It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My recent experiences meeting the feminine God. And the new 'Gospel of Simon'.

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

Let me ask you, what do you know of Jesus's time through India?

I bet you know very little of who Jesus really was.

AAC

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by AnAbsoluteCreation

Those stories are only told in esoteric literature. The kind of literature that Jesus/God warned everyone to stay away from.

Just another example of other religions trying to tie themselves to Jesus.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   

What religion did Jesus create? What religion are you? How many of jesus's words are in the bible? I would venture to guess less than .00001 percent? So what religion has Jesus's co-signed? There are 30,000 different forms of christianity. You expect anyone to believe they all have Jesus's intentions at heart?

Again, you realize that Eastern Cultures have their own savior that mirrors the words of Jesus, right? Those cultures that have never heard of Jesus must just thrown down their history of faith and jump ship to someone else's cultural divinity just because you say its right? Do you not see the utter nonsense of that?

I am not going to argue over Jesus's merits with you as that would go against what the man himself would have wanted.

But you are stuck to an antiquated version that was written against a time that was vastly different than todays. That doesn't discredit the words, it just makes them outside of their applicability.

But if you could answer the questions above, we could move this conversation forward.

AAC

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   

I posted these in another thread, but I'll post them here too, since no one seems to know the Bible...

Deuteronomy 18:10

10 There shall not be found among you any one that maketh his son or his daughter to pass through the fire, or that useth divination, or an observer of times, or an enchanter, or a witch.

11 Or a charmer, or a consulter with familiar spirits, or a wizard, or a necromancer.

12 For all that do these things are an abomination unto the Lord: and because of these abominations the Lord thy God doth drive them out from before thee.

2 Kings 17:17

And they caused their sons and their daughters to pass through the fire, and used divination and enchantments, and sold themselves to do evil in the sight of the Lord, to provoke him to anger.

Jeremiah 14:14

Then the Lord said unto me, The prophets prophesy lies in my name: I sent them not, neither have I commanded them, neither spake unto them: they prophesy unto you a false vision and divination, and a thing of nought, and the deceit of their heart.

Ezekiel 12:24

For there shall be no more any vain vision nor flattering divination within the house of Israel.

Ezekiel 13:6

They have seen vanity and lying divination, saying, The Lord saith: and the Lord hath not sent them: and they have made others to hope that they would confirm the word.

Ezekiel 21:23

And it shall be unto them as a false divination in their sight, to them that have sworn oaths: but he will call to remembrance the iniquity, that they may be taken.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined

Those stories are only told in esoteric literature. The kind of literature that Jesus/God warned everyone to stay away from.

Just another example of other religions trying to tie themselves to Jesus.

Do you know how convenient your rebuttals to the obvious holes in your approach are?

Jesus warned us to stay away from knowledge? That is exactly what I am talking about how the church indoctrinated people to not let any of the whole truth into the faith. You were given a portion and told to guard only that portion with your life.

Jesus did not want to alienate any literature. The fact that you say that only undermines your position. If you don't have an answer for something it is because you do not know it. Don't make excuses so that your faith fits into an all-encompassing circle. It does not and it is obvious.

AAC

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Seriously? You post scripture that has nothing to do with this conversation and then expect them to answer my very poignant questions (that I assume you don't have answers for or they go against your position).

Deep down inside I know that you know there is something missing in what you believe.

I'm not asking you to believe everything the OP is saying. But I am asking you to open your mind so that the unanswered questions you have can find their answers. Because they are out there.

The wise people of India spoke of Jesus. They spoke that he went back to the wise men and became schooled in the esoteric wisdoms of the occult. That is what he brought back to Israel. And that is what the rulers of the time did not want to be taught.

There are many stories of Jesus that the bible does not speak of. Knowledge is not forbidden. Jesus would never say that.

AAC

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 06:53 PM
link   

You don't seem to get it.

The OP is spouting the exact kind of message that the Bible has already warned everyone about!

If you don't want to believe it because you feel like something is "missing" from the original message or that it's outdated, that's what you have to deal with and figure out. That's not how I feel and that's not my problem.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Are you not going to answer my questions?

Bummer.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

I don't know how I could possibly answer your question any more than I already have.

Do you want to be more specific?

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Yes, please.
Here is what I asked you:

Are you one of those 'Seven Mountain Dominionists' who think they can tell 'which demons are in charge of a person, place, organization' and then "exorcise" them with prayer? Who believe in 'Spiritual Warfare'?

Not a complicated question.
Also, this:

Do these terms mean anything to you?

Strategic Level Spiritual Warfare
Binding the Strongman
City Gate
Community Transformation
Corporate Sin
High Places
Intercessory Prayers and Units
Naming of Spirits

Giving some yes/no answers would be an improvement over your prior answers. But...I gotta go now, Dee.

