It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HOW is Alex Jones a shill? Prove it to me.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swills
reply to post by seabag

The only disappoint I have is that I pictured him sporting a mullet.

Bizness up front, party in the back.

He might have! We can't see the back and I don't remember his hair style!

I know I sure looked like Joe Dirt back then! I cut that mess off before I joined the Marine Corps so I wouldn't take any unnecessary beatings!

edit on 24-5-2013 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by XxNightAngelusxX

I have listened to Jones quite a bit. As far as his staying off Zionism, he has talked a lot about the USS Liberty and the Rothschilds yet does not want to grind down the individual Jewish person. If that's what you like, then Jeff Rense would be more to your taste. Sometimes Jones's petty jealousy comes thru as when he rants on Glenn Beck and more recently Rachel Maddow. I appreciate his boldness and courage in spite of his less than polished flaws

As far as Bill Hicks, the resemblance is very close (someone's lost love child?), voice is off, expressions similar, politics in same area, but Jone's humor segments are somewhat forced and awkward, like listening to a bad singer in church.
Overall I think he is more Friend more than Foe.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Helious
reply to post by Sankari

He's a shill. A radical liberal corporate shill.

You asserted that pretty "matter of factly". Care to back it up at all with any credible sources?

What would you consider a credible source?

Originally posted by XxNightAngelusxX
Everyone;

Trilateral Commission and a Russian passport in the name of 'Alexy Zaplatynskyj' with Alex Jones' face on it (he has never denied this either). Join the dots.

If you've got a link for this, I'll look into it.

He's never denied it. What more proof do you need?

He's a shill. A radical liberal corporate shill.

Seriously need hard evidence before I can believe that.

What would you consider hard evidence?

Aaaaand, the start of hate mongering begins. I'm sure you won't be the last.

'Hate mongering'? Seriously? Looks like someone's sense of humour is broken.
edit on 24/5/13 by Sankari because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

SO, I respect your opinion...

Have you truly listened to this guy?

I mean, not the delivery, but the message. He makes a lot of solid points.

Is he the end all be all in our quest for "truth"? Of course not.

But he is most often right....you have to get past the presentation, he seems to be very passionate about what he is trying to show us that is going on.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 10:08 PM
link   

he won't entertain thoughts on complete media fakery regarding 9/11.

full stop. end of story.

(just like the rest of his compromised kind!).

www.septemberclues.info
www.cluesforum.info

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 10:18 PM
link   
The following video depicts Alex Jones disrupting a freedom rally held by T.A.G. Apparently, he supported it, but his actions suggest otherwise. Why would he intentionally disrupt a rally of which he apparently supported? I will leave the question to be answered by whoever wants to answer it.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 10:30 PM
link   
I tried to take Alex serious for a little while

I heard him screaming bits and pieces of sources and constantly yelling "LOOK IT UP FOLKS ITS RIGHT HERE"

so I did...

ya know what I found, he's all sensationalism and bullcrap for most part.

he will take an online news article most times it's an op-ed piece, OpEd is not news by the way, it's gonzo, don't know what gonzo is read about it on wikipedia one of the guys that made gonzo journalism popular was Hunter Thompson. Gonzo is just lies with tiny bits of truth sprinkled in cause people hate reading boring stuff, so you make it sensational.

So anyhow Alex will quote "New York Times" and give a date, and sure enough you'll find an article but it will only have 1 sentence out of the entire 1 to 5 pages or more of stuff that even remotely and I mean remotely fit his argument.

So this is how he works

He works just like a Southern Baptist Preacher or a TV Evangelist. They take bits and pieces from the bible to fit the sermon they are preaching. Instead of using the ENTIRE chapter in context. They take bits and pieces of sentences in the bible out of context and mix all these bits and pieces together to fit a sermon they want you to believe. For example in the 90's there was a church camp called Faith Baptist Church camp in south Georgia. The preacher actually preached a sermon to teens that if boys had long hair they were gay, if girls had short hair or wore short or revealing clothes they were whores. He did this taking bits and pieces of verse from old testament then sprinkle in a tiny tiny bit of new testament to make it stick.

