It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HOW is Alex Jones a shill? Prove it to me.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Alex Jones isn't a shill for anyone.
What he is truly is a businessman who preys on the gullible morons who believe the garbage he spews. He knows he can turn any event into a conspiracy theory and make it stick. Because on the internet no one is there to give people the disapproving looks that one would get for parroting the paranoid dribble he's managed to sell to an ever increasing number of uneducated numbskulls who know nothing and as a result fall for every psuedoscientific piece of bs out there. Everything from haarp causing every weather related disaster to the so called and unprovable "alien agenda".

Its called a tabloid folks. No different than the crap tabloids one picks up at a corner store to read about batboy .
edit on 25-5-2013 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Signals
reply to post by Sankari

Politically correct liberal?

You've never listened to just 5 minutes of his radio show...admit it.

That statement alone disqualifies you from any AJ debate, pro or con...

You obviously know nothing about Jones. He's a chameleon: he says a lot of different stuff at different times. You could be forgiven for thinking he's conservative, or even a libertarian (although he's had trouble making people believe that ever since the footage emerged of him disrupting a pro-gun libertarian rally!
)

He's trying to appeal to the widest possible audience so it's understandable that different people will reach different conclusions about him.

But deep down... yeah, Jones is a radical liberal. A real conservative or libertarian would not try to break up a pro-gun libertarian rally. If you believe otherwise, he's got you right where he wants you: wrapped around his little finger.

BTW you are wrong to say I have 'never listened to just 5 minutes of his radio show.' I've listened to hours of Jones' crap. It's entertaining, in a perverse sort of way.

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

Alex Jones and the alien agenda? Are you confusing him with David Icke cuz Jones doesn't discuss aliens...although ironically enough, he did have a guest on yesterday who was a former Canadian politician who was discussing UFOs for a bit but Jones was actually the guy asking for proof.

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

Jones has been around a long time. he has said a number of things about the alien agenda over the years.

The notion of AJ asking for proof from another bs'er if just classic.

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

I'm aware he's been around since the 90s but Jones & aliens rarely mix. Being one of the most well known CT's I'm sure he's entertained aliens but lets not pretend he discusses the alien agenda and or supports it. Even when David Icke is on his show they don't discuss the alien agenda.

I haven't been listening to Jones for long but if there's one conspiracy he doesn't delve into its aliens....well aliens & the Zionist agenda

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Sankari

You could be forgiven for thinking he's conservative, or even a libertarian (although he's had trouble making people believe that ever since the footage emerged of him disrupting a pro-gun libertarian rally!

But deep down... yeah, Jones is a radical liberal. A real conservative or libertarian would not try to break up a pro-gun libertarian rally.

Ummm…how many times was Ron Paul on the Alex Jones show??

I’ve never heard him say one positive thing about Obama….have you?

He didn’t disrupt the pro-gun rally because he disagreed with it. He disrupted it because his ego was far bigger than anyone’s there and he loves attention….even negative attention. I think you’re reading this wrong.

edit on 25-5-2013 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn
Alex Jones isn't a shill for anyone.
What he is truly is a businessman who preys on the gullible morons who believe the garbage he spews. He knows he can turn any event into a conspiracy theory and make it stick. Because on the internet no one is there to give people the disapproving looks that one would get for parroting the paranoid dribble he's managed to sell to an ever increasing number of uneducated numbskulls who know nothing and as a result fall for every psuedoscientific piece of bs out there. Everything from haarp causing every weather related disaster to the so called and unprovable "alien agenda".

Its called a tabloid folks. No different than the crap tabloids one picks up at a corner store to read about batboy .
edit on 25-5-2013 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

Well alot of his videos and shows are uploaded to the internet for anyone to see for free. There may be alot of gullible people out there but he has to make his show appealing as well. This may be why he is so popular as he is able to put together good production value than most conspiracy theorists out there. He also has a good following of celebrities like dave mustaine, billy corgan, joe rogan that have been on his show.

