It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Answer to ALL of your questions, Enlightenment, Oneness...

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

I don't live in that illusion or your new illusion so, all I can say is that you might want to consider that there is something beyond your new found wholeness.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme

There is nothing (silence/wholeness) which captures something (thought/images/form/matter), what is beyond something? and what is beyond this 'nothing' which forms 'something'?

Wholeness is silence and can be considered 'nothing' because it is the space that is whole and full and yet all 'things' are birth from it, like a thought (light/imagery) arising in the mind (space/silence/peace/wholeness).
edit on 19-5-2013 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

This realization of wholeness, oneness, silence, nothingness, all this may be yet another layer of illusion.

The mind/ego do not surrender as easily as you may imagine. The mind is quite capable of appearing as this wholeness, or the nothing beyond the something.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by daskakik

What "thing" can exist beyond everything? (wholeness)

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   

reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

When one realizes that they are whole, the 'longing' obsession to control others is gone and peace is found.

Not only peace but we learn who we really are...I understand...
edit on 19-5-2013 by MegaSpace because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-5-2013 by MegaSpace because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Anything, if what you are calling wholeness is also being mislabled by you as everything.

I think you are just excited about a new view on life and there is nothing wrong with that but, it doesn't mean you have stumbled onto the knowledge of what "everything" is.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by mysticnoon

This realization of wholeness, oneness, silence, nothingness, all this may be yet another layer of illusion.

The mind/ego do not surrender as easily as you may imagine. The mind is quite capable of appearing as this wholeness, or the nothing beyond the something.

Why are you all focusing on the mind? what about the way one is living or the way one conducts with others?

Doesn't our experiances shape who we are, and our actions shape who we will become.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by MegaSpace

Why are you all focusing on the mind? what about the way one is living or the way one conducts with others?

Doesn't our experiances shape who we are, and our actions shape who we will become.

I was addressing the OP's assertion that the realization of oneness or wholeness is the answer to all questions, that it is the ultimate enlightenment.

Whether we wish it or not, mind is present in all those things, regardless of the focus of our attention. We may give our attention to actions and experiences in life, or we may keep our attention in our sense of oneness while experiencing life, but either way, mind is present. And where there is mind, there is potential for delusion.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by daskakik
Anything, if what you are calling wholeness is also being mislabled by you as everything.

Everything that exists is existence (one 'thing' - all one quality 'to be' - wholeness).

If there is some "other thing" then that is also a part of existence.

reply to post by MegaSpace

Originally posted by MegaSpace

There is nothing that one 'must' become.
Reality (existence - being) is just happening.
Any 'goal' is an idea that exists WITHIN existence, not beyond it.
What is beyond existence? Emptiness, space (wholeness), silence, etc.

It will happen as it does.

If you put your hand on the hot stove and it burns, you can put your hand back on it or not.
If it happens, it happens. If it doesn't, it doesn't. It is what it is.

It seems that if people were to realize they are complete and there is no need to obsess over thoughts of lack - then it could lead to not feeling 'lack' (aggression, control, seeking), but it will be what it is until it no longer isn't.

reply to post by mysticnoon

Whether we wish it or not, mind is present in all those things, regardless of the focus of our attention. We may give our attention to actions and experiences in life, or we may keep our attention in our sense of oneness while experiencing life, but either way, mind is present. And where there is mind, there is potential for delusion.

Mind is present within all things. It is dark, silence, and observing. Thoughts (light/imagery) arises within it and are watched. Mind watches, delusion comes from believing lies. Where there is no thought/words, there is no lie, only truth is seen.

So understand what is there beyond the thought/words, and you'll understand the truth, and then it becomes clouded with thoughts again but the truth can still be known.

People can come into a house and leave. This is a metaphor:
The empty space inside the house is "the mind" and the people who come and go are "thoughts"

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Sounds logical but that isn't the problem.

The problem is that you are labeling things without knowing what they really are.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 07:17 PM
link   

"Things", known or unknown is "existence" (to be). Any "thing" that exists is existence.
Existence is the quality of "to be" and through this quality all is one (wholeness).
There is no 'lack', reality just happens.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

I use the word things because I have no choice. Just because you say wholeness is everything doesn't mean that that is actually what you are experiencing or that they are even the same.

edit on 19-5-2013 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 07:25 PM
link   

I use the word things because I have no choice.

Whatever 'it' is, whether it is known or not, or even not understandable to the human way of thing...

whatever 'it' is, the essence/existence is still a "to be" (existence)...

nothing (emptiness/space) is...
form (appearance / thought / things/ spirits / whatever is out there) is...

"is" (existence) is what connects it

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Yes and logically and philosophically that is correct but it doesn't mean that that is what you have experienced.

You can call what you have experienced anything you want but, it doesn't make it so.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 07:42 PM
link   

The title of this thread is 'The Answer to all of your questions,...'

Maybe a more accurate title would have been "the explanation of the oneness of all and why seeking is an illusion since it implies "two-ness", but it is what it is...

Everything is explained in the thread as 'wholeness' as everything that exists is "to be" (existence)

So if this is correct:

Yes and logically and philosophically that is correct

then this is irrelevant:

You can call what you have experienced anything you want but, it doesn't make it so.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Actually it is relevant because the first is true in the mental gymnastics category which does not necessarily apply to reality.

You are trying to validate it through your experience but what is being described in that idea might not be what you experienced. You might just be under the impression that it is.
edit on 19-5-2013 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Maybe a more accurate title would have been "the explanation of the oneness of all and why seeking is an illusion since it implies "two-ness", but it is what it is...

Everything is explained in the thread as 'wholeness' as everything that exists is "to be" (existence)

I engage in deep philosophical discussions in dreamsate, and I even imagine that I realize truth in dreams, but when I awake I know that I had been dreaming, and that the dream was an illusion.

Perhaps we will wake from these discussions and perceptions occuring in normal consciousness to discover that this, too, is only an illusion?

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 08:35 PM
link   

reply to post by arpgme

I don't live in that illusion or your new illusion so, all I can say is that you might want to consider that there is something beyond your new found wholeness.

Of course the truest reality is nothingness, which is infinite bliss.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by mysticnoon

I engage in deep philosophical discussions in dreamsate, and I even imagine that I realize truth in dreams, but when I awake I know that I had been dreaming, and that the dream was an illusion.

Perhaps we will wake from these discussions and perceptions occuring in normal consciousness to discover that this, too, is only an illusion?

good and evil
light and darkness
truth and lies

all of it is 'one' because it is all 'to be' (existence). If it is occurring it is existence. Lies are thoughts and words, and thoughts and words exists.

At the core of all things, is the "to be" (is - is existence) and that is where the unity/wholeness/oneness is.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by HarryTZ
Of course the truest reality is nothingness, which is infinite bliss.

I'm not sure. I don't think it is the same thing that the OP is talking about. It may be but it really doesn't seem the same to me.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 10:45 PM
link   

I assure you, this is what the OP is speaking of.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join