It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HOW is Alex Jones a shill? Prove it to me.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by XxNightAngelusxX
You sound like someone who'd be pro-gun control.

Blame the gun, not the shooter.

If someone would be stupid enough to act out of blind violence because of something Alex said, it would be THEIR fault. THEY made that decision.

Since you're so much smarter than everyone else, provide some evidence stating how Alex's information is false, or even a psychological observation proving how he "might be lying..."

Betcha can't.

Don't misrepresent what I said. I would not be blaming Alex Jones when one of his listeners goes off and does something horrible any more than I would blame video games, or movies. However, Alex Jones is not a movie or a video game. He is not dealing in 'fiction'. He is dealing in 'fact'. He is telling the people that what he is saying is true, and that people are in danger. This is propaganda, regardless of the actuality of the information.

Would Alex Jones be to blame if one of his listeners decided to become violent, I guess it would depend on what Alex Jones wants from his listeners. Does Alex Jones ever ask anyone to take action? If he is using his Cult of Personality to influence the minds of those that are more easily 'entertained', is he culpable when one of his listeners, for instance, hears him talking about assassinations and then does it on the day Alex Jones predicted it would happen?

The evidence of his inaccuracies has already been posted in this thread. Scroll up a bit, there is a video with 40ish predictions he made that have simply not come to pass. As a matter of personal reporting, and take this with as much or as little regard as you wish, One of the locations of the supposed FEMA camps was very close to place I lived and I went to check it out. There was nothing there. It was as if he had merely tossed darts at a map.

I do not claim to be "smarter than everyone else" I merely made the observation as to who I have seen in my personal life that listens to Alex Jones.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   
He sold out....(given a deal that "he cant refuse" which is a reference to The Godfather not necessarily the money). AJ, however, considers himself a double agent and is getting out the truth which is what they want to a) polarize the country and b) collect isp addresses and phone #s of listeners and callers. He has his talking points just like the white house controlled media does. He just said that they blew up the helicopter last year that killed 2 dozen navy seals who were involved in the Bin Laden raid. Actually it was a set up for a shoulder fired missile and the shooter was killed when he met the black ops connection to collect his 25 grand payment. He should at least get the story straight (altho it is possible that there was a bomb on board also - as was the case in "Oklahoma City").

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

Originally posted by XxNightAngelusxX
Prove to me that Alex Jones isn't the real deal.

He's going out of his way to make online conspiracy theorists look like crazy fools by being the poster child of over-the-top imbecilic insanity.
Indeed.A Stereotypical hysteric madman that discredits the entire conspiracy movement.I can definitely believe he's a shill,a rather obvious one.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by XxNightAngelusxX

Are you serious?

That would mean my observations are spot on. Yay me... if you're telling the truth.

I’m telling the truth.

I could upload a pic from one of my old yearbooks.

It’s not really that big of a deal. I haven’t talked to him in 23 years or so.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

I gotta say, an old yearbook image of a celebrity that someone else in the thread has claimed didn't even exist until after Bill Hicks "died" would be pretty compelling evidence for his not being Bill Hicks.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by MichaelPMaccabee

I saw some of the Bill Hicks threads recently. I didn’t know who that guy was until then…he’s pretty funny. I can say without a doubt, Alex isn’t Bill Hicks. Bill Hicks is 11 years older than me or Alex (I know he’s dead but..you know what I mean).

I’ll dig out my yearbook tonight and upload a pic.

edit on 24-5-2013 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kang69
reply to post by Havox

Ever heard of Molly Maroney? Well know shes the editor in chief of Infowars, and she used to be in intern for STRATFOR for 11 months from her linkedin page.

petersantilli.com...

Also, Project Mockingbird.
edit on 24-5-2013 by Kang69 because: (no reason given)

This is the correct answer, and the most clearly established connection we have so far. I'm really surprised it took until page 2 for someone clued-in enough to mention it. Let's also point out that the CIA-connected Stratfor (a "private" intelligence agency) was founded in the same city, in the same year as Alex Jones' show. Coincidence?

Originally posted by ElOmen
Check out this guy on YOUTUBE.
He's got a lot to say on alex jones.

This guy is a bigger idiot / shill than dallasgoldbug aka wellaware1. Completely blind, completely moronic.

Alex Jones is not Bill Hicks, and that suggestion is as funny as it is idiotic. They only bear the vaguest passing resemblance, and they stood for completely different things. Sure, they both talked about questioning authority. That is where the similarity in message begins and ends.

Bill Hicks (RIP) taught a message of hope and unity of the human race.

Alex Jones is a fearmonger, aside from being a lying shill for the establishment trying to make conspiracy theorists look unhinged, as Skeptic Overlord pointed out.