I would say to the gullible people who watch his show to take everything he has to say with a grain of salt and do more research. I believe Alex has done a great job of getting others to look at things differently and question things.

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Alex started off with a radio show. Mainstream Media.
But he decided to break out of those parameters that keep
most personalities fenced in by their contracts. I think TPTB
have been trying to corral him ever since. He makes a good living
for his family. And can look at himself in the mirror at night thru
his humanitarian and patriotic efforts.

Anyone putting the guy down prolly makes less money.

Alex Jones in 2016 !
edit on 25-5-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by RayTheWizardLiotta

Don't forget Mike Judge and Charlie Sheen.

Well, maybe forget about Charlie Sheen.

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Thanks for all the replies, everyone.

I've come to the conclusion that Alex haters are a sub-culture within conspirators, and they use only the exploitation of his media tactics and his occasionally inflated ego to discredit him, while providing no real evidence that he's a disinformation agent.

While I do believe some people don't take Alex's word with a grain of salt they way they should (with everything, not just Alex), this does not advocate the theory that he's a shill. This only means that every leader has ignorant followers within their followers.

The only "evidence" I've seen is a couple mistaken predictions and a couple character flaws.

So, I'll keep listening to Alex and continue to be inspired by his anger, which I empathize with.

Thanks ATS!

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Alex Jones was the first guy that woke me up. Sure take him with a grain of salt. Some of his family is retired CIA and here is a clip of him saying it on the Opie and Anthony show.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Sankari

Not everything is wrong.

Plus, predictions never come true.

We already know the elites monitor everything on the internet. Their method of discrediting is by doing the opposite of predictions.

In fact, it u call a prediction, they would just not do it in order to discredit u. Do u really think they are dumb enough to give people credibility by making their predictions come true?

There have been a number of intels that said the number one way to discredit someone is when they make a prediction.

But u have to take that risk a make a prediction to ward off the threat and delay them. Otherwise, their plans will never be stopped.
edit on 28-5-2013 by amfirst1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by celticdog
Some of his family is retired CIA

If that was true, it would mean Alex is connected to TPTB and is therefore completely untrustworthy. Oops!

and here is a clip of him saying it on the Opie and Anthony show.

He said it on the Opie and Anthony show? DEAR GOD, IT MUST BE TRUE!

I call bollocks.

Originally posted by amfirst1
reply to post by Sankari

Not everything is wrong.

That's not what I'd call an impressive success rate.

Plus, predictions never come true.

So why does Jones make predictions in the first place? Oops!

We already know the elites monitor everything on the internet. Their method of discrediting is by doing the opposite of predictions.

In fact, it u call a prediction, they would just not do it in order to discredit u. Do u really think they are dumb enough to give people credibility by making their predictions come true?

Ah, circular logic. I love it.
edit on 28/5/13 by Sankari because: typo...

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 09:48 AM
link   

If that was true, it would mean Alex is connected to TPTB and is therefore completely untrustworthy. Oops!

By that logic, my uncle is a freemason, and half the men in my family are veterans. I also know a couple of people who work in the government. Does that mean I'm untrustworthy too?

They're EX-CIA. That would be like a veteran, saying that they know some things that most people don't know about, because they've been there and seen it. Do you really think he'd trash talk the CIA and all the other forms of the powers around us if he was in kahoots?

He said it on the Opie and Anthony show? DEAR GOD, IT MUST BE TRUE!

If you think its a lie, why jump the gun and say he's untrustworthy because of it?

That's not what I'd call an impressive success rate.

I posted a bunch of correct predictions, but no reply. Those were just the first three videos I found of his correct predictions. There were a lot more. I'll post them if you like.

So why does Jones make predictions in the first place? Oops!

Because he's a conspirator. You'd be playing out scary scenarios in your head every day too if you did what he does. And even then, WHY would making false predictions in ANY way prove him to be a shill? Are you being serious?

