It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Petition "Stop Any and All Islamic Immigration Into the US"

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by ratcals

I didn't make up the title Radical Islam. Society did. Besides you never hear the term Radical Christian or Radical Jew now do you.

Radical fundamentalist Christians, like the kind that bomb clinics and things like that? Never! Radical Zionist Jews? Good thing a Jewish state like Israel doesn't have any of those in charge of the place or the whole middle east would be a hotbed of unrest, and good lord don't let anyone like that influence our politics none. You may have a point there about Muslims. It's not like we send the CIA into the the middle east to train them to be radicals for some nefarious political agendas and stuff like that.

Maintain the good ol' US of A as the homey, help-your-neighbor, safe and friendly place it has always been. We don't go 'round messin' in no one else's affairs and don't want no one messin' in ours.

edit on 8-5-2013 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Echo007

America is not a English only country...it was built on immigration and the ancestors of these people are still around. You can bet that a lot of them did not speak English.

The First Nations people also did not speak English.

So where exactly does it state that America is only English speaking.

English Only?

To claim that languages aside from English have no place or history in the United States is a narrow view that isn't backed up by the facts.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Many petitions have been posted on the ATS forums from many different sites across the internet. I've signed a few and looked at many more. But I see no reason to have anything to do with this one. It's religious discrimination and it's bound to affect more than a few innocent Islamic families trying to escape the same stuff influencing this petition. Sorry, not signing. I hope I'm not the only one who feels this way.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Echo007
I wouldn't agree with a petition like that. I don't have any problems with legal immigration. What bothers me is our Government not doing everything within its power to protect our border with Mexico keeping illegals out and doing more to deport the illegals already here.

Want to live in America learn to speak English.

It would probably bother you even more if you realized that there is a back door policy open to encourage undocumented immigration for cheap labor. And the reason that is the preferred system is so they can be exploited and not have to be paid regular wages or have workers' protections. There was a time when all was documented, they paid into our Social Security, and some were kept on for many years because they were good workers. Then some had the nerve to return to Mexico and draw the Social Security benefits while others asked for good working conditions like American workers had. Such audacity!

If Americans should be required to speak English then the United States ought to adopt English as its official language. As it stands presently, it is not.

edit on 8-5-2013 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Erongaricuaro

If Americans should be required to speak English then the United States ought to adopt English as its official language. As it stands presently, it is not.

Star.

I thought that was an Inalienable right, Eron..........

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by phishyblankwaters
reply to post by ratcals

You do realize your country was founded to get away from garbage just like that right? I mean, you do get why the US exists right? To be free from political and religious discrimination.

I think that is his point yes.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
Well, that would be a sensible way to do it. They can get their educations elsewhere. They can take their money to a different country and help their economies grow.

Not to put too fine a point on it, but there are very few Muslims among the Indian and Chinese immigrants. Just trying to allay your fears.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Im just gonna drop this in here.

People on ats see a sign from a young latin artist in austin and its racist. they said what again? ariba la raza meant to attack the US or some bs like that? right?

You people go look up caliphate and the people involved with that and post your thoughts on it since its relevant to the ops post.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by ratcals

Hmmm... If you are worried about them, taking over you, then just do what people have done forever. "Be fruitful and multiply" That ought to get em!

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by ratcals

Hitler
Dalhmer
Charles Manson
Stalin
Timothy McVeigh

I wouldn't sign that petition. I have as much respect for Islamic people that I do Christians.

They have a lower murder rate, teen pregnancy rate, and I'm guessing every violent crime you can think of their rates are lower than most Caucasian Christian nations in just about all Islamic nations.

A few zealots and radical fundamentalists do not define the population of any religious group.

edit on 8-5-2013 by Miracula because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by ratcals

It will only be a matter of time before there are enough Mulsims, radical or not, who will have a loud enough voice to influence matters on a national level.

Muslims are an extreme minority in this country.

Most of them were born in the USA and are just as American as you or anyone else. You must have never of met or knew any Muslim Americans.

A lot of Muslim immigrants come here and start their own business in areas that most Americans would not. They are good for the economy.

ATS is full of extremely sheltered people who think they understand how the world works. There's a lot more to America than corn fields and Christians. You should try to experience it sometime.

edit on 8-5-2013 by WaterBottle because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Wow.

How about the CIS vets all immigrants more thoroughly before granting visas.

I hate xenophobic, racist bastards.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by StarsInDust
reply to post by ratcals

Hmmm... If you are worried about them, taking over you, then just do what people have done forever. "Be fruitful and multiply" That ought to get em!

Some people are responsible and respectable enough not to reproduce when they know that their children will have a hard time growing up. It's called having a conscious.

