It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Creepy things kids have said to you

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 01:00 AM
link   
My Daughter who is 3 has an "Friend" she goes into her bedroom sometimes alone, sometimes with my other Daughter, her little sister who is 2 and have a Tea Party with ALWAYS 3 place settings. She calls her friend Brendan.
She knows no Brendan and I have never known anyone to tell her this name.
I think kids at this age have open minds. It may be playful, it may be something else.
I think allowing kids to be kids for as long as possible is a good thing.
If they are 10 and believe in Santa, good. Let them live in the child's mind for as long as we can

Shaun

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by gemini12
When we were little our sitter liked to tell us creppy stories and play"games"with us. One of these games being light as a feather swift as aboard. Yeah i know she was a peach. Well anyway it never worked for her. One day my older siblings tried it on me, just us. I was arround 6 at the time. They floated me off the floor, quickly dropped me and ran from the room. I recall being confused at their reaction and thinking wasn't this what we were trying to do all this time. Not really a comformation of a paranormal expirience or was it..?

My friends and I played 'light as a feather, stiff as a board' quite a bit when we were very young, and played 'spells' too pretending we were witches. The one night it worked was when we used the ouija board!! I'm not even sure who taught us girls that now that I think about it. Oh & Im Gemini and one of my fav numbers is 12 so I like your name!

This is a great thread, love reading it! S&F!!
Also, my 6 month old scares me when she focuses on things that I can't see, her and my dogs the same. I try to ignore it. Lol

S&F

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Alright ill bite i'm in my 40's now and could not tell u what I dreampt about last night much less a week or month ago but when I was around 4-5 years old I had an experience on a military base in Yuma AZ that has stuck with me to this day crystal clear meaning I can still see the images in my mind. My parents had just put me to bed and I was looking out a large horizontal window spanning the wall behind my bed I remember it was a stormy night and thinking I could see a face that almost looked like a cloud staring at me, Eventually I laid down and very shortly after felt a tug on my pillow. I remember thinking it was my step brother who came to stay with us sometimes but he was at his moms house in Chino, the tugs on the pillow increased to the point where I grabbed tight and finally it was yanked from my grasp I then remember rolling on my back and watching the pillow fly up and then down as it started beating me, I kicked, punched and screamed at it and it finally flew over to the far left wall and landed on a dresser precisely at the same time my dad came barreling into the room. I spent the rest of the night in my parents room and I remember my dad not being to happy about it. Funny part is I also remember the next day sitting on an outdoor AC unit with a bunch of other kids playing cowboys with our cap gun six shooters the old school ones telling them my story and one of the kids saying I would of shot it.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Awesome, awesome stories.

Thanks OP. S&F.

Cirque

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 02:11 AM
link   
When I was a kid I wanted an imaginary friend so bad (it was trendy to have one), that I pretended to have one. I pretended to have an imaginary friend, I don't think I understood the concept.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Kids. Are. Awesome. Was just reading some of the stories to my SO as he's getting ready to go to sleep.
Such a great thread!

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 02:37 AM
link   
I have a few experiences to share:
I have no children of my own, but I do work with children as a gymnastics coach and talk to them on a daily basis, I know there are more instances that I've forgotten. Several of them deal with kids who talk to people no one else can see, or dead people. Most of the time I chalk it up to imagination, but there have been a few that were different, just something I can see in the kid telling me, a fear or almost guilt that they've said something. I never ask their parents as I don't want to scare them but I'm always curious if there's a reason or of these things happen often at home.

Anyway, one evening at work I was coaching a group of 7-12 year olds on bars. I needed a mat to set up a specific drill for whatever skill it was I was teaching. I spotted the mat on the other side of the gym and I headed for it. That evening there was a preschool class of 3 and 4 year olds in the gym and they were lined up next to the trampoline. As I passed the tramp near the little ones in this class a little girl standing in line was looking at me, so I smiled. As I walked past she said "Hello (my name)". I was instantly taken back, I had never taught her or worked with her class before, she shouldn't have known my name. She said it with such confidence and normally the kids in the gym say "Mister or Miss" before our names, not her just my name. In response I said "Well hello, how are you" and she just smiled.
I grabbed my mat and walked back in the direction I came. A short time past and the little girl came near me and said; "Why don't you have a better job?" Thinking that she was wondering why I wasn't doing much at the time, I said "What do you mean?" She said " Why are you still coaching gymnastics?"
She said all of it with such confidence, I thought that maybe she had an older brother or sister that I had worked with but it was just her in our gym. I thought, maybe she had overheard her parents talking about me, but her parents didn't know me from adam. It was just strange.

