It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Arrested For Drinking Ice Tea in Parking Lot

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+30 more 
posted on May, 2 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   

A man is standing next to his car in a parking lot, a supposed plain clothes officer comes up to him and asks him what he is drinking, trying to allude to it being an alcoholic beverage. The cop feels stupid because he realizes it was nothing but an Ice Tea. He then states he is going to arrest the man for trespassing, even though he IS IN A PARKING LOT, standing next to HIS car.

He was NOT trespassing and the cop is just being a racist tyrant, who cannot handle being wrong. He then threatens to arrest the man filming the incident.

Anyway, I hope the guy who was arrested for NOTHING, sues and gets paid.

edit on 2-5-2013 by WaterBottle because: (no reason given)

+16 more 
posted on May, 2 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   
OK, bs. How hard is it to put alcohol into an open can?? Not hard at all. To my knowledge carrying an open alcohol container in public is illegal. All that X had to do was let the officer smell the can. Instead he was defiant. This is why many people get arrested for petty stuff, they're stupid and try pressing their luck.
Chances are that X has a rap sheet as long as his leg too. SMh.

ETA: Arizona tea is also popular in many subcultures. Codeine (illegal without prescription/or illegal to abuse) is used in the tea. OP< I know you are aware of this so stop the race baiting.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by WaterBottle

here we go...so someone just wants to film some unknown guy drinking Ice Tea in the parking lot...because I always film friends and family drinking Ice Tea in a parking lot....more to it than this...
edit on 2-5-2013 by chrismarco because: (no reason given)

+42 more 
posted on May, 2 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   
You might want to put a warning on that for language.

First reaction? This plain clothes 'cop' never once identified himself. As soon as he got physical, they would have been well within their rights to defend themselves.

Im guessing he's a rent-a-cop, which is why he never showed a badge, and never said you're under arrest.

ETA: at second look, its almost a guarantee that he is a rent-a-cop. his demeanor, the fact that he had to dial the police on his cell phone.

And for the record, there is no way, in hell, I would let a stranger stick his nose up to the container I am putting my mouth on. I may have offered to pour some out so he could smell it, but come on, I dont want some grimy looking guy putting his nasty face on my drink.
edit on 2-5-2013 by captaintyinknots because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   

As someone already mentioned... Why is dude filming dude drinking an ice tea? Much like many videos we see at ATS, it simply doesn't make any sense.

Secondly, while I agree, "X" wasn't breaking any laws, and certainly wasn't tresspassing, all he had to do was let the cop smell the drink. that's it. Instead, he refused, even told the cop to go into the store. I don't agree with the arrest, i don't agree with the harassment either.

But if you are drinking an ice tea, let the cop smell it, case closed right? No, had to be a tough guy while his friend filmed it.

I don't see this as racist, I can easily see a white guy doing the same thing and getting tossed. What I do have an issue with, is the clearly drunk guy who wanders into the shot while the cop is being a dick, and the cop says nothing, not a word to him.

+49 more 
posted on May, 2 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by kimish

Yes, because you shouldn't be able to drink Ice Tea in a parking lot without being harassed by some guy who claims he is a cop in plain clothes.

Chances are that X has a rap sheet as long as his leg too. SMh.

You have no clue and are going by racial stereotypes. A past rap sheet is irrelevant to this incident even if he did have one.

ETA: Arizona tea is also popular in many subcultures. Codeine (illegal without prescription/or illegal to abuse) is used in the tea. OP< I know you are aware of this so stop the race baiting.

Ice Tea is Ice Tea, and no, it isn't commonly used in sizzurp, and even if it were this is irrelevant. Do you not realize black people drink Ice Tea and are regular human beings like white people? [snip]

edit on 3-5-2013 by Kandinsky because: ill-mannered comment snipped

+37 more 
posted on May, 2 2013 @ 11:47 AM
link   
What kind of maniac drinks an iced tea in a parking lot? Sure glad they got this creep off the streets

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

Im guessing he's a rent-a-cop, which is why he never showed a badge, and never said you're under arrest.

actually, he told him he was arresting him then cuffed him. But yeah, he didn't identify himself, he did tell them he was the "po-lice" when asked, but provided ZERO identification. Honestly, they could have shot him once he grabbed the guy. Anyway it's all on tape, but without a breathalizer and testing on the can, what exactly would he be charged with? Not leaving a parkinglot fast enough?

