It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Answer to ALL of your questions, Enlightenment, Oneness...

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by HarryTZ
reply to post by daskakik

I will not stop 'playing cyber buddha'. Someone has to jar you out of ignorance.

Is this not a selective use of ego?

Ego is the most difficult to detect when it disguises itself as spiritual pride.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by mysticnoon

Ego is the most difficult to detect when it disguises itself as spiritual pride.

From the outside you will see pride. Do not be fooled by appearances.
edit on 21-5-2013 by HarryTZ because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Well if it walks like a duck....

However, I accept that I may be fooled.

Even so, I am still interested in what you think about spiritual pride, and how it may manifest itself.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Yes, spiritual pride may manifest itself from the past, present, or future..but the ego is always recognizable.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 08:07 PM
link   

edit on 21-5-2013 by BDBinc because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by InTheLight

Yes, spiritual pride may manifest itself from the past, present, or future..but the ego is always recognizable.

I was simply stating a fact, 'someone has to jar you out of ignorance'. Judge it however you will, but you will be no closer to reality in doing so.
If the Buddha had said the exact same (which he would have, Buddha was very merciless in his mercy), you would not be making such a claim.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 08:22 PM
link   

I was simply stating a fact, 'someone has to jar you out of ignorance'. Judge it however you will, but you will be no closer to reality in doing so.
If the Buddha had said the exact same (which he would have, Buddha was very merciless in his mercy), you would not be making such a claim.

How do you know it's not I that is jarring you out of ignorance?

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by InTheLight

You are. By making me think, you are jarring me out of ignorance. As I am to you. As you are to everyone and everyone to you. This experience is collective, is it not?

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Then why post this quote from Buddha?

“Believe nothing, no matter where you read it or who has said it, not even if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.” – Buddha

Are you saying now that we should ignore what Buddha is saying here and only believe the ideas which you are proposing?

I am with Buddha on the above quote, by the way. If a teaching does not agree with my own reason and common sense, then I will not adopt it.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 08:35 PM
link   

You are. By making me think, you are jarring me out of ignorance. As I am to you. As you are to everyone and everyone to you. This experience is collective, is it not?

Making someone think has quite a different meaning than "jarring them out of ignorance", which i am sure you already know.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Indeed it is...this magical experience of an aware and intelligent existence (with the added bonus of opposable thumbs).

edit on 21-5-2013 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 09:26 PM
link   

I understand now, it was that the thread was not the answer to ALL your questions.

Why would your mind doubt the truth?
I forget who I am and when I do doubts enter my mind , yet despite this it does not change the truth it just covers it up. I start thinking of the past and imagine the future I think the past events will happen again. I let thoughts of fear and desire of the past enter the mind. This past /future confusion does not clear until I meditate which brings me back to NOW moment without the doubt and fear.
Has your mind never once doubted the truth?

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Mysticnoon - I posted that quote from the Buddha to make sure that nobody would blindly follow every word I said. Buddha may have said it, but it applies to every teaching, from every person.

InTheLight - This world would be much better off if everyone looked at life as you do.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by BDBinc

I understand now, it was that the thread was not the answer to ALL your questions.

Why would your mind doubt the truth?
I forget who I am and when I do doubts enter my mind , yet despite this it does not change the truth it just covers it up. I start thinking of the past and imagine the future I think the past events will happen again. I let thoughts of fear and desire of the past enter the mind. This past /future confusion does not clear until I meditate which brings me back to NOW moment without the doubt and fear.

Mind will always doubt truth. Soul will always know it.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by BDBinc

I don't really have those types of questions anymore so it wasn't like I felt let down or something like that.

It has been my experience that the concept that is presented in the OP, as I understand it, has never really answered questions. I understand that it can do away with many superfluous questions. Some may say that it is just semantics but, not asking a question and having a question answered are not the same thing.

I'll be honest with you, I don't really understand what you mean by that question. I mean it seems like a simple question but what do "mind", "doubt" and "truth" mean to you?

edit on 21-5-2013 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 11:48 PM
link   

With your definitions of mind and truth if you like.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by BDBinc

The reason I asked is because with my definitions it is hard to pin down what the question is really asking.

I'm not trying to be difficult. So, if I may, I will change the question to what I think you are asking. Have I ever questioned what I felt was true? Sure.

In my early teens I was a devout christian. By my mid teens I started questioning that. Every now and then I would read a book that would make me question things again. I have never really meditated but I have had certain experiences that I think have given me glimpses of the truth. It wasn't until I started participating in threads like these that I realized that I had stopped asking those types of questions.

edit on 22-5-2013 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Your answer to me was sure and that you have questioned your beliefs.
I only asked the question because I was trying answer your question to me which was:
“That's great but if it is so true why would your mind doubt?”
by asking you a question and your answer would be that you would have experienced the doubting egomind in action (answering your own question).
Historically I have been wrong when my mind doubted the truth, but I can’t seem to pin you down with even a possibility of the experience.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 03:46 AM
link   
reply to post by BDBinc

The reason that I asked the question was because of the affirmation of what you pointed out as true. In that moment how could it not be true? You had just said that it was true, at least for you.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Yet you doubt the OP's experience(thinking about it makes it an experience) of unity.
Good enough that it is to you a subjective truth.
So why don't you test the truth out on yourself before doubting?
Live a day in the NOW.
Be without being anything.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join