No biggie. Was just curious.
It's been a while since we chatted! Have a good evening.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

Actually, I have no idea what you're talking about.

Do I believe in spiritual warfare? Absolutely.

As for anything else that you mentioned, no.

All I can tell you is that any spirit that's telling someone that Jesus has stumbled or that Jesus isn't who he told everyone he was is a lying and fallen spirit who's working against God and working for Satan.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 09:05 PM
link   

reply to post by Cuervo

Since, it's a longer answer than I can give here, I've provided a link to...

Question: "What does it mean that Jesus is King of kings and Lord of lords?"

Read more: www.gotquestions.org...

edit on 17-6-2013 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

Thanks for the link and the time you took in the post before this one where you quoted a bunch of passages. I'm still confused though because, while those are all talking about the end times and what to expect, they don't specifically talk about Jesus's return or what he'll look like or how to know he's who he says he is.

I admit, I didn't go through the link's verses but I looked at all the ones you posted and couldn't find it. Often, when I'm confronted with Christian doctrine, I'm staring at exactly what I'm looking for without even realizing it (I do this with the rice milk in the fridge, as well) but this time I'm just not seeing it.

Let's pretend that a man knocked on your door and said he was Jesus. What questions would you ask him to make sure it's really him? That's what I originally meant by my question.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 09:07 PM
link   

10 There shall not be found among you any one that maketh his son or his daughter to pass through the fire, or that useth divination, or an observer of times, or an enchanter, or a witch.

11 Or a charmer, or a consulter with familiar spirits, or a wizard, or a necromancer.

12 For all that do these things are an abomination unto the Lord: and because of these abominations the Lord thy God doth drive them out from before thee.

2 Kings 17:17

And they caused their sons and their daughters to pass through the fire, and used divination and enchantments, and sold themselves to do evil in the sight of the Lord, to provoke him to anger.

Jeremiah 14:14

Then the Lord said unto me, The prophets prophesy lies in my name: I sent them not, neither have I commanded them, neither spake unto them: they prophesy unto you a false vision and divination, and a thing of nought, and the deceit of their heart.

Ezekiel 12:24

For there shall be no more any vain vision nor flattering divination within the house of Israel.

Ezekiel 13:6

They have seen vanity and lying divination, saying, The Lord saith: and the Lord hath not sent them: and they have made others to hope that they would confirm the word.

Ezekiel 21:23

And it shall be unto them as a false divination in their sight, to them that have sworn oaths: but he will call to remembrance the iniquity, that they may be taken.

Gods... I'm sooooooo screwed.

But wasn't "witch" actually "poisoner"? Wouldn't that mean a pharmacist? I would still be going to the Christian hell for the whole conversing with the dead and divination thing but I always thought that "witch" was a misnomer. Am I making that up or is there some truth to that?

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

All of the magic arts are off limits according to the Bible because it only brings out the lying spirits.

God's angels don't work the same way lower level spirits do.

Only God can send an angel to someone. They can not be called down by anyone else. Only the lower level spirits can be called down by anyone that wants to summon them.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

In order to maximize wording and include scripture, I will leave you with these links concerning Jesus' second coming.

"Is Zechariah 14:4 a prophecy about the second coming of Christ?"

www.gotquestions.org...

"Question: "What is the Second Coming of Jesus Christ?"

www.gotquestions.org...

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 10:10 PM
link   

reply to post by Cuervo

All of the magic arts are off limits according to the Bible because it only brings out the lying spirits.

God's angels don't work the same way lower level spirits do.

Only God can send an angel to someone. They can not be called down by anyone else. Only the lower level spirits can be called down by anyone that wants to summon them.

I never claimed to call down angels. I openly admit to all those things you mentioned but I do so with pride.

reply to post by Cuervo

In order to maximize wording and include scripture, I will leave you with these links concerning Jesus' second coming.

"Is Zechariah 14:4 a prophecy about the second coming of Christ?"

www.gotquestions.org...

"Question: "What is the Second Coming of Jesus Christ?"

www.gotquestions.org...

Again though, my question is what would you say. Let's say you didn't have a bible or Google in front of you. Just some dude claiming to be Jesus and you. What would you ask him (or her) to Deetermine the truth?

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Your linked replies did nothing to galvanize your point. But after further studying the scripture, allow me to point out a more detailed version of a possibility perceived. Albeit, a possibility far greater in logic than anyone that you have proposed.

Again, all this is from your linked scripture.

This same Jesus, who has been taken from you into heaven, will come back in the same way you have seen him go into heaven’” (Acts 1:11). Zechariah 14:4 identifies the location of the second coming as the Mount of Olives. Matthew 24:30 declares, “At that time the sign of the Son of Man will appear in the sky, and all the nations of the earth will mourn. They will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of the sky, with power and great glory.” Titus 2:13 describes the second coming as a “glorious appearing.”

