It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Arrested For Drinking Ice Tea in Parking Lot

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 10:03 AM
link   
So... what's next?
A guy in civilian clothes comes up to us says he's a cop but doesn't show any Id,
tells us to pull down our pants, and were supposed to do it????

I don't have a problem with the authorities, but some id should be shown
or else I don't know if it is some lunatic that is harassing me.

peace

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by hounddoghowlie
reply to post by kimish

after reading what other members have posted, i went back to your post and see that i misunderstood your post.
i kept wondering why no one had called you on it.
when i read your statement,

Arizona tea is also popular in many subcultures. Codeine (illegal without prescription/or illegal to abuse) is used in the tea

and saw the parenthesis, which i took as you adding something of your own as a statement of fact , i saw this.

Arizona tea is also popular in many subcultures. Codeine is used in the tea

i might have worded it little different. maybe some like this.

Arizona tea laced with cough syrup which contains codeine, is also popular in many subcultures.

as i said i would apologize, i do so now and have deleted and edited my previous posts accordingly.

edit on 2-5-2013 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

which is all fine, and good...if he were correct, that is...

the whole thing is bunk...purple drank ain't made with tea...

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by dubiousone

Actually you are wrong sir. An owner of a property can absolutely trespass anyone they want from their business. The parking lot is also considered part of the property. Kind of like the curtilage if you will.

To take it one step further an owner of a property can sign a letter of trespass authority for his property (this includes a parking lot). This gives the police the right to trespass a person on the property without the owner having to sign each individual trespass affidavit. So if we respond to a call and ask someone to leave and they don't we can arrest them for trespassing after warning. The warning being the part where we asked them to leave due to the owner giving us prior written consent to issue the warning.

Now this occured at a liquor store correct? I will say that every liquor store in our city has signed letters of trespass authority. At one time I was in charge of getting those documents signed. All the liquor store owners said the same damn thing. If anyone is loittering in the parking lot and will not leave when you ask them take them to jail.

A lot of crime occurs in liquor store and gas station parking lots. I don't know of any businesses like that in our city that don't ask to sign a letter of authority.

That being said. I was not present at this incident so I will not specifically comment on it.

Flame on.

edit on 3-5-2013 by TorqueyThePig because: added

edit on 3-5-2013 by TorqueyThePig because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by thesmokingman

I agree. Why would this guy just stand in a parking lot drinking ice tea. That's kind of odd. Its probably better he is behind bars.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 10:33 AM
link   
X is a local rapper, for starters, number 2, they were in the lot to film a music video. The camera man and X just arrived and were awaiting people from there shoot to arrive so they could begin. The cop is a fool, period, he though wrong and got caught up in his power trip...

On the other hand...did they have permission to be on the lot filming? Doubt it...but still

Must public places especially strip malls and areas similar to the one this scene takes place have signs posted clearly stating that once an office asks you to leave, you are required to do so...in effect the property owner is giving the police the ability to choose who is a legit costumer and whose just chilling drinking in the lot...

The cop was being a little strong with the tactics for really no reason....but X should have just cooperated instead of trying to act like he knew what's up when clearly he missed some classes on public places and the laws for them

I'm all for fairness and liberty and freedom...but every so often you just have to check your ego and let people do the job they are being paid to do...if you decide to be a fool, well then this is generally what happens...basically a judge will through this out but the cop still won...
edit on 3-5-2013 by JustJoe because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Daedalus

i have my doubts about that too. not enough info as he said he kept on saying. if the tea had cough syrup in it, and like the poster said he would have been able to smell it in the can. how come the cop didn't smell on his breath. then the cop left the can sitting on the ground. which tells me that there was nothing in it.

what my apology was for, i thought that he was claiming that people drank the tea because it had codeine in it.
like it was used in the production of the product. as i said it's the way he worded his post that i took it wrong. that's what i called him on and therefore i owed him the apology.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Damn you guys are gullible.

