It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Petition "Stop Any and All Islamic Immigration Into the US"

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I'm kind of surprised this hasn't been posted on here anywhere already. I did a search and it turned up nothing.

Here is the complete title of the petition:

Stop Any and All Islamic Immigration Into the US in Light of Islamic Attacks Against The US

I'm probably going to be verbally attacked for this, but I support this petition. Our country is in danger of changing hands (again). It will only be a matter of time before there are enough Mulsims, radical or not, who will have a loud enough voice to influence matters on a national level. Then we will all find ourselves being oppressed under Sharia Law. I can tell you that I did not spend the majority of my life, defending this country, so it comes to this.

Thank you for your time and I approve of this message.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by ratcals

Lol. Ok, so you are worried that the Muslims would become the majority and start changing the country, am I correct?

Ok, ok. So gun laws have been removed from the books, cause the majority want that. Military spending is being reduced, because the majority want that. Pot is legal because the majority want that. The banks never got a bailout, because the majority didn't want them to.

you are living in bizarroo world.

i'm not attacking you for feeling that way, don't get me wrong, I just think you haven't thought rationally about this. The majority has no power, as proven by the state your country is in right now.

now stop and think about what you are saying you support.

You are saying, you support stopping all immigration but only for a select group because of their religion.

You do realize your country was founded to get away from garbage just like that right? I mean, you do get why the US exists right? To be free from political and religious discrimination.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by ratcals

you kind of already have Sharia in the US but ya never noticed it - you have Sharia courts already that provide mediation

www.pewforum.org...

Across the United States, religious courts operate on a routine, everyday basis. The Roman Catholic Church alone has nearly 200 diocesan tribunals that handle a variety of cases, including an estimated 15,000 to 20,000 marriage annulments each year.1 In addition, many Orthodox Jews use rabbinical courts to obtain religious divorces, resolve business conflicts and settle other disputes with fellow Jews. Similarly, many Muslims appeal to Islamic clerics to resolve marital disputes and other disagreements with fellow Muslims.

For the most part, religious courts and tribunals operate without much public notice or controversy

this is the same kind of Sharia that is oft quoted when folk try to say Sharia has over-taken the UK... and here it it, in the US, and it has gone un-noticed - because no harm was done i assume.

religious freedom would seem to dictate that if one faith can have it (ie: rabbis/priests holding religious courts and mediation), then so can the others.

now i aint trying to tell you what to do in your own nation, but suppose you do ban Islamic immigration etc, you still have Muslims already living in the US, whose families have lived there for generations.

you also cannot ban an idea, or restrict information, so new people will convert to Islam, like it or not.

does this not render the idea pointless? or at least make it look toothless?

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Well, that would be a sensible way to do it. They can get their educations elsewhere. They can take their money to a different country and help their economies grow. I don't think this petition is going to even get considered in congress myself.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I don't support this at all.

A few bad apples ruin the bunch. (mind you, a couple thousand out of millions is still a few)

However, stricter policies should be put in place. And those policies should go for all immigrants. Learn the new Countries Language, Learn the new Countries History and Respect the New Country . To accept and understand the new lands ethics and values and that it was basically founded on the Christian (or similar) Religion. (speaking of the U.S.)
edit on 8-5-2013 by kimish because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Hmmm... I have no problem with Islam as a Faith or Muslims immigrating. After all, we are a melting pot for the legal immigration of those who sincerely want to be a part of our society.

I think this sends the wrong message and actually does start crossing lines our nation can't easily step back from in making the whole conflict about America vs. Islam. We risk them, as over 1 billion strong, returning that favor and making it Islam vs. the United States. ....That's between 3 and 4:1 odds vs. our entire population, to the last child. Not the best group to go against as a whole ...especially when 98% of them have done nothing more offensive than worship a God not of our choosing.

Having said that? No special treatment either. Ditch the foot washing stations, when highway crosses cannot be erected to memorialize. Dump the special rooms in any school not 100% private for prayer, education or anything else remotely connected to the Muslim faith ...when a Christian prayer group cannot literally exist in schools across this nation. If one is to be erased from public view and life? So must they all be....including Islam. If they still want to come? They're welcome by my book. Religion doesn't, by itself, make anyone good or bad.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by phishyblankwaters
reply to post by ratcals

Lol. Ok, so you are worried that the Muslims would become the majority and start changing the country, am I correct?

Yes, actually I am.

Ok, ok. So gun laws have been removed from the books, cause the majority want that.

The majority quickly became the minority. Besides, they're not done trying to cram that down our throats yet.

now stop and think about what you are saying you support.

You are saying, you support stopping all immigration but only for a select group because of their religion.

Yes, no other religion is trying to destroy us.

And yeah, it's my bizarro world

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   
what ever happened to freedom of religion this is never going to happen
not when im president

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Thank you, you said it better than I could have.

All very good points that everyone should understand. Throw emotion out of the door and use logic.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Perhaps the author of this thread should educate his/herself on Islam. You will soon learn there is no such thing as a radical muslim, just a radical man.

