It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Arrested For Drinking Ice Tea in Parking Lot

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikepopy
So... what's next?
A guy in civilian clothes comes up to us says he's a cop but doesn't show any Id,
tells us to pull down our pants, and were supposed to do it????

I don't have a problem with the authorities, but some id should be shown
or else I don't know if it is some lunatic that is harassing me.

peace

That

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by TorqueyThePig

I apologize for lumping the whole south together, but the mentality out here is completely different from up north, mid-west and west coast, all of which I have spent time in.

Ok so let me make it specific to the town/city I am in. In Fayetteville NC this is a common thing that can be observed on almost any day of the week. Friday through Sunday is guaranteed!!

Do not believe me, then I will take a ride around town recording such gatherings and upload them for your analysis. Would that make you feel a little better?

If these stores had such a problem with these things then I would not see it taking place all the time out here in Fayetteville. You would see cops breaking up gatherings, but this is just not true.

Observation of your surroundings is key. Yes I thought it was weird at first because this was not allowed in Washington. Police would harass people on assumption of gathering to take part in street racing. But that was Washington and this is not Washington. Different state, different laws, different vibe.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Every time I see one of these where someone supposedly gets arrested ONLY for something trivial, I have to ask the question: "What's the whole story?". There is pretty much always some descent reason for the arrest, such as being defiant and becoming belligerent. I bet that if he had (as others have said) let the cop smell the drink so he knew it was legit and not raised hell, there would be no headline/story...

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gu1tarJohn
Every time I see one of these where someone supposedly gets arrested ONLY for something trivial, I have to ask the question: "What's the whole story?". There is pretty much always some descent reason for the arrest, such as being defiant and becoming belligerent. I bet that if he had (as others have said) let the cop smell the drink so he knew it was legit and not raised hell, there would be no headline/story...

Do you let strange men who walk up to you in plain cloth look in your stuff just because they claim to be a cop ?

That could actually be the new trick to rob people seeing as apparently ,reading comments like these ^ a lot of you would.

edit on 3-5-2013 by Rubic0n because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Gu1tarJohn

Man it is easy to be a Monday morning quarterback, the power of hindsight….This is irrelevant!!

The issue should be why the man did not properly identify himself. If there would have been proper confirmation that this man was who he said he was and he told me what his probable cause was and if I consented to a search, then I might have responded positively to the person.

There is this thing called protocall that must be followed.

Till then you will not be touching my Sweet Tea!

Then again that’s just me.

If you do not evoke you your rights and know the proper procedure a cop should follow, then please believe they will take advantage of their position.

Case in point. A kid stole money from my home, police talk to the kid, kid says I am selling coc aine. Police then enter my home without permission with drug dogs and everything and found nothing but some cannabis seeds. They charged me for possession and distribution of marijuana. End result, case was dismissed because they had no right to enter and search.

If you do not know your rights, prepare for them to be violated.

edit on 3-5-2013 by IntrinsicMotivation because: Added 1 line

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Damn dude... jump to conclusions much?

Originally posted by kimish
OK, bs. How hard is it to put alcohol into an open can?? Not hard at all. To my knowledge carrying an open alcohol container in public is illegal. All that X had to do was let the officer smell the can. Instead he was defiant. This is why many people get arrested for petty stuff, they're stupid and try pressing their luck.
Chances are that X has a rap sheet as long as his leg too. SMh.

ETA: Arizona tea is also popular in many subcultures. Codeine (illegal without prescription/or illegal to abuse) is used in the tea. OP< I know you are aware of this so stop the race baiting.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by IntrinsicMotivation

The man simply refused to identify himself properly but some people here do not seem to want to hear it. I know i would refuse to show a stranger that merely claims to be police anything.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Rubic0n

I do not want to assume that everyone has heard a story like this so I will give a brief description.

Who has heard the many warnings about not pulling over for unmarked police cars?

There is a number you can dial to see if it is a legit cop, I believe it was 211 or something like that.

There are plenty of horror stories that involve this type of situation that ends with the person not being a cop. I do not know about y’all, but I need to see ID. Just like a cop demands for you to have Id, so must he! In fact you can take his badge number too so you can file a complaint on this false servant of the public.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by IntrinsicMotivation
reply to post by Rubic0n

I do not want to assume that everyone has heard a story like this so I will give a brief description.

Who has heard the many warnings about not pulling over for unmarked police cars?

There is a number you can dial to see if it is a legit cop, I believe it was 211 or something like that.

There are plenty of horror stories that involve this type of situation that ends with the person not being a cop. I do not know about y’all, but I need to see ID. Just like a cop demands for you to have Id, so must he! In fact you can take his badge number too so you can file a complaint on this false servant of the public.