This is a FAKE VIDEO. This is a dumb wannabe rapper trying to build street cred. Did anyone bother to check the guys account and see what else he's posted? Here's why this is fake:

1. No one just films there friend to drink iced tea in a parking lot.
2. The "cop" doesn't identify himself, have a badge, or a uniform.
3. If he indeed was arrested, why wouldn't he post the ACTUAL ARREST when the police got there?
4. He's a wannabe rapper trying to build street cred by getting arrested.

C'mon ATS. You guys are better than this. Use your heads.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   
I think the reason they are filming and had a camera on them was because they are shooting a music video, I'm pretty sure they said that at the beginning of the video. It could be a fake video or more to the story. I wonder if someone could find his mug shot on the internet (if someone knew when this supposedly happened) so we can prove if this video is real or not.
edit on 3-5-2013 by nancyliedersdeaddog because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-5-2013 by nancyliedersdeaddog because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by kimish
OK, bs. How hard is it to put alcohol into an open can?? Not hard at all. To my knowledge carrying an open alcohol container in public is illegal. All that X had to do was let the officer smell the can. Instead he was defiant. This is why many people get arrested for petty stuff, they're stupid and try pressing their luck.
Chances are that X has a rap sheet as long as his leg too. SMh.

ETA: Arizona tea is also popular in many subcultures. Codeine (illegal without prescription/or illegal to abuse) is used in the tea. OP< I know you are aware of this so stop the race baiting.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   
I guess I should fill you all in since I live near where this happened. Said event happened outside the ABC liquor store off Skibo and Morganton rd in Fayetteville N.C. 28303

The man who is harassing the guy with the ice tea is someone I have seen in plain clothes at another ABC store and usually is open carrying.

To those who question why filming?

Here in Fayetteville, people meet up in big groups, car clubs or bike gangs and that is what they do!!!
Common places is the parking lot you seen which is next to a Burger King, or across Skibo in the Gander Mt parking lot.

My cousin called the local radio station Foxy 99 and wanted to talk about this on the radio. Jane Doe (radio personality) said that these men were a part of local artist represented by Foxy 99. I cannot verify that, but I trust my cousin and he knows the DJ outside of the radio station, she said she couldn’t discuss what had happened on air.

While Fayetteville is nowhere near what I experienced with police in the Seattle/ Tacoma area in Washington State, I can tell you that it has gotten worse in the four years I have lived out here. The court system is a joke too, but I detailed that in another post I believe (concerning a case that I represented myself in).

If I come across any new information on this I will gladly post here to this thread.

@ TorqueyThePig, concerning your trespassing comment, I understand where you are coming from, but that is not how things fly in the South. Coming from the West Coast, I remember the first place I worked at out here, a lady asked me if she could leave her car in the parking lot for a day and I replied that I did not think it would be allowed, to which the boss told me that things work differently out here, and for the most part, concerning parking lot gatherings in Fayetteville, this is true.

The real ignorance in this video was the obvious belligerent drunk that stumbles into the shot shouting out FayettteNam, yet no trespassing or public intoxication charges were brought.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by hounddoghowlie
reply to post by Daedalus

i have my doubts about that too. not enough info as he said he kept on saying. if the tea had cough syrup in it, and like the poster said he would have been able to smell it in the can. how come the cop didn't smell on his breath. then the cop left the can sitting on the ground. which tells me that there was nothing in it.

what my apology was for, i thought that he was claiming that people drank the tea because it had codeine in it.
like it was used in the production of the product. as i said it's the way he worded his post that i took it wrong. that's what i called him on and therefore i owed him the apology.

I agree but I don't think many people mix cough syrup in sweet tea and either way I think it would be a pain trying to dump the syrup in such a small opening and not spill it all over the top of the can. Most people mix syrup in a plastic bottle or cup not a can. The reason I know a lot about syrup is because I had friends who have done it and I've been prescribed syrup multiple times.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 10:58 AM
link   
You know what else I learned when I moved out here? Sweet tea is the preferred drink. MC D’s sells their largest cup of sweet tea for $1.

Who the hell mixes codeine with sweet tea? When have you ever heard reference of it in any song or lyric? Please show me.