A Muslim cannot and would never justify killing. If you think otherwise you have allowed the mainstream media to lie to you about Islam.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   
i don't have much in the way of contributing to this post but i just wanted to go on record by saying.. while knowing the stupidity of human nature this is pretty absurd and hurts my heart.

i keep screaming REVOLUTION!!! but we really aren't worth saving, not really.. the best solution i think is for all of us to shake hands then go our own separate ways.

they very second we take money out of the equation we will instantly evolve, reach a higher consciousness but until it happens i'll be in the cave, in the mountains. you'll know it's me because i'll be jamming SLAYER turned upto "11" (for the lesser enlightened that was a spinal tap reference) HA i'm metal 24/7 no matter what i'm talking about

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by chadderson

I didn't make up the title Radical Islam. Society did. Besides you never hear the term Radical Christian or Radical Jew now do you.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Yes Muslims are magical genies they will become the majority and impose sharia law.

These kinda illogical fear mongering is the number one problem.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

So yo honestly don't think if their numbers get big enough they are not going to start changing things to their ways? I'm not talking about today or tomorrow or even ten years from now. It's been done in the past on this very land. Have you forgotten about the American Indians and what we did to them?
edit on 8-5-2013 by ratcals because: Left out a critical word.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   
i'm certainly no expert on the subject, but found this that may be of interest re: courts in the US considering elements of Islamic law in past cases:

The True Story of Sharia in American Courts

The true story of Sharia in American courts is not one of a plot for imminent takeover but rather another part of the tale of globalization. Marriages, divorces, corporations and commercial transactions are global, meaning that US courts must regularly interpret and apply foreign law. Islamic law has been considered by American courts in everything from the recognition of foreign divorces and custody decrees to the validity of marriages, the enforcement of money judgments, and the awarding of damages in commercial disputes and negligence matters.

As an attorney, consultant or expert witness, I have handled more than 100 cases involving components of Sharia. In a case I tried in 2002, Odatalla v. Odatalla, a New Jersey couple had signed an Islamic marriage contract consistent with their cultural traditions. When the wife filed for divorce, she asked the court to enforce the mahr, or dowry provision, in her contract, which called for the husband’s payment of $10,000 upon the dissolution of their marriage. Superior Court Judge John Selser found the marriage contract valid under New Jersey law, concluding, “Clearly, this court can enforce a contract which is not in contravention of established law or public policy.”

In a 2003 case involving Exxon Mobil and a Saudi oil company, the parties had agreed as part of a commercial transaction that Saudi law would govern any potential disputes. After the Saudi company sued its former business partner, Exxon Mobil, the Delaware Superior Court heard testimony on Saudi law, which applies traditional Sharia, and the judge instructed the jury to base its decision accordingly. The jury returned a $400 million–plus verdict in favor of Exxon Mobil and against the Saudi firm.

Finally, in a more recent case I was involved in, a state judge declined to recognize a Syrian court order that would have transferred the custody of a child to her father because of the mother’s remarriage. The judge reasoned that remarriage alone is not sufficient to transfer custody. Far from deferring to judgments from foreign countries, US courts regularly refuse to recognize such orders due to the constitutional and due-process implications.

Had an anti-Sharia ban been in place in these courts, Exxon could not have won its verdict, nor would the wife in Odatalla have been able to enforce her marriage contract. The ban would have stripped those judges of their ability to fully and fairly consider the cases. For litigants in states where such a ban exists, these statutes are an unconstitutional infringement of the people’s freedom of contract, free exercise of religion and right to equal protection. And what the anti-Sharia movement ignores is that, whether a US judge considers Sharia as a foreign law, as in the Exxon case, or as a way to better understand a dispute between parties, as in Odatalla, the extent of its applicability is always dictated by American law.

It's worth bearing in mind that things are not always what we initially think they are
edit on 8-5-2013 by skalla because: grammar, she's my father's mother

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by ratcals

I'm probably going to be verbally attacked for this, but I support this petition.

Stop Any and All Islamic Immigration Into the US in Light of Islamic Attacks Against The US

So let me ask you. Should we start profiling all Arabs who immigrate by asking their religion? What if they lie, become citizens, and are found out later? Do we deport them?

Our country is in danger of changing hands (again).

When did it "change hands" the first time? This country has always belonged to free people.

I guess Emma Lazarus's poem needs a few extra lines according to you.

Give me your tired,

Unless their Muslims

your poor

Unless their Muslims

Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free

Unless their Muslims.

I can tell you that I did not spend the majority of my life, defending this country, so it comes to this.

Well some people died on the field of battle defending others right to believe whatever the hell they want to believe, and not be oppressed by some bigoted totalitarian government.

There is a lot of things I would like to say to you but they are against the T&C so I will just say *enter ad hominem here*.
edit on 8-5-2013 by Openeye because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by ratcals

Mexican immigrants commit far more crimes than Arab immigrants ever thought about, id rather put a stop to them.

Anyway, he does have a point about shariah law.. Ive heard stories about certain areas in London being completely over run with Arabs and Shariah law is enforced.
Dearborn Michigan has the highest Muslim population of any city in the US, that would be the place to watch first.
edit on 8-5-2013 by Berzerked because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Openeye

absolutely, the lyrics to "The Star Spangled Banner" would need revising too.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Openeye

We took the land from the American Indians. Although we didn't enslave them, we did make their lives miserable.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by ratcals

How would one stop the immigration of a religion?

"Islamic" attacks? I didnt realize that a religion could attack someone.

Officer: "Did you get a look at the suspect?"

Victim: "Yes officer, he was approximately 12" x 5" x 4" in the shape of a book with Arabic writing"...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join