So that is what good ol' Alex Jones does, he gets to preaching and yelling just like a tv evangelist. Why? Well its entertaining, makes him sound passionate and edgy, hell Jim Jones loved to get passionate and yell made 900+ people fall in love with him

So Alex gets to preaching and that energy he has is contagious, even me, I don't care for the guy but listening to him that energy does come through and you're like whoa this dude is pouring his soul out. But he's not he's making money from advertisers. Same as Howard Stern, Limbaugh, Phil Hendrie, etc.

You want to come to same conclusion I did?

Here's homework assignment.

Listen to 1 show and jot down/take notes on every source he cites make sure to listen to the context he's putting it in. Now make sure to download the mp3 off a torrent or record it yourself so listen to the context he puts it in, then pause and go look it up immediately. You will find it's all a show. It's WWE Wrestling for the ears

For example he got on a long rant about Eugenics a couple weeks back and started quoting BBC article then an article in a New Science magazine. I went over and there was indeed a 4 page essay (op -ed not news) about new medicines research using stem cells in lab mice to reprogram the dna to fight cancer cells. Well Alex used this article as a proof of Eugenics when the only sentence in the entire article that could have been used in the context Alex used it in was one scientist quoted "if this works and they could reprogram the dna in lab mice to fight cancer cells, they could possibly try turning it on so the trait is passed down to offspring and it's possible after a few generations they may be immune to that specific strain of cancer, then the writer asked the scientist would that work in humans, the scientist said it was plausible but that is a very long way off"

So Alex takes one quote in an article, takes it out of context to fit his sermon but he goes around and gets 20-30 out of context quotes from 20-30 different articles and he starts name dropping sources like it makes him sound more believable.

Trust me, follow his sources 2 or 3 times and you'll realize he's just a carnie barker. It's all just entertainment so people tune in to raise his ratings cause they love to hear a mad man rant and rave.

remember the old Howard Stern quote why his ratings were so high?
People that loved the show tuned in to hear what he'd say next
People that Hated the show tuned in to hear what he'd say next

= higher ratings, more advertisers, more money in his pocket.

same goes for Alex on a smaller scale of course, but it's the same old song and dance.

but he has devout followers, but trust me sit down and follow his sources and do the homework 1, 2 or 3 times, once is all it'll take for most and you'll see it's all a show with out of context sources used as smoke and mirrors to prop up his "sermon on the mount"

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 10:45 PM
link   

I don't believe there is such a thing as a shill....just something some idiot made up because someone disagrees with his or her opinion....and some opinions need to be disagreed with as they are stupid...but just my opinion. As for the loud mouth he is simply in the biz for money and entertainment value.

He is not passing any secrets along...just stories to grab the attention of the listeners he wants...money is what he is all about and the more outlandish the claim the listeners he can garner and the more attention he gets....if that doesn't work he goes on a rant in public to garner more attention and you guessed it more money from the advertisers....many of whom are connected to the various banksters...and other bad guys he spouts off about.

He is just an egotistical idiot on the prowl for attention and for money.....if you believe you will learn anything from his show that is not already all over the internet or television then you live in a bubble. He does more harm than good to anyone attempting to discover the various truths out there...an idiot entertainer

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Thats a good point.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 11:06 PM
link   
If Alex Jones is not a disinfo shill, why does virtually everything he says turn out to be wrong? We've already seen a video with 45 failed predictions from his show. How do the Jones drones explain this?

Is Alex just plain stupid? If so, why would you listen to him? If he's not stupid, what's his excuse for spreading false information? Why does he deliberately disrupt 2nd Amendment libertarian rallies?

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 11:06 PM
link   
You see, most of you fail to realize that Alex Jones can't really be a plant. He speaks too much truth for that. Even though he does it in a blowhard, obnoxious kind of way, there simply isn't anyone else that reaches MILLIONS of people offering this kind of insight.

Say what you will about Alex, call him what you want but I can tell you that he lives, eats and breaths this stuff and I know how I feel sometimes knowing what I do. It can be disconcerting because others don't see it even though it is so obvious and blatant.

Imagine somebody like Alex who lives this stuff every day, he can see it all around him and it's his job to get into the pool waist deep every single day. How hard do you think it is to know exactly how big of a sham, a dog and pony show our everyday lives are, too see how corrupt and sick our own government is, how hard is it to know all of that and have so many not even see it?

If you wonder why Alex is crazy, maybe you should ask yourself if you went out into the world on a sunny clear day and asked a hundred people if the sky was blue and half of them said no, it was purple, perhaps, after a while you would start to question your own sanity and may in fact, start acting like Alex.

