israel went up, and they saw the God of Israel. Under his feet there was something like a pavement of sapphire stone, like the very heaven for clearness. (Exo 24:9-10 NRSV)

Here Isaac see’s God:
The LORD appeared to Isaac and said… (Gen 26:2 NRSV)

And Jacob:
Jacob called the place Peniel, saying, “For I have seen God face to face, and yet my life is preserved.” (Gen 32:30 NRSV)

Oh, and also Amos:
I saw the LORD standing beside the altar… (Amos 9:1 NRSV)

My belief is that there is the ultimate GOD (creator) and then there is Jesus (GOD of our World), etc...

What are your thoughts?

AAC

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Paul said the God of this world is not good... so how could this god be Jesus?

IF you listen to paul that is...

edit on 9-6-2013 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

I consider the GOD of Israel (god of this world) is evil.

But I do not claim to know all the details.

I am actively searching out truths.

AAC

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 09:55 PM
link   

We are of the same opinion actually...

Though that is not the typical Christian mind set...

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Clarification: I don't consider him to be a divine GOD in any means.

If I didn't need to clarify that for you, I did need to make it clear to some that are reading this behind the scenes.

AAC

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 11:24 PM
link   

reply to post by Akragon

Clarification: I don't consider him to be a divine GOD in any means.

If I didn't need to clarify that for you, I did need to make it clear to some that are reading this behind the scenes.

AAC

No worries I know what you mean... I have like a bunch of threads on the OT God...

He/she/it is no God in the sense of the one true God, yet still an entity and the ruler of this world...

There are many gods in the sense that there are higher beings then humans... and some have acted as the one God in the past and even now to deceive

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join