Ah, circular logic. I love it.

How can you deny logic like that when you're clinging to imaginary evidence of Alex being a disinfo agent? You're not providing any more evidence that the other poster is.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by XxNightAngelusxX

Alex Jones crashed a peaceful rally and acted as a disruptive agent provocateur inciting division, anger, and trying to incite violence. He then lied about the event on his show:

"I am Bill Hicks," says Alex Jones in one of his ravings:

Alex Jones admits he is Bill Hicks

Alex Jones Is Bill Hicks

"Alex Jones might be a persona created by Bill Hicks’ producer Kevin Boothe with “Alex Jones” being Bill Hicks who supposedly died around the same time that the allegedly 19 year old Alex Jones first came onto the scene."

"Kevin Boothe refers to Alex Jones as “The new Bill Hicks” and also admits that Alex Jones is a persona.
Alex Jones talks about issues from the 60′s and 70′s in first person context. He is lying about his age. The vocal change is consistent of a male voice change that occurs in the early to mid 40′s (especially X-smokers). Earlier recordings, such as the Texas DPS, they sound the same (listen to the narration portion, it sounds identical to Hicks).
Words like turd maggot scum stab rape kill flush, and many more are key words both use to incite rage."

January 4, 5, and 6 of 2000, William Cooper exposes Alex Jones for his Y2K lies, fear-mongering, and hysteria in which Alex Jones caused national hysteria proclaiming that the Russians had launched nuclear ICBs (intercontinental ballistic missiles) on New Year's Eve.

PART 1

PART 2

PART 3

In the 9/26/01 broadcast of "The Hour of the Time", Cooper calls Alex Jones a "liar, coward, and sensationalist bull-**** artist," and goes on to expose Alex Jones as a liar and fear-mongerer.

"Hour of the Time"
September 26, 2001 Broadcast
"Alex Jones - Liar"

A caller to the "Alex Jones Show" points out that Bill Cooper predicted 9/11 first, instead of how Alex Jones proclaims that he himself predicted the event. Alex Jones immediately resorts to the tactics of ridicule, deflection, and then changing the point of debate. What does "Five thousand watt station" and "patriot methodology in-fighting stuff" have to do with the points the caller brought up? Pure deflection.

A caller to the "Alex Jones Show" said that a Freemason told him to read William Cooper's "Behold A Pale Horse". The caller then warned Alex Jones to be careful, in regards to propagating truth. Alex Jones then goes on a rant about William Cooper and ridiculed him to no end. All the caller did was mention William Cooper, and Alex Jones started freaking out saying "William Cooper attacks me from the grave." THERE WAS NO ATTACK AGAINST ALEX JONES MENTIONED BY THE CALLER!

And just to be unbiased, here is William Cooper as a guest on the "Alex Jones Show", in which Alex Jones lied and claimed that he kicked Cooper off the show for inappropriate speech.

"Alex Jones Show"
1998 Broadcast
Guest: William Cooper

Many do not realize that Alex Jones relied upon much of William Cooper's work as the foundation for his own exposés. Alex Jones utilized Cooper's work while vehemently denying it. There's no problem building upon the work of others, but to deny it is a whole different ball game.

Peace.

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 01:33 AM
link   
The fact of the matter is that you really can't talk about conspiracies (or suspected conspiracies) as much as AJ does and not say a bunch of stupid stuff, contradict yourself from time to time, make a lot of wild/bad guesses and assumptions and most of all, look and sound kind of crazy to most people who have never seriously thought about opening their minds a bit.

But then you have AJ and his antics and personality. If he's as smart as he thinks he is, why in the world would he act like a lunatic? When people already think you're crazy because of the things you say and the things you claim you believe, it might help if you present your case in a way that doesn't make you look the part.