The cold hard fact is that if we had a few million just like him, we wouldn't have the level of tyranny we do in the country. Love him or hate him, he does something that ALOT of other people don't have the stones to do and while he is not always on the mark, I find it hard for any of us to assign blame because if we do, we should ask ourselves what we have done to help educate the public with the problems we face.

The answer is....... Probably not as much as Alex Jones.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sankari
If Alex Jones is not a disinfo shill, why does virtually everything he says turn out to be wrong? We've already seen a video with 45 failed predictions from his show. How do the Jones drones explain this?

Is Alex just plain stupid? If so, why would you listen to him? If he's not stupid, what's his excuse for spreading false information? Why does he deliberately disrupt 2nd Amendment libertarian rallies?

You don't even listen to Alex, stop pretending that you know anything about the broadcast other than what you just googled. If you had any knowledge at all about the history of his "predictions" and I hate to call them that, you would see that your post holds absolutely no merit. He has been literally preaching about much of what has happened in the last five years with uncanny accuracy.

It's easy to point out when he was wrong, it takes much more acumen to acknowledge he was right. Not that I believe everything he says or even defend his position, I guess it's more that I just think you are blowing smoke.

Thinking about it more, I don't think you are blowing smoke, I know it......

edit on 24-5-2013 by Helious because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Is he a shill? I really don't know and I think if there was definitive proof out there his typical listener would accept the guy probably wouldn't have a show anymore.

I used to listen to his show and give him credit for being one of the first to open my eyes to the conspiracy field.

Unfortunately Alex proved to be a less than credible source of accurate information, at least for me. I like to do my own research and explore subjects in depth and I just kept catching him in bits of "in-accuracy" is the best I can put it.

It happened so often that I can no longer accept him as a source and if he does speak out on a subject the best I can do with it is to go check it out for myself.

Then again, I would hope he would encourage people to do just that.

My suspicion is that he's just a media figure doing it for the money ultimately. If that means putting people on his show who are spreading complete falsehoods now and then oh well. Coast to Coast has some pretty ridiculous guests on as well, they just take the approach up front that just because they put someone on doesn't mean they agree with them and take it at that.

Only other issue w/ Jones is the way he's treated some other members of that fraternity, other radio show hosts, etc demanding they be banned from the indy radio network he's on and supposedly even telling guests he won't book them if they do those other shows. That's more of a character flaw than indications of being a shill though.

In reality, a "good" shill is someone you will never know is one. We know there are paid members of media and the public who post online, that much has been released in government and various groups documents but it's an almost impossible thing to prove short of someone releasing inside documentation.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 11:32 PM
link   
I explained how Alex works, and it's spot on for anyone wanting to do the homework for just 1 or 2 episodes for proof themself.

I posted his tricks above

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Helious
You don't even listen to Alex, stop pretending that you know anything about the broadcast other than what you just googled.

I'm not pretending anything. You have no idea what I know about Alex, how long I've been following him, or how much of his show I have watched. Stop trying to deflect discussion from his failures.

If you had any knowledge at all about the history of his "predictions" and I hate to call them that, you would see that your post holds absolutely no merit.

How can you say that when I've just shown you 45 failed predictions? How do you explain his attempts to break up 2nd Amendment liberation protests? Why would he do this if he was genuinely pro-gun and libertarian himself?

He has been literally preaching about much of what has happened in the last five years with uncanny accuracy.

Proof please.

Originally posted by Cito
I explained how Alex works, and it's spot on for anyone wanting to do the homework for just 1 or 2 episodes for proof themself.

I posted his tricks above

^^ This. The Jones drones are still avoiding the evidence. They have no answers.
edit on 24/5/13 by Sankari because: added quote...

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Well apparently we have a meeting of the B group close to my home in 2 weeks - lets see if Alex shows up - I will have great pride walking up to him in my ATS Jacket and saying - Im ATS lets have an interview - in very calm tones - shall we see what happens then ? (this will all be on Camera and I will email him before) - I doubt he will give me the time of day

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 12:20 AM
link   
There is no proof that he is a shill. He just have a lot of knowledge of the inside workings of the elites and is good at dramatizing it to gain a audience. Nothing is wrong with that because everyone does it but just not as effective as him.