I still wanna know how common it is to film people drinking tea in a parkinglot. Personally, i feel like there's more to this story that we're not getting.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   

I can agree on the cop being a douche but why not let the cop smell the ice tea? And we didn't see the beginning, for all we know X could've been acting suspiciously hence the officer coming out to see what's going on. X didn't need to be confrontational, confrontation with an officer is why many people get arrested. Plastic tough guys. :/

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Maybe they filmed to prove that being black is reason enough to get yourself arrested.
Sure he could have let the cop smell his can.
But I think that cop wouldn't have approached him if the guy had been white.

It's hard to imagine this being white myself. But some black friends of mine (in the netherlands) told me about police prejudice.
I was shocked to hear it, naive as I may be, that just because they're black and riding around in a car is reason enough to being pulled over.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

actually, he told him he was arresting him then cuffed him.
He says "you are being arrested". He never says "you are under arrest". He then calls the REAL cops on his cell phone.

But yeah, he didn't identify himself, he did tell them he was the "po-lice" when asked, but provided ZERO identification. Honestly, they could have shot him once he grabbed the guy. Anyway it's all on tape, but without a breathalizer and testing on the can, what exactly would he be charged with? Not leaving a parkinglot fast enough?
With this tape, its highly unlikely that any charges would stick. Guy still got taken to the ground, cuffed, and halled in for processing (and at night like this, chances are he spent the night in a cell), for DRINKING ICED TEA.

I still wanna know how common it is to film people drinking tea in a parkinglot. Personally, i feel like there's more to this story that we're not getting.

People film each other doing all sorts of stuff all the time. Have you been on youtube or facebook?

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by z00mster

Is it racist if the cop pulls a car over without even seeing the driver and the driver happens to be black?

+19 more 
posted on May, 2 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by kimish

I can agree on the cop being a douche but why not let the cop smell the ice tea?

Why shoudl he let a complete stranger who hasn't even identified himself as a cop just claims it smell his Ice Tea?

People have a right to drink Ice Tea without being harassed.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   

The point was, why are they filming it to begin with? It's like they're egging the police on. They're instigating something to happen.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by WaterBottle
reply to post by kimish

I can agree on the cop being a douche but why not let the cop smell the ice tea?

Why shoudl he let a complete stranger who hasn't even identified himself as a cop just claims it smell his Ice Tea?

The guy said within the first minute that he was an officer.

ETA: what actually caused the cop to come out to begin with? From the video we're led to believe it's because X is drinking a can of Iced tea... I think there's more to it than that.
edit on 2-5-2013 by kimish because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on May, 2 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

This is the digital age. It is extremely common to film yourself hanging out with friends. I know I have.

link   
Brings to the question...What kind of world do we live in today..lol...ice tea...lol

+5 more 
link   

Originally posted by kimish

Originally posted by WaterBottle
reply to post by kimish

The guy said within the first minute that he was an officer.

And? Why should anyone trust him?
There are a ton of weirdos in the world. Let's praise the parking lot TSA.

+3 more 
posted on May, 2 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by kimish

The point was, why are they filming it to begin with? It's like they're egging the police on. They're instigating something to happen.
Again, have you been on facebook or youtube? Every shmo in the country now has a video camera in their pocket at almost all times. The internet is littered with random videos of people filming mundane things about their lives.

First thing he says in the video is that they are waiting for someone. They are killing time. Playing around.

How are they egging him on? They are doing nothing. Literally. Nothing.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Has the feel of a setup to me. Just my two cents, but how do we know what happened before the filming?

The thing to remember is that a person can manipulate the circumstances so that what is filmed gives a false impression.

Not saying this is the case here, but it is something to consider
edit on 2-5-2013 by smyleegrl because: autocorrect is doing weird things to me lately

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join