The next came from my youngest cousin. When her mom was 8 months pregnant with twins, she was in a car accident, trying to turn left a car rear-ended her and as a result of the trauma she lost one of the twins. No one ever told my cousin about her twin that died until she was a teenager. Anyway My mom baby-sat her once per week from the time she was around 2 until she started going to school, my mom never had girls of her own so she really enjoyed having a girl around. One day when my cousin was maybe 5 her and my mom were doing their hair in the bathroom. My cousin was sitting on the counter and she looked at my mom and said "I want the other girl" my mom still says that at this moment her blood ran cold and all of the hair on her body stood on end, she looked at my cousin and asked what that meant, my cousin turned to face the mirror, pointed at her reflection and said "I want the other girl that looks like me".

If I can remember any others I'll post those too.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 02:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ploutonas
the thing with imaginary friends is modern, at least in my culture WE NEVER HAVE THAT! ... so it has to be something with the western countries and the things u eat... lol

I mean, I am more than 30 y old, how many families I know... countless.. we never had that! Not even in our urban legends. Its different to say that ur kid can see spirit world and different to say that ur kid have an imaginary friend.

edit on 29-4-2013 by Ploutonas because: (no reason given)

Was going to ask you to clarify something about this. I know that in Native American culture, they're not very likely to say that a child has an imaginary friend but instead, that sometimes they are seeing something that adults cannot. Basically, it's one thing for a kid to say "don't step on the vegimals" or think that portals can open to take them to the mac and cheese world but it's considered something else entirely when they are interacting with what would seem to represent a person. The Native American view on such things was a lot more encompassing and accepting of all things paranormal but the rest of the US? A child who is interacting with an invisible person is pure imagination. Don't think it's a matter of food but more a matter of worldview.

That said, when you say children in your country don't have imaginary friends, is it because they are viewed as seeing something spiritual/paranormal or they just don't see anything at all? Thanks
edit on 30/4/13 by WhiteAlice because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 03:21 AM
link   
Sorry for replying so late, been at work. Lots of great experiences here, so thanks for posting them!

Originally posted by DAVID64
Probably should add, my Nanny died in 1982 - My daughter was born in 2000.

My cousin's two young kids used to argue "she's MY Nanny, not yours". My Aunty died when one of them was only an infant and before the other was born.

Originally posted by luciddream
she said "the old man with no eyes pushed me down"....

I've personally witnessed an entity with no eyes too.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Originally posted by z00mster
About a week ago he was wondering about the universe and gave his explanation.
He said that there is not just one universe but there are many.
When I asked him to elaborate he said that the worlds are laying eggs.
And sometimes when there are a lot of eggs, it will 'split, or divide' and so on...

Makes you wonder if planets are formed the way cells in our body are. I've always wondered about how celestial bodies orbit things like electrons in atoms.

Originally posted by Realtruth
So why the thinking that spirits, or things kids see, or say are weird? They just haven't been conditioned by the BS and negativity of adult thinking yet, but that does change in time for many.

So true. Many people commented on the thread in the article that they wouldn't be able to sleep that night because it was so creepy. But because I believe in the spirit world, I found the stories fascinating instead.

One thing my Mother told me of when I creeped her out when I was little. I was screaming and so she came into my room and asked what was wrong. I said "the little man at my door"! She said, "what little man"? I replied, "the little man with horns on his head"!

I can't remember it and my family wasn't religious, so that scared her big time!

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 03:43 AM
link   
When i was about 4-5 i used to get down on my knees and bow, chanting, Obi-Wanna...... Still have no idea why i did?
Around the same time i was visiting my grandfather in the trailer park that he lived in. It had a little playground and i was walking back to his trailer when i heard a hostile voice chant, "I'm going go get your sister". At the time i thought a piece of wood was talking to me because the voice was in its general direction. So i told my parents that the board talked to me and told them what it said. They freaked out, especially my mom who had similar things happen when she was a child. So a few years down the line my sister is 14 or 15 and starts using crank and a whole slew of other drugs, eventually leading to meth.When she was recovering from her addiction (i was in middle school at the time) , she had a nightmare, about being in this park taking pictures with her cellphone, when she pulled the phone up to take a picture she saw a little girl with completely black eyes and clinched fists at her side, leering at my sister like she was mad at her. Still can't remember if the voice i heard was female or not though?
I also had a really vivid dream when i was about 7 and i was in this grid-like world running from something, but at the same time i was chasing something trying catch it, never looking back to see what was behind me. The grid landscape would change and i remember touching something that was as small as a marble yet it felt gigantic and heavy. Strangely enough, now that i am older, i don't think about it much.But when i do it kind of gives me the chills just because i remember waking up in a cold sweat after that dream and being really freaked out by the voice i heard.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 04:03 AM
link   
reply to post by NuclearPaul

Oh, wow....creepy is right!