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

It's pronounced Dir'Te

You're right, there's still a chance he did sport a mullet! Woot! There is no doubt Jones and or his staff reads this website so maybe they'll drop by to answer the all important question, did Alex sport a mullet?

But on topic, is Jones a shill? Nah, he's an entertainer first and a news man a distant second.

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Silk

That would be beast! He's been talking about going to England to cover BB but I also recall him talking about running into problems with the UK police already so I don't think its 100% that he's going. Whether he goes or not, his show is going to be covering it and he already has a staffer living in the UK, Paul Watson, so if Jones isn't there you can at least try to interview Paul.

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Everyone;

I have listened to Jones quite a bit. As far as his staying off Zionism, he has talked a lot about the USS Liberty and the Rothschilds yet does not want to grind down the individual Jewish person. If that's what you like, then Jeff Rense would be more to your taste. Sometimes Jones's petty jealousy comes thru as when he rants on Glenn Beck and more recently Rachel Maddow. I appreciate his boldness and courage in spite of his less than polished flaws

I getcha. But my question about Zionism is, what difference does it make?

How credible are the conspiracies regarding Jews? I've never been much of a believer in the whole "Jews are evil and rule the world," stuff. They've never made much sense to me, and I assume that they don't make much sense to Alex either... just my thoughts.

He's never denied it. What more proof do you need?

That means nothing. Look at all the insane crap he's accused of, and look at his agenda. He doesn't have time to deny everything he's accused of, and I expect he's grown tired of it, so he doesn't bother with responses anymore. I can relate to that.

What would you consider hard evidence?

Anything that isn't a baseless accusation or a bias website.

'Hate mongering'? Seriously? Looks like someone's sense of humour is broken.

Nah, I just don't see the humor in things when they start sounding insulting.

But he is most often right....you have to get past the presentation, he seems to be very passionate about what he is trying to show us that is going on.

he won't entertain thoughts on complete media fakery regarding 9/11.

You sure about that?

His loyalty and credibility goes a lot farther than this, anyway.

The following video depicts Alex Jones disrupting a freedom rally held by T.A.G. Apparently, he supported it, but his actions suggest otherwise. Why would he intentionally disrupt a rally of which he apparently supported? I will leave the question to be answered by whoever wants to answer it.

I've seen that video before. And honestly, I can't say I'm surprised.

While I'm an Alex supporter, you've got to consider that Alex himself is a human being. Look at what he's engulfed in, and look at what's constantly on his mind. He's losing sight of friend and enemy, because he's paranoid.

I've gotten into periods when I can't stop digging, and I become obsessed with the latest body count or the latest deadly vaccine. And I find myself acting the way Alex acts in that video.

Sadly, I think he's starting to lose his mind.

He works just like a Southern Baptist Preacher or a TV Evangelist. They take bits and pieces from the bible to fit the sermon they are preaching. Instead of using the ENTIRE chapter in context. They take bits and pieces of sentences in the bible out of context and mix all these bits and pieces together to fit a sermon they want you to believe. For example in the 90's there was a church camp called Faith Baptist Church camp in south Georgia. The preacher actually preached a sermon to teens that if boys had long hair they were gay, if girls had short hair or wore short or revealing clothes they were whores. He did this taking bits and pieces of verse from old testament then sprinkle in a tiny tiny bit of new testament to make it stick.

I see where you're coming from, and in some aspects, I can agree. Infowars isn't flawless, and it can be pretty bias sometimes.

But they make very solid points sometimes, too. And I feel his anger.

That's enough to keep me listening. The reality outweighs the propaganda.

but he has devout followers, but trust me sit down and follow his sources and do the homework 1, 2 or 3 times, once is all it'll take for most and you'll see it's all a show with out of context sources used as smoke and mirrors to prop up his "sermon on the mount"

It really depends on which parts of his stories you decide to look up. Some of Infowars' stories are just suspicions, while others are proven facts. Its more of a hit-and-miss situation, rather than assuming all his stories are fabricated bunk.

He is not passing any secrets along...just stories to grab the attention of the listeners he wants...money is what he is all about and the more outlandish the claim the listeners he can garner and the more attention he gets....if that doesn't work he goes on a rant in public to garner more attention and you guessed it more money from the advertisers....many of whom are connected to the various banksters...and other bad guys he spouts off about.

I personally don't believe its the money. He's too emotionally involved.

Hit-and-miss.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join