I haven't watched enough of him to really say much. But I think if I was the government and I wanted a guy on the inside of the truth movement to make a lot of noise and steer things the way I want them to go, a guy like Alex Jones would be perfect. And bonus points for TPTB when he makes us all look bad by going on CNN and threatening revolution. If he isn't a shill, he's an idiot.
edit on 4-6-2013 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 09:40 AM
link   
You know, it bothers me when I hear people say "Why does he act like a lunatic? Doesn't he know how bad that makes him look?"

Look, I'm not advocating everything he's done. He's got some character flaws, like everyone.

But he never heard of any of this stuff until he was fresh out of high school.

Until then, the world was bright, wonderful, and full of opportunity.

This crap has a tendency to hit you pretty hard when you've never been exposed to it before, and that's how you get someone so angry and passionate.

The exact same thing happened to me, only it was around the time I was a freshmen.

I'd never heard a conspiracy before in my life, not even the ridiculous and hilarious ones.

It drove me mad for a while. I'd snap at anyone, and I'd get infuriated simply watching a television show I used to like, or talking to someone who doesn't believe 9/11 was an inside job.

I can understand how it would drive someone mad, because it drove me mad.

There were a few times I went into almost psychotic breakdowns over it.

It makes you see the world through a darkened perspective. You look at everyone around you, and think, How the HELL are they just ignoring everything that's wrong? What is WRONG with people?

And unless you've been through this, you wouldn't understand, and I guess it would look like lunacy to anyone else. But I just see emotion.

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 10:34 AM
link   

You think we are wrong for providing evidence of Alex Jones lying and acting as an gent provocateur?

Well, Alex Jones rants, raves, and launches personal and character attacks against everyone he does not like.

For crying out loud, Alex Jones lied about kicking William Cooper off of his show, and his reasoning behind this lie was "Cooper cussed too much." Come on! We are wrong for calling Alex an agent provocateur but its ok for him to lie about Cooper based on a character flaw of vulgar language?

Alex uses character flaws to discredit others, but how dare anyone character flaw him?

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kgnow

You think we are wrong for providing evidence of Alex Jones lying and acting as an gent provocateur?

Well, Alex Jones rants, raves, and launches personal and character attacks against everyone he does not like.

For crying out loud, Alex Jones lied about kicking William Cooper off of his show, and his reasoning behind this lie was "Cooper cussed too much." Come on! We are wrong for calling Alex an agent provocateur but its ok for him to lie about Cooper based on a character flaw of vulgar language?

Alex uses character flaws to discredit others, but how dare anyone character flaw him?

No, I don't think you're wrong for that.

You can hate him for his character flaws, I don't care about that. In fact, he's said and done a few things that ticked me off too.

But I'm looking for evidence against his credibility, not his character.

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by XxNightAngelusxX
You know, it bothers me when I hear people say "Why does he act like a lunatic? Doesn't he know how bad that makes him look?"

Look, I'm not advocating everything he's done. He's got some character flaws, like everyone.

And unless you've been through this, you wouldn't understand, and I guess it would look like lunacy to anyone else. But I just see emotion.

Unfortunately, AJ isn't just anyone. He is seen as a representative of the truth movement. To people outside the truth movement, when they see AJ on CNN ranting and raving and threatening people, they don't just see Alex there. They see you and me. Whether you realize it or not, when people find out Alex Jones is so well known in this community and is trusted and revered by many, they believe he's our spokesperson.

Some of us would prefer not to be seen that way even if we ourselves would probably make fools of ourselves. If you can't behave in a civilized fashion on global television, you really shouldn't be trying to speak for a bunch of people who are seen as pariahs in this society to begin with.

If someone actually ends up on TV talking about conspiracies, the best you can hope for will be that this person will be as calm, composed and rational as humanly possible under the circumstances.

Maybe he isn't a shill. I don't know. Whether he is or not, a lot of people have started their awakening with him so I obviously won't completely dismiss him. Hundreds or thousands of people come to this forum every day and express themselves better than he does without coming across as being dangerous lunatics.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join