I was tucking in my two-year-old," said user 'UnfortunateBirthMark'. "He said 'Goodbye dad.' I said, 'No we say good night.' He said, 'I know. But this time it's goodbye." "Had to check on him a few times to make sure he was still there," the startled parent added.

Very odd! The child could have meant he was saying "goodbye" that night, but I would have checked myself. Actually, I would ave most likely had that kid in MY bed that night.

The Reddit user 'thingsimeanttobe' posted this comment: "My five-year-old at the time had night terrors and would scream in her sleep. One night I said 'mama's here it's okay'. She looked right at me still asleep and screamed 'mama? But who is that behind you?'"

That one really creeped me out.....especially since once, while having a webcam call with my oldest (adult age), she said she saw "someone" behind me. Child-sized, she claimed, but NOT a child. That was right after we'd moved into the house. For a while, too, i would swear one of the kids had gone past, when they hadn't. Needless to say, I made a point of letting anything icky know it was NOT welcome here, and after that, had NO incidents at all. Something lingering from before we owned the place, I suppose. Still.....

User 'Abluesxs' said she asked her son: "What's the best way to get a girlfriend?" The response: "Tell her to be my girlfriend or she'll never see her parents again."

One creepy part here is that a parent is asking a child that young about dating. Plus, what on earth is that kid watching, to come up with a response like that??

The user 'Like-I-was-sayin' described his three-year-old daughter's chilling comment about her newborn brother: "[She] looked at him for a while then turned and looked at me and said, 'Daddy, it's a monster we should bury it'."

Seriously freaky.....and I hope they watch that child around the baby!

The one about the grandmother being old, and the peeling sunburned skin, I would guess were simply kids being blunt, and nothing sinister. The others, though?

One in the comments, about the boy stating his stepdad was in a wreck seems quite familiar. My mother knew things like that. Once, my dad was on a business trip (WAY before cell phones), and we were at the grandparents' house. Mom stopped what she was doing, and out of the blue stated that my dad was in a wreck. After a pause she added that it wasn't serious, and no one was hurt. Later that night, when he called, we found there had been a multi-car fender bender, with many cars rear-ending one another, in heavy traffic, and no one was injured.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl
My son once asked me,

"Mommy, does the dead man in the basement scare you?"

I was flabbergasted. Our house is only two years old, and he was about four at the time. I asked him why he thought there was a dead man in the basement and he just shrugged.

Then he told me, "Don't worry. The dead man only wants to play Nintendo. He won't hurt us."

Now what do you say to that?

Exorcise the basement? That's really freaky!!

I would recommend seeing if you can get more information. Maybe he could draw a picture, and explain why he believes this "man" is dead.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 04:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by luciddream
Have you guys ever seen babies looking at "empty" spaces and talking and laughing... ?

it still makes my hair rise....the reason my grandma gave me when i was younger...

"oh she probably looking and talking to all the dead relatives".

When i used to baby sit my niece, i was 12 yrs old, alone in our house. She would just look at wall and laugh... i get freaked out...

YES! My second daughter, when she was pretty small, but spoke a little, would, when in bed with me in the morning for cuddles or whatever, would stare at he ceiling, and talk about Pooh and the gang (as in the bear) on the ceiling. She was utterly delighted, and there wasn't anything spooky at all about it. Her little brother and sister did the same thing, but they didn't label whatever they saw. We decided it must be angels, watching over them, because there was such delight, nothing sinister, and a real feeling of peace.

My oldest son, though.....what he apparently saw was a little creepy. We were in Germany at the time, in some older housing. He was two, and in the room we first put him in, claimed he saw a "man with a lion" in one ceiling corner of the room. He never slept well there, either, and we ended up switching him and his sister. She didn't love the room, but wasn't overly bothered. Odd thing; the unit directly above us, the lady stated that she saw "something" in that room, and the one above her apparently saw something terrifying, in the same room in her place.