So we can agree that it will be from the sky that he will appear?

His eyes are like blazing fire, and on his head are many crowns. He has a name written on him that no one knows but he himself.

He has a name that no one knows but himself? What do you think that means? Could he have a name that is NOT JESUS? Interesting...

Zechariah 14:4 predicts, “On that day his feet will stand on the Mount of Olives, east of Jerusalem, and the Mount of Olives will be split in two from east to west, forming a great valley, with half of the Mount shall move north and half moving south.” “That day” is a reference to the Day of the Lord, and the One who stands on the mountain is the Lord Himself. So, yes, this passage predicts the second coming of Christ.

Sp something from the sky will come down and cause the land to move in different directions. Interesting...

Moving on...

“Then there came flashes of lightning, rumblings, peals of thunder and a severe earthquake. No earthquake like it has ever occurred since man has been on earth, so tremendous was the quake. The great city split into three parts, and the cities of the nations collapsed. . . . Every island fled away and the mountains could not be found. From the sky huge hailstones of about a hundred pounds each fell upon men. And they cursed God on account of the plague of hail, because the plague was so terrible.”

This seems to obviously describe something massive coming from the sky and causing earthquakes so big man has never felt. Then it goes on to say that massive rocks will fall from sky. Interesting....

I don't know about you but the obvious is staring me right in the face. There is going to be an astroid hit earth that will cause debris to rain down on earth in the form of massive rocks. The astroid will cause massive earthquakes, and all the cities will fall from the after effects of rioting, and outlaw.

After which, from the ashes a messiah will manifest and bring us into a new way of living. A Pure way where where evil has no place. It fits the Hopi prophecy, the Hindu prophecy, Mayan prophecy, and now biblical prophecy of a cleansing period where man will be ushered into a new realm.

But like I said, that is if you look at the text logically.

I'm sure you see it otherwise, but the fact of the matter is, you have no scripture that backs up your theory beyond conjecture.

If I am wrong, prove it to me. Thus far you have not proven it to anyone on this thread that has asked.

AAC

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

Again though, my question is what would you say. Let's say you didn't have a bible or Google in front of you. Just some dude claiming to be Jesus and you. What would you ask him (or her) to Deetermine the truth?

In all honesty, I don't think I'd be asking him anything, because I don't expect him to show up at my door or stand right in front of me to answer my questions. Jesus is only working through the power of his Holy Spirit right now and he will not make himself seen again until he appears before the whole world in which the truth will be revealed to everyone at once.

I do see a lot of people claim that they've seen or spoken to Jesus in some kind of physical form, but I don't believe it's Jesus. I believe they are spiritual entities posing as Jesus to lead them to believe whatever they want people to believe. Once again, I'll point to the fact that I generally see this coming from people who are making contact with lower level spirits.

I hope that answers your question.

edit on 18-6-2013 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Actually, I have no idea what you're talking about.

Do I believe in spiritual warfare? Absolutely.

As for anything else that you mentioned, no.

Okay then. Just checking.
If you don't know the "code words" then you are not amongst those trying to dominate the WORLD and make the US a Forced Christian Theocracy.

Whew. I'm relieved.
Thanks.

edit on 18-6-2013 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 07:36 AM
link   

I'm sure you see it otherwise, but the fact of the matter is, you have no scripture that backs up your theory beyond conjecture.

No, I see it the same way you do.

There will be a cleansing of the earth before the "Millennial Kingdom" period rushes in.

However, the Bible tells us that this cleansing period will happen after the Anti-Christ/Beast/Dragon/False Prophet have done their thing here on earth to preach a false God. There will be a very short period of peace either in the Middle East or throughout the earth when the Anti-Christ shows up, but once he declares himself as God and starts killing everyone that refuses to worship him, this is when Jesus will step in.

Maybe I haven't made myself clear enough regarding the Anti-Christ. He will bring peace for a short period of time. He will be performing "lying" signs and wonders to get people to believe he is God. He will try to deceive the entire earth. After a period of time, he will declare himself as God and will demand that those who don't worship him be killed.

After that period of time, we'll see Jesus return with a great force to clear the earth and throw Satan (who's behind all of the Anti-Christ/Dragon/Beast characters) into the abyss. Then the Millennial Kingdom will be established where Satan doesn't have the ability to deceive anyone for 1,000 years. When the 1,000 years is over, Satan is released from the Abyss to try and deceive the nations and people one last time before God/Jesus throws the final hammer down, throws Satan and his little minions into the Lake of Fire and then judges everyone else.

After everything in heaven and earth is judged (yes, even the angels will be judged for the roles that played whether good or evil), the entire earth is burned up with fire and replaced with a new heaven/earth where God will reside with man for eternity.

edit on 18-6-2013 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join