Every reference I have ever heard involves sprite and jolly ranchers with the syrup. That would also include people that I know who have drank this concoction.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by phishyblankwaters
reply to post by WaterBottle

all he had to do was let the cop smell the drink. that's it. Instead, he refused, even told the cop to go into the store.

What cop ? At that point the plain clothed person that walked up to him demanding him to hand over his ice tea never identified himself not even after he was asked who he was , near the end of the video he flashed something on his belt which was supposed to be a badge (which was not even seen on the cam) , you can buy those at toys'r'us and hang them on your belt if you are going to flash them for less then 1 second like he did.

If i where to walk up to you in plain clothes demanding to see what is in your backpack or in your soda can without identifying AND even refusing to identify myself would you be ok with that ?

Because that is what happened here.

Then the self proclaimed and not properly identified police guy finds out he was wrong and arrests him for trespassing , ...on a parking lot in front of a open store where they just stopped at. -_-

Some people just want this to be a proper arrest for some reason (people like you) which is why you are so apologetic towards this "police guy".

People like you and who responded here like you are part of the problem why we are still so divided amongst ourselves.

edit on 3-5-2013 by Rubic0n because: typ0

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Echo007
Does the officer have a complaint from the store owner to file trespassing charges. If the officer thought he put something in the can of ice tea, how come he didn't collect it after arresting the person.

Looks like a clear case of a cop abusing his power to me.

I would like to add that if somebody has a complaint that you are trespassing (IF that was the case) you can't just be charged, I think you have to first be asked to leave and then charged upon refusal. However, this isn't what happened here, the cop came to confront the guys and sought to provoke a reaction. And they reacted as any law abiding citizen should.

YOU DO NOT HAVE A DUTY TO PROVE YOU ARE NOT BREAKING THE LAW TO A COP OR ANYBODY.

If you know you are doing the right thing you don't need to prove it.

But if the cop had a reasonable motive to suspect something then that would be another story (say, if there are screams coming from the trunk or something like that)

If this is a country of the free, know in your heart you are doing the right thing, be polite and reasonably helpful but take no crap from cops or anybody. Know your rights people!

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by IntrinsicMotivation

I do work in the south my friend.

Also being it is an ABC liquor store which is a chain I would imagine they have a policy of not letting/wanting people loittering in their parking lot.

edit on 3-5-2013 by TorqueyThePig because: added

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   
I feel really sad for the guy having his evening ruined and being violently attacked by some stranger.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by kimish

ETA: Arizona tea is also popular in many subcultures. Codeine (illegal without prescription/or illegal to abuse) is used in the tea. OP< I know you are aware of this so stop the race baiting.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Everyone needs to read this carefully...

'cause it's only going to be said once.

The attacks on members who have the temerity to disagree with you will stop right now. You disagree with an opinion? Good for you. You agree with someone? Good for you.

But personal attacks will stop.

If you can not discuss the issue without resorting to personal commentary, you need to log off.

link   

Originally posted by sh1fty

This is a FAKE VIDEO. This is a dumb wannabe rapper trying to build street cred. Did anyone bother to check the guys account and see what else he's posted? Here's why this is fake:

3. If he indeed was arrested, why wouldn't he post the ACTUAL ARREST when the police got there?

YOU might want to use YOUR head BEFORE you use that impulsive spastic brain of yours

"Cop guy's" name is : "Rick Libero"

www.nbcnews.com...

confirmed real

edit on 3-5-2013 by Rubic0n because: typ0

link   

Originally posted by sh1fty

We're gullible? Let's see this list of your point by point.

Why not? Especially in this day and age when everyone has a camera. Even before that people film just for the sake of filming. Can you prove otherwise? No? Well that's point one.

He says he is a cop, he flashes a badge. Perhaps you should watch the video before you start writing your posts. So that's 2/4.

Again, watch the video and the 2nd part too before you comment. 3/4.

So now he is getting arrested even thought you alluded that he wasn't? Even if he is wannabe rapper how does it change any of the circumstances in the video? It wouldn't be any different if it was a wannabe gynecologist. 4/4.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join