Exactly.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   

With a little research, it is obvious they were shooting a Rap music video. Same clothes. They were probably waiting for Money Mal to get there to finish up the last shots.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by kimish

Um no, first off, the effects of drinking "Lean" not "sizzurp" as you put it, makes people act like they guy who came up dressed in black, yelling, and body leaning all over the place.. He even said he didnt know who they were, but said hello any way. Thats what a person looks like doing what you keep suggesting the guy in the video was. These are the reasons why blacks in the city settings have such a disdain for cops/ cop types. This type of racial profiling goes on 24/7, its amazing isnt it?
edit on 3-5-2013 by Computron because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-5-2013 by Computron because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by kimish
reply to post by Zaanny

I agree with that but because of the lack of material from the beginning we don't know what transpired to que the officer to come out and talk to X.
why would that make a difference the guy was not doing anything but drinking tea!are you a cop or are you racist? this pisses me off so what if the cop is a cop he is off duty and in plain clothes what gives him the right to f**k with people? thats the thing that really makes me mad cops being assholes off duty, i would of loved to see the guy knock the piss out of that pig.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rubic0n

Originally posted by Gu1tarJohn

Do you let strange men who walk up to you in plain cloth look in your stuff just because they claim to be a cop ?

That could actually be the new trick to rob people seeing as apparently ,reading comments like these ^ a lot of you would.

Impersonating cops has been a tactic used by less than savory characters for some time. And now that decomissioned cop cars are readily available for public purchase, it has become that much more simple for those that use the tactic.

Even in a traffic stop, everyone should ALWAYS ask to see identification.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by IntrinsicMotivation

I believe you when you say that gatherings happen all the time. The same happens where I am from. However there are a lot of business owners that don't want anyone gathering on their property for any reason.

That being said the video still doesn't answer some questions. Did the owner already give the police department letter of authority to trespass people who are loittering?

Another possibility the owner was inside the store, saw the man loittering and then called the police asking them to respond.

Another possiblilty is that the officer was working an overtime detail to specifically address loittering and other crimes that was requested and paid for by the store owner.

I am not going to argue about how the cop handled the situation. I wasn't there. I am only addressing people who are assuming he was "arrested for nothing."

I could be right or I could be wrong....

edit on 3-5-2013 by TorqueyThePig because: changed text

edit on 3-5-2013 by TorqueyThePig because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by kimish

You have heard of unreasonable search and seizure right? He had no reason to question, period.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by spacejosh

Well that is the problem you are assuming he was only drinking tea. Did the owner of the property call the police and request him to be trespassed? Did the owner already sign a letter of trespass authority giving the police the right to remove anyone from the property? Was the officer working a specialty detail at the request of the store owner to address trespassing and other issues?

Like I said I won't respond to the way the cop acted because I wasn't there. I could be right or I could be wrong. But hey I am just a dumb ass pig right?

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by kimish

the officer had no reason to believe the man was drinking an acholic beverage he was just being a douche. you are under no obligation to incriminate yourself if you are doing wrong and when this moron was proven wrong he should have apologized to the man and been on his merry way.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by phishyblankwaters
reply to post by captaintyinknots

Im guessing he's a rent-a-cop, which is why he never showed a badge, and never said you're under arrest.

actually, he told him he was arresting him then cuffed him. But yeah, he didn't identify himself, he did tell them he was the "po-lice" when asked, but provided ZERO identification. Honestly, they could have shot him once he grabbed the guy. Anyway it's all on tape, but without a breathalizer and testing on the can, what exactly would he be charged with? Not leaving a parkinglot fast enough?

I still wanna know how common it is to film people drinking tea in a parkinglot. Personally, i feel like there's more to this story that we're not getting.

If you listen in on the second video, the guy filming is telling someone else that they were there to film a video. Also, maybe I'm wrong but at one point in the first video, the rent-a-cop does show him a badge that he has at his waist.

Cops are pricks and are too often the cause of crime because instead of protecting and serving anymore they are too busy harassing people. There's been a lot of evidence of that on ATS lately and I'm sure glad so many people have cameras and are recording everything these days. What the hell business did this rent-a-cop joke have to go up on the dude in the first place? This BS is why so many people have no respect for police. Why respect authority when this is the type of behavior they portray? To bully, harass and arrest! That should be the new motto.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Rezlooper

So would you still think this was police harrasment if the property owner called the police and asked for them to remove this person from the property? Would it still be police harrasment if the property owner previously signed a letter of trespass authority giving the police the right to trespass people from the property?

See we still don't know if that was the case. Until I know that for sure I can't properly comment on this video.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   
That undercover or rent-a-cop was out of line. The video will be good evidence in court. Its all about the evidence. Lets take the racial stuff out of this for a minute and just watch the tape. Its ridiculous but not surprising.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join