Other groups could care less about being financially able to have children and raise them. Instead, they reproduce like rabbits and expect government assistance to help. Truth be told. And it's a sad truth.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

If Muslims cause vastly more terrorist violence looking at them first isn't racism, it's reasonable risk assessment.. (Why racism? What does race have to do with anything?)

Actually right wing extremists commit more deadly domestic attacks than Muslims in America.

Homegrown Terrorism Cases, 2001-2012

The New America Foundation and Syracuse University’s Maxwell School have examined cases of homegrown jihadist and non-jihadist terrorism in the United States since the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks.
Key Observations:

At least 380 people were indicted on terrorism-related charges in the United States between September 11, 2001 and December 31 2012.

207 of those people are identified as "jihadist" terrorists, and they subscribe broadly to the ideology of Osama bin Laden's al-Qaeda.

174 of those people are "non-jihadist" terrorists, who subscribe to violent, radical interpretations of one of the following ideologies: rightwing, leftwing, animal rights activism, environmental activism, or anarchism.

51 rightwing extremists and five anarchists were able to acquire explosives or bomb-making components. Five of the rightwing extremists obtained those weapons through government sting operations. Click here for the data.

23 jihadist extremists were able to acquire explosives or bomb-making components, 12 of whom obtained those weapons through government sting operations. Click here for the data.
The pool of non-jihadists is overwhelmingly made up of rightwing extremists: 80 percent, followed by animal and environmental activists at 15 percent.

At least 29 people have been killed by non-jihadist extremists since 9/11, while 17 people have been killed by jihadists.

Just 5 percent of jihadists indicted since 9/11 had carried out some kind of violent attack, while just under 50 percent of non-jihadists committed a violent crime before they were charged.
Just 16 percent of jihadists were able to acquire weapons before they were indicted, while 38 percent of right or leftwing terrorists possessed weapons (often in large quantities) at the time of arrest.

homegrown.newamerica.net...

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

I don't fear muslims. I was just trying to supply a solution to the problem. There are some rich Saudi's that come here for an education. Most of them return to their country afterwards. Stanford University comes to mind. ( It's one of the private universities starting with a S)

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

Also, the Saudi Royal Families are known for giving Saudi nationals in the U.S. thousands of dollars if they ask for money. This point was brought up right after 911.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by ratcals

Originally posted by phishyblankwaters
reply to post by ratcals

You are saying, you support stopping all immigration but only for a select group because of their religion.

Yes, no other religion is trying to destroy us.

And yeah, it's my bizarro world

You know, we should bar Christians from coming as well, because they are going to rape all of our poor defenseless kids. The Jews should also be barred from entering because they are all evil and greedy.

While we're at it, lets ban black people because they are all violent thieves. Asian people are terrible drivers so lets ban them too. Indian people smell like curry, I don't like that so let's ban them aswell.

Rofl, take your bigoted BS somewhere else, thanks.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 10:10 PM
link   
I'm just curious why the USA still needs immigrants whatsoever?

Is there a lack of people or too much space?

I understand the big cities are historical melting pots, and some of the coast and border with Mexico is porous to a degree, and with other countries in the Americas there will always be osmosis.

But why does it want to import people from other continents?

I'm not saying it shouldn't, I'm just wondering why it still does beyond very tight humanitarian or skill-based reasons.

In SA our borders are also very porous to other African countries, and some groups integrate fairly well, while others admit they are just here to make a quick buck while hoping to return home at a later stage.
We've also seen extreme xenophobic violence (as in people burnt in the street), where the local blacks attacked immigrants from other African countries.
If that happened in a white-majority country it would be considered a racist uprising.
The Chinese and other immigrants are also very visible.
Some immigrants have skills that help our economy, while others say they are a drain on our limited resources and have been an unwanted blight on national reconciliation and issues we wanted to focus on in 1994.

In any case, why does the US actually need more immigration?
edit on 8-5-2013 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Anyone that supports this should pack their bags and get the hell out of America. This goes directly against everything this country was founded on.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

I don't want to sound rude, but are you on drugs?

That list names regular criminals, not people with bombs attached to their chests. Hardly terrorists, just regular criminals.(and i believe 911 was an inside job) so that can be excluded also, so if you really think about it, only the Japanese have ever really made a terrorists attack on american soil. I mean, you people get your information from the media (propaganda), you think Muslims are so damn bad go to their country and say it to their FACE!!!

Sitting on the internet discussing how ugly someone else is. I have no respect for people that see them self's as God's who are above everyone else.

And this petition is an ugly affair, you damn racists. Can you just for one second, imagine someone else discussing your life the same way? and then actually going through with it? I am telling you, you wont like it all.

Again, all of you receive your data from sources that benefit from attacking innocent people, it's sick and disgusting!!!

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join