It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Answer to ALL of your questions, Enlightenment, Oneness...

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 07:03 AM
link   
With usage of the word "now" it seems like the mind will begin to time travel (Mentally time travel - because in reality we are still in "now").

Another word to use is "here".

Even if I were trying to 'latch on' to something, this would be the experience here now. Even if there is desire - longing - that is emotion here now. It is all contained 'here/now'.

No matter where you are, you are always "here". These words that you are reading now - are "here". No mater 'when' you are reading it - the moment it is being read is "now". The moment it is being read, the words are "here".

Look! What is here? All things are ONE as being "here".

Problems that are not 'here' cannot be worked on anyway. Only if something can be done from 'here/now' can anything be done at all... so no worries, but if worry happens be present with the worrying.

You are always here, but 'here' is always changing...

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 11:02 AM
link   
True to form.

Grabs a pet idea and hugs it til it suffocates.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Yes - this will always be this but this will always appear different - eternally.
You are this (here/now). This is not separate from what you are and will never be.
The appearance will keep changing but what knows this remains the same.

edit on 21-5-2013 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by HarryTZ

You may argue that point, but in my experience, I did leave the present. There are many mysteries unsolved and untapped, so we really cannot hold steadfastly onto one belief, even our understanding of physics.
edit on 21-5-2013 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by InTheLight

Whatever you are currently experiencing is the Present. It has nothing to do with the 'linearity' of 'time'. It has nothing to do with physics. If I built a time machine and traveled back to the year 1950, I am Present in 1950. I never left present. 'past' and 'future' are illusions, they mean nothing in the one reality. If you claim to have left the present, you claim to have left existence, and that is the only thing which is absolutely impossible.
edit on 21-5-2013 by HarryTZ because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   

I think the miscommunication stems from the use of the same word for different concepts.

On the one hand we have people saying that the now is the subjective experience and wherever you go it follows.

On the other hand there is the idea that now happens whether you are there to experience it or not.

Saying that it has nothing to do with the linearity of time or physics seems like a fudge factor.
edit on 21-5-2013 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by daskakik

I agree, I think we are all using the same terms for different experiences, and/or perceived states of being within space and time.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by daskakik

I think the miscommunication stems from the use of the same word for different concepts.

On the one hand we have people saying that the now is the subjective experience and wherever you go it follows.

On the other hand there is the idea that now happens whether you are there to experience it or not.

Saying that it has nothing to do with the linearity of time or physics seems like a fudge factor.
edit on 21-5-2013 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

What makes one moment more 'present' than any other? The present has nothing to do with time. We just associate it with time because it is convenient for our daily lives. All time is happening Right Now. The Big Bang is happening, right now. The solar system is forming, right now. The first human is being born, right now. Gautama Siddhartha is reaching enlightenment under the Bhodi tree, right now. Jesus of Nazareth is being crucified, right now. Do you understand this? It is very important in helping you to realize that time does not exist.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by HarryTZ

If that is true then I am realizing that time doesn't exist right now as well so, what makes it so "important" that you feel the need to take the time to explain it to me?

You know there is nothing that you can post that will override my personal experiences. I'm ok with that, why aren't you?

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   

“Believe nothing, no matter where you read it or who has said it, not even if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.” – Buddha

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I have not yet seen what the OP is latching onto so to me the post read of her insight on the path to peace.

If a couple of months ago the OP was talking about being an almighty god, the strongest emotion and why ego hates Jesus clearly the OP is not latching onto the ideas as they were not to be found anywhere in this post.
I will try to find the old posts later but I'm not sure how they are relevant to this post.
For I am still at a loss to understand.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by BDBinc

Maybe temporarily obsessed would have been a better choice of words.

Who knows maybe the OP is in solid with this new idea.

Even if that is the case, it doesn't change the doubts that some may have about the concept.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   

What is important is not how well the message is received; it is how well it is sent.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   
When I try to express an idea one would hope my focus is on that, it is not obsessional to focus attention on your thread( attention is said to be an expression of love is it not?).
You doubt the OP's thread yet I still don't know what idea it is in the thread that causes you to doubt.

For me this is true
"If you understand that you have everything you need in each moment as it arises then you understand that all is connected and all is well. Whatever needs to be done will be done in that very moment. "
but I forget and then my mind doubts, yet despite this it does not change the truth it just covers it up.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by BDBinc
You doubt the OP's thread yet I still don't know what idea it is in the thread that causes you to doubt.

That it is the answer to ALL your questions.

For me this is true
"If you understand that you have everything you need in each moment as it arises then you understand that all is connected and all is well. Whatever needs to be done will be done in that very moment. "
but I forget and then my mind doubts, yet despite this it does not change the truth it just covers it up.

That's great but if it is so true why would your mind doubt?

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by BDBinc
When I try to express an idea one would hope my focus is on that, it is not obsessional to focus attention on your thread( attention is said to be an expression of love is it not?).

For me this is true

Exactly. Whether you are aware of the truth or not, does not matter to truth. It exists independent of your knowing of it. It would serve one well, however, to seek awareness of truth.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by daskakik
That's great but if it is so true why would your mind doubt?

Because the mind cannot comprehend truth. To know truth, you have to be out of your mind. What you claim to 'know' is actually just biased beliefs that your mind has gathered from past experience. Truth cannot be stored in the mind's memories, memories can be misunderstood or damaged. Truth is an experience. Any claim you can make to be true, I can show you its bias.
edit on 21-5-2013 by HarryTZ because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by HarryTZ

Who said they are in my mind's memory?

How many times do I have to ask you to stop playing cyber buddah?

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 06:09 PM
link   

I will not stop 'playing cyber buddha'. Someone has to jar you out of ignorance.

And to answer your question, the moment the experience ends, the mind starts analyzing it, judging it 'good' or 'bad'. It is not capable of seeing it as it is. When you experience truth, you are not in your mind. When the experience ends, you look back on it with the mind, effectively destroying its simplicity.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by HarryTZ

I will not stop 'playing cyber buddha'. Someone has to jar you out of ignorance.

You never did get around to answering why you think that is of any significance.

And to answer your question, the moment the experience ends, the mind starts analyzing it, judging it 'good' or 'bad'. It is not capable of seeing it as it is. When you experience truth, you are not in your mind. When the experience ends, you look back on it with the mind, effectively destroying its simplicity.

But your different?

Please, I could also take the stance that I have experienced truth in a clearer more direct way than you and it is you who needs jarring out of ignorance.

See were back to a pissing contest because you feel you have something to teach me.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join