I hope this moronic whack-job keeps his promise of not making any more videos until he gets to 5,000 subscribers, or whatever ridiculous fairytale number this human waste of breath came up with. (He said this in a vid he published, which he then later took down. This guy is a complete tool. Go ahead-- watch the video if you need someone to laugh at. I implore you to tell him what you think about his material in the comments section.)

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by iwilliam

Alex Jones is not Bill Hicks, and that suggestion is as funny as it is idiotic. They only bear the vaguest passing resemblance….continued

In that video link you quoted, there is a close resemblance when he showed the side by side as he was talking about a mole being removed. Since then I’ve watched some Bill Hicks vids on YouTube and he looks nothing like Alex or even that old pic of himself.

That poster also commented on the voice change (from Hicks’ voice to Alex’s voice). I can attest to the consistency of Alex’s voice. He sounded like that when I knew him YEARS ago. He’s always had that raspy voice, even as a kid. He used to rant a lot and huff and puff just like he does now. He was volatile…got in a lot of fights (usually won). A lot of us thought he was a bit crazy (go figure) even back then. When I first saw a video of his program on YouTube I knew instantly…THAT’S ALEX JONES!

Anyway, the Hicks thing is such a dumb conspiracy but to each his/her own! Jones may be a lot of things but Bill Hicks isn’t one of them!

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I think he does believe what he says. That's the most I can say.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Although I don't have any solid proof, after what happened with Hal Turner, it wouldn't surprise me if it turned out that Jones is on someone's payroll.

Either way, right now I take what Jones says with a grain of salt usually although he has come up with some interesting information in the past, I judge any of it on it's own merits and on a piece by piece basis.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 04:48 PM
link   

I DO NOT want you to state how he "talks trash" about someone you like, like Cooper.

You mean the guy that was soon shot to death after he started ranting about Jones?

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Sorry OP, you're not gonna get your proof from the AJ haters because they never provide it, only spreading more hate and lies while starring each other. It's the same result in every thread about AJ.

Your proof will have to come from you, not anyone else on the internet. You have a summer vacation coming up, right? Then you will have time to listen to his show and fact check anything and everything he says. He even tells you to fact check him.

So there you go, you will get no real proof, only haters hating.
edit on 24-5-2013 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I just see Alex Jones as some type of non-fictional counter-culture type like you'd see in a sci-movie spouting crazy crap about the Empire that seems crazy at the time but it's probably true.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tuttle

Problem is though the guys an idiot. Pretty much a total cown, do not listen to him.

AJ has been doing this for close to 20 years and certainly knows more about politics and history then 90% of American people how about you explain why you think hes an idiot?

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 05:49 PM
link   
I'm on the fence on this subject as I was introduced to a lot of subjects by Alex but also question many things about him and infowars.

Flagged for the lack of convincing arguments proving Alex Jones is a shill so far.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

So there you go, you will get no real proof, only haters hating.

I have some evidence but unfortunately it’s not going to do anything for the people who claim AJ is a shill, Stratfor agent, etc. It might put to rest the claims that AJ is Bill Hicks though!

THE PIX!

These are from my yearbook taken in 1988. Alex would have been @ 15 years old. In 1988 Bill Hicks was a 27 year old comedian touring the country.

So at least we put one conspiracy to rest today.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Well done, sir! You and your year book have definitely debunked the complete lie about Jones being Bill Hicks. Will those who claim these men are in the same finally deny ignorance? Probably not.

As far as Jones being a Stratfor agent, well Anonymous did hack Stratfor stealing gigs upon gigs of emails and other data and not once did it come up that Jones worked for them. In fact, the only time Jones was mentioned was found in emails calling him & Glen Beck crazy.

So unless Anonymous is also Stratfor and the Xmas hack was all a well orchestrated disinfo campaign to protect Jones I'm going to say him being an Zionist/Israeli/Stratfor agent is stupid, almost as stupid as Jones really being Bill Hicks.

But haters gonna hate.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

Well done, sir! You and your year book have definitely debunked the complete lie about Jones being Bill Hicks. Will those who claim these men are in the same finally deny ignorance? Probably not.

Just to fully nail the coffin closed I'll share a few more. Here is a pic of him on the football team in 88’ (above #17).

And here is a pic from the year prior (in 7th grade).

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by muse7
Alex Jones would be the perfect CIA shill though, he's already well known to the average American. Whenever someone sees his name in a story they almost automatically assume such story is a conspiracy theory from crazytown. All they have to do whenever a real conspiracy arises is tie his name to it, and people will automatically disregard it.

Correct.

You don't need to be a willing participant to be a shill and spread disinfo. Matter fact,,,not being a willing participant makes it more believable.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

The only disappoint I have is that I pictured him sporting a mullet.

Bizness up front, party in the back.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join