It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Answer to ALL of your questions, Enlightenment, Oneness...

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by daskakik

Perhaps I misunderstand the experience you are speaking of.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Perhaps I misunderstand the experience you are speaking of.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by HarryTZ

Well for starters, I understand that the OP is talking about living in the now. Not longing for the past or worrying about the future. Living in the moment with the internal dialog in silence.

For me, that is a different experience than reaching a state through meditation or any other means where you feel that you are surrounded by a sea of nothing and even that is different than feeling yourself dissolve into nothing.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Don't think too much about it. All will be yours, sooner or later.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by HarryTZ

Did you post that in the wrong thread?

Like I said, I have already experienced these things.
edit on 20-5-2013 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 04:27 PM
link   

I was speaking specifically of the blissful merging with existence, of Nibbana. Don't make it a goal. The journey is the destination, remember that. That is what is meant by 'live in the moment'.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by HarryTZ

I never said it was my goal and I sure didn't ask for directions.

So, if the purpose of life is to experience different things, which includes suffering then, nirvana (release from suffering) would be counterproductive.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   

I am simply trying to help. I am not implying you made it a goal, I was warning you to avoid it.
And it may seem counterproductive, but if an entire universe was created for that purpose, there must be something to it

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by HarryTZ

What makes you think an entire universe was created for that purpose?

Basically the only thing we have going on is a pissing contest. My experience is bigger than yours.

Funny thing is that when I said I had had your experience, as well as others, you came back with nuh uh.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Actually, I don't remember why I created the universe.

I honestly thought we were just having a discussion. I have no idea what you have and have not experienced, so I apologize for making assumptions.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by InTheLight
reply to post by arpgme

So, let's assume one has tranformed their dictator ego into their messenger and has achieved (or discovered) a personal perceived state of perfection, or completeness, to me, that state of being still needs to be integrated with the others; physical, intellectual, higher intellect, psychic, etc. - past, present, and future.

I thought everything was contained in the NOW(past and future)so it is already integrated.

Originally posted by InTheLight
reply to post by arpgme

"Hindsight, or our ability to see our past clearly, is a learning function that, when damaged ... renders us unable to look at the past to guide ourselves through the present and into the future. Without this ability, we cannot learn from our mistakes. We cannot clean up the wreckage of our actions. We are locked into a cycle of repeating the same thing over and over again, expecting different results. This is commonly known as the definition of insanity."

I have experienced amnesia and there is something in the NOW that guides one. Intelligently.

When we do not learn from experiences and have to repeat them I do not think in these cases that my stupidity is because of not remembering the past. My desires and fears( mentally focusing on pain or pleasure in the past) is what makes me make the same mistakes repeatedly. Avoiding pain and seeking pleasure, but if I am in the now and accepting of both of any experience as fresh and new how can I harm, I want nothing as I need nothing and I fear nothing as nothing can harm nothing?

edit on 20-5-2013 by BDBinc because: (must be filled out)

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by BDBinc

I once consciously regressed into the past, and it was obvious to me, that all facets of my being (except the physical) were no longer in the now. I was reliving a past life, which was as real as being conscious in the present.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by InTheLight

You never left the present. Maybe your present moved into an experience you've already had, but you cannot leave present.
edit on 20-5-2013 by HarryTZ because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by BDBinc

Originally posted by BDBinc
I thought everything was contained in the NOW(past and future)so it is already integrated.

If you are think about the past or the future you are thinking about it now, so yes, all is already integrated.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 01:12 AM
link   

edit on 21-5-2013 by BDBinc because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by InTheLight

It felt real because you give it reality (you are real).

While I am dreaming the dream seems real .
edit on 21-5-2013 by BDBinc because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj said "Experience is of change, it comes and goes. Reality is not an event, it cannot be experienced' & "Neither action nor feeling nor thought express reality"

So we should not be waiting for an experience" of enlightenment/reality. It is un missable.
My mind is the thief whom I need to watch least it tells me enlightenment is not self evident(or that is an experience).

Harry and Daskakik can we ask the OP if its an experience? -then if we want to be personalities/egos we can continue to argue over each others subjective feelings,thoughts and actions .

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 03:02 AM
link   
reply to post by BDBinc

Experience is just a word used to convey an idea.

Just like the "now" in which that word was typed is not the "now" in which you are reading it.

I guess we could ask arpgme what it was but, honestly it makes no difference. Could have been an experience or a realization, an epiphany, a moment of clarity or any other word used to convey an idea.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by daskakik
reply to post by BDBinc

Experience is just a word used to convey an idea.

Just like the "now" in which that word was typed is not the "now" in which you are reading it.

Experience is of the changeable.

It is in the now. now.

Originally posted by daskakik
reply to post by BDBinc

I guess we could ask arpgme what it was but, honestly it makes no difference. Could have been an experience or a realization, an epiphany, a moment of clarity or any other word used to convey an idea.

Doesn't it make a difference to you . But it does to me for if it is outside my mind it would be unmistakably mind- blowingly real?(but not an experience)

But you are right wording for that which is beyond words is not important, but the words are pointers that should point one the right way.

I still do not understand why you are so convinced that the OP's enlightenment is just another illusion to her ?
I would like to understand.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by BDBinc
Experience is of the changeable.

It is in the now. now.

It was when you typed it but it is the then then when I read it. Different nows yet the message is understood even if I experienced it after the now now.

Doesn't it make a difference to you . But it does to me for if it is outside my mind it would be unmistakably mind- blowingly real?(but not an experience)

But you are right wording for that which is beyond words is not important, but the words are pointers that should point one the right way.

I still do not understand why you are so convinced that the OP's enlightenment is just another illusion to her ?
I would like to understand.

Well "experience" could be one way that you may choose to share it with others.

The OP tends to latch on to things. A year ago (my times might be off) it was the most spiritual color. A couple of months ago the OP was talking about being an almighty god, the strongest emotion and why ego hates Jesus.

This just seems, to me, like more of the same.
edit on 21-5-2013 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join