Small children can be very aware of things many adults write off as "not there".

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 04:19 AM
link   

edit on 30-4-2013 by FlyInTheOintment because: Never mind.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 04:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kody27
reply to post by NuclearPaul

My 4 year old godson talks about his friend "John" all the time. No one in his family or friends knows a John who could have possibly come into contact with him, even though it's a common name, there are no Johns that come around. Plus even if there were, my godson talks about John as if he is only in his room and in his dreams. His mom gave him some paint and a piece of paper and then she started to paint a flower. He started his own painting with several different colors carefully placed around in a pattern. I asked him what he was drawing, he immediately said "A spirit world." I said, "Oh, how do you know what a spirit world looks like?" he said, "John showed me." We all just looked at each other funny and he continued to draw his spirit world.

Any chance of a pic? That is very interesting!

Strange, and more than a little creepy, but interesting.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by JiggyPotamus
Having had paranormal experiences myself, and having heard many stories over the years from family members and people I trust completely, I am convinced these things exist. With that said, when I was younger I saw a person that no one else could see, and I have heard similar things within my own family with other small children. Plus this seems to be reported by people around the world. It is my opinion that children are more "in tune" or apt to see things like this mainly because they have not been told these things do not exist. That is sort of a poor reason, but it may be part of what is going on.

The spirits that talk to children are mostly of the evil variety, why I do not know. But I would say to start with children are easier prey, they are occupying a space where they lack the total consciousness that's developed in later childhood, and the demons are concerned with building a relationship with certain children that they later hope to lead into pursuing black magic.

If you ask me about good spirits, that I don't know. I would say that not all voices (hallucinations) are bad, but it is the bad ones that lead people to seek or receive treatment. Also, the media reports bad stories. For angels and that sort of thing, I wish I did know but I do not.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 08:00 AM
link   
At our previous home alot of unexplained things happened. One day while i was at work my wife called me freaking out. She said our 3 year old daughter was playing in her room alone and when she went to check on her she was drawing a picture of a girl in a dress with no legs. She asked her who it was and my daughter gave her a name (i cant remember right off) of the girl and said that she comes to play with her during the day. My wife asks her why she doesnt have legs and she replies that its because she got ran over by a car when she died. She said it scares her when she shows up in her room but that she is really nice and just wants to play.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thurisaz
my Son was only 5 and we were sitting in the pews waiting for the 'initiation to be finished' .. well my Son was getting angry and tutting and puffing so loud others were looking at us, well he finally cracked it and yelled out in front of everyone... "Jesus is DEAD"...

You are truly lucky to have such a child.
edit on 30-4-2013 by Miracula because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 10:07 AM
link   
So, my stepdaughter definitely had past-life memories.

We'll say, for the sake of anonymity, that my girlfriend's name is Susan and my stepdaughter's name is Sarah.

So, Sarah was about three, and Susan was drinking a 20 ounce Coke one day. The coke slipped from her hand and fell to the ground--of course, being made of plastic, the bottle just bounced off the concrete.

Sarah tells her Mother that, "When I was your mom that Coke bottle would have shattered because they were only made of glass back then."

And proceeds to tell my girlfriend that, back in those days women only wore dresses, and all coke came in glass bottles.

Both of those statements are, of course, true. There's no way a three year old knows that.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   
While at this point my daughter isnt able to speak and i can only guess at what she is staring at, if she is anything like me my wife and myself are in for a wild ride.

I vividly remember seeing things as a child that were not there. I remember being in the bath tub at my parents house, a house that belonged to my long dead great grand father i never met or even had seen pictures of. telling my mother that there was a tall man walking around the house and being very freaked out as it was some one i did not recognize. This obviously upset my mother that some one was in our house, she checked the house and couldn't find any one when i described the person i saw from what i am told anyway i described my Great grandpa to a T down to aprox. height and his oddly large ears. I remember seeing this man at least 4 times in that house before it burnt down when i was 5 years old.

I have always been able to feel and see things that i cannot explain, I am a believer but i look for the plausible explanation of things before jumping into the it must be a ghost demon or spirit bag.

With that being said i firmly believe that i was seeing my Great Grandfather in that house, I have talked to my mother about as recently as last year she remembers it as well. It is amazing what our mind can perceive when we do not clutter it with the preconcieved notions of adult hood.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join